Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,058 members, 7,852,589 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:58 PM

Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election (492 Views)

Netanyahu Blasts Biden Admin For Rejecting GOP Effort To Sanction ICC / Meteor Lights Up The Night Sky Over Oklahoma USA (pics, Video) / Biden Uses 'inshallah' In Response To Trump During Debate, Lighting Up Twitter (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by Teazer4(m): 1:23am On May 19, 2022
Elon Musk just announces he's voting Republican. Well, what would you expect from a genius?'

Twitter is reeling after Elon Musk claimed that he will be voting for Republican

During a live episode of the All-In Podcast at a Miami tech conference, Musk told his hosts that he would be voting Republican in the upcoming elections despite his track record of almost exclusively voting Democrat.

He stated, "I have voted overwhelmingly for Democrats, historically – overwhelmingly. Like, I'm not sure, I might never have voted for a Republican, just to be clear. Now this election, I will."

The Tesla CEO provided some insight into the reasoning for his political switch, claiming that Democrats aren’t necessarily controlled by the people but by special interests.

The issue here is that the Democrat Party is overly controlled by the unions and by the trial lawyers – particularly the class action lawyers," he explained.

He added, "And generally if you see something that is not in the interest of the people on the Democrat side, it's going to come because of unions – which is just another form of monopoly – and the trial lawyers."

He did ding Republicans a tad, however, claiming their side’s problems come from "corporate evil and religious zealotry." Musk has claimed to be a "moderate" in the past.

Still, the news that Musk would vote for Republicans in the next cycle stunned Twitter users.

https://www foxnews com/media/elon- musk-lights-twitter-announcement-hell-vote-republican-next-election

Re: Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by HITsquad: 1:42am On May 19, 2022
Dude is successful and I admire him... I'm his big fan... but the way he loves to trend on social media is sometimes childish.

I stopped taking him very serious the day he challenged Putin to a fist fight on his Twitter handle... people are dying in Ukraine and you busy catching cruise just for attention...

Dude is sometimes like a teenager girl on TikTok!

He still my role model... but I honestly don't think he's actually interested in buying Twitter... he probably just want to make headlines.

I mean you can't be talking about unbanning Trump and all these other vital changes this early. Trump issues is sensitive,the Same Twitter board that's gonna approve your Twitter takeover were still the ones that approved the banning of Trump! you see?

Musk is just playing around...
Re: Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by Teazer4(m): 2:24am On May 19, 2022
Oo

Re: Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by MANNABBQGRILLS: 2:48am On May 19, 2022
Billionaires do not get involved publicly in politics.......

4 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by chopnaira: 5:02am On May 19, 2022
post=112966244:
Billionaires do not get involved publicly in politics.......
Thats why he lost $12 billion yesterday and got really mad. He was transfering his agression to exxon mobil too cheesy.

https://twitter.com/DiegoDarwin2021/status/1527026591913623554?t=nANoLlVzCJ27Th0DQrZQ5g&s=19

The republicans dont even buy battery cars. They love their Ford (F150 - F350) and dodge ram (1500 - 3500) trucks.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by chopnaira: 5:10am On May 19, 2022
HITsquad:
Dude is successful and I admire him... I'm his big fan... but the way he loves to trend on social media is sometimes childish.

I stopped taking him very serious the day he challenged Putin to a fist fight on his Twitter handle... people are dying in Ukraine and you busy catching cruise just for attention...

He still my role model... but I honestly don't think he's actually interested in buying Twitter... he probably just want to make headlines.

I mean you can't be talking about unbanning Trump and all these other vital changes this early. Trump issues is sensitive,the Same Twitter board that's gonna approve your Twitter takeover were still the ones that approved the banning of Trump! you see?

Dude is not buying twitter but acting like a kid ip and down. He said he thinks more than 5% of twitter users are fake.

Heck, who doesnt know that before especially someone of his status. I mean we were all here when data was released that over 60% of trump supporters om twitter were fake. Maybe he thought it was a joke grin

Re: Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by VictorUSA(m): 5:51am On May 19, 2022
I noticed that something will be strange when Ron Desantis, a Republican, was backing Elon Musk to aquire Twitter, but was just wondering what could have brought a life long Democrat and a stauncq Republican so close.I think Biden's decision to snub his electric car company also played a part in this unprecedented change.Lenny Curry, another staunch Republican, is courting Musk's twitter to the Sunshine State is another great influence.

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by Obrigardo: 5:55am On May 19, 2022
A south african whose parents got rich in the Apartheid era, and who pretends to be smart because he BOUGHT some companies he didn't make from the ground up, and who cozies to riffraffs who would never buy his failing tesla cars is not a voice of reason. No one gives a damn about elon's choices as of now he's just an unravelling coward in the eyes of the world. Recently he's been failing on all his promises. What a coward.
Re: Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by Obrigardo: 5:57am On May 19, 2022
Teazer4:
Elon Musk just announces he's voting Republican. [s]Well, what would you expect from a genius?[/s]'

Utter pure trash. elon musk a genius? let me laugh well grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by chopnaira: 6:59am On May 19, 2022
VictorUSA:
I noticed that something will be strange when Ron Desantis, a Republican, was backing Elon Musk to aquire Twitter, but was just wondering what could have brought a life long Democrat and a stauncq Republican so close.I think Biden's decision to snub his electric car company also played a part in this unprecedented change.Lenny Curry, another staunch Republican, is courting Musk's twitter to the Sunshine State is another great influence.
Yup

Dude is a man baby.

Re: Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by Blackfire(m): 1:37am On May 20, 2022
Big man talk...poor men say him get idea
Re: Elon Musk Lights Up Twitter After Declaring He'll Vote GOP Next Election by FreeIgboho: 2:52am On May 20, 2022
HITsquad:

Playing around ke.
I guess you didn’t see this below:

(1) (Reply)

Zelensky Reveals Size Of Ukrainian Force Fighting Russia / Inside Ethiopia’s BRUTAL Civil War; Christians PERSECUTED, Deadlier Than Ukraine / Sri Lanka President Flees As Citizens, Soldiers Invade Residence Over Poverty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.