Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,115 members, 7,818,323 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 12:41 PM

After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job - Jobs/Vacancies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job (20184 Views)

MSc Holder Lost A Job Opportunity Because Of Abbreviations In His Application / How I Lost A Potential Job Because Of My Denomination / This Was How I Lost A Bank Job Opportunity Yesterday . I Hope It Helps Someone. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by Alawaxbimbex(f): 1:42pm On May 06, 2022
With the things I see and hear both in real life and online, I’m nervous about life after Nysc cuz I will be going for service soon...Let’s hear your experience guys....

28 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by iamyemiakins(m): 2:00pm On May 06, 2022
That's when you'll understand the reason your well wishers exclamated, "Favour market o!", when you were signing out in Uni, the way labour market humbles people without connection ehn...

I'm still in the system tho, I never serve yet. Before NYSC aftermath go humble person, make person find hin square root before NYSC. grin

108 Likes 5 Shares

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by Nobody: 3:13pm On May 06, 2022
Life out there after service is not easy, those with skills usually find it less tough because they can easily keep themselves busy and be working with there learned and acquired skills.....

Anyway people's destiny's differ, some are lucky to be retained in there places of primary assignment, while others are opportune to be well connected in the society.....

Above all opportunities will always abound, and as a graduate your ability to build yourself in skills, capacity and adapt to this opportunities can also open doors of employment for you. All the best of luck

72 Likes 4 Shares

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by dopedan(m): 3:14pm On May 06, 2022
Alawaxbimbex:
With the things I see and hear both in real life and online, I’m nervous about life after Nysc cuz I will be going for service soon...Let’s hear your experience guys....
Same with me, just hope for the best
As we no spoil person own make nobody spoil our own

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by Alawaxbimbex(f): 3:18pm On May 06, 2022
dopedan:

Same with me, just hope for the best
As we no spoil person own make nobody spoil our own
Amen o

3 Likes

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by jaszplus12(m): 4:45pm On May 06, 2022
Important thing is, now you know ahead what to expect. So begin now to acquire a skill and put it to use when you get there and that will help you a lot. Don't use the one year frolicking around with friends or babes. You will get free ladies who will offer free s. Ex and all... Be focussed look out for what little business you can take advantage of in your new locality and take advantage of it, let your mind remind your senses that life after service isn't easy and that will keep you busy.
Cheers and goodluck

25 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by talk2hb1(m): 7:01pm On May 06, 2022
Alawaxbimbex:
It's not as terrible as it sound, but the good news is that you create your own luck and opportunities while in service.
Problem
Number one problem that most graduate fear about post service year is the stoppage of the free money (Alawee) being paid monthly, which is very sweet. Which is very addictive like drug, so don't get carried away.
Solution
Start researching marketable skills you can acquire during your service year, or every alternative source of revenue (trade, business, skills, etc) learn it like say tomorrow Na today. Then start making money small as trial and error, make all the mistake you want to make then scale up after service year since you will have enough time then. If everything being equal, you might not need a job after all, since you are making more money than job could offer you.
Everything is easier said than done
Pikin Wey No Get Helper, Supposed Get Brain!

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by flokii: 7:22pm On May 06, 2022
Act your best in your PPA regardless of size.. if they don't retain you, some people might notice you and likely recommend you to top multinationals and from there, you'd be on your way up. NYSC is part of your work experience so don't joke with it.

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by JOACHINpedro: 7:52pm On May 06, 2022
I'm currently serving, omo na skills I dey equip myself with.
I got no time to save money yet, cus i had only little skill before starting.
I risked my allawee in food stuff and one skill. Will start saving small percentage of allawee in my 4th month(next month)
God bless you

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by phemmyfour: 7:20am On May 07, 2022
Alawaxbimbex:
That was the most challenging 10months of my life. I was desperate to take any job then. Thank God it didn't go beyond 10 months

8 Likes

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by Maj196(m): 7:44am On May 07, 2022
jaszplus12:
Important thing is, now you know ahead what to expect. So begin now to acquire a skill and put it to use when you get there and that will help you a lot. Don't use the one year frolicking around with friends or babes. You will get free ladies who will offer free s. Ex and all... Be focussed look out for what little business you can take advantage of in your new locality and take advantage of it, let your mind remind your senses that life after service isn't easy and that will keep you busy.
Cheers and goodluck
Oga na lady she be

1 Like

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by fikayormi(m): 8:17am On May 07, 2022
O boy no be small
Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by jaszplus12(m): 8:33am On May 07, 2022
Maj196:
Oga na lady she be
Oh la laaaaaaaa... Sorry o! Make you help me feminize the advice please and pass the message to her!! cheesy

1 Like

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by Alawaxbimbex(f): 9:29am On May 07, 2022
jaszplus12:

Oh la laaaaaaaa... Sorry o! Make you help me feminize the advice please and pass the message to her!! cheesy
I already feminized it grin

1 Like

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by tuoyoojo(m): 9:56am On May 07, 2022
Don't forget u will receive messages from scammers saying that they served with u in same platoon and they have job for u in oyel companies

I trust you know what to do

40 Likes 1 Share

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by jaszplus12(m): 2:51pm On May 07, 2022
Alawaxbimbex:
I already feminized it grin
Thank you and best wishes!
Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by PastorFire: 3:55pm On May 07, 2022
Lol
Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by nkemoma(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2022
Yeah,

Because of bad economy and leaders.
Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by Sniper101(m): 1:52pm On May 10, 2022
No be lie sha angry

6 Likes

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by eedimo(m): 1:53pm On May 10, 2022
lol
Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by Abaman001(m): 1:53pm On May 10, 2022
Since Nysc has lost it core mandate and values, let the federal government be deploying all corps members to the farms, enough of this manpower lost, we need more crops and boast our productivities in agricultural sector....

9 Likes

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by tiswell(m): 1:53pm On May 10, 2022
grin
welcome to the real world bro
Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by oyeb15: 1:53pm On May 10, 2022
Now-Your-Sapa-Commences

5 Likes

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by Winters23: 1:54pm On May 10, 2022
grin

when you fail to plan, you plan to fail
Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by Sultty(m): 1:54pm On May 10, 2022
sapa liked grin

1 Like

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by samonak(m): 1:54pm On May 10, 2022
My advice for you, is that during service try as much possible to save, no matter how little. if you're fortunate enough to find yourself in good PPA that pays something substantial, utilize their allowance for your daily expenditure, and then save de main NYSC allowee
( all of it) if it's not feasible, save a fraction of it. Eg, if NYSC allowee is 30k, save at least 10k every Mth, similarly,if the allowance for the PPA is say 40k , save at least 15k. By the time u add up the entire sum for your service year, you'll arrive at tidy sum that you can use to manage until u get a job or something doing.

5 Likes

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by paulolee(m): 1:54pm On May 10, 2022
so true, dts why i do pity those dt see NYSC as financial blessings..

2 Likes

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by inoki247: 1:55pm On May 10, 2022
lol na untop 33k u lose job abg u no want progress for ur life abi I no even understand.....

The Govt should kuku put am for Law mak people dey serve forever nd be enjoying the 33k since you no wan progress for ur life....

8 Likes

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by MANNABBQGRILLS: 1:55pm On May 10, 2022
True talk.
Our Darling Daddy run am within 1 year wetin the thieving and looting party no fit do for 16 years.

Children of hate, frustrations and perdition argue with your criminals.

God bless our darling Daddy President Muhammadu Buhari and his amiable Vice president Prof Yemi Osinbajo ...... our incoming Presido.

More to come from our amiable STARBOY AND ZULUM....come.2023.

We Rise.

4 Likes 6 Shares

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by Rebuke: 1:56pm On May 10, 2022
Because yhu never prepared yhurself ahaed

1 Like

Re: After Finishing Nysc, It Will Look As If You Lost A Job by SEGLIZ: 1:56pm On May 10, 2022
Gbamsolutely

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

It Will Cost Me At Least N80k/Month To Make A Trip To My Npower-Teach Community / Nigerian Airforce Recruitment Result Is Out! / How Persons Without Work Experience Can Boost Their Curriculum Vitae

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.