Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,271 members, 7,836,223 topics. Date: Tuesday, 21 May 2024 at 11:41 PM

As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids - Family (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids (14523 Views)

Why Are some Men Neglected In Marriage By Their Wives After Having Kids? / I Have Decided To Marry Her Corpse / Finally, I Have Decided To Leave Him (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Go Down)

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On May 20, 2022
bakar007:
1. Try to get a child believe me you d regret it in future if you don't. When you get much older when most of these things we find fun in no longer matters and you begin to look back at life, your choices ,your attainment , your children will be your legacy and the positive you see irrespective of how your life is then.
It okay to try to work on yourself , having a child doesn't in anyway stop you from doing that. Hope you find the answers you re looking for.
So, she should basically have a child she can afflict with her burdens and in her old age? undecided

When I tell people that African parents don't understand what it means to love their children, folks think I am simply speaking for the sake of it. undecided

2 Likes

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Kobojunkie: 4:09pm On May 20, 2022
JideMakinwa:
Interesting. You are not depressed. You are just facing reality. Welcome to the club. I'll like to meet with you.
Mental illness is a good enough reason to choose against adding additional burdens- marriage, children etc., - to one's existence. undecided
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by omorttee4u(m): 4:11pm On May 20, 2022
You don't have good partner. If a lady decided to be with a man or to date a man, probability of getting married is high.

A lady only have this your ideology triggered by a disappointment, gilt from a past relationship or a fear of being dominant or a toxic affair I go on and on of the reason you detest from getting married.

For all the reason, if by any chance in your life, you welcome men for relationship, you could meet, that good man that will respect you for that, now I see why some ladies opt for a married men, just to have their space more.

You need to close your heart on positive vibes. Reading negative stuff online, especially a stories that makes front page against ladies this days, could give some weak ladies mental imbalance against marriage. Whereas, is a beautiful thing , when you meet that reasonable man, you both think alike. And God bless you with money.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by olajigaolamide: 4:12pm On May 20, 2022
Kindly take good care of yourself and I wish you goodluck and all the best.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Legalese(m): 4:14pm On May 20, 2022
Marriage is not mandatory.
I think you should consider adopting though. It is not good, even for mental health, for a person to be totally alone, especially at old age.

I like your kind of person though...pragmatic and decisive. I wish you well.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by bakar007: 4:17pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
So, she should basically have a child she can afflict with her burdens and in her old age? undecided

When I tell people that African parents don't understand what it means to love their children, folks think I am simply speaking for the sake of it. undecided

There's no single Human without problems or "burden" , or is everything perfect with Ur parents Is there something called perfection is upbringing? All the affections in the world doesn't guarantee happiness or a bright future for a child , we should be clear on that .

Making the quote " African parents" lol , depends on what love is to you I love my parents , I see their love through their dedication to my wellness and investment in my life not because of a "perfect childhood" experience .

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Chinny024(f): 4:18pm On May 20, 2022
Marriage is a predisposing factor to mental illness itself..

You have taken the best decision!!!
You can adopt 2 children of 3-5yrs old legally anytime you desires and ready.

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Kobojunkie: 4:18pm On May 20, 2022
Legalese:
Marriage is not mandatory.
I think you should consider adopting though. It is not good, even for mental health, for a person to be totally alone, especially at old age.

I like your kind of person though...pragmatic and decisive. I wish you well.
So when a person is alone, the next best thing to prescribe is Children? Do you folks have a beating heart at all? undecided
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Nobody: 4:18pm On May 20, 2022
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by solla22: 4:18pm On May 20, 2022
Poswahala:
Guys I genuinely need some advice
Because of the state of my mental health I have decided never to get married or have kids, I suffer from intense depression and anxiety and other mental health problems. I'm unsure of my own future talk more of a child.
I do love being in relationships but I do that only for companionship and sex.
I don't know if I will regret my decision. The guys I have dated have been cool with my no marriage proposal but I don't think any Nigerian man will not want kids.
I'm thinking of moving to another country, buy a house, take care of my community and neighbors then when I'm old, I will move to a retirement home.
If I change my mind I can adopt a child, am not against adoption as I am with marriage, it depends on if my mental health improves

The problem I have is that will I be lonely without a child, like I said I'm not into marriage despite being a woman trained in traditional home, it's not that I hate it or anything, it's not just for me. I will be unhappy being married.
But the child thing is bothering me, I always wanted a child, but i don't want my mental health to prevent me from loving and caring for the child.
Please advise

I can understand the no-marriage.. But why no-children? did you share this with your immediate family (parents et al) ?
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Kobojunkie: 4:23pm On May 20, 2022
bakar007:
1. There's no single Human without problems or "burden" , or is everything perfect with Ur parents Is there something called perfection is upbringing? All the affections in the world doesn't guarantee happiness or a bright future for a child , we should be clear on that .

2. Making the quote " African parents" lol , depends on what love is to you I love my parents , I see their love through their dedication to my wellness and investment in my life not because of a "perfect childhood" experience .
1. So, because everyone has a problem is reason why it is OK then to conflict hurt and pain on children, even when we know it isn't the right thing to do? undecided

2. My upbringing wasn't perfect however I learnt from the experience so that I can be a better person than my parents and their parents before them. undecided

If you think life is simply about repeating even the mistakes of the past, then I dare say, your existence may be a part of the problem that is this world.. undecided

2. If that is what you think love is.... then you sure make my point which again is that Africans don't know how to love their children. undecided
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Kobojunkie: 4:24pm On May 20, 2022
jackcanfield:
smiley Sometimes Kids come on their own volution, so stop deceiving yourself, in fact this days kids ping their parents from the heavenly place they are residing to notify them that they are coming or would be coming soon ... So what will be will be ...continue your companionship for sex you hear.
Is that a mumu way of relinquishing sexual responsibility or something?, undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Nobody: 4:25pm On May 20, 2022
smiley Sometimes Kids come on their own volution, so stop deceiving yourself, in fact this days kids ping their parents from the heavenly place they are residing to notify them that they want to come or would be coming soon ... So what will be will be ...continue your companionship for sex you hear.... instead of you to seek advice on how to cure your mental challenge you are seeking advice on how to stop a future somebody from coming to the world. My advice is for you to have planned parenthood, don't bring a child to this world to suffer but to enjoy the Lord's goodness, if you can freeze your egg freeze it. Remember Companionship is a partnership , so you have a help mate.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Nobody: 4:27pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Is that a mumu way of relinquishing sexual responsibility or something?, undecided
sorry I haven't finished my write up when you commented.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:29pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You dey read at all? undecided

Would you believe your if shes pregnant buh u used condom on her? Answer?
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Olufemiolaolu(m): 4:29pm On May 20, 2022
Poswahala:
Because of the state of my mental health I have decided never to get married or have kids, I suffer from intense depression and anxiety and other mental health problems. I'm unsure of my own future talk more of a child.
I don't know if I will regret my decision. The guys I have dated have been cool with my no marriage proposal but I don't think any Nigerian man will not want kids.
I'm thinking of moving to another country, buy a house, take care of my community and neighbors then when I'm old, I will move to a retirement home.
If I change my mind I can adopt a child, am not against adoption as I am with marriage, it depends on if my mental health improves

The problem I have is that will I be lonely without a child, like I said I'm not into marriage despite being a woman trained in traditional home, it's not that I hate it or anything, it's not just for me. I will be unhappy being married.
But the child thing is bothering me, I always wanted a child, but i don't want my mental health to prevent me from loving and caring for the child.
Please advise
You aren't married yet, you àrè certaín you won't be happy. I believe íts the way you have conditioned your mind to think that is affecting your mental health. You can óvercome this challenge and phase íf only you condition your mind to think positively. It's well with you
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Foodlovers: 4:30pm On May 20, 2022
Well your life your choices
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Kobojunkie: 4:30pm On May 20, 2022
Funkyswagzz:
Would you believe your if shes pregnant buh u used condom on her? Answer?
Op says she does not want to children at all. undecided
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Acidbath: 4:30pm On May 20, 2022
To each, his own.

Money must be made regardless.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Kobojunkie: 4:31pm On May 20, 2022
Olufemiolaolu:
You aren't married yet, you àrè certaín you won't be happy. I believe íts the way you have conditioned your mind to think that is affecting your mental health. You can óvercome this challenge and phase íf only you condition your mind to think positively. It's well with you
Mental illness has to do with a conditioning of the mind? Are you folks for real? undecided

1 Like

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by BTCog: 4:33pm On May 20, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise
Share your picture so that we can assess whether whether it is because of your ugliness. Your status as to beautiful or ugly can help us to advise you.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by GUDABILITY: 4:33pm On May 20, 2022
To me the fact about this that you don't want to tell us is simple.
Going with the way you are sounding, you must be a career woman. Career women never love marriage because they hate being ordered around. As a human and a guy, have also said several times that I'm going into contract marriage to have my kids. But thinking about it again, what do you think will be the outcome when you are growing old.
My advice is, don't live a life that you will end up regretting someday. Thanks.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Acidosis(m): 4:34pm On May 20, 2022
Have you tried to imagine life at 50 without money, partner, or children?

I think you should rethink your plans. The type of mental health condition that will prevent you from raising a family can as well prevent you from making money or being productive at work.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Funkyswagzz(m): 4:39pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Op says she does not want to children at all. undecided

When u believe what a woman says den u will hav a very big problem.. its not good for u bro
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Precious2God: 4:40pm On May 20, 2022
I don't believe ds Shitty story, I believe you have ds opinion b'cos you never jam love. If you keep bf for companionship and sex why not kuku marry and have children.
I know for sure the natural mother-child love will even improve your mental health
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Elibakon: 4:41pm On May 20, 2022
Don't over think things, just live life and focus on yourself and mental health,people that don't have kids still thrive, you can travel the world, pick a hobby, date as much as you want or do something to fill your time.
I do want to get married but i don't want kids, I've been with guys that feel exactly the same way. Life will go on, we will be fine.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Kobojunkie: 4:45pm On May 20, 2022
Precious2God:
I don't believe ds Shitty story, I believe you have ds opinion b'cos you never jam love. If you keep bf for companionship and sex why not kuku marry and have children.
I know for sure the natural mother-child love will even improve your mental health
The natural what? undecided

So the cases of mothers out there who eventually committed suicide due for stress - mental illness related issues- you conveniently feign ignorance of, abi? undecided

As for your claim that companionship and sex should leave to having kids. Should we also ignore the wonderful stories of marriage couples who had no kids of their own. undecided

Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Mercisharelove(f): 4:48pm On May 20, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise

It's not a public talk reach out let us talk. I will be waiting
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by bakar007: 4:48pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. So, because everyone has a problem is reason why it is OK then to conflict hurt and pain on children, even when we know it isn't the right thing to do? undecided

2. My upbringing wasn't perfect however I learnt from the experience so that I can be a better person than my parents and their parents before them. undecided

If you think life is simply about repeating even the mistakes of the past, then I dare say, your existence may be a part of the problem that is this world.. undecided

2. If that is what you think love is.... then you sure make my point which again is that Africans don't know how to love their children. undecided

What is love according to you ?

No one is saying give birth to a child to inflict hurt on them , clearly was never specific what issues she dealing with ? Will having a child stop her from working on herself? If it doesn't why not?

Every parents wants the best for their children but the world isn't perfect either , we do our best while facing the challenges of life.

Life is a circle whether you like or not there will always be problems and challenges beyond our control. So making choices base on our emotions is never the best choice .

I always tell people never be selfish with your decisions as the "future you" will be hoping you don't make wrong choices that she be regretting tomorrow while living the reality of the choice you made base on emotions or circumstances of today.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Owopariola01: 4:50pm On May 20, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise

Just be a second wife to any man that is willing.
Re: As A Woman I Have Decided I'm Never Getting Married Or Having Kids by Nobody: 4:52pm On May 20, 2022
Poswahala:

Please advise

You own your life and entitled to whatever makes you happy.

You don’t need any advice. Do what makes you happy

(1) (2) (3) (4)

Photos Of Mother's Day Laughter & Joy / 5 Benefits Of Having Self-love / What A Married Woman Did Because Of Money - Nigeriapulse.com

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 67
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.