Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,446 members, 7,816,023 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv (916 Views)

4-Year-Old Kids Shown How To Use AK-47s At Russian Kindergarten (Pictures) / Russia Gives Ukrainian Troops At Azovstal steel plant 4pm Today To Surrender / Russian Cluster Bombs Shatters Woman's Leg In Kharkiv, Ukraine (Graphic Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Igbofam2: 8:48am On May 11, 2022
May 10, 2022,08:54pm EDT

Ukrainian forces around Kharkiv, in northeastern Ukraine, appear to have pushed Russian troops east past Ternova, a settlement on the Russian border.

If confirmed, the Ukrainians’ liberation of Ternova could mark an inflection point in Russia’s 10-week-old wider war in Ukraine. In late March, Ukrainian forces drove Russian invaders from northern Ukraine. Now it appears they’re driving the invaders from northeastern Ukraine, too.

Heavy fighting continues around Izium, south of Kharkiv—and also around Kherson on Ukraine’s Black Sea coast. The Russians late last month briefly advanced around Kherson before stalling out. And Russian battalions more recently have captured a few settlements around Izium.

But those Russian gains are in jeopardy owing to Ukrainian gains around Kharkiv, a city of 1.4 million just 25 miles from Russia. As the Russian front collapses around Kharkiv, it could free up powerful Ukrainian brigades to push south, toward Izium, potentially tipping the fighting there in Kyiv’s favor.

The general staff of the Ukrainian armed forces was the first to hint at the Russian retreat across the border near Kharkiv. Battalions from the 138th Separate Mechanized Brigade, part of the Russian 6th Combined Arms Army, fled across the border to the Belgorod region of Russia “due to significant losses,” the general staff stated on Tuesday.

If indeed the Ukrainian forces around Kharkiv, including the battle-hardened 92nd and 93rd Mechanized Brigades, have pushed all the way to the Russian border, they not only can prevent Russian artillery from targeting Kharkiv—they could fire their own guns at Russian staging areas on the far side of the border.

And they also would be free to pivot right and head toward Izium, 60 miles south of Kharkiv. The Russian army has 99 front-line battalion tactical groups in Ukraine. A dozen of the best BTGs slowly are advancing in fits and starts south and west past Izium.

Think of any Ukrainian brigades rolling toward Izium from the north as a hammer. The Ukrainian brigades south of Izium, including the 4th and 17th Tank Brigades and the 95th Air Assault Brigade, would be the anvil. The conditions are becoming clearer for a major Ukrainian victory.

Monday, May 9th was Victory Day in Russia—the day the country celebrates its defeat of Nazi Germany in 1945. Many observers expected Russian president Vladimir Putin to use Victory Day as an opportunity to announce a major escalation of the war in Ukraine.

That didn’t happen. The Russians might not be losing the war quite yet. But they’re definitely not winning it. The Kremlin clearly assumed Ukraine’s defenders would cave soon after Russian tanks crossed the border on the morning of Feb. 24.

They didn’t cave. And 76 days later, Ukraine’s army arguably is as strong as ever. Its reserves have mobilized. It has captured more than 1,200 Russian vehicles. It’s finally begun using in combat some of the hundreds of artillery pieces that the United States and other allies have donated.

“Russia's underestimation of Ukrainian resistance and its 'best case scenario' planning have led to demonstrable operational failings, preventing President Putin from announcing significant military success in Ukraine at the ... Victory Day parade,” the U.K. Defense Ministry explained.

What happens next depends on Kyiv’s assessment of its own strength—and Moscow’s weakness. Do Ukrainian commanders believe Russia lacks the reserves to re-invade northeastern Ukraine? If so, will these commanders send south the two best brigades in the Kharkiv area?

And can those brigades sustain an advance all the way to Izium in order to initiate what could be one of the most important battles of the war?

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.forbes.com/sites/davidaxe/2022/05/10/ukrainian-troops-appear-to-have-fought-all-the-way-to-the-russian-border/amp/

Mynd44 Lalasticlala Seun

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Igbofam2: 8:49am On May 11, 2022
Loving this Forbes analysis especially the Hammer and Anvil part as they pivot from Ternova to face Izium and smash their way through the Russian gains there.

Ukrainains are brave hearts and resolute

Attacking from the North and South of Izium. I pity the Russian troops who would be trapped in the middle cheesy
Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by VictorUSA(m): 8:56am On May 11, 2022
The weak Russian army are being defeated and repelled on daily basis.This just the begining.Infact this is without the lend-lease, when it fully come into effect be sure to see Russian army decimated right inside Moscow.
Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Igbofam2: 9:00am On May 11, 2022
The map as at yesterday with Ternova encircled and still under Russian occupation

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Igbofam2: 9:01am On May 11, 2022
The map today with Ternova encircled but now under Ukrainian occupation as they arrive Russia's border

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Nobody: 9:21am On May 11, 2022
Pepper dem well including Putin's eye

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by KillIgbohoN0W: 9:29am On May 11, 2022
Tomorrow they will cry for aid and beg for food
grin cheesy grin

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Mirabella01: 9:39am On May 11, 2022
Taking the game to them cheesy
Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by DerrickzB: 9:44am On May 11, 2022
Unconfirmed? grin cheesy!! Una don start again!! Tomorrow una go say na mistake abi na hoax!!

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Kingsnairaland(m): 9:59am On May 11, 2022
Lies

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Igbofam2: 10:07am On May 11, 2022
DerrickzB:
Unconfirmed? grin cheesy!! Una don start again!! Tomorrow una go say na mistake abi na hoax!!

It has now been confirmed by BBC grin cheesy

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Igbofam2: 10:08am On May 11, 2022
Kingsnairaland:
Lies

Shhhhh hold your tears...

BBC just confirmed it cheesy

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Opolopoopolonio: 10:56am On May 11, 2022
Pro-Putin luuunatics will label this propaganda/lies as usual.

Putin can NEVER win this war! smiley

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by ken6488(m): 10:58am On May 11, 2022
Tomorrow they will start crying of genocide
When Russia makes a move

Any way these are silly propangada

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Igbofam2: 11:10am On May 11, 2022
ken6488:
When Russia makes a move

They are "propagandered" their way to the Russian Border... Cry more
Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Teazerr4: 12:10pm On May 11, 2022
More territories dey fall into our hands ooo

3 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Teazerr4: 12:10pm On May 11, 2022
In another news , time to bomb those nazis to hell

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Teazerr4: 12:13pm On May 11, 2022
Odessa says hi

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Teazerr4: 12:17pm On May 11, 2022
Hello from Odessa

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Kingsnairaland(m): 12:27pm On May 11, 2022
Teazerr4:
Hello from Odessa

lol

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by DerrickzB: 1:47pm On May 11, 2022
Igbofam2:

It has now been confirmed by BBC grin cheesy

Na so!! The same BBC that has been spreading falsehood about the war since it began!! My brother rest, when I confirm it I’d come quote you here!!

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Igbofam2: 2:22pm On May 11, 2022
DerrickzB:

Na so!! The same BBC that has been spreading falsehood about the war since it began!! My brother rest, when I confirm it I’d come quote you here!!

You actually think your confirmation is important to anybody grin grin

Delusions of grandeur grin

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Andoskian: 2:31pm On May 11, 2022
Teazerr4:
More territories dey fall into our hands ooo

like play like playrussia don turn to football club
very serious indeed
Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by leofab(f): 2:35pm On May 11, 2022
Lord of war and slava Z just Dey mess with many Nigerians head..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by pol23: 3:31pm On May 11, 2022
Okay.
So the war’s over?
Make una stop all this lies.
Well,if I’m part of those Assumed Ukrainian troops,I will make sure I shoot few explosive inside Russia,even if it’s going to cost my life.
I’m just sad for Ukrainian .
I wish victory for Russia.
I wish for quick resolution of the war.
Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Igbofam2: 3:39pm On May 11, 2022
pol23:
Okay.
So the war’s over?
Make una stop all this lies.
Well,if I’m part of those Assumed Ukrainian troops,I will make sure I shoot few explosive inside Russia,even if it’s going to cost my life.
I’m just sad for Ukrainian .
I wish victory for Russia.
I wish for quick resolution of the war.

After 76 days of a war Russia claimed wouldn't last more than 72hrs and especially now that Ukraine is on the counter Offensive.

You can only wish anyway grin

2 Likes

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Holav(m): 3:52pm On May 11, 2022
This ukraine-russia i have being following dis Hrn media news is propaganda and only Russia side news is genuine d day I notice dat putin fan boys don't have sense is dat western media dey claim is propaganda,then let d western media just headline dat Russia is making some progress in some part of d war they will believe it fast and be happy let reverse b d case dat ukraine is making good lead in d war they will claim it propaganda is dat not dumb especially nairaland and again they claim all British media is all about propaganda then d British media made a post about hunter Biden and a news about accused made by Russia dat USA have biolab in Ukraine omoh I was shock all putin fans boys quickly belive d news here all nairaland and they have already said all news reports by British media is propaganda and dat was still accusation. D day I give up on putin fan boys is d on Aljazeara post,when aljazeara post about Russia making good lead in d war they will b happy in d comment section and most people know dat Aljazeara will b reporting more Russia than Ukraine cause of d west then Aljazeara made a post about Ukraine making a good lead in some part of d war then in d comment section see most of dem trashing Aljazeara that Aljazeara has join western media that Aljazeara must not be reporting any Ukraine successful news na on dat day I know sey putin fan boys no get sense.come 2 putin fan boys on nairaland 2 I dey read comment they will b saying Ukraine is winning on social media dat in reality Russia is winning i wan ask question let's assume Ukraine is not making good lead in d war but saying Russia is winning in reality hw u take know u go 2 Ukraine go confam abi no b d same social media u take know sey Russia is winning no b stupidity b dat.lets all assume d west is lying saying Russia is saying d truth then u are mad firstly b4 d invasion d west u proclaim dat they are lying said dat Russia wil invade ukraine here on nairaland all putin fan boys saying d west is pushing 4 war dat Russia is not invading ukraine dat they are propagandist,there warrior putin denied d fact dat is not invading ukraine then what happen now,who is now lying between d 2 now b4 d invasion,Back 2 d media reporting dis war BBC,CNN,and other western media will all know dat they will b reporting more ukraine than Russia, then 2 d other side Rt news ,Chinese media and India news outlets will b reporting more Russia dan ukraine due 2 there take on Russia.Then back 2 nairaland u will b arguing with someone dat is brainwashed with western media news then proclaim your argument with fact u will b bringing Russia side news or Chinese,India news shey no b everybody know sey there news will counter each other and again if they are not using any Russia media outlets they will bring link of any western media 2 counter no b stupidity b dat western media u claim dat is propaganda.My take here is dat make putin fan boys no dey shout propaganda again bcus Russia 2 is a propaganda country dat thing baffle me dat all news must suit yr narrative dat Russia must win dis war I notice again must people supporting Russia is bcus dey dislike d west we all know d west are bad but assuming Russia is good I cant agree with u,if any Russia media made a news about I can't believe it,I will tamed it propaganda cause u assume d western media are propaganda news 2.i swear putin fan boys here on nairaland dey annoy me any news about Russia they don't care whether na fake news or not they will b jubilating on comment section let reverse b d case dat dey report about ukraine they will b fast shouting na lie or propaganda. Western media or Russia media,Chinese media will know there take on dis war b4 any truth will prevail it will going 2 be when d war is coming 2 an end then we will know who actually won d war but 4 now make everybody dey support who dey wan support without someone stupid will b saying na propaganda u dey read wetin u dey read, Na Reuters media I still notice small that try 2 balance there news small.Make putin fan boys try 2 get sense abeg

1 Like

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Kelvin3476: 5:44pm On May 11, 2022
ken6488:
When Russia makes a move

E THE PAIN UNA SAY UKRAINE THE DEAL WITH TEDDY BEAR. RUSSIA CAN'T DO ANY WORST.
Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by okeysoninv: 6:14pm On May 11, 2022
Ukraine armed forces should seize Moscow.
Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by DerrickzB: 10:58pm On May 11, 2022
[s]
Igbofam2:

You actually think your confirmation is important to anybody grin grin

Delusions of grandeur grin

[/s]

Tor, is anyone of you feeding me??
Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Nobody: 4:47pm On May 12, 2022
I find it weird that Ukraine that's struggling to hold onto its own territory is trying to invade Russia's.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ukrainian Troops At Russian Border In Ternova After Russian Defeats In Kharkiv by Kingsnairaland(m): 8:01pm On May 12, 2022
Shoodboi:
I find it weird that Ukraine that's struggling to hold onto its own territory is trying to invade Russia's.
they feed on lies don't mind western media.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Ukrainians Trapped In "Death Tunnels" In Kherson: How The Russians Ambushed Them / "you Bloody Idiots!" Mugarbage Goes On Rampage! / Madagascar: The Making Of A Banana Republic

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.