Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,187 members, 7,822,007 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:06 AM

What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) (55190 Views)

Meron Benti: This 'White Woman' Is Actually An Ethiopian Albino / What's This On My Thighs & Under My Scrotum? Please Help (Viewers Discretion) / White Tongue After Unprotected Sex: Please Doctors In The House I Need Your Help (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 11:57am On May 09, 2022
i need any medication or any medical explanation to this white tongue, i don't wanna believe it oral thrush

i also noticed some pain in my muscles especially finger joints, but they are relieving me now

please help me,any medication or reason i have it

i have stop smoking some weeks ago but it still there every morning i wake up

insult and bashing it allowed by the way

5 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:03pm On May 09, 2022
It's normal to have a white coating or spots on your tongue for a few days to a few weeks...It's typically from a build up of bacteria and food debris...Good oral hygiene should address it...

If it's persistent then you may have an infection...You may have oral thrush...It's a fungal infection of your tongue and/or oral mucosae cause by Candida....

Thrush is very common in Cancer(guess you don't tho) grin and Undiagnosed diabetic patients..it can spread to other parts of your body and can be transmitted to others who have a weak immune system...you get?

You should see your physician if your symptoms don't resolve in a few days to a week... lastly should also try to find the underlying cause of the infection...
Understood?

67 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 12:06pm On May 09, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:
It's normal to have a white coating or spots on your tongue for a few days to a few weeks...It's typically from a build up of bacteria and food debris...Good oral hygiene should address it...

If it's persistent then you may have an infection...You may have oral thrush...It's a fungal infection of your tongue and/or oral mucosae cause by Candida....

Thrush is very common in Cancer and Undiagnosed diabetic patients..it can spread to other parts of your body and can be transmitted to others who have a weak immune system.

You should see your physician if your symptoms don't resolve in a few days to a week...You should also try to find the underlying cause of the infection...
Understood?

yes sure it being persistent these days, i do brush at least 2 times per day, but still do notice it every morning

i stopped smoking cos they said it caused it

i just don't want to believe it weak immune system caused by HIV, cos don't have other noticeable hiv symptoms embarassed

7 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Slynation(m): 12:07pm On May 09, 2022
I'm not in the medical line and don't know if white tongue has medical traces, but what I can guarantee you is lack of good hygiene, so many people brushed their teeths daily but not everyone brush their tongues... it's very important to properly brush your tongue everyday because it's the part that harbours and breeds bacterias that causes mouth odour...

You can apply salt to your paste, get a personal tea spoon, stand in the mirror and scrub your tongue very very well before proceeding to brushing your teeth and tongue, repeat process for a week and see the progress...

NB: it's advisable to change your tooth brush every 3months, but nobody will hold you responsible if you change it weekly/monthly...

51 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Lvgirl: 12:14pm On May 09, 2022
LIGHTHEARTED0:
i need any medication or any medical explanation to this white tongue, i don't wanna believe it oral thrush

i also noticed some pain in my muscles especially finger joints, but they are relieving me now

lalasticlala seun mynd44

Use sensodyne daily care ...with a very good (hard) brush
Also brush Ur tongue too.

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 12:14pm On May 09, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

This is thrush candidiasis, a very deadly viral infection gotten from MouthAction with animals.

RIP in advance bro
Help me tell Buhari that his impostor is fucking Aisha too much.

if that is what they do in ur family, I'm not sorry to tell u i don't indulge in such, thanks

55 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:14pm On May 09, 2022
LIGHTHEARTED0:

yes sure it being persistent these days, i do brush at least 2 times per day, but still do notice it every morning

i stopped smoking cos they said it caused it

i just don't want to believe it weak immune system caused by HIV, cos don't have other noticeable hiv symptoms embarassed
Try scraping it with a copper tongue scraper..you know what that is right?
You should at least brush 2wice in a day..

If the stain still persist then do see your physician..
Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 12:15pm On May 09, 2022
Lvgirl:

Use sensodyne daily care ...with a very good (hard) brush
Also brush Ur tongue too.

i need medicine not toothpaste na angry

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:15pm On May 09, 2022
LIGHTHEARTED0:

if that is what they do in ur family, I'm not sorry to tell u i don't indulge in such, thanks
Pls ignore that boy..he is a troll..
Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Jmichael1(m): 12:17pm On May 09, 2022
Hahahahaha u resemble dog ooh....

bt on a serious note,i guess u hv washed the wrong plate b4 eating the main food...

if u don't get it,4get abt it......

20 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 12:22pm On May 09, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Try scraping it with a copper tongue scraper..you know what that is right?
You should at least brush 2wice in a day..

If the stain still persist then do see your physician..

Thanks much
Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by FERNANDEZISBACK: 12:22pm On May 09, 2022
LIGHTHEARTED0:

Thanks much
Pls ignore the trolls..ignore em..

2 Likes

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Jmichael1(m): 12:24pm On May 09, 2022
DoggoneDogg:
[s][/s]

This is thrush candidiasis, a very deadly viral infection gotten from MouthAction with animals.

u mean say the op dey watch animal plate?

abeg let me understand....

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Lvgirl: 1:13pm On May 09, 2022
LIGHTHEARTED0:

i need medicine not toothpaste na angry

In addition to med bro kindly use stick to my advise
When such happen to me I used Ogun efu
Together with pako aayan

8 Likes

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by iRepNaija1: 2:36pm On May 09, 2022
You need a tongue scraper. This is normal. Each night when a person goes to sleep (and throughout the day honestly), the saliva in their mouth dries up and coats the tongue because we stay asleep for an average of 6 to 8 hours a night (or close our mouths for long periods of time).

When you brush your teeth (which should be twice a day), use a tongue scraper or tongue brush (not the same as a regular toothbrush) and you'll see the difference in your oral care. You'll have minimal to no mouth odor. When you clean your tongue, make sure to really clean the back as well. I can see yellow there and that indicates a staleness (from really old, dry saliva) and bad breath. Good luck.

3 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by handsomeyinka(m): 8:29pm On May 09, 2022
Just brush your mouth with some good mouth wash..

U should be good.
Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Cmanforall: 8:29pm On May 09, 2022
Visit a clinic

The guy even after viewer's discretion cheesy

Why?

1 Like

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Iliveforever(m): 8:30pm On May 09, 2022
Dehydration
Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Ebuka78: 8:30pm On May 09, 2022
That is a sign of disease. Who did you have sex with last?

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Anticrime77: 8:30pm On May 09, 2022
Scam alert
Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by JoyousFurnitire(m): 8:31pm On May 09, 2022
Goan brush your tongue undecided

Or go for medical checkup since you had pain around your nails

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Iliveforever(m): 8:31pm On May 09, 2022
Say the babe go fuvk dog, oga go give babe head grin grin

Jmichael1:

u mean say the op dey watch animal plate?

abeg let me understand....

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by InvertedHammer: 8:31pm On May 09, 2022
LIGHTHEARTED0:

/

Stop putting your tongue at the wrong place.

/

2 Likes

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Killermamba: 8:31pm On May 09, 2022
LIGHTHEARTED0:

test for HIV

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 09, 2022
Wait
Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Nobody: 8:32pm On May 09, 2022
snooop dog
Jmichael1:
Hahahahaha u resemble dog ooh....

bt on a serious note,i guess u hv washed the wrong plate b4 eating the main food...

if u don't get it,4get abt it......
Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by frankIzuchukwu(m): 8:32pm On May 09, 2022
Yeast infection
Candida albcan

2 Likes

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by int0x80(m): 8:32pm On May 09, 2022
You need to brush your tongue young man! You dey kiss women so.
Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Dialpad: 8:33pm On May 09, 2022
Go for HIV test, that's one of the symptoms

8 Likes

Re: What Could Have Caused This White Tongue? (Viewers Discretion) by Ucloaded01: 8:33pm On May 09, 2022
LIGHTHEARTED0:
i don't wanna believe it oral thrush

It's oral thrush probably. See a pharmacist or go to hospital.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

OHAI Africa: John Brought Change To His Mother / Family Burnt After Using Phone Near A Gas Cylinder At Their Home In Lagos.Photos / Lady Invites Nigerian To Her Burial Over Lack Of Funds To Treat Herself (Photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.