Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,665 members, 7,813,229 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 09:04 AM

What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? (28746 Views)

Is It Advisable To Marry A Man Earning 100k In This Present Economy. Ur Sincere / Suitors Now Prefer Our Maids For Marriage To Our Daughters / How Guys Use Marriage To Plunge Themselves Into Perpetual Poverty. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 11:53am On May 06, 2022
Marriage they say is a beautiful thing but if you ask many men out there what marriage is to them or what marriage has brought to them or will they get married if they are given chances to rewind time, their responses will be in negative form or NO.

That same step(marriage) is the next step to be taken by me but I have one unanswered question. I am a young man in my 30s, currently free from any dating relationship and about to begin my search for a life partner, but I like being cleared/well-informed about something before going into it.

Pardon me for this long note I am about to dish out and the question I will be asking at the end.

For sometimes now, people around me have been telling me I am next in line to get married, some telling me to ensure I bring a responsible lady home and all that.
My mom do tell me she won't rush me to get married but as an observant person you will notice she really wants me to bring a woman(wife) home.

My dad told me sometimes ago that if I don't have a lady, that maybe they should search for a young good girl for me early next year.
My younger ones are expecting me to take that step so they can start planning on theirs and all that.

All these are for their own good or benefits, I am not saying they don't deserve it but I have been trying to get a tangible reason to get married i.e what is the SPECIAL thing(benefit) it will add to my life, I am the one getting married not them.
"Na me wan wear the shoe."

A bikeman, popularly known as Okadaman that do come to my place told me story about himself and big opportunities that marriage has made him miss.

In addition to his words and those I have heard from others, the fear of things going south, disappearance of peace of mind and all that are other factors.

Presumed(anticipated) benefits which are not as they are expected to be again are)

CHILDREN: Children can be gotten without marriage, for example: C. Ronaldo, Mikel, and others did that and they are doing well.

GOOD MEALS: Foods can be gotten from outside or prepared by the man or any other person that is not a wife for the man. Moreover, how many of them can cook well like our mothers? I'm a better cook than most ladies I have come across.

COMPANIONSHIP: That is an overstatement in our present society. It is even more noticeable in dating relationship than in some marriages these days.

SEX: That is the cheapest service/thing to get after air and water(clean water is even more expensive). Moreover many marriages are lacking sexually. It is worse if the man has high sex drive aka high libido.

SUPPORT: I don't want to go there because it is an open fact that instead of getting support, the man is being leached/milked of the one he has.

HOME: I can still remember how some married men will pack their cars at the junction, stay inside their cars for long before driving home, some go to the bar/relaxation centers to chill before going home, some don even like going home. You all know why?

With all these in mind, I want to ask this question that has been bothering me because I need to sort it before taking the step...

Now, my question is "WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF MARRIAGE TO A MAN IN THIS OUR TIME?"

PS: I used this image because what marriage did to the man in the picture is in the open

147 Likes 10 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Ballzproblemm: 11:54am On May 06, 2022
absolutely nothing

125 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nobody: 11:54am On May 06, 2022
Companionship & Procreation.
Go n read Genesis to know more.
To all who are quoting me. Marriage isn't by force. Don't discourage those who value it.
I wonder how you all train those kids you had anyhow via baby mamas or surrogacy.
What's the value you instill in them. One of the things destroying the world of today is lack of value. And its first gotten from homes.
So who are you all fooling?
I m coming with full force!
Last Drop:

Either you all cooperate jejely or stay out of marriage.
I now found out most people here in support of the op are atheists & men running away from responsibilities.
All of you no get life. Especially those atheists. I dey watch you, Una dey watch me. We dey here. Una go see weeen!

57 Likes 6 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nobody: 11:55am On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:
Go n read Genesis.
Please leave fairytale out of this.

138 Likes 8 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 11:58am On May 06, 2022
Ballzproblemm:
absolutely nothing

"Nothing" would have been better na, at least make e leave am as e take meet am.
But, honestly I have been thinking about it, it may even be beneficial to people around him but what about him?
Instead of adding, it sucks from him.

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 11:58am On May 06, 2022
Sweetplum:
Go n read Genesis.

You mean procreation?

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Loveisnotenough: 12:00pm On May 06, 2022
That's why it's not advisable to get into it without money. There's no Gaddam benefit, nothing at all but then again, isn't it better to raise our kids responsibly? Sure it is. Every man must get married even if it means getting divorced every now and then.

31 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by GasAndOilTheory(m): 12:04pm On May 06, 2022
if you are fortunate enough you'll not just meet a personification of Gods blessing but a lover that'll ensure you progress

49 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by BabaIbo: 12:06pm On May 06, 2022
Loveisnotenough:
That's why it's not advisable to get into it without money. There's no Gaddam benefit, nothing at all but then again, isn't it better to raise our kids responsibly? Sure it is. Every man must get married even if it means getting divorced every now and then.

I am telling you, "More like I know this is not advantageous OR beneficial but lemme just do it anyway."

Are you saying other kids are not raised responsibly?
I mean kids in Mikel, Ronaldo, Techno, Patoranking etc kind of union.

Moreover, is it every kids in marriage that are responsible?

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Ballzproblemm: 12:08pm On May 06, 2022
Loveisnotenough:
Even with money there's still comma, how are you sure she ain't after your money,how are you sure after all the hustling na one broke guy the sample am , because she lacks attention, look at will Smith for example, doesn't he have enough money to feed him and his family for year's , yet his son friend August dey help am keep Jada. warm ,guy be wise no use this mentality ,money can't keep woman

71 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by fikayormi(m): 12:10pm On May 06, 2022
Two good heads are better than one they say

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Nazgul: 12:11pm On May 06, 2022
Marriage became useless to men because we abandoned our culture and tradition and embraced that of the Western world.

When you start sleeping with girls from the age of 16 and have a body count of close to 50 girls by the time you're 30, what usefulness do you expect to get from marriage? Truth is even you the man wouldn't value the marriage and would immediately resume your sexcapade after your honeymoon

The only way to restore decorum in African marriages is to embrace back our culture.

Pre marital sex must be seen as an abomination, those who practice it would be banished from their community.

Virginity test should be one of the requirements a girl must possess before marriage can take place, this will reduce promiscuity in girls.

A law should be passed that ràpists would earn in instant death sentence upon conviction. This would reduce promiscuity in guys cos no one would be willing to risk his life for a few minutes of pleasure.

Also there should be laws governing marriages that would make unfaithful partners risk jail term.

Once this measures can be put in place, I strongly believe that marriages would become as rosy as it was meant to be. And wouldn't be useless to both men and women.

141 Likes 12 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by filmoya: 12:12pm On May 06, 2022
Babies and Sex.
Men can Cook

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Kriss216: 12:12pm On May 06, 2022
Remove procreation, a woman is useless to a man.

52 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Ballzproblemm: 12:12pm On May 06, 2022
BabaIbo:

"Nothing" would have been better na, at least make e leave am as e take meet am.
But, honestly I have been thinking about it, it may even be beneficial to people around him but what about him?
Instead of adding, it sucks from him.
marriage now no they benefit man, plus to many rule favouring women are adding to the misery , more men are getting exposed , marriage now na thing of the past ,Elon musk get sense , your man use IVF ,born all e pikin, none of en wife go touch his wealth, highest ,he will find them small thing ,but not major chunk ,like bezos and bill, that's the route I am plying, as for loneliness, you will always be alone the sooner you come to accept this fact the better, I better be alone with my children,than be with a wife that will add nothing to my life, besides I have never fancied the idea of being with one woman

41 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by WiszyFraud: 12:12pm On May 06, 2022
undecided
Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by STEWpid(f): 12:12pm On May 06, 2022
To raise a modest and responsible Family, where both hands will unite in oneness to train their children and give them every best they can and to also fulfil their mutual live aspirations of love, care, and support.

I Support a Family of Husband and Wife, not single mums or dads, baby mamas or daddys.

Everyone you see in the society come from one family or the other. Hence, the criminal bandits & co are all products of their respective families.

Family is the bedrock of the society. Let's resuscitate it to the standard it should be, in accordance with our culture, and continue to advance it so that we stop churning out bandits, alumajeri, agberos (owo mi da), and ndi mpiawa azu, mkpurumiri & co.

But On a More Serious Note: The fine babe below needs a genuine virgin husband, God fearing, not more than 25 years, average height, and very handsome. shocked shocked

20 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Ebubu2: 12:12pm On May 06, 2022
Absolutely nothing

9 Likes

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Passionate888: 12:12pm On May 06, 2022
The future is always happy during the wedding ceremony

21 Likes

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by pappilo(m): 12:12pm On May 06, 2022
Bro whatever you do, do not, I repeat, do not get married! You will always regret it. I love my late dad, he was the best dad anyone could ask for but if I see him in the afterlife, I will ask him why he never told me the truth about marriage and advise me no to get married.

Love someone (with sense), have children, live together but never ever sign your life away. Finally do not let any woman you are with know everything about you.

The first thing that deteriorates after marriage is your sex life. I think its a psychological thing. Maybe the subconscious feeling that you've both got each other for 'life' messes with the brain.

I was married for 14 years. My ex-wife started a relationship with a work colleague and a month after using the police to kick me out of my house, the dude left his own family and moved into my house.

I was charged with several offences for an altercation I had with the guy when I caught him in my house. My ex-wife (we were still married at the time) the mother of my children came to the crown court to testify against me on his behalf. The jury saw through their lies and determination to send me to prison and acquited me on all charges (over 5)

Its been a few years but I still shudder at the thought that I believed so much in this woman and chose her over my own siblings.

Attached is msg I got from her this morning. This is despite her taking the house which I put
down 66% of the deposit. This woman earns almost double what I earn and I pay her over a quarter of my net earnings for child maintenance.

You'll probably still go ahead and get married but its almost guaranteed that one day in the future you will look back and wish you heeded the advice of many people who told you not to

84 Likes 15 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Kingcalls: 12:13pm On May 06, 2022
Women should be the ones on one knee begging men to marry them... marriage is the most expensive engagement for many man... cos he's expected to foot all bills...from wedding to house rent to transportation to feeding to hospital bills to school fees and clothing.... but still women will still have the audacity to insult and disrespect these men that are usually older than them... Still women are more celebrated than men

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by humnsikan: 12:13pm On May 06, 2022
''Now concerning the things whereof ye wrote unto me: It is good for a man not to touch a woman.
NEVERTHELESS, to avoid fornication, let every man have his own wife, and let every woman have her own husband
.'' 1Cor 7:1-3

'' I say therefore to the unmarried and widows, It is good for them if they abide even as I.
But if they cannot contain, let them marry: for it is better to marry than to burn.''
1 Corinthians 7:8-9

As you can see from the above verse of the scripture. It is good for a man not to touch a woman. By experience, you appear more focused on your ambitions, can think more clearly and can pursue your passions more aggressively. This seams to be one reason why most best graduating students are usually virgins or fellowship guys or people not given to much romance.

*However*, to avoid fornication (any sexual activity, including masturbation, outside marriage), you are adviced to marry. It appears that relieving sexual urge is a legimate reason to marry so don't let anyone guilt trip you by saying that you should not marry for sex. Sex is one of the most important reasons for marriage and should not be down played.

As a child of God, if you can stay celibate like Paul did, if you have the gift of celibacy, then no problem, you can stay single (marriage is not a ticket to heaven and some marriages may derail your heaven journey); otherwise, pls brother, go get married. You cannot eat your cake and have it. That pre- or extra- marital sex is cheap does not mean it's OK.

19 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by owiko(m): 12:14pm On May 06, 2022
Just hope you find a good partner. I believe that's the only way marriage can be beneficial

21 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Is The Benefit Of Marriage To A Man in this present time? by Righthussle: 12:14pm On May 06, 2022
BabaIbo:
Marriage they say is a beautiful thing but if you ask many men out there what marriage is to them or what marriage has brought to them or will they get married if they are given chances to rewind time, their responses will be in negative form or NO.

That same step(marriage) is the next step to be taken by me but I have one unanswered question. I am a young man in my 30s, currently free from any dating relationship and about to begin my search for a life partner, but I like being cleared/well-informed about something before going into it.

Pardon me for this long note I am about to dish out and the question I will be asking at the end.

For sometimes now, people around me have been telling me I am next in line to get married, some telling me to ensure I bring a responsible lady home and all that.
My mom do tell me she won't rush me to get married but as an observant person you will notice she really wants me to bring a woman(wife) home.

My dad told me sometimes ago that if I don't have a lady, that maybe they should search for a young good girl for me early next year.
My younger ones are expecting me to take that step so they can start planning on theirs and all that.

All these are for their own good or benefits, I am not saying they don't deserve it but I have been trying to get a tangible reason to get married i.e what is the SPECIAL thing(benefit) it will add to my life, I am the one getting married not them.
"Na me wan wear the shoe."

A bikeman, popularly known as Okadaman that do come to my place told me story about himself and big opportunities that marriage has made him miss.

In addition to his words and those I have heard from others, the fear of things going south, disappearance of peace of mind and all that are other factors.

Presumed(anticipated) benefits which are not as they are expected to be again are)

CHILDREN: Children can be gotten without marriage, for example: C. Ronaldo, Mikel, and others did that and they are doing well.

GOOD MEALS: Foods can be gotten from outside or prepared by the man or any other person that is not a wife for the man. Moreover, how many of them can cook well like our mothers? I'm a better cook than most ladies I have come across.

COMPANIONSHIP: That is an overstatement in our present society. It is even more noticeable in dating relationship than in some marriages these days.

SEX: That is the cheapest service/thing to get after air and water(clean water is even more expensive). Moreover many marriages are lacking sexually. It is worse if the man has high sex drive aka high libido.

SUPPORT: I don't want to go there because it is an open fact that instead of getting support, the man is being leached/milked of the one he has.

HOME: I can still remember how some married men will pack their cars at the junction, stay inside their cars for long before driving home, some go to the bar/relaxation centers to chill before going home, some don even like going home. You all know why?

With all these in mind, I want to ask this question that has been bothering me because I need to sort it before taking the step...

Now, my question is "WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF MARRIAGE TO A MAN IN THIS OUR TIME?"

PS: I used this image because what marriage did to the man in the picture is in the open

Who told you air is cheap? Pray not to be in a situation where you have to buy oxygen to survive. Air is cheap but not cheaper than sex. Marriage is outdated.

5 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (13) (Reply)

Wife Insisted I Greet Her After She Have Given Me Food / Reasons Why Your Husband Will Be Snatched By A Mistress- Dokun Olumofin / Spousal Abuse Against Men Rising In Lagos – UI Criminologist

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.