Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,512 members, 7,854,187 topics. Date: Saturday, 08 June 2024 at 12:11 PM

Man Breaks Into Soun's Palace Claims Throne In Ogbomosho - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Man Breaks Into Soun's Palace Claims Throne In Ogbomosho (721 Views)

RCCG Pastor, Afolabi Ghandi Olaoye Is The Soun Of Ogbomoso / Man Breaks Ooni Ogunwusi's Gates, Rams Into Ooni Palace / HRH Prof Chukwuemeka Ike Is Dead, And No Heir To The Throne (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Man Breaks Into Soun's Palace Claims Throne In Ogbomosho by Biodun556(m): 8:03am On May 06, 2022
Chief Ayinla, who narrated the incident told reporters said he was in the palace to ensure that everything was normal when the intruder attacked him

He said: “ I was in the palace and just called a food vendor when I saw the man ramping up towards the palace court.

“I demanded what he wanted but he muttered inaudibly. I stood up, leaving my meal. That was when he made for me.

“I wanted to escape but I fell. He pinned me down and started punching me. In the process, I lost two teeth.

A witness who did not want his name in print said: “The man was shouting, ‘I must sit on that throne today; I am your next Oba, you have no Oba,

“I am your new Oba, where is the crown? He broke the glass to the palace but the iron bars prevented him from gaining access. He then tried a back door but could not gain entry.”

Palace Secretary Toyin Ajamu said there was no need for panic as there was no crowns to be stolen from the palace.

Ajamu, in a statement, said: “To put the record straight, there was no crown at the palace as the seat of Soun of Ogbomoso land is presently vacant with no crown and nothing whatsoever is being stolen except that he destroyed the main entrance aluminium sliding doors and exit door leading to Soun’s administrative office from the palace.”

“Members of the public are hereby advised to ignore the rumours peddling around that he(intruder) was at the palace to steal crowns or any property.”

The last Soun of Ogbomoso, Oba Jimoh Ajagungbade III, passed on. In December 2021 at the age of 95.

https://thenationonlineng.net/man-breaks-into-souns-palace-claims-throne/

Re: Man Breaks Into Soun's Palace Claims Throne In Ogbomosho by Lanretoye(m): 8:05am On May 06, 2022
This is what they call sacrilege in those days when who do anyhow dey see anyhow,but now...even the gods don taya for nigeria matter ancestors self e no concern them again.
Re: Man Breaks Into Soun's Palace Claims Throne In Ogbomosho by illicit(m): 8:16am On May 06, 2022
Sha but new teeth for that Chief Ayinla grin
Re: Man Breaks Into Soun's Palace Claims Throne In Ogbomosho by oz4real83(m): 8:34am On May 06, 2022
As sacrilegious as the act is, why didn't the gods strike him dead either before or after committing the sacrilege? Somebody will come out later to rain curses and fear on the man on behalf of the gods, who were only watching while the sacrilege was being committed undecided
Re: Man Breaks Into Soun's Palace Claims Throne In Ogbomosho by RealityBender(f): 8:51am On May 06, 2022
Biodun556:

Chief Ayinla, who narrated the incident told reporters said he was in the palace to ensure that everything was normal when the intruder attacked him

He said: “ I was in the palace and just called a food vendor when I saw the man ramping up towards the palace court.

“I demanded what he wanted but he muttered inaudibly. I stood up, leaving my meal. That was when he made for me.

“I wanted to escape but I fell. He pinned me down and started punching me. In the process, I lost two teeth.

A witness who did not want his name in print said: “The man was shouting, ‘I must sit on that throne today; I am your next Oba, you have no Oba,

“I am your new Oba, where is the crown? He broke the glass to the palace but the iron bars prevented him from gaining access. He then tried a back door but could not gain entry.”

Palace Secretary Toyin Ajamu said there was no need for panic as there was no crowns to be stolen from the palace.

Ajamu, in a statement, said: “To put the record straight, there was no crown at the palace as the seat of Soun of Ogbomoso land is presently vacant with no crown and nothing whatsoever is being stolen except that he destroyed the main entrance aluminium sliding doors and exit door leading to Soun’s administrative office from the palace.”

“Members of the public are hereby advised to ignore the rumours peddling around that he(intruder) was at the palace to steal crowns or any property.”

The last Soun of Ogbomoso, Oba Jimoh Ajagungbade III, passed on. In December 2021 at the age of 95.

https://thenationonlineng.net/man-breaks-into-souns-palace-claims-throne/

Check am well. E go be Fulani man. Another Emir on Afonja land!
Re: Man Breaks Into Soun's Palace Claims Throne In Ogbomosho by Maxymilliano(m): 2:19pm On May 06, 2022
grin grin grin grin ... Crazy headline from Vanguard

(1) (Reply)

Chimamanda Adichie Is So Uncultured And Rude And Not As Intelligent As She Is Po / "if You Can Speak Yoruba, Talk It In Here (re Loaded)!" / When Was The Last Time You Did Something For The 1st Time?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.