Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,686 members, 7,844,252 topics. Date: Wednesday, 29 May 2024 at 05:10 PM

Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report - Business (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report (20335 Views)

Dangote, Flour Mills Petition FG, Oppose New Sugar Refinery by BUA / Corona Virus: Small Business Owners Worry Over Cash Flow As Nigeria Prepare To G / An Overview Of Dangote Refinery Plant In Lagos - Video And Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Yankee101: 4:24pm On May 13, 2022
419ing Nigerians
Looking for cheap fx
Rent seekers

1 Like

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Rajosh(m): 4:44pm On May 13, 2022
He should book an appointment with my secretary to see me. I'll send him the money
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by tritt(m): 4:44pm On May 13, 2022
I told some friends and colleagues of mine, that the refinery will not even be ready till 2025...E get why, cos who no go no go know and who no know no go go.

fineboynl:
The thing will not work even in 2030.

This is something the next president will sing about until the administration will over like this.

American cooperation can buy it and make it work within 9 months but only if Nigeria will allow them sell for specific amount per litter.

This is Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by obailala(m): 5:00pm On May 13, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

And you’re okay with the idea of his wealth growing with the help of public funds?
How exactly is his wealth growing with the help of public funds and how should his growing wealth even be anyone's problem?

Government after government has always had incentives for people involved in production of certain vital commodities that impact the economy. If Nigeria can stop importing petroleum products, the impact on Nigerians economy will be astronomical. So it's a no brainer that any government would fully support any establishment that genuinely contributes to the achievement of that target (i.e. zero petroleum importation), just the same way the givernment supports farmers who contribute whatever they can to food sufficiency.

The real question is, is it Dangote's fault that successive governments have failed to fix our refineries or build new ones? Is it Dangote's fault that he's the main businessman who bravely took the bold step to fill in for governments? Hating him for getting rich off the failures of government is just witchcraft.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by juniorstar(m): 5:04pm On May 13, 2022
djon78:

How much is the refinery worth; $19 billion

How much is dangote worth;
$13 billion

So how will his worth go up to $100 billion

Maximum his networth will be $35 billion after the refinery completes
He has access to huge supply of crude..at discounted price and like every natural resource his supply is going to be based on demand..with the Russian/Ukrainian crises he is going to have a field day to really cash out..coupled with other allied industries..the petrochemical and his fertiliser business..his interest in steel is cropping up..watch him rise in that forces list..the west knows it. And its good for our currency..bad for theirs. Cos if we can block this loss of foreign reserve..the next thing is to reduce our appetite for foreign goods..and the naira would become a force to reckon with..it might take a while..before they finally stop using such products.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Weezy463: 6:31pm On May 13, 2022
Reinaldo:

Osinbajo contested in 2015?
he did not,mumu??
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Iamolukorede(m): 6:40pm On May 13, 2022
Over 900billi to complete the yet finished refinery, wow that is total lots. Many of dangote conglomerate, most of this Nigeria politicians have shares in them running over billions.

I learnt this is why dangote cried foul, hopefully they can support and gain from the development and business train. However, the Nigerian refinery are not at a state of functionality and so pumping such amount into a corporate business entity as dangote must be looked into holistically even if some of the share holders are will to play to the gallery.

Getting the refinery working will be greatly beneficial in the Nigerian economy. But dangote will determine the price he will sell to the public limited company.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by ufotunang: 6:56pm On May 13, 2022
Weezy463:

think now,haha!
are you not in Nigeria?
..ok nigeria...I forgot that I was in nigeria...I thought I was in London
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by ufotunang: 6:59pm On May 13, 2022
Cognitivereason:

The project is fully ongoing..
You have not heard from it because enemies of progress don't like reporting good things..
Go on YouTube and search for Ajuri Ngelale .. his channel has a full video dedicated to works on the refinery..
..so when will the repairs, upgrading, rehabilitation of the refinery be completed so that it can start to work ?
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Nobody: 7:01pm On May 13, 2022
DeLaRue:
The report looks unprofessional. Some of the details appear unnecessary and too personal. Reads like a personal attack.

It is common for such complex construction projects to experience cost overrun and delays.

1. HSE rail project UK - going to cost over $130 billion, nearly 3 times the original estimate. UK govt is now reducing the distance of the rail in order to bring down the overall cost. And that's a government funded project.

2. Berlin's BER airport GERMANY - Was due to open in 2012. Just before its opening, inspectors found nearly 120,000 defects. It took another 10 years to correct the errors. It finally opened last year, nearly 10 years later. And Germans are supposed to be excellent engineers. Building an airport is not even half as complex as building what Dangote, a private individual, is trying to build in Lagos.

Dangote's project is monumental. He deserves recognition and indeed support for his courage in taking on this project.

Nice try. But apples and oranges my friend. Apples and oranges.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by ufotunang: 7:07pm On May 13, 2022
obailala:
What is stopping the states from building the refineries now? That thing stopping the states from building refineries today will still stop the states from building refineries even if Nigeria splits to 36 countries.
.... that is why the country should be restructured ..by restructuring of the country...the states will have control of their own resources, mineral resources and generate more money from it for themselves and they will have enough money to build their own refineries...the small allocation the federal government gives the state it's not enough or adequate for state to build refinery..with the allocation they have to do other things and nothing will remain to build refinery
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by signz: 7:34pm On May 13, 2022
People and conspiracy theories cheesy.

Please go to Ibeju Lekki and ask Nigerians working there about the true story behind the delays.

This refinery was meant to have delivered years ago but I learnt an Engineering mistake was made. This mistake came with a lot of costs, especially financial. It was started in 2014 and was supposed to be delivered in 4 years or less at $9bn. But due to the delay, the cost have increased to $19bn and we're now in the 8th year still no refinery in sight.

The truth is that refinery won't be ready even in 2025. However, their tank farm is ready and whenever fuel is fully deregulated, he'll start importing fuel.

I wouldn't want to be in Dangote's shoes now

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by saxby(f): 8:08pm On May 13, 2022
Na wa o, cash constraints? Even with all the loans?
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Nobody: 9:37pm On May 13, 2022
Weezy463:

he did not,mumu??

Keep moving. Don't stop until you learn manners.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Phaantom22: 10:08pm On May 13, 2022
Reinaldo:
Osinbajo is the best candidate to move Nigeria forward as a country.
We're talking big refinery you're talking politics wetin concerned agbero with overload? cry
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Aaay: 10:23pm On May 13, 2022
Really
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by rinzaugustine: 11:22pm On May 13, 2022
How would he directly supervise a project he knows nothing about the technical aspects of? American defense contractor companies would have delivered this project to him like 6 years ago at a higher initial cost, than indians that offered him the bait of initial lower cost but ended up siphoning all his money without delivering the project. Those indian managers would have become billionaires in dollars now courtesy of dangote businesss carelessness and folly, now i know why he started hanging around people in Lagos never hung out with before in his life

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by MoneyMustBMade(m): 11:37pm On May 13, 2022
His system of running business can't make him go far... No competition... No update, he monopolize everything to his name alone... No

Public money and they are suffering of hardship without government support. Who will now make him more reach if not the masses that are in hardship
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Nobody: 11:53pm On May 13, 2022
rinzaugustine:
How would he directly supervise a project he knows nothing about the technical aspects of? American defense contractor companies would have delivered this project to him like 6 years ago at a higher initial cost, than indians that offered him the bait of initial lower cost but ended up siphoning all his money without delivering the project. Those indian managers would have become billionaires in dollars now courtesy of dangote businesss carelessness and folly, now i know why he started hanging around people in Lagos never hung out with before in his life

Only Tinubu's Presidency can deliver this refinery.

The DANTATA family of Kano must as a matter of utmost importance rally other Northern elders to support Tinubu.

The initial mistake has been made on this project. This is a lifetime project of Aliko Dangote , the project has sunk a lot of investment and cannot fail at this period. For years, I have defended this project and fought several people on Social media and at different forum in defence of this project until I give up on the project in November 2021.

Since 2017, the project is always to be completed third quarter of next year until it dawn on me the project has no completion date.

Some people in Nigeria never prayed for the project to be a success. Lagos has a stake in that Project.

It is in the best interest of that Project that Tinubu becomes the President. Under any circumstances, Tinubu will ensure that project is delivered before 2025.

3 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Fourfor4: 11:58pm On May 13, 2022
His tank farms are ready for refined products to be stored in, he can start by first importing and selling refined product to raise funds.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Hotice007: 12:15am On May 14, 2022
CamusMidas:
If I say I am having cash constraint, wuna go say I broke.
B4 unkor? Dangote fit decide to sell shares tomorrow make billions....you fit do am So technically, dangote can't be broke hence the word cash constrict is more suitable compared to you smiley

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Nobody: 3:17am On May 14, 2022
Phaantom22:

We're talking big refinery you're talking politics wetin concerned agbero with overload? cry

Did you just relocate to Nigeria today? Who makes all the policies that affect businesses?
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by c900: 4:38am On May 14, 2022
He should sell 10percent to Nigerians.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by obailala(m): 4:58am On May 14, 2022
ufotunang:
.... that is why the country should be restructured ..by restructuring of the country...the states will have control of their own resources, mineral resources and generate more money from it for themselves and they will have enough money to build their own refineries...the small allocation the federal government gives the state it's not enough or adequate for state to build refinery..with the allocation they have to do other things and nothing will remain to build refinery
Dont let those useless thieving state governors deceive you with their scam excuses; the states currently have sufficient autonomy to build their own refineries if they truly want to. Any person who tells you otherwise is a bloody liar.

Regarding the idea of states having more money following restructuring, that's another tall tale scam from the pit of hell which the dubious governors deceive you with. Currently, about 30 or more states of the federation receive more money from Abuja than they generate themselves; if there's restructuring today, over 30 states will get poorer (the tide MAY change after a decade if the governors choose to wake up).

So if the governors cant get their acts together today to build refineries now that they get more money, how will they build it when they get less? The money will appear automatically?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Nobody: 7:25am On May 14, 2022
rinzaugustine:

People like who if I may ask? He has always been a Lagos boy now.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by Phaantom22: 8:35am On May 14, 2022
Reinaldo:

Did you just relocate to Nigeria today? Who makes all the policies that affect businesses?
Legislation
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by budaatum: 2:28pm On May 14, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

And you’re okay with the idea of his wealth growing with the help of public funds?

Are you uncomfortable that Musk grew his wealth with the help of public funds?

2 Likes

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by budaatum: 2:34pm On May 14, 2022
Hedonini:

Nice try. But apples and oranges my friend. Apples and oranges.

They are both fruits.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by kkins25(m): 3:32pm On May 14, 2022
budaatum:

I don't know why people are pained about the government subsidies that he enjoys. Many other companies get the same, even Huawei in China is supported by their government.

What government in its right senses (oh shit, I forgot, the Nigerian govt is here) would kill a dream that would not only advance science but put their nation ahead of others especially when it comes to space tech. Not even only space tech, look at Tesla for crying out loud. lol.

I hope he gets more funds. i want to at least see humans get more info on more planets before i die.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by StAmbrose1(m): 10:27pm On May 14, 2022
betabread:
Before dangote urea is 8000 per bag now its 20k.........

I pity anybody that claims this man is the messiah

Nigerians must buy fuel at 1000 per liter on completion
I heard Urea is one of the ingredients for making IEDs.
I am sure such is done to reduce its availability.
I think MOP and DAP are still the same prices.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by StAmbrose1(m): 10:48pm On May 14, 2022
saxby:
Na wa o, cash constraints? Even with all the loans?
They made an engineering mistake that increased the total cost from 9b$ to 19b$ I think. So the loans were taken with an aim in mind.
Re: Dangote Unable To Complete Refinery By 2023 Over 'Cash Constraints' - Report by 1stGenAmerican(f): 11:48pm On May 14, 2022
budaatum:

I’m not uncomfortable at all, especially since Musk’s corporations are appropriately regulated and taxed. Looted and washed public funds can’t be compared to documented and budgeted Government subsidies. Dangote and Elon Musk are two different types of men who head two very different types of companies. The US as a whole benefits both directly and indirectly from the advancements made by Tesla and Space X but I can’t say the same for Dangote.

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Banks In Fresh Trouble Over TSA / YOUWIN Extends Application Deadline Till Jan 21, 2014 / How to Start Mobile Data Reselling Business in Nigeria 2021 With Little Capital

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 65
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.