Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,407 members, 7,822,880 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 06:37 PM

What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) - Agriculture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Agriculture / What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) (45444 Views)

Help I Noticed This Beside Her Vagina (disturbing Pics) / What Could Be The Cause Of My Chicken's Death? / I Need Help For My Chicken (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by mummyxavier(f): 12:56am On May 10, 2022
Makschinchin:
Good evening all, as seen in the picture, what kind of ailment is this?... It has affected some of my birds for many days now despite the fact that I have given them med. And it is hindering the birds from eating well and also affected their sight... Any help or med that will be very effective please??

fowl pox. treatable. locally treated by rubbing locust bean on the birds. without salt preferably or use poxcure with oxytetracycline.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Tinu4real(f): 7:56am On May 10, 2022
Avian pox. Streptomycin powder works like magic.
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by 1875dori: 8:24am On May 10, 2022
[s]
post=112658987:
Separate the affected ones from the healthy ones quickly.
[/s]
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Makschinchin: 9:33pm On May 10, 2022
Thanks all for your input.. lots of differing opinions though...

UPDATE: The Chicken survived the sickness and is alive and healthy now smiley Could have sent pics, but it's night now, maybe some other time..
The only issue is that other birds are really picking on this particular bird, probably because it has been on isolation for too long, like weeks... The bird is so fearful and can't stand staying in the midst of others.. I'll just continue keeping it separate since others are always beating it
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Makschinchin: 10:21pm On Jul 05, 2022
I happy for the bird oooo
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by christistruth01: 11:34pm On Jul 05, 2022
Makschinchin:

Those are indeed the symptoms and one is dead already from this ailment.. Please, any effective med for it??

UPDATE : The Chicken survived the sickness and is alive and healthy now since first week of June smiley Just thought of updating you guys now.. Could have sent pics, but it's night now, maybe some other time..
The only issue is that other birds are really picking on this particular bird, probably because it has been on isolation for too long, like weeks... The bird is so fearful and can't stand staying in the midst of others.. I'll just continue keeping it separate since others are always beating it.

Thanks for all you shared... The method I mostly used was rubbing the affected areas with palm oil cool cool yes, palm oil and some antibiotics... Thank God it worked and the bird didn't die from the sickness even though we all at home gave up on the bird embarassed na original okuko igbo, onyili onwu grin grin grin

In Ibadan in those days they also rubbed Kerosene on it to dry it up

Dogoyaro leaves are also useful for rubbing on it and drinking with water for the Chicken
Re: What Kind Of Sickness Is This On My Chicken? (Disturbing Photo) by Akposkiz: 2:26am On Jul 06, 2022
Fowl pox

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

A Soft Bed: What My Wife And I Do When It Rains On The Farm (Video) / Pre-order Rain Guns+Spraytubes+Dripkits+Tip drinkers-Agritechnovate Solutions / Bush Meats From My Farms

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.