Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,801 members, 7,817,316 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 10:04 AM

Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite (863 Views)

Niger Military To Prosecute Mohamed Bazoum For ‘High Treason’ As Sanctions Bite / Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite / Mark Esper To Resign As Trump's Defense Secretary (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by KillerCrocodile: 3:07am On May 11, 2022
Four Russian regional governors resigned on Tuesday as the country braces for the impact of economic sanctions.

The heads of the Tomsk, Saratov, Kirov and Mari El regions announced their immediate departures from office, while the head of Ryazan region said he would not run for another term.

Elections are scheduled to take place in all five regions in September.

Though Russian regional governors are elected, they are politically subordinate to the Kremlin. Several of the outgoing governors represent regions where the ruling bloc United Russia took weak vote shares in parliamentary elections last year.

Unpopular governors are regularly removed from office, often submitting their resignations in clusters in the spring months.

Ilya Grashchenkov, head of the Centre for the Development of Regional Politics think tank in Moscow, said the Kremlin was removing weak governors amid a worsening economic outlook for the country, driven by Western sanctions.

Grashchenkov said: “There’s a need to restructure the economy, especially in those regions where Western economic influence had been significant. These governors need to be replaced by younger alternatives.”

The Russian economy is set to contract by 8.8% in 2022, the economy ministry has said.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.indiatoday.in/amp/world/russia-ukraine-war/story/russian-governors-resign-amidst-sanctions-imposed-on-country-1947904-2022-05-11

1 Like

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Kingsnairaland(m): 3:14am On May 11, 2022
Sweet lies.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by God1000(m): 3:21am On May 11, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
Sweet lies.
Putin will be left standing alone in coming days

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by FERNANDEZISBACK: 3:22am On May 11, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
Sweet lies.
Baby boy don't cry..I know it hurts to see Putin being brutalized.. grin
https://www.thestar.com.my/news/world/2022/05/11/four-russian-governors-resign-as-sanctions-bite

Cry the more..we love your tears..

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by chukwuibuipob: 3:23am On May 11, 2022
cool The dumb,slow online Putin's slaves go see how Ukraine go humiliate Putin.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Hezzyluv: 3:27am On May 11, 2022
Lol...
This war reminds me of Goliath story. How him dey threatening Israel wotoowoto.
l don talked am before and I go talk am again.
Putin invasion of Ukraine naver turned out the way he (Putin) had envisaged it. Prior to the war, Putin and some of his nairaland entourages thought Ukraine will be smoked out within a jiffy. They were thinking in 2weekz, the land of Ukraine will be desolate. But na the third months we don enter dey go so, Ukraine still dey exist.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by lecowas: 4:27am On May 11, 2022
Lol
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Saxxon(m): 4:48am On May 11, 2022
Hezzyluv:
Lol...
This war reminds me of Goliath story. How him dey threatening Israel wotoowoto.
l don talked am before and I go talk am again.
Putin invasion of Ukraine naver turned out the way he (Putin) had envisaged it. Prior to the war, Putin and some of his nairaland entourages thought Ukraine will be smoked out within a jiffy. They were thinking in 2weekz, the land of Ukraine will be desolate. But na the third months we don enter dey go so, Ukraine still dey exist.

Two weeks? Most of them said that Ukraine will be done by the weekend, a war that started on a Wednesday. That means they gave Ukraine just 2 days grin grin

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Onyiiobi7735(m): 5:43am On May 11, 2022
grin grin I thought Russia was forming tough and defiant. More effects and severe ones O the sanctions are on the way,to shake Russia.
This is just the beginning.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 6:16am On May 11, 2022
Saxxon:

Two weeks? Most of them said that Ukraine will be done by the weekend, a war that started on a Wednesday. That means they gave Ukraine just 2 days grin grin

The plans changed as the discover more military support in Ukraine, they are no longer in a hurry and will fully demilitarise the place.
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:39am On May 11, 2022
olas24u:

The plans changed as the discover more military support in Ukraine, they are no longer in a hurry and will fully demilitarise the place.
You make no sense.. jeez..did you think before typing this? grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 6:45am On May 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

You make no sense.. jeez..did you think before typing this? grin
Yes, they have conquered every strategic places already and now taking their time. The plan and strategy implementation changes in operations.
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by FERNANDEZISBACK: 6:46am On May 11, 2022
olas24u:

Yes, they have conquered every strategic places already and not taking their time. The plan and strategy implementation changes in operations
Yeah In your country.. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 6:51am On May 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

I know you, you can never accept the truth Ukraine is now land locked, donbass cleared ready for the advancement in oddessa.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 6:57am On May 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

By now you should know their is a correlation between the staying in the war for a longtime and European economies, that badly need the war to stop because of rising inflation. All are related and called strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 7:08am On May 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Reality on ground is even shocking to Nato, the only war, they have won is propaganda war. That one, they have won. But the real war, forget. Russia as taken all the seas now called five seas strategy.

2 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:09am On May 11, 2022
olas24u:

By now you should know their is a correlation between the staying in the war for a longtime and European economies, that badly need the war to stop because of rising inflation. All are related and called strategy.
Ok..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:10am On May 11, 2022
olas24u:

Reality on ground is even shocking to Nato, the only war, they have won is propaganda war. That one, they have won. But the real war, forget. Russia as taken all the seas now called five seas strategy.
Why do you love quoting me thrice or twice..is that some sort of desperation..or what?
undecided

Sus AF.. undecided

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 7:14am On May 11, 2022
[quote author=FERNANDEZISBACK post=112716645]
Why do you love quoting me thrice or twice..is that some sort of desperation..or what?
undecided

Sus AF.. undecided[/
Desperation on what? Are you so important? Am not desperate, but looking forward to a multipolar world in which Africa can also emerge as global powers, without interference from global powers. That's my own motivation. The new financial system being planned by China, Russia and the rest and how it will affect Africans.

1 Like

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by FERNANDEZISBACK: 7:15am On May 11, 2022
[quote author=olas24u post=112716758][/quote]
Keep waiting for China and Russia world changing collaboration.. grin
Welcome to Dreamland.. wink

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 7:26am On May 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

It's becoming a reality and this is the last stage of events, isolation of Russia, and sanctions, will force them to seek alternatives financial system, and Russia will make new friends in Africa, just like they already have central African Republic, now stable and away from the control of the French, Mali, bukina Faso, Sudan, libya etc. We should by now have had a common currency in West Africa, the eco, but the French prevented it from happening. The next attempt will make it happen, common African passport, common currency, open borders, trading among ourselves and easy travel will build a strong Africa.

2 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 7:34am On May 11, 2022
FERNANDEZISBACK:

Do you know what Africa will be like if the currencies are backed by the resources we have underground. The african countries need to study the central bank governor of Russia, who made policies that increased the value of the Russian currency using Russian gas. Africa is also a global power with those kinds of policies.

1 Like

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by jimetagambo: 7:41am On May 11, 2022
olas24u:

The only shocking thing is how Russia has failed to take over Ukraine within a week despite the suprise invasion on Ukraine.
Now that the developed world saw that NATO fought back, then the support came pouring in grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by jimetagambo: 7:42am On May 11, 2022
olas24u:

Do you know what Africa will be like if the currencies are backed by the resources we have underground. The african countries need to study the central bank governor of Russia, who made policies that increased the value of the Russian currency using Russian gas. Africa is also a global power with those kinds of policies.
China already owns most of Africa. Alot of African countries are now highly indebted and enslaved to China.
All thanks to the corrupt and visionless African leaders

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 7:48am On May 11, 2022
jimetagambo:

The only shocking thing is how Russia has failed to take over Ukraine within a week despite the suprise invasion on Ukraine.
Now that the developed world saw that NATO fought back, then the support came pouring in grin

Because they never new Russia, s economy was powerful, and they calculated wrongly using exchange rate instead of ppp. So they now have to go and re calculate that russis is indeed the 6 th largest economy and the sanctions affects everybody. So Russia will delay the war so that the sanctions make an impact on both ways. Gas prices will go up the roof and winter will come after few months. Everything is strategy economic and military strategy. You are writing like its a James bond movie. It's more than that. They are already taken all the strategic places. Just doing cleaning of militants. They don't need Kiev, because you cannot force a leader on them. It will lead to more instability.

3 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by jimetagambo: 7:54am On May 11, 2022
olas24u:

Because they never new Russia, s economy was powerful, and they calculated wrongly using exchange rate instead of ppp. So they now have to go and re calculate that russis is indeed the 6 th largest economy and the sanctions affects everybody. So Russia will delay the war so that the sanctions make an impact on both ways. Gas prices will go up the roof and winter will come after few months. Everything is strategy economic and military strategy. You are writing like its a James bond movie. It's more than that. They are already taken all the strategic places. Just doing cleaning of militants. They don't need Kiev, because you cannot force a leader on them. It will lead to more instability.
Thanks for confirming that Putin and his advisors are very dull. They dont need Kiev but wasted time, lifes, soldiers, equipment, money e.t.c trying to take the city.

They ran away from Kiev with their tails tucked in between their legs grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 7:57am On May 11, 2022
jimetagambo:

Thanks for confirming that Putin and his advisors are very dull. They dont need Kiev but wasted time, lifes, soldiers, equipment, money e.t.c trying to take the city.

They ran away from Kiev with their tails tucked in between their legs grin

That was for negotiation, they withdrew because they wanted to discuss, you must be joking. Ukraine is no match forget the propaganda

2 Likes

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by jimetagambo: 8:00am On May 11, 2022
olas24u:

That was for negotiation, they withdrew because they wanted to discuss, you must be joking. Ukraine is no match forget the propaganda
They should go back na since negotiation has failed.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by jimetagambo: 8:02am On May 11, 2022
The 40 billion dollars aid the USA is dashing Ukraine is almost as much as Russia's military budget for 2021. Russia was making so much money in 2021 from oil and gas. The budget for 2022 is likely going to be lower as their buyers are pulling out due to Sanctions.

US on the other hand is spending close to 800 billion on it's military this year. More than 11 times of Russia's budget in 2021.

EU and NATO are arming more than ever. Sweden and Norway are going to submit application to join NATO.

Russia has so far not gained anything from this war.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by olas24u(f): 8:03am On May 11, 2022
jimetagambo:

They should go back na since negotiation has failed.

Ukrainian, s have been told not come to the round table, so they strategic places are already Russian lakes now, the rest of the country is snow, nothing there, they are not strategic.
Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by Holav(m): 8:35am On May 11, 2022
This ukraine-russia i have being following dis Hrn media news is propaganda and only Russia side news is genuine d day I notice dat putin fan boys don't have sense is dat western media dey claim is propaganda,then let d western media just headline dat Russia is making some progress in some part of d war they will believe it fast and be happy let reverse b d case dat ukraine is making good lead in d war they will claim it propaganda is dat not dumb especially nairaland and again they claim all British media is all about propaganda then d British media made a post about hunter Biden and a news about accused made by Russia dat USA have biolab in Ukraine omoh I was shock all putin fans boys quickly belive d news here all nairaland and they have already said all news reports by British media is propaganda and dat was still accusation. D day I give up on putin fan boys is d on Aljazeara post,when aljazeara post about Russia making good lead in d war they will b happy in d comment section and most people know dat Aljazeara will b reporting more Russia than Ukraine cause of d west then Aljazeara made a post about Ukraine making a good lead in some part of d war then in d comment section see most of dem trashing Aljazeara that Aljazeara has join western media that Aljazeara must not be reporting any Ukraine successful news na on dat day I know sey putin fan boys no get sense.come 2 putin fan boys on nairaland 2 I dey read comment they will b saying Ukraine is winning on social media dat in reality Russia is winning i wan ask question let's assume Ukraine is not making good lead in d war but saying Russia is winning in reality hw u take know u go 2 Ukraine go confam abi no b d same social media u take know sey Russia is winning no b stupidity b dat.lets all assume d west is lying saying Russia is saying d truth then u are mad firstly b4 d invasion d west u proclaim dat they are lying said dat Russia wil invade ukraine here on nairaland all putin fan boys saying d west is pushing 4 war dat Russia is not invading ukraine dat they are propagandist,there warrior putin denied d fact dat is not invading ukraine then what happen now,who is now lying between d 2 now b4 d invasion,Back 2 d media reporting dis war BBC,CNN,and other western media will all know dat they will b reporting more ukraine than Russia, then 2 d other side Rt news ,Chinese media and India news outlets will b reporting more Russia dan ukraine due 2 there take on Russia.Then back 2 nairaland u will b arguing with someone dat is brainwashed with western media news then proclaim your argument with fact u will b bringing Russia side news or Chinese,India news shey no b everybody know sey there news will counter each other and again if they are not using any Russia media outlets they will bring link of any western media 2 counter no b stupidity b dat western media u claim dat is propaganda.My take here is dat make putin fan boys no dey shout propaganda again bcus Russia 2 is a propaganda country dat thing baffle me dat all news must suit yr narrative dat Russia must win dis war I notice again must people supporting Russia is bcus dey dislike d west we all know d west are bad but assuming Russia is good I cant agree with u,if any Russia media made a news about I can't believe it,I will tamed it propaganda cause u assume d western media are propaganda news 2.i swear putin fan boys here on nairaland dey annoy me any news about Russia they don't care whether na fake news or not they will b jubilating on comment section let reverse b d case dat dey report about ukraine they will b fast shouting na lie or propaganda. Western media or Russia media,Chinese media will know there take on dis war b4 any truth will prevail it will going 2 be when d war is coming 2 an end then we will know who actually won d war but 4 now make everybody dey support who dey wan support without someone stupid will b saying na propaganda u dey read wetin u dey read, Na Reuters media I still notice small that try 2 balance there news small.Make putin fan boys try 2 get sense abeg

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Four Russian Governors Resign As Sanctions Bite by VictorUSA(m): 9:04am On May 11, 2022
I thought some gullible people said sanctions don't work on Russia, instead it boosts its economic and military power? What has just happened? Regional Governors resigning in the face of sanctions that don't have impact on their economy? Wait for putin urchins to prove that this is a cheap propaganda.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

John Edwards Caught With His Babymama / Faux News Identified Mark Sanford As A Democrat! / Black Man With Guns At An Obama Function! What's This About?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.