Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,962 members, 7,817,821 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 08:27 PM

Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included (1714 Views)

How Can You Tell If A Car Has Overheated In The Past? / Car Suspension: 7 Indicators That Your Car Has Suspension Problems / Toyota’s New Self-driving Car Has Two Steering (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included by MaryJane24: 10:09am On May 07, 2022
Why was this car named Canguro? This is the 1964 Alfa Romeo Canguro concept car. Canguro is Italian for Kangaroo. Why? Why Kangaroo? I can't seem to find an answer. Do you know?

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included by pointblank247(m): 10:13am On May 07, 2022
It must be because of its speed
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included by illicit(m): 10:14am On May 07, 2022
Maybe the designer has not seen a kangaroo before undecided

1 Like

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included by MaryJane24: 10:24am On May 07, 2022
Makes sense.
pointblank247:
It must be because of its speed
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included by MaryJane24: 10:25am On May 07, 2022
grin grin
illicit:
Maybe the designer has not seen a kangaroo before undecided
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included by MaryJane24: 10:27am On May 07, 2022
That "speed" explanation is worth exploring especially because this car was crashed by a journalist that took it for a spin for a story. That's one of the main reasons the car never made it into production.
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included by Kirkman: 1:01pm On May 07, 2022
MaryJane24:
That "speed" explanation is worth exploring especially because this car was crashed by a journalist that took it for a spin for a story. That's one of the main reasons the car never made it into production.
Alfa Romeo and designing masterpieces of art called vehicles should be studied a a full course.
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included by MaryJane24: 1:29pm On May 07, 2022
I dey tell u, although most of the credit goes to the actual design firm for each vehicle. the automaker itself is essentially a fabrication or construction company. As for this concept car called Canguro, it was designed by a young talent called Giugiarro. He was working for Gruppo Bertone at that time. Bertone is responsible for most of the fantastic cars, ever, although the company went out of business in 2014.
Kirkman:

Alfa Romeo and designing masterpieces of art called vehicles should be studied a a full course.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included by Kirkman: 11:46pm On May 07, 2022
MaryJane24:
I dey tell u, although most of the credit goes to the actual design firm for each vehicle. the automaker itself is essentially a fabrication or construction company. As for this concept car called Canguro, it was designed by a young talent called Giugiarro. He was working for Gruppo Bertone at that time. Bertone is responsible for most of the fantastic cars, ever, although the company went out of business in 2014.
You do know your car stuff. Keep it up.
You are right. The actual credit goes to the designers themselves. The automakers just sign off on the designs.
Oh! Do watch this video and enjoy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ8xDia5RNY

1 Like

Re: Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included by MaryJane24: 3:48pm On May 20, 2022
Thanks for the compliment. I do my best. And thanks for the video. I watched it. Yeah, there's a difference between a work of art and a piece of art. The 8C definitely cuts it.
Kirkman:

You do know your car stuff. Keep it up.
You are right. The actual credit goes to the designers themselves. The automakers just sign off on the designs.
Oh! Do watch this video and enjoy..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aQ8xDia5RNY
Re: Who Can Tell Me Why This Car Has This Name? Picture Included by Kirkman: 3:57pm On May 20, 2022
MaryJane24:
Thanks for the compliment. I do my best. And thanks for the video. I watched it. Yeah, there's a difference between a work of art and a piece of art. The 8C definitely cuts it.
grin you are welcome.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Throwback Thursday - Do You Know This Car Was Assembled In Lagos, Nigeria? / Ondo Rally Car Race 2017 / 2019 Rolls-Royce Cullinan:13 Things You Should Know About Rolls-Royce Of SUVs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.