Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,057 members, 7,863,748 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:33 AM

Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun (2646 Views)

AY Makun And Omoni Oboli Create Stew Moment (PHOTO) / White Nigerian & His Family Meet AY Makun, Rock Super Eagles Jersey (Photo) / AY Makun Reacts To Dino Melaye's Fleet Of Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by nwekeugochukwu: 2:20pm On May 12, 2022
Nigerian comedian, AY Makun has come out to explain why he and his colleague, Basketmouth, don't talk to each other, IGBERETV reports.

In a Question and Answer session with his followers on Instagram, AY stated that Basketmouth has been battling with his ''uncontrollable superiority complex'' for a while and that to keep his own sanity, he had to avoid Basketmouth's ''incessant childishness''.

He added that he only talks to people who want to talk to him.

See the exchange he had with the follower where he gave his explanation below.

https://igberetvnews.com/1419807/avoiding-basketmouth-became-necessary-sanity-comedian-ay-makun/

Lalasticlala
Mynd44

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Ahmed0336(m): 2:37pm On May 12, 2022
No be by force to be friends with pesin wey no like you.

Waiting for Bright's side of the story.

9 Likes

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Tinububalls: 2:47pm On May 12, 2022
Will it make me to stop watching flatmates?
No Makun.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Kriss216: 3:01pm On May 12, 2022
Tinububalls:
Will it make me to stop watching flatmates?
No Makun.
You be correct dude.

Make I go check whether Lawyer Obus and Chief Donatus don dey plan another evil. Mischievous men cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Iamdbull: 3:04pm On May 12, 2022
Dbull on this one!
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Nobody: 3:04pm On May 12, 2022
Wetin concern us? undecided
Na una dey make these yeye people trend.
Mtchewww.
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Realist12: 3:10pm On May 12, 2022
Hmmm , why is AY sounding like a lady ? There are somethings you learn to ignore not throwing jabs at your fellow hustler.

3 Likes

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by EmeraldJD: 3:11pm On May 12, 2022
You avoid him, he avoid you.. Finish!
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by JoyousFurnitire(m): 3:37pm On May 12, 2022
Show biz.

Dem wan start their own FC vs Tatibiji

Mtcheww!

1 Like

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Onyi22(f): 3:44pm On May 12, 2022
Friendship today no be friendship forever
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by festacman(m): 4:01pm On May 12, 2022
My intuition is telling me the seed of this beef may have been sown during the days of AY's Open Mic events that nurtured many known comedians of today. It is likely that even as an up and coming comedian, Basketmouth shunned Open Mic after being invited and there may have been exchange of words. Thus, the use of "superiority complex" by AY.

Ordinarily, there shouldn't be any beef between these two successful 'Comedians of the Federal Republic' because they have different comedy styles and even their works and productions are different creatively.

AY is more into what I would call 'reality comedy' highlighting both the positive and negative realities of everyday living in our society. Basketmouth is more of 'philosophical comedy' reflecting human nature: contradictions, frailties, ironies, disharmony, etc drawn from daily living experience.

Again, while AY is an extroverted, boisterous and on-the-go comedian/entrepreneur, Basketmouth is a reserved, calm and deeply creative comedian/entrepreneur. The problem with gifted creatives like Basketmouth, whether successful or not, is that they believe their works are are superior to others. Another example is Brymo.

16 Likes

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Stanweezy(m): 4:47pm On May 12, 2022
Akuko mama Ngozi na ndi yardi ya
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by KingMack(m): 4:58pm On May 12, 2022
There are two sides to a coin...jus as Wizkid see's him self too big to work with Davido.

Davido see's himself as the richest kid on the block to even go to Wizkid for a collaboration.

Then the fans are busy drinking their piss angry

6 Likes

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by cavreek: 5:19pm On May 12, 2022
Money and fame can be quite intoxicating, u see everyone below ur level
Abeg make i just mind my business since I no dey thier category, for now cool

1 Like

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by We4all: 6:43pm On May 12, 2022
Basketmouth seems like a toxic person. I know this when he started throwing jabs at Tacha during her time in the BBN house.

AY on the other hand may be called ‘dry’ but he is the most creative comedian there is.

2 Likes

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by tarantino1: 7:20pm On May 12, 2022
All of you are the same.

I remember how rude you were to a fan who complained about the price of ticket for one of your shows.

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by mejai(m): 7:50pm On May 12, 2022
Kriss216:

You be correct dude.

Make I go check whether Lawyer Obus and Chief Donatus don dey plan another evil. Mischievous men cheesy
In Obus voice..... Infringement!! How dare you? grin
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by dangoteinlaw: 8:09pm On May 12, 2022
Jealousy. Basketmouth is way richer than AY and his crew combined lol..he doesn't brag.. at some point ay was jealous
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Pathokpo: 9:07pm On May 12, 2022
festacman:
My intuition is telling me the seed of this beef may have been sown during the days of AY's Open Mic events that nurtured many known comedians of today. It is likely that even as an up and coming comedian, Basketmouth shunned Open Mic after being invited and there may have been exchange of words. Thus, the use of "superiority complex" by AY.

Ordinarily, there shouldn't be any beef between these two successful 'Comedians of the Federal Republic' because they have different comedy styles and even their works and productions are different creatively.

AY is more into what I would call 'reality comedy' highlighting both the positive and negative realities of everyday living in our society. Basketmouth is more of 'philosophical comedy' reflecting human nature: contradictions, frailties, ironies, disharmony, etc drawn from daily living experience.

Again, while AY is an extroverted and on-the-move comedian/entrepreneur, Basketmouth is a reserved and deeply creative comedian/entrepreneur. The problem with real creatives, whether successful or not, is that they believe their works are are superior to others. Another example is Brymo.

Baba leave plenty grammar. You can't force yourself on someone that don't want to be close to you
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Pathokpo: 9:12pm On May 12, 2022
tarantino1:
All of you are the same.

I remember how rude you were to a fan who complained about the price of ticket for one of your shows.
Where the rudeness here. He is just defending his enterprise. Vip is not meant for all that is why its called vip . No con pour sand sand for another man garri.

1 Like

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Nobody: 9:50pm On May 12, 2022
There is arrogance among comedians.Basketmouth doesn't talk to many of his colleagues.Including his old friend Julius agwu.
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by gnykelly(m): 10:07pm On May 12, 2022
Revolution2022:
There is arrogance among comedians.Basketmouth doesn't talk to many of his colleagues.Including his old friend Julius agwu.

Nigerian entertainer get problem... Genevieve doesn't follow anyone on Instagram not even fellow thespian.
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Hellonearth: 10:21pm On May 12, 2022
festacman:

Again, while AY is an extroverted and on-the-move comedian/entrepreneur, Basketmouth is a reserved and deeply creative comedian/entrepreneur. The problem with gifted creatives, whether successful or not, is that they believe their works are are superior to others. Another example is Brymo.

Shut your gutters. Do you know them one on one
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by festacman(m): 10:36pm On May 12, 2022
Hellonearth:

Shut your gutters. Do you know them one on one

Are they spirits? Now shut your gutters.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by shadrach77: 11:20pm On May 12, 2022
Basketmouth is an extremely bad tempered and rude person. Don't ask me how I know cry
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Emilokoiyawon: 12:24am On May 13, 2022
dangoteinlaw:
Jealousy. Basketmouth is way richer than AY and his crew combined lol..he doesn't brag.. at some point ay was jealous

AY is the richest Nigerian comedian. Quote me anywhere. If AY wakes up with Basketmouth's money, AY will kill himself.
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by Vyzz: 12:32am On May 13, 2022
cool

Some people just expect others to come now at their feet and when you don't...

You are battling SUPERIORITY COMPLEX
Re: Avoiding Basketmouth Became Necessary For My Own Sanity - Comedian AY Makun by NobleAngell(f): 2:11am On May 13, 2022
So does this mean Bovi inherited the enmity as a loyal friend of Bright? Abi Bovi own na inferiority complex?

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Genevieve Nnaji Looking Pretty And Simple In New Picture / Fame To Shame: The Many Faces Of Majek Fashek / Beautiful Couple, Paul & Anita Okoye Steps Out In Style As They Head To Church

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.