Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,046 members, 7,859,765 topics. Date: Thursday, 13 June 2024 at 06:17 PM

2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea - Sports (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea (8864 Views)

Women U20 World Cup: Nigeria 1 : 0 South Korea (Highlights) / Nigeria's Falconets Arrive Costa Rica For The 2022 FIFA Women U20 World Cup / Côte D'Ivoire AFCONQ2023: Nigeria Drawn in Group A (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by KangaIye: 6:44am On May 07, 2022
Let's hope we look for a way to overcome this German obstacle this time around.
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Freelancer2020(m): 6:54am On May 07, 2022
2 african teams, why?
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by osazsky(m): 6:57am On May 07, 2022
Wickedness...we nor go get one draw
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Killermamba: 7:00am On May 07, 2022
naptu2:
The draws for the 2022 FIFA Under 20 World Cup were held yesterday night and the Super Falconets of Nigeria were drawn in group C along with France, Canada and Korea. The tournament will be held in Costa Rica from the 10th till the 28th of August, 2022.

Nigeria's first match will be against France on August 11th, it's second match will be against Korea on August 14th and its final group match will be against Canada on August 17th.

The Super Falconets have gotten to the final of the competition on two occasions. In 2010 Nigeria lost 2-0 to Germany in the final via an Osinachi Ohale own goal and a goal from Alexandra Popp (this was the set of Desire Oparanozie, Ebere Orji and co). Nigeria again lost to Germany in the 2014 edition, via a lone goal by Lena Petermann (this was the set of Asisat Oshoala, Courtney Dike and co).

this is DOA.
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Kirkman: 7:01am On May 07, 2022
SmartPolician:
No amount of juju can make Ghana qualify in their group grin

BTW, Nigeria has done well in developing women's football, but a lot still needs to be done.
By grace they can scale through from their group stage matches. Their group isn't as difficult as ours. I wish they were in Group B so that I can laugh like this..

Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by naptu2: 7:08am On May 07, 2022
Do not write the Falconets off. We have qualified from similar groups in the past and we are two-time finalists.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Starzo: 7:18am On May 07, 2022
Dem don comot be dat
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Aystarz: 7:33am On May 07, 2022
naptu2:
Do not write the Falconets off. We have qualified from similar groups in the past and we are two-time finalists.

Two-time finalist at this stage but never a semi-finalist at the senior level tells us one thing :
Na age-cheating dey help us in all these cadet tourneys, male and female!
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by naptu2: 7:47am On May 07, 2022
Aystarz:

Two-time finalist at this stage but never a semi-finalist at the senior level tells us one thing :
Na age-cheating dey help us in all these cadet tourneys, male and female!

Not necessarily. The development of players is closer at cadet level, but the developed countries have better facilities and programmes to take the raw talent of the kids and convert them to world beaters, while our NFA/NFF always end up sabotaging our teams (for example, the England team slept in hyperbaric chambers ahead of South Africa 2010, while the Nigerian team had zero preparation for the altitude. Danny Shittu told the BBC that he almost died on the pitch because he had not air. How can the Nigerian team compete in such circumstance?).

There have been cases of age cheating by Nigerians in the past, but Nigerians overhype that issue and believe that every Nigerian player at cadet level is overage or that it is the main problem with our football. That is not true. There's is no way that the Falcons would have gone far at France 2019 with the kind of preparation that they had.

1 Like

Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Chris2chris: 7:48am On May 07, 2022
They will win France and Korea.
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by yusluvad(m): 7:54am On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:
What a tough group. Since our girls are better than the super eagles, I blv in them.
I also believe in them. But that group is hard to be... cool cool
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Holladayour117(m): 7:56am On May 07, 2022
Only 2 African countries?
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Aystarz: 8:10am On May 07, 2022
naptu2:

Not necessarily. The development of players is closer at cadet level, but the developed countries have better facilities and programmes to take the raw talent of the kids and convert them to world beaters, while our NFA/NFF always end up sabotaging our teams (for example, the England team slept in hyperbaric chambers ahead of South Africa 2010, while the Nigerian team had zero preparation for the altitude. Danny Shittu told the BBC that he almost died on the pitch because he had not air. How can the Nigerian team compete in such circumstance?).

There have been cases of age cheating by Nigerians in the past, but Nigerians overhype that issue and believe that every Nigerian player at cadet level is overage or that it is the main problem with our football. That is not true. There's is no way that the Falcons would have gone far at France 2019 with the kind of preparation that they had.

grin Even Coach Danjuma dares not vouch for these ladies' ages the way you just did.
Let me ask you naptu2, when you see Mercy Idoko, with all her years of experience playing local football in the South, do you see a 19-year old?
As I type, one can't even access some of these ladies' LinkedIn profiles.
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by naptu2: 8:14am On May 07, 2022
Aystarz:

grin Even Coach Danjuma dares not vouch for these ladies' ages the way you just did.
Let me ask you naptu2, when you see Mercy Idoko, with all her years of experience playing local football in the South, do you see a 19-year old?
As I type, one can't even access some of these ladies' LinkedIn profiles.

1) FIFA now conducts MRI scan on the players (they have been doing so for years). Anybody that passes the scan is of age to compete.

2) It's easy to assemble the players of the Falconets to play friendly matches and bond (because most of them are based in Nigeria). Do you think the Super Falcons can achieve anything when the NFF does not organise friendly matches or training camps for them in almost two years? How do you expect them to compete with teams that play regularly and understand themselves.

This issue of overage players is overrated and is not the problem

1 Like

Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by vickydevoka(m): 8:19am On May 07, 2022
Sucre6:
Oboi, France and Korea will be a very though call, and Canada will be a fair game. cool I wish them the very best though, football these days is very difficult to predict, anything can happen, 90minutes determines the game not just speculations
Canada is currently the toughest. They wen In pack players from their neighboring country USA
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Sucre6: 8:34am On May 07, 2022
vickydevoka:

Canada is currently the toughest. They wen In pack players from their neighboring country USA

I know bro, but our girls ain't a walkover at all, they are also a though call, that why the group is a though one because all the team's are in form
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Tannhauser(m): 8:53am On May 07, 2022
cheesy
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by ABANGWABOI(m): 8:59am On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:
What a tough group. Since our girls are better than the super eagles, I blv in them.

Shut up..
Even una great US female team was beaten black blue purple by under 15 college boys in USA..

This girls would be beaten by a JSS2 set boys of a community secondary school..

Ode.
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:03am On May 07, 2022
Since na Youth team.. No wahala..
If na Senior National team.. I for say make Dem no even honor the tournament..
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Nobody: 9:21am On May 07, 2022
ABANGWABOI:

Shut up..
Even una great US female team was beaten black blue purple by under 15 college boys in USA..

This girls would be beaten by a JSS2 set boys of a community secondary school..

Ode.
Oponu. Your types are like waste of semen.
You just started abusing me for no reason.
Wo bi o se n jato, ti o n pora mole to de nko imi je (See as your are dripping saliva, rolling on the floor & eating feaces). Bloody imbecil e.
You lack sense, you lack football history.
Who has won cups the most btw Falcons/Falconets and the Super Eagles?
Mumuman!
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Nobody: 9:22am On May 07, 2022
ABANGWABOI:
Since na Youth team.. No wahala..
If na Senior National team.. I for say make Dem no even honor the tournament..
Eleribu. Your brain dey enter accidental discharge. Dirty thing.
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Sleekfingers: 9:22am On May 07, 2022
It is finished. France and canada go beat the living daylight outta of them.... probably a draw with korea
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:24am On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:

My mother na Eleribu. Her brain dey enter accidental discharge. She is a Dirty thing.

Eyaah.. I'm so sorry for your mom..
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:24am On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:

Eleribu. Your brain dey enter accidental discharge. Dirty thing.

Lalasticlala
Seun
Farano
Rocktation
Justwise
OAM4J
Mynd44

Rule 2 viciously broken..
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:27am On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:

My mother na Oponu. Her types are like waste of semen.
She just started abusing me for no reason.
Wo bi o se n jato, ti o n pora mole to de nko imi je (See as she is dripping saliva, rolling on the floor & eating feaces). Bloody imbecil e.
She lack sense, she lack football history.
Mumuwoman!

So your mom is an slowpoke ??

Is that why you are behaving like one too.. ?? shocked shocked
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Nobody: 9:27am On May 07, 2022
ABANGWABOI:

So your mom is an slowpoke ??

Is that why you are behaving like one too.. ?? shocked shocked
You ll regret this game you are paying.
I ll ruin you. Be careful toyboy.
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:28am On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:

Oponu. Your types are like waste of semen.
You just started abusing me for no reason.
Wo bi o se n jato, ti o n pora mole to de nko imi je (See as your are dripping saliva, rolling on the floor & eating feaces). Bloody imbecil e.
You lack sense, you lack football history.
Mumuman!

Lalasticlala
Seun
Farano
Rocktation
Justwise
OAM4J
Mynd44

Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:31am On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:

You ll regret this game you are paying.
I ll ruin you. Be careful toyboy.

Same way you ruined your mom ??

I heard she is a ToyGirl.. is it true .??
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by Nobody: 9:32am On May 07, 2022
ABANGWABOI:

Lalasticlala
Seun
Farano
Rocktation
Justwise
OAM4J
Mynd44

Kindly quote Buhari in addition. Unfortunate imbecil e wey no get care.
Re: 2022 Women's U20 World Cup: Nigeria Drawn Against France, Canada & Korea by ABANGWABOI(m): 9:33am On May 07, 2022
Sweetplum:

Kindly quote Buhari in addition. Unfortunate imbecil e wey no get care.

Your MO m is an imbecil e
grin grin

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

AFCON Final: Cameroon Beat Egypt 2-1 To Win African Cup Of Nation / From Grass To Grace: N'golo Kante, Was A Ice-water Seller In Mali, But Today / Player Rating - Nigeria Vs Burkina Faso AFCON Final

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.