Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,966 members, 7,810,679 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 01:11 PM

Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? (51186 Views)

Entering A Train Nigeria For The First Time. See My Discovery / Lady Agreed Married A Dead Man (Photos) / How I Stopped Herdsmen From Entering My Community — Edo Monarch (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Dorwadora(f): 4:24pm On May 12, 2022
I don't understand the reason behind it and I'm curious. Google is not giving me a coherent answer.

My late grandfather's friend passed away today, being a Muslim, it's a must that he must be buried today. My grandma called me to come to our hometown ( My present location to my hometown is just 1 hour) to say goodbye to Baba (May God rest his soul).

I got there, I wanted to enter but they said I should knock before entering incase Baba is dressing up or eating embarassed embarassed. I knocked once but they said I must knock thrice undecided undecided. I know all those eating and dressing up story is sakamanje.

I would have asked someone there but the atmosphere was melanchoIic and I was in a rush to see my grandma and now I'm on my way back to Ado.

What's the real reason for knocking?

A dead body can't feel or see. It dead undecided undecided... The body is useless or else it want to be used as compost.

46 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by illicit(m): 4:44pm On May 12, 2022
I am confused

Why must u say goodbye to ur grandpa's friend

Wait o....

Abi......

shocked

Dorwadora:
I don't understand the reason behind it and I'm curious. Google is not giving me a coherent answer.

My late grandfather's friend passed away today, being a Muslim, it's a must that he must be buried today. My grandma called me to come to our hometown ( My present location to my hometown is just 1 hour) to say goodbye to Baba (May God rest his soul).

I got there, I wanted to enter but they said I should knock before entering incase Baba is dressing up or eating embarassed embarassed. I knocked once but they said I must knock thrice undecided undecided. I know all those eating and dressing up story is sakamanje.

I would have asked someone there but the atmosphere was melanchoIic and I was in a rush to see my grandma and now I'm on my way back to Ado.

A dead body can't feel or see. It dead undecided undecided... The body is useless or else it want to be used as compost.

141 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Kestolove(m): 5:06pm On May 12, 2022
blackman get problem

189 Likes 7 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by VladimirPutiin(m): 5:52pm On May 12, 2022
I’m waiting for answers too.

11 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Dorwadora(f): 6:03pm On May 12, 2022
illicit:
I am confused

Why must u say goodbye to ur grandpa's friend
When he was alive, he'd always give me yam, fish or 200 naira whenever I visit grin grin. He said I look like his mother embarassed

219 Likes 5 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by SNEFF: 6:11pm On May 12, 2022
well, lets see what people have to say, here to learn

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by TONYE001(m): 6:15pm On May 12, 2022
Absolutely no reason.

Belief and culture (?plus ignorance) at play here.

A dead man is dead and cannot move a finger. All stories told about the dead performing any action are false... People sit in their homes and conjure things to suit their narratives.

107 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by duro4chang(m): 6:18pm On May 12, 2022
That is the superstition of your people. Nothing like that in my area.

54 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by CheedyJ(m): 6:29pm On May 12, 2022
I believe it's one of those many superstitions but imagine for a second that after being told to knock 3x but u only knocked once b4 entering & at night u had a nightmare where d baba was chasing u (lol), wouldn't u have attributed d nightmare to not knocking 3x? Na so all those superstitions dey spread o

72 Likes 6 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by ashawopikin(m): 6:30pm On May 12, 2022
Why u no ask them?

18 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Jamahyel(m): 6:52pm On May 12, 2022
Kestolove:
blackman get problem
lol of a truth .

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Emperordynasty: 7:24pm On May 12, 2022
Yeah I was watching a documentary about the OBa of Benin in the filmed in the 60s,
I think during the reign of Oba Akenzua ,
The prince who was showing the white man around the OBa's palace ,got to a particular door and knocked thrice before he and the white man entered,.it turned out it was like the shrine built to former obas who had died,
When the white man ask some questions, the prince said he wasn't allowed to talk...

Kinda relates Sha since it involved the dead OBa's shrine

47 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by favour32(m): 7:27pm On May 12, 2022
You fit say na nonsense or superstition but e get WHY?

31 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by TheWolfen(m): 7:31pm On May 12, 2022
John 2 verse 3-5. ( NKJV )

3 And when they ran out of wine, the mother of Jesus said to Him, “They have no wine.”

4 Jesus said to her, “Woman, what does your concern have to do with Me? My hour has not yet come.”

5 His mother said to the servants,
“Whatever He says to you, do it.”

obedience is better than sacrifice cool

57 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by cherrybeauty(f): 7:32pm On May 12, 2022
favour32:
You fit say na nonsense or superstition but e get WHY?
tell us why
Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by favour32(m): 7:44pm On May 12, 2022
cherrybeauty:

tell us why
As una dey say na nonsense or superstition na so I use enter one mortuary unannounced some decades ago.
Dead bodies here and there.
Some arranged erect and others horizontal.
E be like market.
But I left after some minutes after rolling out the dead body of a young man we came to bury as nobody was willing to go inside except me.
I hear am for night.
Nor be everything person dey talk.
But there are vibrations in mortuary whether you believe it or not.

145 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by SEGLIZ: 8:12pm On May 12, 2022
favour32:

As una dey say na nonsense or superstition na so I use enter one mortuary unannounced some decades ago.
Dead bodies here and there.
Some arranged erect and others horizontal.
E be like market.
But I left after some minutes after rolling out the dead body of a young man we came to bury as nobody was willing to go inside except me.
I hear am for night.
Nor be everything person dey talk.
But there are vibrations in mortuary whether you believe it or not.
you are lying, to this foolish generation that take their foolishness for civilisation.

36 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by favour32(m): 8:14pm On May 12, 2022
SEGLIZ:
you are lying to this foolish generation that take their foolishness for consultation.
You have the option to disregard what I said.

105 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by SEGLIZ: 8:24pm On May 12, 2022
favour32:

You have the option to disregard what I said.
I was only confirming what you said not against you.

to this over civilised generation, foolishness to them is civility.

to them your comment is nothing but lie even when on the affirmative it is true. you didn't take time to digest my response to you comment.

48 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by YourFavorite21(m): 8:30pm On May 12, 2022
There is so much mystery about the dead that the living is oblivious of, remember their mortal body died not their spirit or soul. They are still active around their bodies till they are buried. You don't take them unawares you are inviting shock or even stroke, they are energies and entities at death,
So you notify them.

135 Likes 9 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by YourFavorite21(m): 8:31pm On May 12, 2022
There is so much mystery about the dead that the living is oblivious of, remember their mortal body died not their spirit or soul. They are still active around their bodies till they are buried. You don't take them unawares you are inviting shock or even stroke, they are energies and entities at death, you notify them.

16 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by favour32(m): 8:35pm On May 12, 2022
SEGLIZ:
I was only confirming what you said not against you.

to this over civilised generation, foolishness to them is civility.

to them your comment is nothing but lie even when on the affirmative it is true. you didn't take time to digest my response to you comment.
Ok, Really sorry about my hasty conclusion.
It was a reality.

48 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Creamypie(m): 9:15pm On May 12, 2022
YourFavorite21:
There is so much mystery about the dead that the living is oblivious of, remember their mortal body died not their spirit or soul. They are still active around their bodies till they are buried. You don't take them unawares you are inviting shock or even stroke, they are energies and entities at death, you notify them.
how can u believe this nonsense nah? The dead are conscious of nothing, while the living know they will die Ecclesiastes 3 vs 19 and 9 vs 5. Man and animals are the same when they die
Man, like Adam is made from dust and returns to dust on all entirety. How gods of men deceive Una is what I find difficult to understand. Damn

12 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Sacred007: 9:33pm On May 12, 2022
You better do what they asked u to do before they roast u like they roasted Deborah. Those Modafvckers called Muslim will all burn in the deepest part of Hell.

Rest in Pieces old man

32 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by CaptMarvel(m): 9:56pm On May 12, 2022
Dorwadora:

because they don't understand the ways of The Spirit. The body is just like a cloth, when its off, its off!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Hellonearth: 10:05pm On May 12, 2022
Person wey don die don die. Its just for formalities

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Lamasta(m): 10:05pm On May 12, 2022
You should have knocked once and enter and see the result if truly the myths are real or not. ..

19 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by gulfer: 10:06pm On May 12, 2022
Dorwadora:

This man, I hope you're back in your station, you are still on the road some minutes to five when you wrote this post.... Please be safe and desist from night or late evening travel; e get why undecided undecided undecided undecided

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Dorwadora(f): 10:18pm On May 12, 2022
gulfer:
This ma, I hope you're back in your station, you are on the road some minutes to fiv when you wrote this post.... Please be safe and desist from night or late evening travel; e get why undecided undecided undecided undecided
I'm back home, safe and sound smiley.... Thank you for your concern.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Salihusaliheen(m): 10:26pm On May 12, 2022
U are bold enough to see a Dead body.ha me I can't

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Dorwadora(f): 10:31pm On May 12, 2022
Salihusaliheen:
U are bold enough to see a Dead body.ha me I can't
I have a red thick cardigan my grandfather wear till the time of his death..... I always rock the cardigan with Jeans, my auntie from US sent it.

People will be like " Ha ha, Dora this cardigan dope o"...I'll be like " You remember my grandfather that died 3 years ago?...it's for him"

The bed he was embalmed on for 2 nights, that same bed his body was prepared is where I always sleep on whenever I go visiting. Thick Mouka foam for that matter grin grin

No be me kill am, I don't have any reason to be scared grin

81 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Why Must I Knock 3 Times Before Entering A Room A Dead Body Is Being Laid? by Salihusaliheen(m): 10:35pm On May 12, 2022
Dorwadora:
I have a red thick cardigan my grandfather wear till the time of his death..... I always rock the cardigan with Jeans, my auntie from US sent it.

People will be like " Ha ha, Dora this cardigan dope o"...I'll be like " You remember my grandfather that died 3 years ago?...it's for him"

The bed he was embalmed for 2 nights, that same bed his body was prepared is what I always sleep on whenever I go visiting. Thick Mouka foam for that matter grin grin

No be me kill am, I don have any reason to be scared grin
me go have nightmares,am scared deadbody as in u no go understand.

4 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ooni Of Ife And His Wife Arrive Canada In Style. Photos / Ooni Ogunwusi & His Wife Collect Offering At A Church In UK (Photos) / The Great Songhai Empire

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.