Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,054 members, 7,863,741 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 03:07 AM

Does Your Institution Of Study Matter In The Job Market - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Does Your Institution Of Study Matter In The Job Market (255 Views)

List Of Scholarships By Subjects/course Of Study / List Of Programs Of Study And Courses Available In Delta State Polytechnic Otefe / After Years Of Graduation, Can You Still Define Your Course Of Study? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Your Institution Of Study Matter In The Job Market by LabelKiller(m): 1:18pm On May 17, 2022
Good day everyone!
This is my first post on nairaland, i normally just read through threads here so cheers!

I've been wondering if your institution of study really matters in the Labour market in Nigeria (like seeking entry-level jobs).
My younger sister's result in the just concluded UTME exams was 223 and intends to study Mass communication in Unilag, on seeing the result and comparing with the cut-off mark for last year at UNILAG, i concluded it wasn't good enough as she might not cover up for it from the Post utme and WAEC scoring system.
So I wanted to advise her to do a change of course to English language.
Is it advisable to do a change of course or just change to another institution (to study mass comm) at like LASU, YABATECH or LAUTECH or just Change to another course at UNILAG.

Hence the question, "does your institution of study matter in the job market."
Are there any advantages of graduating from a "better" school?
I am a final year student at unilag, but i did same thing of settling for a "better" school instead of a much better, relevant and in-demand course at a lesser or lower grade university
Thanks!
Re: Does Your Institution Of Study Matter In The Job Market by adenadex: 7:22pm On May 30, 2022
LabelKiller:
Good day everyone!
This is my first post on nairaland, i normally just read through threads here so cheers!

I've been wondering if your institution of study really matters in the Labour market in Nigeria (like seeking entry-level jobs).
My younger sister's result in the just concluded UTME exams was 223 and intends to study Mass communication in Unilag, on seeing the result and comparing with the cut-off mark for last year at UNILAG, i concluded it wasn't good enough as she might not cover up for it from the Post utme and WAEC scoring system.
So I wanted to advise her to do a change of course to English language.
Is it advisable to do a change of course or just change to another institution (to study mass comm) at like LASU, YABATECH or LAUTECH or just Change to another course at UNILAG.

Hence the question, "does your institution of study matter in the job market."
Are there any advantages of graduating from a "better" school?
I am a final year student at unilag, but i did same thing of settling for a "better" school instead of a much better, relevant and in-demand course at a lesser or lower grade university
Thanks!

(1) (Reply)

Jambites, Know These Before You Resume Higher Education In Nigeria. / Niagara College Caribbean Scholarships Canada / I'm Done With My Final Year Exam.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.