Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,593 members, 7,812,936 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 11:01 PM

The Purple Swamphen.. Please Help Me With The Actial Name Of This Bird - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / The Purple Swamphen.. Please Help Me With The Actial Name Of This Bird (242 Views)

What's The Name Of This Specie Of Bird? (Pictured) / Help To Identify This Bird / The Huge Monitor Lizard & A Bird Killed In My Neighborhood (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Purple Swamphen.. Please Help Me With The Actial Name Of This Bird by mrdharkchild(m): 9:42pm On May 11, 2022
I just saw this at my work place in Lagos.
Though it is a beautiful bird, and I was tempted to touch it, I was a bit scared being a Nigerian that I am. I was so scared to the bone touching it..

I'd gladly carry it and let it when I'm out of this country, but, my guy, no be for Nigeria o.

So I just left it.
But here's a pic and video of it.
Gladly help me name it.

1 Like

Re: The Purple Swamphen.. Please Help Me With The Actial Name Of This Bird by Aguiyi1020: 4:22pm On May 12, 2022
Lolz.... Dude it's not a swamphen.... It's a
KERERU pigeon.... a breed indigenous to New Zealand called KERERU. Its like the birds village people led it from New Zealand to Nigeria to come and suffer grin grin here are some other pictures below. It has thesame orange beak as the one you saw at your working place and green feathers as well

Re: The Purple Swamphen.. Please Help Me With The Actial Name Of This Bird by mrdharkchild(m): 8:57pm On May 12, 2022
It's not a pigeon man. This is exactly how the bird looks like.
I made a video of the bird yesterday, but I'm finding it difficult to upload it here on nairaland. I dunno y

(1) (Reply)

Study Abroad / Hon.stanley Nwabuisi Declared Winner Of The PDP Primary Election* / BBNAIJA REUNION: The Reunioun Show Live Stream Tonight With Ebuka

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.