Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,873 members, 7,828,111 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:05 AM

Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police (29676 Views)

Ataga Murder: Chidinma Left A Night Before Victim’s Corpse Was Found — Security / Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Ojukwu Lied To Hide Her Identity - Witness Tells Court / Micheal Usifo Ataga's Murder: Lekki Airbnb Owner In Custody, Suspect At Large (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by Islie: 8:10am On May 11, 2022
She confessed that she stabbed him severally without counting and the deceased eventually fell to the floor in the room."

A police officer, Olusegun Bamidele, serving with the homicide department of the State Criminal Investigation Department (SCID) Yaba, has told the court how investigations revealed where the late Usifo Ataga and Chidinma Ojukwu might have met before arriving at the crime scene.

The police officer testified on Tuesday in the murder case of the Chief Executive Officer of Super TV, Mr Ataga, at a High Court at the Tafawa Balewa Square in Lagos.

“While I was investigating into the background, I and a friend of the deceased went to Angel Villa Hotel in Lekki,” said Mr Bamidele.

“The owner of the hotel was approached and the story was related to him. Luckily the hotel had CCTV which revealed the presence of the deceased and Chidinma at the hotel.

“After we tracked her to her home in Alagomeji (Yaba) and brought her to the DCP’s office, she was asked about her relationship with the deceased. She denied it initially and this prompted us to deploy the CCTV. She then agreed that she is the Chidinma Adaora Ojukwu we were looking for”.

“We then took her in the company of her foster father, one Onoh Ojukwu, back to the house in Alagomeji where we initially arrested her. We conducted a search of the house in their presence”.

According to the officer, the search yielded a maroon-coloured cloth that Ms Ojukwu wore on the day Mr Ataga was murdered.

“The cloth was stained with blood. Then Onoh Ojukwu shouted: ‘Chidinma, you have killed me, you have done something wrong outside.’

“Chidinma was also crying. We also recovered the black/blue long sleeves gown she wore when she left the apartment in Lekki. This further established that she has something to do with the deceased,” he said.

“We recovered Access bank statements of the deceased, we recovered UBA bank statements with the name Mary Johnson, an ID card with Chidinma’s picture but which carried the name, Mary Johnson. An international passport with her picture, a Uniport certificate with Chidinma’s name boldly written on it, her phone, and some other documents I can’t recollect. We then went back to the office.”

He said at the office, he provided Ms Ojukwu with some food, malt drink, and water. She ate it, after which he started to question her and record her statement.

Mr Bamidele said that Ms Ojukwu said that the deceased was introduced to her by a friend at a hangout on Victoria Island and they developed a sexual relationship afterwards.

“I remember she mentioned a date, 12th June 2021. She received a call from the deceased that they needed to see and go out. Based on the request, she sourced for the apartment,” the officer said.

“She confessed that shortly after she arrived at the apartment, on the 13th, the deceased drove in, in his Range Rover. On his arrival, she said they were both hungry and drove out to eat and returned to the apartment, watched a film, and conversed leading up to sex. They also engaged in smoking Loud. On the 14th, they did the same thing.

“She said she initially came in with the Loud smoke. That’s the name she called it. After they finished it, they needed more. She recollected that she made a call to the second defendant, Quadri (Adedapo) who helped her source for the Loud and another drug called Rohypnol. She also mentioned that the items were brought in through a dispatch rider to the apartment.”

According to the police officer, the suspect described Mr Adedapo as her drug supplier.

“The IPO asked her the potency of the drugs. She responded that a tablet is enough to knock out whoever uses it while Loud is a cigarette light smoke,” he added.

Murder

Mr Bamidele said the event leading to the murder occurred when the deceased asked for more sex.

“She said she pushed him away, which resulted in him knocking her head against a stool that had a glass,” he said.

“Having sustained injury on the head and knees, there was a struggle between them and she said she managed to lay hands on a kitchen knife with which she stabbed the deceased on the neck twice. She confessed that she stabbed him severally without counting and the deceased eventually fell to the floor in the room.”

The police officer also narrated to the court how Ms Ojukwu met the second defendant, Mr Quadri.

“When we interacted with the first defendant, she mentioned the second defendant, Quadri, and how they met,” he said.

“On the premise of this, we searched the call logs of the 1st defendant since she said she doesn’t know his house or address. The call log showed regular calls between both of them.

He said they traced and arrested the second defendant in Surulere.

“During their interactions, he agreed to the request of Chidinma to assist her with preparing certain documents. The documents he assisted her to procure are a driver’s licence, an identity card, a UBA statement of accounts, an Access bank statement of accounts, and a passport.

“The UBA statement of account carried the name Mary Johnson while the Access bank statement had Michael Usifo Ataga’s name on it.

“The driver’s license has the picture of the first defendant on it with the name, Mary Johnson.” said the witness.

The prosecution lawyer told the court that it wants to make sure the officer gives evidence on all he knows about the case after which they will watch all the CD’s gathered as evidence.

The judge adjourned further proceedings till Thursday.

https://www.premiumtimesng.com/regional/ssouth-west/528936-super-tv-ceos-murder-how-prime-suspect-chidinma-fatally-stabbed-deceased.html

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by Tonypens48(m): 8:11am On May 11, 2022
Of course I bleeped up...who never Bleep up hands in the hair...no hands!! See I can't believe, yunno what I mean, I was young what do you expect from me, it is what it is undecided lipsrsealed grin

Remember you know a killer, lady named chidinma...far away on detention.... grin

Let justice be served to act as a deterrence to any future occurrence. Na here feminism dae sweet.

Kindly check my signature

26 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by Malori: 8:14am On May 11, 2022
So they haven't hanged this bitch?

65 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:17am On May 11, 2022
Well..it's self defense of course..she defended herself by stabbing him to death..you don't try to forcefully rape a lady... she was probably exhausted from the previous round..

Why hit her head with a glass?the man probably had evil intention against her..to the extent of struggling with her all cos she didn't satisfy your sexual urge..so evil..

Glad she defended herself..the judge should set her free immediately..

Note:y'all who won't agree are free to cry on my mention as usual.. grin grin

Modified:those crying on my mention are clowns..she defended herself from being hurt by stabbing him and she did what she had to do.... so those condemning the lady skipped the part where the man hit her with a glass..
As a matter of fact I would encourage all women to do same if you are in that situation.. better to get rid of a monster than get raped or strangled.. grin cheesy
Coz it's a lady involved here these clown wannabe redpillers are going Gaga..do you know how many ladies get raped and murdered on a daily basis?

Now this Lady defended herself y'all are screaming.well the law doesn't work that way... grin
#release chidinma she's innocent# grin

28 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by Omihanifa: 8:22am On May 11, 2022
Sex and drugs don lead Micheal osifo ataga to his early grave.

Same sex and drugs don also lead chidinma Ojukwu to prison

52 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by FERNANDEZISBACK: 8:23am On May 11, 2022
Omihanifa:
Sex and drugs don lead Micheal osifo ataga to his early grave.

Same sex and drugs don also lead chidinma Ojukwu to prison
Well she might not go for a long term...might not even go..
A plea in mitigation should be made to the court by her lawyer.. wink

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by Bahamas95(m): 8:32am On May 11, 2022
That man just wasted his life, the girl is the reigning beauty queen in prison.

81 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by illicit(m): 8:34am On May 11, 2022
He died for the fun of it

1 Like

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by FalseProphet1(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2022
Nigeria is a country whose leaders are slaves to the honey pot of a woman.

Having said that, I see chidinma gaining her freedom, I see the case being swept under the carpet.

I see male perverts defending her online and offline with their erected pénis claiming that she's innocent.

I see them trying to woo her after her release, I see them dying mysteriously like Mr Agata.

This I have seen.

92 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by oluseyiforjesus(m): 9:09am On May 11, 2022
Life in prison, later dey go pardon her, Nigeria my country
Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:10am On May 11, 2022
Dis matter is still there just like the very first day it came out,
Just the same way Evans the Most Notorious kidnapper in the history of Nigeriais still lounging in prison.
The killers of Dubem that was raped in the church building is not yet sentenced to death.
The girl that was looking for job and was murdered by the bastard of a boy, nothing is heard about that also.
The 4 teenagers that murdered a young girl case is still there.
The alfas that killed and buried one of their girlfriend, nothing is being heard, and hundreds of those kinda stories from 's blog!
What about the serial killer that killed scores of girls in the hotel 2 years ago, , nothing about him too.
How many are we gonna write about?

Our judiciary system in this part of the world is something else.
Anyways, Make we just dey look like Chindima.....

28 Likes 10 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by DMerciful(m): 9:10am On May 11, 2022
Her story is not adding up. The fact that she did documents to conceal her identity means the murder was premeditated. She wanted to run with his money but probably panicked.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by UncleKoboko: 9:10am On May 11, 2022
She's like 95% of most other average Nigerian girls.
Useless
Broke
Loose
Rude
Lazy
They have nothing to offer apart from their private public parts.

This one is not even up to 23, yet she already has a married man, probably not the first in her BODYCOUNT arsenal. That's how most of them live. By the time they're 25-28, most of them will have at least 10 bodycount and will have done at least 3 abortions. After they're done wasting their good youthful lives away, they'll be praying and waiting for one "unfortunate" "God fearing" rich and handsome young man to marry them. It will never be well with all of you.

I blame the parents. Most parents are responsible for this nonsense children are exhibiting.

Ps
TO YOU THAT HAS SLEPT WITH OTHER PEOPLE'S HUSBANDS OR CURRENTLY SLEEPING WITH ONE, MAY YOU NOT ENJOY YOUR MARRIAGE TOO.

46 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by Nobody: 9:10am On May 11, 2022
I knew that's the movement of the story.
May Ataga's soul find rest.
Chidinma, you are a bad rep.
I don't associate with murderers so carry your cross. If you are lucky, life imprisonment. If not, hanging.

16 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by SmileDance(f): 9:11am On May 11, 2022
I'm just trying to imagine if there would even be a case of it was a married woman that was stabbed to death by her lover in an hotel...

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by tonididdy(m): 9:11am On May 11, 2022
VIP case angry

I wonder why they still brief the public

1 Like

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by bluefilm: 9:12am On May 11, 2022
She's a beauty queen.
Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by Hndrrxxx(m): 9:12am On May 11, 2022
shocked

So what is she still doing winning the State Beauty Pageant
Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by spydera: 9:12am On May 11, 2022
So she wants to play this card called:
Self defense against attempted rape.
Nice one

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by sojayy(m): 9:12am On May 11, 2022
D Most beautiful girl in prison

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by NOETHNICITY(m): 9:12am On May 11, 2022
So that innocent looking young girl is a cold-hearted vicious killer?

2 Likes

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by Lionnation: 9:13am On May 11, 2022
The girl is already in person where else will they put her if she is found guilty, I think the girl is even enjoying in the prison, so the person that was killed is the only loser here
Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by Uniquetani1(f): 9:13am On May 11, 2022
They are still on this matter?

I can't believe Evans d Kidnapper case is yet to be concluded too

2 Likes

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by Eriokanmi: 9:13am On May 11, 2022
Stay away from all these small-small girls . They don't value life. They value their iPhones and bone straight hairs or whatever they can get from you than your life that had gone through thick and thin before becoming a force to be reckoned with. Note this...once the unexpected happrn, not only your immediate family members wouid feel the loss of your passing. All those who depend on you, your associates to whom.you've shown kindness and the society you've done good to wouid also bear the loss.

How can you entrust your life to...and feel comfortable with a generation of girls who can take their own life at the slightest opportunity? If they can do this to themselves, I wonder how more important your life can be to them.

There was one of them I was mentoring. She had aborted more than 5 times in the past and I warned her of the danger inherent in abortion . She said sir, it wouid never happen again and if it happens by chance, she'd keep it. The last time i checked, she aborted again. She asked to please not tell anybody, that her bf who's been begging her that she'd marry her got her pregnant. I think the moment she told the guy she's pregnant, he too made a reverse from all he had promised her, including marriage because according to her, once she gets pregnant, he'd go ahead and pay her bride price. He's not taking her calls anymore. Imagine . If a girl could be doing this since age 18 up till age 26 to herself, how would her likes now be scared of killing?

8 Likes

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by paulolee(m): 9:14am On May 11, 2022
las las them go grant this girl pardon, assuming na guy do same, na maximum e for don de serve n wait for death sentence....rubbish

3 Likes

Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by chukwuibuipob: 9:14am On May 11, 2022
angry so,what's the court waiting for? HANG her angryangryangryangry
Re: Usifo Ataga's Murder: Chidinma Fatally Stabbed Deceased Severally - Police by Deejaygold(m): 9:14am On May 11, 2022
Ok

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

How Do We Effectively Curb Sexual Offences In Nigeria? / Man With Sharp Dagger Chases PHCN Officials Away (Photos) / Driver Strips Unclad As Edo State Traffic Officers Seize His Car Battery

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.