Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,350 members, 7,836,422 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 07:32 AM

5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos - Education (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos (39202 Views)

“The Suffering Boy Has Graduated”- Man Who Did Menial Jobs To Sponsor His School / AAU Student Drowns During A Picnic Organized By Her Hostel.. (video) / Nigerian Student In Taiwan University Makes His School Raise The Nigerian Flag. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by bigdammyj: 8:38pm On May 19, 2022
Noted
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by letitrainnow(m): 8:39pm On May 19, 2022
Drowning
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by everythinggirly(f): 8:39pm On May 19, 2022
Please for goodness sake this is not America, this child is still tender for heaven's sake! Ah ah! Is swimming part of his scheme of work?

Hit me up for your academic research writing services!
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by ppogba: 8:39pm On May 19, 2022
Someone should please enlighten me on what a 5. year old living in Lagos and not Niger Delta needs a swimming lesson for
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Hdhdhd(m): 8:39pm On May 19, 2022
You guys are not current. I have head this news since yesterday
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by compton11(m): 8:40pm On May 19, 2022
These stupid private schools always allowing stupid shit.s

2 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by hopexter(m): 8:41pm On May 19, 2022
MerciMe:
Why do 5-10 years need swimming practice sessions for heaven's sakes?

It' high time school owners vet non-schooling engagements they expose their students to. See, now, such good will and years of efforts will flush through the drain over some non-sensical activity that would have been suggested by a fool

It’s normal to schools, this one in particular is just being careless for not having enough lifeguards on ground. The school should be shut down indefinitely and those in charge prosecuted for negligence and murder angry angry
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Discountsempai: 8:42pm On May 19, 2022
MerciMe:

It' high time school owners vet non-schooling engagements they expose their students to. See, now, such good will and years of efforts will flush through the drain over some non-sensical activity that would have been suggested by a fool

Nothing wrong with a 5 to ten year old taking swimming lessons

A Google search puts the best age to start at one to four years.

It was just bad supervision here at fault, for which the school and hotel take the blame
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by GloriousGbola: 8:43pm On May 19, 2022
Golan007:

Nothing wrong with kids learning to swim.

However, all safety protocols MUST be in place.

Nigerians in general aren't safety conscious.

Nigerians do not understand safety protocols and are contemptuous of them.

Go and see parents with their unsecured toddlers in the drivers seats of cars.

Same way see the mad, careless drivers of school buses.

My wife made sure the kids knew how to swim, but she was with them the entire time.

There was no Paranoia on anyone's part in this incident ;not the school, not the hotel.

This incidentally is also how DBanj's toddler died a few years back in an indoor swimming pool.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Discountsempai: 8:44pm On May 19, 2022
ppogba:
Someone should please enlighten me on what a 5. year old living in Lagos and not Niger Delta needs a swimming lesson for

It is very very good exercise.

All the people I have known who were regular swimmers have well toned bodies.

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by NamelessOGBENI(m): 8:44pm On May 19, 2022
This is not good.

Another reason I don't go near water.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Mina79(f): 8:45pm On May 19, 2022
The kind of over Sabi this private schools are into these days is disheartening, they introduce dangerous activities in the name of trying to make a difference and they never put modalities in place for safety of the children.
May the kid's soul find rest.

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Tobidarker02: 8:45pm On May 19, 2022
MerciMe:

Is this a joke?
Even a 2years old child should learn how to swim.
It's just unfortunate this went sideways

3 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Shadysen: 8:46pm On May 19, 2022
Before I even watch the video finish someone would be drop dead.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by chloride6: 8:46pm On May 19, 2022
Aah!
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Discountsempai: 8:47pm On May 19, 2022
everythinggirly:
Please for goodness sake this is not America, this child is still tender for heaven's sake! Ah ah! Is swimming part of his scheme of work?

Hit me up for your academic research writing services!

Swimming regularly is good exercise.
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by edosignature(m): 8:48pm On May 19, 2022
Such a sad story, as a parent I feel their pain.

The son voice will continue to ring in their memory till the end of ages.

Rest On Young Blood.

2 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by pargelenis(m): 8:48pm On May 19, 2022
cry cry
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Rawtruth1: 8:48pm On May 19, 2022
The school authorities should be sued and criminal case pressed against them. Nonsense

1 Like

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Diligent1(f): 8:48pm On May 19, 2022
Oh my God
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Badgers14: 8:49pm On May 19, 2022
MerciMe:

There's nothing wrong with 5 -10 years taking on swimming lessons.

The problem here is the school were negligent.

It is ridiculous that someone that went for swimming training drowned. Were they been trained in Atlantic Ocean? It's gotta be in a swimming pool and why was there no adult and or lifeguard watching the kids at all times? This is the problem!
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Anetorfavour: 8:49pm On May 19, 2022
MerciMe:

A swimming class for a young lad as 5-6 years is not entirely wrong per-say! Haven said that i think lack of proper supervision is the reason for such a colossal lose on the part of the parents! A child as young as 3 -4 years s already a professianal swimmer in warri delta state! Is quite unfortunate this ended this way! My condolences to the bereaved family!
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by snoopz: 8:50pm On May 19, 2022
Resorts dey lag well well, wth is a primary school child doing with swimming lesson especially when the life guard is obviously not aware of the situation that kids tends to be funny sometimes, that school and swimming pool management just wasted that nigga's life
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Nobody: 8:51pm On May 19, 2022
Mayng01:
And finally, the village people don catch the proprietor
... In a bid to milk money from the parents of those children, the school authority will organize trips to Dubai...just like green Field school, this one na swimming competition....

The school should be made to pay a fine that they will not recover from for the next 5 years

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by ppogba: 8:52pm On May 19, 2022
Poverty mentality is one of our biggest problems here. Unfortunately, the people mostly affected even though they are not aware are the middle class.

Any little change, an average Nigerian wants to show that "" they have arrived"" with things that matter and the ones that do not matter. Daily in our conversations you hear things like " my child' s school fees is so and so amount., my children' school provides so and so " etc. Even when those things are just meant to scam them. I can imagine the pride of an average parent whose child is going for swimming lesson.

The other time, someone was boasting to me that each class in her children' s school has a water dispenser. I told her that immediately the children close for the day, the water barrel will be filled from the tank in the school compound.

Mentality!

3 Likes

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by labelle123(f): 8:55pm On May 19, 2022
Chai....
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by Tayorshd2(m): 8:56pm On May 19, 2022
Fasindo:
shocked

Life is not worth anything in this country again

A day will not pass in Nigeria without one hearing one negative story or the other especially death story

Why taking kids to adult natatorial section. The people involve should be punished for their recklessness.
Even as an adult I don't near anything body of water, even the children swimming poll I don't near it.

Am also a PHE teacher or swimming instructor how can they take kids to an adult pool ..mwhereby if d pool was a shallow one for d children even if they fall in it there will be no problem ....

So in conclusion the lifeguard must be punished jailed and even the school need to be sued for using an adult reservations for kids shocked

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by foreshore(m): 8:57pm On May 19, 2022
onthehill:
Five-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos (Photo)

https://www.instagram.com/p/CduvvH5tlpL/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

So sad
Re: 5-Year-Old Boy Drowns During Swimming Lesson Organised By His School In Lagos by assholemods: 8:57pm On May 19, 2022
MerciMe:

There is nothing wrong with a five year old learning how to swim. Age is not the problem here.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Aarinola Olaiya, Obafemi Awolowo University Best Graduating Student / OAU VC, Ogunbodede, Speaks On Sex For Mark Scandal By Richard Akindele / What Do You Think This Guy Is Studying In The University?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.