Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,735 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:34 PM

US Work Visa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / US Work Visa (1194 Views)

US Work Visa, / US: We Don’t Issue New Type Of Work Visa, Don’t Become A Victim / Poland Work Visa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

US Work Visa by InoGetJoy: 2:44pm On May 15, 2022
My employer is looking to assist me relocate to the US and continue working for him as the distance is a problem with my job.
Can anyone provide me with any information that I'll need to know? I need details especially from people who have migrated with work visa.
Please help a brother
Re: US Work Visa by Dohyn3(f): 2:21am On May 16, 2022
Congrats Sheblayze! I've been an avid reader of your diary for a long time and I'm so happy for you. cheesy
Also, I guess your podcast name (location) would change. Haha
Re: US Work Visa by 1stGenAmerican(f): 5:27am On May 16, 2022
InoGetJoy:
My employer is looking to assist me relocate to the US and continue working for him as the distance is a problem with my job.
Can anyone provide me with any information that I'll need to know? I need details especially from people who have migrated with work visa.
Please help a brother

Is your employer based here in the US?
Re: US Work Visa by InoGetJoy: 7:04am On May 16, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Is your employer based here in the US?
Yes he is
Re: US Work Visa by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:12am On May 16, 2022
InoGetJoy:

Yes he is

Is there a Human Resources representative or group? If your employee/your position meet the criteria then Human Resources or the owner fills and submits form I-129 for you because the job is sponsoring the visa.
Re: US Work Visa by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:14am On May 16, 2022
/
Re: US Work Visa by InoGetJoy: 7:34am On May 16, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

Is there a Human Resources representative or group? If your employee/your position meet the criteria then Human Resources or the owner fills and submits form I-129 for you because the job is sponsoring the visa.
The owner is the one who wants to fill the form and sponsor the visa.

This page, https://www.uscis.gov/i-129, says for i-129 is for a nonimmigrant worker to come to the United States temporarily to perform services or labor.

He's filling form I-140 for an EB-2 or EB-3 visa for permanent residence
Re: US Work Visa by 1stGenAmerican(f): 7:56am On May 16, 2022
InoGetJoy:

The owner is the one who wants to fill the form and sponsor the visa.

This page, https://www.uscis.gov/i-129, says for i-129 is for a nonimmigrant worker to come to the United States temporarily to perform services or labor.

He's filling form I-140 for an EB-2 or EB-3 visa for permanent residence

I-129 is the right form. Permanent residence isnt considered before the worker is in the US performing the job temporarily.
I-40 his employer must prove to the US government he has extraordinary talent, no workers in the US are capable of doing his job, and that it’s unlikely any workers in the US will become available. The employer should know this.
Re: US Work Visa by InoGetJoy: 11:57am On May 16, 2022
1stGenAmerican:

I-129 is the right form. Permanent residence isnt considered before the worker is in the US performing the job temporarily.
I-40 his employer must prove to the US government he has extraordinary talent, no workers in the US are capable of doing his job, and that it’s unlikely any workers in the US will become available. The employer should know this.
Good one. Thanks a million, I'll let him know
Re: US Work Visa by Kennetheno: 10:24am On Dec 01, 2023
Good day and Happy New Month
I'm currently residing in Nigeria and a Nigerian citizen as well, I'm at the verge of being offered a job at the United States but my potential employer is asking that I get a temporary I-551 stamp on my Nigerian passport or temporary I-551 printed notation on a machine readable immigrant visa. Attached with this mail is the document sent to me by my potential employer with what is required of me encircled. Please can anyone guide me on how to go about this and what are the requirements needed for me to attain this status.
Thank you so much as I look forward to prompt and favourable response.

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Man Battles Australian Immigration Over Seized Foods & Custard (video) / Accommodation Needed In Lagos / I Need An Info From Someone Based In Germany

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.