Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,323 members, 7,815,629 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:35 PM

How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) (33543 Views)

How To Make Banga Rice. Step-by-step Guide / CNN Travel Lists Banga Soup, Groundnut Soup Among 20 Of The World's Best Soups / "My Husband Didn't Put His Sperm In My Food" - Delta Madam Banga Rice (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Oghene1st: 11:12pm On May 05, 2022
https://guardian.ng/life/food/how-to-make-banga-rice/

HOW TO MAKE BANGA RICE

Just picture it as palm oil rice that looks like jolof rice but very different in taste, traceable to the Edoid tribes in Delta (Urhobo and Isoko). It is an easy, refreshing change to your palette that your taste buds will surely thank you for.

INGREDIENTS:

700g (1 De Rica or 4 cups) long grain parboiled rice.
400g palm fruit extract, canned or made from scratch
Beef Stock
2 medium smoked fish – deboned and broken into small pieces
Orunbebe stick (optional)
1 red onion – chopped
1 tsp banga spices
1 tbsp crayfish (optional)
1 tbsp ground cayenne pepper
2 seasoning cubes
Salt (to taste)
Dry or fresh habanero pepper (atarodo) (to taste) – diced
Scent leaves (to taste) – rinsed

HOW TO PREPARE:

Wash out the starch in your rice with hot water. Drain, pour cold water over it. Drain again and set aside.

Mix the banga concentrate in a pot of hot water so that all the sand and particles can sink to the bottom.

Decant slowly into another pot for cooking your rice. Make sure no sand transfers to the new pot.

Add beef stock if you have, onion, banga spices, orunbebe stick, smoked fish, crayfish, crushed seasoning cubes, salt and pepper to your taste.

Make sure the liquid is enough to cook the rice you need. Reduce the heat, cover and leave to boil.

Add the washed rice and cook on low heat until it softens. Then turn up the heat and let it boil.

When the rice has absorbed almost all the liquid, stir with a wooden spoon and lower the heat. Add your shredded scent leaves.

If the rice is still too hard, seal the rice in with foil paper or a plastic bag and cover the pot for a few minutes until the rice is properly cooked and has absorbed all the water.

Stir properly and take off the heat.

Serve hot or sprinkle a little banga soup on top if you have any.

27 Likes 8 Shares

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by affable4(m): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
That snail combo is everything.

22 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Jh0wsef(m): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Now you know how to cook banga rice.
Next thing is to know how to get people patronize your business, let's give you the audience guy deserve with good branding

CHECK MY SIGNATURE wink

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Jh0wsef(m): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Omo

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by elothaddi(m): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Interesting
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by vincentjk(m): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Give me a plate of this rice and a bottle (not rubber) of chilled coke choi

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by JayPeeOham: 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Yummy cool

Where can I get it for dinner tonight please

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by leofab(f): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Nice
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Klin1(m): 9:10pm On Jun 28, 2022
Look sumptuous
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by DeRuggedProf: 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
How to make Obidient Ricegrin grin grin

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by dragnet001: 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
OP this your version of banga is ajebuter type. The realest banga rice with lots of palm oil garnish with fresh pepper is the one sold by the road side in most rural areas in Delta. Those one's are yummy yummy.

26 Likes 1 Share

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by ekukeku(m): 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
May God provide for some people who can't afford to get something to eat tonight but came online with free operamini & met dis kind meal
Amen

25 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by 1dorzine(m): 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
I'll try this
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by reaky(m): 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
Yummy
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Succeszy(m): 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
Kudos to the chef
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by osmosis5(m): 9:11pm On Jun 28, 2022
e don tey I taste banga soup sha..

3 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by 1Sharon(f): 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2022
I'm hungry embarassed
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2022
Make sure sapa is not staring at you while viewing this thread otherwise na u and hunger go slug it out this nite.

9 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Samfloxin(m): 9:12pm On Jun 28, 2022
I am just salivating,why?

1 Like

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Samajogs: 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
Yummy...I love rice with palm oil
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by fineboynl(m): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
I remember that rice. Better than fried and coconut rice.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by ukpahu(m): 9:13pm On Jun 28, 2022
enjoy
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by PrinceAkorede(m): 9:14pm On Jun 28, 2022
Okay, noted
Thanks for sharing
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by madenigga2dcore(m): 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2022
Look sumptuous is different from taste sumptuous
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Harmony92(f): 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2022
Banga rice and assorted kiss.
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by gasparpisciotta: 9:15pm On Jun 28, 2022
I love this

The vegetables are not over cooked

Visually appealing
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by tutudesz: 9:17pm On Jun 28, 2022
undecided
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by GboyegaD(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
Nice description.
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by potbelly(m): 9:19pm On Jun 28, 2022
After hot banga rice... na sleep sure pass... grin grin

4 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by SouthSouth1914: 9:20pm On Jun 28, 2022
The first 2 plates are FAILED banga rice!

The last one try small.

2 Likes

Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by Elidrisy20: 9:23pm On Jun 28, 2022
Delicious dish,long list of ingredients,,have you seen my certificate?
Re: How To Cook Delta Banga Rice (Urhobo & Isoko Version) by SweetDipBenny(m): 9:27pm On Jun 28, 2022
affable4:
That snail combo is everything.
Ewwww! I want to vomit lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Man Catches Big Python In Delta, Butchers It For Pepper Soup (Photos) / I Cooked Beans Within 32 Minutes! / My Neighbours Ate Sallah Ram Meat Without Inviting Me - Young Man

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.