Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,209 members, 7,829,335 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:05 AM

Remote Jobs Availability - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Remote Jobs Availability (3056 Views)

5 Remote Jobs With No Remote Experience / Top 5 Websites To Find Foreign Remote Jobs As A Nigerian / Remote Jobs In Nigeria :10 Reasons You Should Start Working Online (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Remote Jobs Availability by Realestatevixen: 11:34pm On May 05, 2022
Good day careerlanders.

Please I am in search of international remote jobs where I can work for foreign organisations from the comfort of my home

I'll appreciate legit ones that you can suggest.

I have over 10 years experience in banking and customer service and support.

Thank you.
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by otipoju(m): 3:00am On May 06, 2022
"AML KYC"
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Realestatevixen: 1:27pm On May 06, 2022
otipoju:
"AML FYI "

Meaning?
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by otipoju(m): 2:56pm On May 06, 2022
Realestatevixen:

Meaning?

Anti money laundering Analyst
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Realestatevixen: 6:47pm On May 06, 2022
otipoju:

Anti money laundering Analyst

Oh nice. I knew AML is Anti money laundering, it's the other part I was not conversant with. Please is there such opening available?
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by otipoju(m): 10:04pm On May 06, 2022
Realestatevixen:

Oh nice. I knew AML is Anti money laundering, it's the other part I was not conversant with. Please is there such opening available?

That was an error. I corrected it to KYC.

You have to do the searching and create a profile on job boards like careerbuilder, indeed, monster, zip recruiter etc.

Who knows.

1 Like

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Klass99(f): 3:39pm On May 07, 2022
cool

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Realestatevixen: 12:44am On May 08, 2022
Klass99:
A lot of foreign/international organizations do not trust us and do not like working with us. The moment your IP address shows Nigeria you can pretty much kiss that opportunity goodbye.

I have been on this remote work journey long enough to know this, except for tech guys, most of us in other fields will find it difficult to break into the remote work space. You can try freelance platforms like Upwork. It is not impossible to land the sort of job you want, but you need to be aware of the reality as well.

Thank you for shedding more light
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Realestatevixen: 5:29pm On May 08, 2022
Hello fam
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Moneyporium: 12:57pm On May 09, 2022
Klass99:
A lot of foreign/international organizations do not trust us and do not like working with us. The moment your IP address shows Nigeria you can pretty much kiss that opportunity goodbye.

I have been on this remote work journey long enough to know this, except for tech guys, most of us in other fields will find it difficult to break into the remote work space. You can try freelance platforms like Upwork. It is not impossible to land the sort of job you want, but you need to be aware of the reality as well.
Well, you're right. However, I got to know lately that there are still few of those companies that wouldn't mind hiring Nigerians. I had a job interview with a company based in the USA just last week. I was told they had a terrible experience hiring people from other countries. The only one they had no issues with was with a Nigerian. According to them, she's the most hardworking person they've met. So they thought, why not try another Nigerian and see how it goes? Since they weren't getting along with the other people from those other countries. I was impressed. For the first time, I was proud of my country. Lol. Someone paved way for another Nigerian cause of how good she is. And they're really paying well for the role.

12 Likes

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by pocohantas(f): 6:43pm On May 09, 2022
Klass99:

We don’t realize how bad yahoo boys have ruined the Nigerian image until you get responses like this.

1 Like

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by otipoju(m): 7:16pm On May 09, 2022
Its so bad that if you put anything " Nigeria " on your resume, the ATS will automatically reject it. Took ne years to know this
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Klass99(f): 8:59pm On May 09, 2022
cool

4 Likes

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Klass99(f): 9:12pm On May 09, 2022
cool

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Moneyporium: 3:57pm On May 10, 2022
Klass99:

I am sending you good wishes and I hope you get the job. If you do, pls rebuild and rebrand the Nigerian image for those who genuinely want to find/do honest work for honest living.
Thank you sis. I got the job yesterday. And I'll keep that in mind. I wish you all the best.

1 Like

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Klass99(f): 4:05pm On May 10, 2022
cool
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by tensazangetsu20(m): 8:28pm On May 10, 2022
I don't really know about other sectors but when it comes to tech, Nigerians are well regarded. Having Nigeria on a resume as a tech worker is a plus rather than a minus as it used to be a few years back. I guess the previous tech people have done a really great job.

1 Like

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Moneyporium: 11:24pm On May 10, 2022
Klass99:

Awesome cheesy. It is fully remote right?

Please let us know so we can keep the hope alive and not be discouraged by the bad image yahoo boys plus coconut head Nigerians have created for is all.

I don't know you but I feel like dancing because this inspires hope and confidence in a way I can't even explain.
Aww, thank you so much sis. It's fully remote. It's a start up company in Florida. Full time, from 8am to 4pm. Of course that means I'll be working in Nigeria from 1pm to 9pm cuz of the time difference. There are jobs out there... Sure some will surely discriminate for no reason. We hear Nigerians making history in every part of the world nowadays. Some of them know this. Just trying to say, keep pushing. We'll all get there some day.

2 Likes

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Klass99(f): 4:03pm On May 11, 2022
cool
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Tumbulum: 7:49am On May 12, 2022
Moneyporium:
Aww, thank you so much sis. It's fully remote. It's a start up company in Florida. Full time, from 8am to 4pm. Of course that means I'll be working in Nigeria from 1pm to 9pm cuz of the time difference. There are jobs out there... Sure some will surely discriminate for no reason. We hear Nigerians making history in every part of the world nowadays. Some of them know this. Just trying to say, keep pushing. We'll all get there some day.
wow congrats. What's your field of study?

1 Like

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Bryant131: 10:49am On May 12, 2022
Thankful for the little by little useful exercise. Has conclusively the ordinary impact!

jcpassociates
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Moneyporium: 7:26am On May 15, 2022
Klass99:

wink You are welcome, your good news is like music to my soul. You ought to have work-life balance with those hours na, especially if you are in Lagos.

No life sucking traffic or crazy road users to deal with, but you may have to spend more on fuel and personal power generation. If you are not in Lagos or Nigeria, it's even better for you.

I'm in Minna. And you're right. I'll need to spend on personal power generation. This moment that we're having power problem in my area. It made me lose a job. I'm happy I lost the job though. It pushed me to this job which I got a week later. This pays three times more. So, a little investment wouldn't hurt.

Thank you so much sis. I wish you the best.

2 Likes

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Moneyporium: 7:29am On May 15, 2022
Tumbulum:
wow congrats. What's your field of study?
Thank you. I studied Mass Communication, and I'm still studying another course. These people ain't even after that. I've gone through a series of training.
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Tumbulum: 8:41am On May 15, 2022
Moneyporium:
Thank you. I studied Mass Communication, and I'm still studying another course. These people ain't even after that. I've gone through a series of training.
I'm inspired by you.
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Realestatevixen: 12:00pm On May 15, 2022
Moneyporium:

Please how did you get to know about the job? Is it from a direct referral or through LinkedIn? What's the payment currency? In dollars or naira? Please are there sites I can use to secure a job remote job from here in Nigeria.

I will appreciate your response. Thank you
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Moneyporium: 12:31pm On May 15, 2022
Tumbulum:
I'm inspired by you.
Aww, I'm honored.
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Moneyporium: 12:39pm On May 15, 2022
Realestatevixen:

Please how did you get to know about the job? Is it from a direct referral or through LinkedIn? What's the payment currency? In dollars or naira? Please are there sites I can use to secure a job remote job from here in Nigeria.

I will appreciate your response. Thank you
I dunno anyone. I get these kinds of jobs on Indeed. You just need to filter your job search, so they mail you based on your preference about new jobs. I read on a thread sometime ago that indeed has no jobs. Well, for me, it's different. I've had an opportunity to several good paying jobs. I mostly apply for those ones looking for remote workers in Nigeria, and not the actual remote Nigerian jobs. Most jobs in Nigeria ain't actual remote.

The scope here is, some of these start up companies want cheaper labor. And cheap for them means $500-$1000 per month. They know they can't pay that if they're hiring from their country. The pandemic has opened these people's eyes and they now think its more profitable to be diverse.

Thanks to our currency that has lost its value, it's a great deal for people like us. Imagine landing a job of $1k per month here, it might be nothing to them there, but here, it's over 500k. And you're working from your home. Like you asked, these companies pay in Dollars.

Though, some of them now know the country situation, and try to take advantage of that. I had an interview with one of those guys late last year, they said they couldn't pay 100k. They already did the calculations in their head, in naira, lol. And theirs was even worse because you'd be working from late night till morning. I told them I wasn't interested.

2 Likes

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by pocohantas(f): 12:45pm On May 15, 2022
Moneyporium:
I'm in Minna. And you're right. I'll need to spend on personal power generation. This moment that we're having power problem in my area. It made me lose a job. I'm happy I lost the job though. It pushed me to this job which I got a week later. This pays three times more. So, a little investment wouldn't hurt.

Thank you so much sis. I wish you the best.

- Inverter and solar.
- Rechargeable bulbs. cheesy
- Laptop powerbank.
- Backup system.
- Strong data connection.

The most important thing for a remote worker is that your devices are always up and you have data connection.

You are right that a little investment doesn’t hurt. I always wondered why my friends in tech splurged a lot on computer accessories. Now I know why. I need a second screen myself and would totally love an iMac. I hope I get one by next month.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Realestatevixen: 2:28pm On May 15, 2022
Moneyporium:
I dunno anyone. I get these kinds of jobs on Indeed. You just need to filter your job search, so they mail you based on your preference about new jobs. I read on a thread sometime ago that indeed has no jobs. Well, for me, it's different. I've had an opportunity to several good paying jobs. I mostly apply for those ones looking for remote workers in Nigeria, and not the actual remote Nigerian jobs. Most jobs in Nigeria ain't actual remote.

The scope here is, some of these start up companies want cheaper labor. And cheap for them means $500-$1000 per month. They know they can't pay that if they're hiring from their country. The pandemic has opened these people's eyes and they now think its more profitable to be diverse.

Thanks to our currency that has lost its value, it's a great deal for people like us. Imagine landing a job of $1k per month here, it might be nothing to them there, but here, it's over 500k. And you're working from your home. Like you asked, these companies pay in Dollars.

Though, some of them now know the country situation, and try to take advantage of that. I had an interview with one of those guys late last year, they said they couldn't pay 100k. They already did the calculations in their head, in naira, lol. And theirs was even worse because you'd be working from late night till morning. I told them I wasn't interested.

Ok

Thank you so much for the information. I am most grateful. I still have a question if you don't mind please. On indeed, how do I select the country I want to be receiving job alerts for.

Thanks in anticipation
Re: Remote Jobs Availability by Klass99(f): 5:29pm On May 15, 2022
cool

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Ten Enemies To Your Visions / How To Handle A Non-Paying Employer? / Ican Or Bsc Conversion Or Pgd

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.