Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,211 members, 7,829,344 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 03:31 AM

Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood (599 Views)

Lagos Govt bans sale, Use & distribution of take-away Packs, Single-use Plastics / 6 Groups Of People Most Likely To Contract HIV In Nigeria / Transformation Photos Of A Lady Living With HIV In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by kingi777: 6:36pm On May 16, 2022
I have been in near trauma on what to do concerning the happening in my neighbourhood. I run a diagnostic centre in a capital city somewhere in North Central Nigeria. Our profession prohibits disclosing the health status of a patient without his consent. There's this young handsome man that came to our centre to complain of incessant sickness. After collecting his blood and did the necessary routine tests, lo and behold the guy was HIV positive. I counselled him to visit heart to heart centre for confirmation and other follow ups. He begged me not to disclose his status while I told him it's ethically wrong to disclose what he did in my facility. But I observed that this handsome guy has been distributing this HIV disease to girls even in secondary school. I wont lie to you, the guy is handsome and has flows to convince ladies from my observation. Though he's poor in the sense that he is yet to secure a job. Another of my observation is that he might belong to a cult judging from his peers. He respects me a lot and run errands like carrying my bag when he sees me alighting from my car. I like him as a person but his attitude of distribution of this HIV is getting me crazy. I don't know if to confront him to advice him to desist from this distribution. On the other hand, my safety is also my concern. Please how do we save humanity from this menace?
Dominique, Sissy3
Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by VeeVeeMyLuv(m): 6:51pm On May 16, 2022
Idiotic Nigerians believe that aids is no longer a senior disease. So therefore they feel that once the consenting adult is ravishingly good looking, extremely attractive, they just dive in raw without asking any questions.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by JOACHINpedro: 6:51pm On May 16, 2022
lipsrsealed omo! Na to suspend lashing till further notice

1 Like

Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by youngsahito(m): 6:53pm On May 16, 2022
kingi777:
I have been in near trauma on what to do concerning the happening in my neighbourhood. I run a diagnostic centre in a capital city somewhere in North Central Nigeria. Our profession prohibits disclosing the health status of a patient without his consent. There's this young handsome man that came to our centre to complain of incessant sickness. After collecting his blood and did the necessary routine tests, lo and behold the guy was HIV positive. I counselled him to visit heart to heart centre for confirmation and other follow ups. He begged me not to disclose his status while I told him it's ethically wrong to disclose what he did in my facility. But I observed that this handsome guy has been distributing this HIV disease to girls even in secondary school. I wont lie to you, the guy is handsome and has flows to convince ladies from my observation. Though he's poor in the sense that he is yet to secure a job. Another of my observation is that he might belong to a cult judging from his peers. He respects me a lot and run errands like carrying my bag when he sees me alighting from my car. I like him as a person but his attitude of distribution of this HIV is getting me crazy. I don't know if to confront him to advice him to desist from this distribution. On the other hand, my safety is also my concern. Please how do we save humanity from this menace?
Dominique, Sissy3
you have to report him to the police about such wicked act.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by Hankonyibu(m): 6:53pm On May 16, 2022
Distance yourself before he tries to infect you
Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by Nobody: 6:59pm On May 16, 2022
You need to "advise" him to desist from such demonic acts. But if i were in your shoes, na to threaten am. He might just be a second away from infecting someone close to you. And it is very likely he doesn't stick to his arv drugs that is if he takes them at all. Na mumu go dey do raw anyhow these days. STDs too plenty for "outside" .
Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by mymadam(m): 7:00pm On May 16, 2022
Hankonyibu:
Distance yourself before he tries to infect you

Infect him? As in?

1 Like

Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by duduade: 7:30pm On May 16, 2022
JOACHINpedro:
lipsrsealed omo! Na to suspend lashing till further notice
did OP make mention of himself or herself lashing other people within the same community
Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by gaby(m): 7:42pm On May 16, 2022
Precariously confusing.
Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by JOACHINpedro: 8:20pm On May 16, 2022
duduade:
did OP make mention of himself or herself lashing other people within the same community
Omo! This is a rampage. I just pity headmasters amongst us
Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by Kirkman: 10:09pm On May 16, 2022
Kingi777 so you can't report the idiot to the police and have him arrested for infecting innocent people.
Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by kingi777: 10:24pm On May 16, 2022
I'd been bearing this before I summoned courage to post it here on Nairaland in order to get the best advice on how to stop him from further damages without being personally affected. If reporting to police would stop the menace and guarantee my safety why won't I.
Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by Divaan: 12:19am On May 17, 2022
kingi777:
I'd been bearing this before I summoned courage to post it here on Nairaland in order to get the best advice on how to stop him from further damages without being personally affected. If reporting to police would stop the menace and guarantee my safety why won't I.
why would you want to report him to the police when you don't have substantial evidence to proof that he is knowingly infecting others? The best you could do is call him and counsel him. there are many other stds he could get besides hiv by continuing to sleep around. Counsel him on the medical implication of his actions.

1 Like

Re: Free Distribution Of HIV In My Neighbourhood by BigYash: 8:17am On May 17, 2022
Some many persons are infected, and they are sharing it. Girls are not left out. Na who dey Bleep anyhow ,go collect woto woto..

Some will have gono or scabies,and won't run test .. They will run to pharmacy to get drugs. Forgetting that ,someone that gave you gono is capable of giving you HIV or hepatitis too.

Some guys and girls no just wise.

(1) (Reply)

How Do I Treat This Stubborn Malaria. / Pls Cal Clinical Dietician / Please House, Is It Through That Sugar, Salt And Flour Shouldn't Be Too Consumed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.