Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,770 members, 7,809,971 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:03 PM

4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant (3853 Views)

Pictures Of Christian Teenage Girls that were Abducted In The North / Nigerian Prostitute Found Dead In Scotland, While On A 2-Day Sex Tour (Pics) / Baby Found Alive In The Toilet [graphic Photo] (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by aloyemeka1: 2:51am On Jul 12, 2011
[size=14pt]Four teenage girls and a baby found dead in restaurant[/size]

Five girls were found dead this morning in Ikeja, Lagos State, Southwest Nigeria, after yesterday’s heavy rains forced them to sleep in a poorly ventilated room in their restaurant where they worked.

The corpses of the four teenage-girls and a baby-girl, aged between three months and 18 years, were discovered this morning inside the stuffy room on Allen Avenue in Ikeja.

[img]http://4.bp..com/-U5Cr_bfbqe4/ThtqxUE0DmI/AAAAAAAAE0E/_tuzx18Vo_8/s400/Flood-victims-4.jpg[/img]

Neighbours told P.M.NEWS that the girls may have died of suffocation overnight in the room where they sought refuge after rains wreacked havoc in Lagos yesterday.
Two other girls, who also slept in the same room, were still in critical condition at Bodet Hospital at Alausa in Ikeja, it was gathered. They were said to be responding to treatment.

The five corpses were brought to Area F Police Station in Ikeja early today in a commuter bus.
P.M.NEWS learnt that a mother and her three-month-old girl were among the dead.

The victims, it was gathered, were brought sometime ago from neighbouring Benin Republic to work in a restaurant in Lagos. The restaurant owner, who was at the police station this morning, disclosed that she had brought them from Benin Republic to train them.

The two other girls still battling for life at Bodet Hospital, our correspondent gathered, are Nigerians.
The woman, walling at the station, disclosed that she had asked the girls to cook outside their restaurant yesterday and stay in the restaurant until the rains stopped.

“My girls don’t usually sleep in the restaurant,” she said, “I did not know that they slept in the restaurant yesterday. I asked them to cook outside the restaurant when they phoned me and said that water had entered the restaurant.”

“This morning, as I kept calling them, nobody was picking. I was worried and someone picked the call and told me that my girls are dead. I rushed here to confirm it. I can’t believe what I am seeing,” she lamented.
A man, who claimed to be the brother of one of the dead girls, was weeping at the station this morning.
Neighbours and friends who besieged the police station this morning wept and expressed shock. The five corpses were later taken to the Lagos State University Hospital, LASUTH.

http://lindaikeji..com/2011/07/four-teenage-girls-and-baby-found-dead.html
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by dayokanu(m): 5:24am On Jul 12, 2011
Strange
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by Emmyk(m): 7:11am On Jul 12, 2011
omg
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by luluosas(m): 11:38am On Jul 12, 2011
This is strange. May God help us and may their souls rest in peace.
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by afrobaby(f): 2:40pm On Jul 12, 2011
May dia souls rest in perfect peace and may we never experience such tragedy in lagos, nigeria and every where again o
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by Otunbakay(m): 3:07pm On Jul 14, 2011
It's really a pity these young lads just lost their lives just like that, i'm still baffled as to d cause of death, because i wont accept the opinion that d place was poorly ventilated or stuffy, this is because d place is large and spacious and on a very cold or cool weather. I beg that a proper investigation should be done to acertain d true cause of death. May their soul fined comfort with the Lord.

1 Like

Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by kandiikane(m): 3:53pm On Jul 14, 2011
I think it could have been Carbon monoxide poisoning. .The police needs to investigate that restaurant.

1 Like

Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by pendo89(f): 7:31pm On Jul 14, 2011
Dear lord.

young lives, I suspect carbon-monoxide.

sad.
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by kandiikane(m): 9:56pm On Jul 14, 2011
^^You nor see ar write am? Abi, you go google fos wetin e mean en come say you suspect carbon monoxide?

lool grin
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by pendo89(f): 10:29pm On Jul 14, 2011
^^
Nope.It was the first thing in mind after reading the story.
why would anybody google about that if they studied biology or chemistry? those are basics.
evrybody i guess knws the harmful effects of coal/charcoal my grandma included.
Pliz dont laugh its very sad. sad
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by kandiikane(m): 12:24am On Jul 15, 2011
Ah, jare, I was only kidding na. .Jeez chill. .

Well, you might think that it is basics, but for some they don't even know what carbon monoxide is or its effects.
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by pendo89(f): 8:15am On Jul 15, 2011
^^

I thought u were angry tht I 'copied you'  undecided

In my country when the cold season sets in,they keep advertising on tv and radio warning pple not to leave charcoal burning in enclosed places.

Its the highest cause of death during chilly weather and a very silent killer.

Bt the postmortem will prove what went wrong.(my guess is, they lit fire, windows must have been closed ,then cooked.In the process of trying to keep warm they inhaled too much carbon monoxide which they mistook for sleep and dozed off to their deaths. sad sad

very sad.
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by kandiikane(m): 3:55pm On Jul 15, 2011
^^Or since it is a restaurant, there could have been a leakage of it from the Gas line.

But the picture looks like they are in a bus/gele gele
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by pendo89(f): 6:59pm On Jul 15, 2011
The five corpses were brought to Area F Police Station in Ikeja early today in a commuter bus.

Thats what I read up there.
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by kandiikane(m): 7:16pm On Jul 15, 2011
What?!? shocked And they left them lying like that? Look at the baby on the floor.
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by pendo89(f): 10:07am On Jul 16, 2011
shocked shocked shocked
I had not seen the baby!!
ah am not coming to this thread again.its making me sicker.
cheers.
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by ModeyRay: 10:13am On Jun 25, 2013
May God grant them eternal rest AMEN
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by Iamwrath: 5:28pm On Jun 14, 2017
That's not a room , they were probably killed, that pose indicates foul play for at least two of them
Re: 4 Teenage Girls And A Baby Found Dead In Restaurant by BuariCopyPaste: 6:00pm On Jun 14, 2017
Not ruling out ritualistic activities......
We know their antecedents.

(1) (Reply)

Man Dies After His Wife Slept With Another Man In Delta / Baby Used For Ritual In Festac (Pic) / Little Boy Caught Placing Nails Under The Four Wheels Of A Car (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.