Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,237 members, 7,815,320 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:43 AM

My Father's House Revenue - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / My Father's House Revenue (680 Views)

Nobody Can Hang My Father – Rev King’s Godson / Fr. Mbaka Lays Foundation For New Father's House / If My Father Is Not Healed Before This Year Ends, Then God Exist Not (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Father's House Revenue by kokoye(m): 3:18pm On Jul 12, 2011
During the sermon, we always hears the phrases:

This is your father's house . . . you are building your father's house . . kingdom business . . you are investing in your heavenly father's business . . etc.

But in today's pentecostal churches, after sowing seeds, giving tithes, offerings and pledges, we never hear of how much money was made by 'our father's house'.  I would think that you deserve to know the revenue or returns on your investment in your father's business. . .right?

Am I missing something?
Re: My Father's House Revenue by obowunmi(m): 4:14pm On Jul 12, 2011
The day you know the full details of church financials is the day you will stop giving to "your father's house"

I thought the bible said that this so-called house is not an earthly one. lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: My Father's House Revenue by kokoye(m): 4:27pm On Jul 12, 2011
^^^

Yea, but the pastors are clearing referring to the physical buliding and it's leaders . . or am I wrong?
Re: My Father's House Revenue by kokoye(m): 5:45pm On Jul 12, 2011
The suprising thing is that these churches announce the proceeds when they are small or just starting. But when the big money starts rolling in, it becomes non of our business despite the church being 'our father's house'.
Re: My Father's House Revenue by KunleOshob(m): 6:47pm On Jul 12, 2011
LWKMD
Maybe our resident pastor on nairaland pastor joagbaje can shed more light on why 'our father's house' revenue is a top secret.
Re: My Father's House Revenue by kokoye(m): 3:19pm On Jul 13, 2011
I remember this was never an issue with orthodox churches. . .but maybe it is ok now that we have prosperity sermons all over.

God has not changed.
Re: My Father's House Revenue by Nobody: 2:53pm On Jul 14, 2011
god has not changed, but his representatives have changed, seeking for change from everyone for miracles, breakthroughs, freedom from curses,
Re: My Father's House Revenue by dare2think: 5:00pm On Jul 14, 2011
^^^^
his representatives??

Or his self-acclaimed reps?
Re: My Father's House Revenue by tpia5: 5:20pm On Jul 14, 2011
not sure what kind of fake churches you people go to, but any established church has different boards and committees overseeing various departments, including accounting and finance.

if the ten naira you gave is giving you sleepless nights because you dont know what they did with the money, then dont give or did someone put their hand in your pocketbook and take it out.

what you dont give to God you'll give to someone else anyway, so whose problem is it exactly besides yours.

if you feel your pastor has an extravagant lifestyle then table it wherever you like but why the unnecessary whining over minor things.
Re: My Father's House Revenue by tpia5: 4:55pm On Jul 18, 2011
o ga o!!!!!!!

witchcraft in the church.
Re: My Father's House Revenue by tpia5: 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
tpia@:

not sure what kind of fake churches you people go to, but any established church has different boards and committees overseeing various departments, including accounting and finance.

if the ten naira you gave is giving you sleepless nights because you dont know what they did with the money, then dont give or did someone put their hand in your pocketbook and take it out.

what you dont give to God you'll give to someone else anyway, so whose problem is it exactly besides yours.

if you feel your pastor has an extravagant lifestyle then table it wherever you like but why the unnecessary whining over minor things.
Re: My Father's House Revenue by tpia5: 4:56pm On Jul 18, 2011
May God punish forgive every evil mouth seeking to incite discord and strife.

(1) (Reply)

Am In Hell / To Love People Is Debt Owed / The Word For Today

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.