Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,195,549 members, 7,958,686 topics. Date: Wednesday, 25 September 2024 at 08:53 PM

Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri - NYSC (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / NYSC / Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri (30636 Views)

Inside Cross River NYSC 'Orientation Camp' (Photos) / Shocking Photos From The NYSC Camp In Kwara / Pictures From NYSC Orientation Camp In Lagos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by redsun(m): 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
Islamism breeds in d height of moral decadence in a society.It breeds in places where intuition/foresights are dead
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Guyman02: 2:23pm On Jul 13, 2011
Kai walahi i no fit talk! I wonder how somebody in his right senses with all the news around will leave Lagos to go and serve in Bornostan or Maiduguristan as a youth corp member because you want discharge certificate to get a job in Nigeria when people like Diezani Allison-Madueke is appointed Petroleum minister without doing the now so-called NYSC?
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by octar6: 2:25pm On Jul 13, 2011
this is crazy oh. dis corpers wanted fresh air oh
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Nobody: 2:32pm On Jul 13, 2011
I think this goes to show that Mr president is a sitting duck. How could he allow corpers to be deployed to a crisis ridden state.

I sympathise with the victim family. Note this, if Jonathan failed to tackled the menace called Boko Haram in time,

we may about to witness the disintegration of Nigeria.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by hbrednic: 2:33pm On Jul 13, 2011
stop sending your kids to the north because of one useless certificate
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by lwise(m): 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2011
Pls tell Jonathan to act fast,what is he waiting for.How I wish he has a son serving in Maiduguri,
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by aikuda(m): 2:39pm On Jul 13, 2011
I don't understand the delay by the governors to pull coppers out of these crises zones. If its their own children, they would have done so.

Also why are the coppers going to these zones for posting. I know people will say they have no choice. They can go to court to get an injunction to stop them from being sent to areas known by the whole would as crises-ridden. I am not a lawyer and I am not sure if they will win, but they can cause problem for the service and delay their deployment as the crises unravels.

I am beginning to think there is a conspiracy to break up Nigeria. And its not only Boko Haram that's involved in this plan. They are just being used by some leaders from both north and south. Call me crazy, but how do you explain this inaction by govt.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by molola(f): 2:46pm On Jul 13, 2011
fire on the mountain shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

run run run run !!!!!!!!!
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by gaddafe(m): 2:48pm On Jul 13, 2011
This is pure nonsense. Where were the soldiers. what hope are they going to give to the coppers that their lives are in safe hands. In my own opinion, I feel the coppers were Northern coppers. No sane Southerner will go to Borno state at this crucial time. angry angry
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by redsun(m): 2:49pm On Jul 13, 2011
How could people have spent 4/5 years in institutions of higher learning and ended up wasting their lives obeying scums?
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by emmyprime: 2:54pm On Jul 13, 2011
not again!, these guys are getting out of hand
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by femi4love(m): 2:58pm On Jul 13, 2011
NYSC is now National Youth Service Corpses in the North, O ma se o!
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by NatGas(m): 3:03pm On Jul 13, 2011
What the DG of NYSC should have done was to suspend the posting of Corp Members to that state until this Abokina Ram menace is resolved.I feel Pity for their families and friends. Some say Nigeria can be peacefully divided without the shedding of blood but I tell people the the blood shedding and lost of lives has already began,
When are we going to stand up for what we want?If this Boko-haram leads to Civil war,I know our lives will    be a stake  at stake but I don't care cos freedom isn't free after all.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Hardeyorlah(f): 3:05pm On Jul 13, 2011
Thank God am in the south east
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Nobody: 3:06pm On Jul 13, 2011
they chose to be foolish,
i have no pity for them
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by begwong: 3:11pm On Jul 13, 2011
Brig.Gen Maharazu Tsiga should be arrested and tried.he rejected the applications for redeployment for corps posted to borno!
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by ikooko(m): 3:13pm On Jul 13, 2011
I still do not understand the benefit in this NYSC scheme in the present situation, yet we claim we have National Assembly. funny enough, non of NA member will allow any of their children/family member to go anywhere near the troubled zones in this country.

I strongly suggest that corp members should form a forum and present a position paper to federal government, make plenty noise and see if something will not be done.

I though SW and SS governors said they will not allow their children to be posted to north for NYSC after post elelction crisis or it was just a political statement.

Ideally, one should expect that some state be flagged for NYSC scheme activities except on personal request as in the case with bauchi state.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Guyman02: 3:15pm On Jul 13, 2011
No go areas for Southern corpers:
Bornostan
Maiduguristan
Bauchistan
Kanoistan
Jigawastan
Northern Kadunistan
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by 702: 3:17pm On Jul 13, 2011
unconfirmed report
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Gbenge77(m): 3:36pm On Jul 13, 2011
Oh not again!
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Skii(m): 3:47pm On Jul 13, 2011
Shay you guys know that these NYSC people, the whole hierarchy of them at the National and State levels, receive a tremendous sum from the Government in the budget every year, so I figure one of the reasons they couldnt just scrap it/suspend it is because of the people that would be immediately jobless.

Tsiga being a soldier, along with other security forces will "act" to give an indication of peace and calm and so would therefore continue the posting of corpers to Borno. Accepting to not post people to Borno or other troubled areas would seem panicky, and thats not the message Jonae wants the world to have about Nigeria.

Typical of Nigeria, we will overlook this one too and move on, I can almost bet to offer every NL a million dollars that as far as the case is concerned, business as usual!!

God have Mercy on Us, show Jonae what to do to make this country better, free him from the forces that incapacitate him and grant him the grace to ACT accordingly, AMEN
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by mathskill: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2011
It's high time the federal gorvenment withdraws and stops posting corpers to borno,bauchi,plateau and kaduna state.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by pingme: 3:48pm On Jul 13, 2011
When it happened the first time, it was so easy to blame Gen Buhari who came out to speak even before the president spoke. If it has happened again or if it happens again, who will you blame for inaction? The Government, NYSC and the military should have been held accountable and responsible. The worth of the youth to the government is 5 million naira. GEJ can pay that for 5000 youths without batting an eyelid!
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by Nobody: 3:52pm On Jul 13, 2011
Uncle jay is busy with 7year single term tenure, and corpers are being bombed in borno.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by chopper(m): 3:56pm On Jul 13, 2011
the incident happened in nysc camp , borno state!
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by oluite(f): 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2011
I really cannot understand how some people chose to be reckless with their lives! If the government and the NYSC has shown gross insensitivity by posting corpers to such states,why must one walk into the Lions Den all in the name of Job and discharge certificate? Every day bombs and bombs and more bombs!Yet young graduate travel to such states in the name of NYSC! After now 5millions will be given to families of the victims,
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by JUO(m): 3:59pm On Jul 13, 2011
oh God
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by adejoro75: 4:05pm On Jul 13, 2011
The Nigerian press should tone down the false reporting/rhetoric
They are giving not a few people heart attack with their inflated news stories
There has been no bombing at the NYSC camp in Borno
I just got off the phone with my relative now in camp there
Security is reportedly tight in the camp, but you never know with these murderous Boko Haram folks
The NYSC head, Tsiga, was there in Borno a few hours ago and assured the campers of redeployment to their desired states.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by kasiem(m): 4:09pm On Jul 13, 2011
Another set of 5 million nairas will go out from the fg pocket.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by chakula: 4:10pm On Jul 13, 2011
702:

unconfirmed report

I concur!
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by kildran: 4:16pm On Jul 13, 2011
only an i.diot will blame those serving in the north, do u think its every1 dat has d connection and wherewithal to get reposted What we shuld address is d failed govt's project that has outlived its usefulness. The program was designed to engender unity in the country, has it worked? No. Why is the govt still sticking to its guns with regards 2 d program?? Money. These northerners will keep assaulting our fine, young and bright grads. They don't know what it takes to nurture and train children.

Right now I feel like going out and clearing some abokis off the street (Bt I get some of dem as padis.
Re: Boko Haram Bombs NYSC Orientation Camp In Maiduguri by EzeUche(m): 4:19pm On Jul 13, 2011
If this is true, we Southerners must unite against this Northern menace.  angry

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Ekiti Corper Dies After Complaining Of Headache (Photos) / Youth Corpers Clear Dump Site To The Surprise Of Oby Ezekwesili‏ / NYSC Gives Conditions For Payment Of Allowances

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.