Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,616 members, 7,847,588 topics. Date: Saturday, 01 June 2024 at 09:36 PM

Muslims Assault U.s. Embassy In Indonesia - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Muslims Assault U.s. Embassy In Indonesia (978 Views)

Kerry Presides Over Raising Of Flag At U.S. Embassy In Cuba / Pics Of Nigerian Embassy In Malaysia (don't Cry) / 18 Nigerians To Be Executed In Indonesia Today (monday, 04, 2013) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Muslims Assault U.s. Embassy In Indonesia by Odeku(m): 9:02pm On Feb 19, 2006
JAKARTA, Indonesia - Hundreds of Muslims protesting caricatures of the Prophet Muhammad tried to storm the U.S. Embassy on Sunday, smashing the windows of a guard post but failing to push through the gates. Several people were injured

SO and they said islam is not a religion that promote violence?

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060219/ap_on_re_as/prophet_drawings
Re: Muslims Assault U.s. Embassy In Indonesia by kbstar(m): 1:24pm On Feb 22, 2006
Islam is and remains a religion of peace.

Let me ask, why was the cartoon published in the first place? Am sure the publishers knew the possible consequence of such publication. When people enjoy confronting muslims, what do they expect? Has there been a time muslims cartoon or insult Jesus through any medium?

If the cartoon was just a show of freedom of expression, why was it not targeted at the christians? The world understands that no matter the level of spiritual corruption, muslim don't take islam for granted. Islam is fought from various angle, though some muslims can be corrupted, but not the religion.

Muslims also know and recognise the forces behind their problems, those who strive in their daily lives to destroy the strength of Islam, tagging muslims with all sorts of name. When issues of this sort springs up, we know who to fight, but Allah is the best of judges.

We do not support the attacks on embassies and other places over the cartoon, it is not allowed in Islam. U.S didn't publish the controversial cartoon, those who attacked U.S embassy had other reasons just as their is a different reason to the attack of the christians and the igbos in Borno state, they battles are fought on hidden scores.

May God help us all!
Re: Muslims Assault U.s. Embassy In Indonesia by axeprince(m): 3:58pm On Feb 27, 2006
@kbstar,

I am sure your full name is Kabiru, and sorry to tell you, I have always known them not to be smart people.

Your post here, is it just out of joblessness or lack of sense?

Abeg, read and be educated.,ok?

Now that I have yabbed youtoo, or insulted you, you can face my embassy on VI and burn it down, or go kill my mother too, ode, oponu.
Re: Muslims Assault U.s. Embassy In Indonesia by kbstar(m): 4:02pm On Feb 28, 2006
@axeprince

Your nickname and your manner of expression tells what kind of person you are.

You said I should read and get educated, when nairaland members read our posts, they know who needs education.

I don't insult people, that's the difference between me and you.
Re: Muslims Assault U.s. Embassy In Indonesia by alexis(m): 12:15am On Mar 01, 2006
There are no need for insults in this matter, let us discuss this issue with our feets on the ground. I have been doing alot of digging into Islam about the holy prophet and Allah and the koran. I even bought a koran in English and the hadith to gain more insight. Islam is a way of life for muslims and they will do everything that the koran instructs just the way christians strive to do everything the bible teaches. The bible teaches peace and forgiveness so does Islam - However, there are so many contradictions that I found in the koran that I wish to raise. However, I will tell you guys this much

1. Violence in Islam is spiritual and it's real - When you understand this fact you will then digest why a man can kill another in the name of a god and you will understand why muslims act the way they do and the riots and killings that happen in the north will make more sense to you

2. There is no clear cut difference between politics & religion in Islam - How can you blow yourself up in the name of God for a political reason. Why do sunnis kill shiites and shias and vice - versa?

That been said, I also don't think it gives others the right to ridicule others religion in the name of free speech, I wouldn't be happy if someone depicted Jesus as a gay or a homosexual. In my view it is blasphamous, however - I wouldn't burn embassies down because of that or kill others because of that, my findings that violence in islam is spiritual.

So in conclusion, find out more about Islam so that you can be informed on how to deal with muslims
Re: Muslims Assault U.s. Embassy In Indonesia by axeprince(m): 2:43am On Mar 01, 2006
You can imagine, I have been online for almost 8 hours before I decided to answer Imam kbstar,please don't start any religiuos war with my nick, it has meaning and I can tell you, only if you will ask,ok?

My manner of expression? try read my postings, I can only say "Welcome to this Forum, because I know this is your first experimental", ok?

Again, Read and Learn angry

(1) (Reply)

How The Us Electoral College Works / Breaking News:rescue Of Trapped Chilean Miners Underway / South Africa Apologises To Nigeria Over Diplomatic Row.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.