Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,408 members, 7,815,900 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:33 PM

What's The English Name Of This Fruit. - Food (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / What's The English Name Of This Fruit. (46072 Views)

What's The Name Of This Fruit In English And Your Native Language / What Is This Fruit Called In English? / What Is The English Name For "Kpomor"? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Ibrahimmrfish(m): 1:14pm On May 09, 2022
rattlesnake:
islamic fruit
Middle eastern fruit.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by illicit(m): 1:15pm On May 09, 2022
Kinzo0917:
. Na the hausa name be that na. Abi dabinu na English na?

Debenos na d English name
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Yuneehk(f): 1:18pm On May 09, 2022
[quote author=Nnannapat post=112660515][/quote]
I'm very well, thanks.

O te go kwa
Good to see you.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Tajbol4splend(m): 1:19pm On May 09, 2022
Bahamas95:
Date.

I don't like it, it's too sweet......I find it very difficult to swallow after chewing it.

It's the best after Moringa, I advise you to take it
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by AdeProgrammer(m): 1:19pm On May 09, 2022
BeardedmeatR:
Crayfish inside soya milk? This one strong.

You don't know what we eat here in the north.

We mixed guinea corn, soya beans, rice, groundnut, crayfish and ginger together and drink.

grin grin

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Yuneehk(f): 1:22pm On May 09, 2022
iampeterben:

A northern sister spotted here. Well done ma.
Nah, I'm actually not a northerner grin
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by IRALIFE(f): 1:22pm On May 09, 2022
Bahamas95:
I can't, don't like it at all. Am very selective when it comes to food.....I don't force myself to eat anything.

If I give you the list of foods I don't eat you'll be shocked......I gave mumsy problem back then. cheesy

Eeyah! I understand. Not everyone will like it. It would have been a healthier alternative though. Sometimes you eat some foods for the benefit it will give to your body, not necessarily the taste.
Mumsy go don hear am for your hand with food o. Wifey go take over later abi...lol.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by BeardedmeatR(m): 1:26pm On May 09, 2022
AdeProgrammer:

You don't know what we eat here in the north.

We mixed guinea corn, soya beans, rice, groundnut, crayfish and ginger together and drink.

grin grin
Adding a little brandy won't be a bad idea. grin
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by deavicky(m): 1:28pm On May 09, 2022
Bahamas95:
Date.

I don't like it, it's too sweet......I find it very difficult to swallow after chewing it.
who ask u if u like am. Please try and resist the urge to talking too much.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by cenaman(m): 1:30pm On May 09, 2022
Ubeh lipsrsealed embarassed embarassed
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Olam09(m): 1:31pm On May 09, 2022
Voldoz:
Please what's the name of this fruit or whatever it is, it tastes good though.

Na date, if e don dry na em dey make am loose color and get texture like this. They're mostly red color when fresh.

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by MrDoGood(m): 1:34pm On May 09, 2022
Yuneehk:
What the northerners call Dabino. It's called Dates in English. It's a natural sweetener, and very healthy as it's packed with nutrients. Some chew it like that, while it can also be used to sweeten drinks. I personally do not like eating it like that, but use it for Kunu Aya.

Hmmmmm

U Sabi work grin

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by casppyjay: 1:39pm On May 09, 2022
Bahamas95:
@ Casppyjay and Thomasankara

I know the benefits of dates "in za oza room" but I don't just like the taste. There're other fruits I enjoy eating that still give me same benefit so I don't miss it.
abeg which other fruits?lol

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by francium001: 1:41pm On May 09, 2022
martineverest:
no ...it will spoil your blender
thanks
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by BinamRex: 1:51pm On May 09, 2022
Bahamas95:
Date.

Do you chew it with the seed?
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by nijanigga: 1:51pm On May 09, 2022
Dates,they help prevent prostrate enlargement or prostrate cancer. And give energy, even djokovic, the tennis star eats it on his breaks
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Caseless: 1:59pm On May 09, 2022
unanonso:

I read somewhere that the fresh ones are not too sweet. It's just that they are not readily available here.
true. I've tasted that too.

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Mcphylls(m): 2:02pm On May 09, 2022
Date fruit
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Deepthoughts: 2:07pm On May 09, 2022
[quote author=Voldoz post=112644640]Please what's the name of this fruit or whatever it is, it tastes good though.[/quoteThis is date palm fruits,found mostly in Oasis of the desert n Sahel region in northern Nigeria and in the middle East,for men only, abstain from sex for two weeks,chew one date palm with one bitter cola in the morning and evening daily,take one hotaming ginseng capsule daily,eat good food do little exercise n rest well daily,after two weeks straf one better okpeke n see the results.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by ozo13(m): 2:11pm On May 09, 2022
RoyalBlu:
A combo of this with coconut and tigernuts is a total package of goodness smiley
i dont understand ma
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by babz11(m): 2:12pm On May 09, 2022
Kriss216:

I dey look you... Who taught you this combo?

Guys give me update now, shey na to blend am together or eat am?
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Yuneehk(f): 2:13pm On May 09, 2022
hilfinity:

Are you based in the North?
No, I'm not based in the North.

yinkeys:

What do northerners call Almond ?
Do they sell this anywhere
I heard blending dates & almonds is good substitute for milk, especially for people with health issues.
Never seen this anywhere before
I don't know what they call Almonds. You can ask them northerners sha.

Dates are a healthy substitute for people who are staying away from artificial sweeteners. For the combination of almonds and dates, you can Google it, check on YouTube and you'll find something. If you don't, try the combination and tell us how your experiment went.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by AdeProgrammer(m): 2:13pm On May 09, 2022
BeardedmeatR:
Adding a little brandy won't be a bad idea. grin

Maybe.
However, that's the mixture I used for turn brown.

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by drololaaof: 2:15pm On May 09, 2022
The fruit is alien to Nigeria hence we do not have yoruba name for it , it is of Saudi Arabia origin called date fruit and,debino in hausa
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by yinkeys(m): 2:15pm On May 09, 2022
Yuneehk:

No, I'm not based in the North.

I don't know what they call Almonds. You can ask them northerners sha.

Dates are a healthy substitute for people who are staying away from artificial sweeteners. For the combination of almonds and dates, you can Google it, check on YouTube and you'll find something. If you don't, try the combination and tell us how your experiment went.
Dates taste are like natural healthy chocolate to me.
No one knows what almonds are here.
I’ve been asking around, in addition to googling

1 Like

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Nnannapat(m): 2:19pm On May 09, 2022
Yuneehk:

I'm very well, thanks.

O te go kwa
Good to see you.
Me too, it's been a while. I lost your contact, please send a mail to me.
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Mariangeles(f): 2:21pm On May 09, 2022
BinamRex:

Do you chew it with the seed?

You want to break your teeth?
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Bahamas95(m): 2:24pm On May 09, 2022
deavicky:
who ask u if u like am. Please try and resist the urge to talking too much.
Who tell you to mention me? Please try and resist the urge of doing busy body.

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Bahamas95(m): 2:36pm On May 09, 2022
casppyjay:
abeg which other fruits?lol
Veggies/fruits like cucumber, watermelon, banana, avocado. There're many other natural enhancers out there, it's just for you to understand your system and know what works for you.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by Burgerlomo: 2:41pm On May 09, 2022
Voldoz:
Please what's the name of this fruit or whatever it is, it tastes good though.

Dates is good for manpower grin
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by iampeterben(m): 2:51pm On May 09, 2022
Yuneehk:

Nah, I'm actually not a northerner grin
Jesus! Jesus! Who slap me?? shocked shocked shocked
I am shocktalized!
Re: What's The English Name Of This Fruit. by blacq2009(m): 3:24pm On May 09, 2022
Date

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

22 Foods Nigerians Miss Most While Living Abroad / Do You Remeber This Drinks ? If Yes Which One Os Your Favorite? / Pictures Taken At Jollof Festival In Lagos

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.