Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,243 members, 7,822,255 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:04 AM

Fantasy Novels - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Fantasy Novels (3968 Views)

E. Fantasy(short Stories) / All About "JAMES HADLEY CHASE" Novels #ones You'v Read & Experiences / James Hadley Chase Novels: Share Your Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Fantasy Novels by qwest(m): 6:19pm On Jul 14, 2011
ANY LOVER OF FANTASY FICTION ? I WENT TO THE T.V THREAD AND FOUND THAT THE H.B.O ADAPTATION OF THE G.G.R MARTIN' SONG OF ICE AND FIRE SERIES: A GAME OF THRONES, IS MAKING A BIG HIT THERE.

HERE ARE SOME OF MY ALL TIME BESTS. LORD OF THE RING SERIES - J.R.R TOLKIEN, WHEEL OF TIME SERIES - ROBERT JORDAN, A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE SERIES - G.G.R MARTIN, MALAZAN SERIES - STEVEN ERICKSON.

IF YOU R A LOVER OF THE GENRE N HAVE OTHER SERIES YOU FEEL SHOULD BE UP THERE OR A SINGLE NOVEL, DO POST IT.
Re: Fantasy Novels by Xfactor2(f): 12:51am On Jul 16, 2011
Oh  I certainly love fantasy. My favorite being Neil gaiman, he is the demi god of fantasy, closely followed by Terry pratchet. I love j.r Tolkien too andalways take pride j telling ppl how he was born south African even if he couldn't possibly have remembered as they left to uk when he was three at the death of his father.
Re: Fantasy Novels by ragdollz: 7:13pm On Jul 16, 2011
My brothers are fantasy fiends! I read their copy of Game of Thrones years ago. Who knows where I can download an ebook copy??
Re: Fantasy Novels by qwest(m): 7:31pm On Jul 16, 2011
go 2 4shared. n download the calibre software from there or just google calibre+download. the software lets u convert 2 any e-book format you desire, n can sync the converted books 2 ur device once you connect them 2 your pc/mac. have fun.
Re: Fantasy Novels by africhika(f): 8:52pm On Jul 19, 2011
check out nnedi okorafor-mbachu. her futuristic fantasy stories are about "dada haired" girls with supernatural powers
i've read 2 of her novels
Re: Fantasy Novels by ayosmiles(m): 2:24pm On Jul 24, 2011
there av been cool nigerian fantasy writers in recent times. temitayo ilori dooms wing and tope apoola times of the supermen are good books
Re: Fantasy Novels by tpia5: 10:18pm On Jul 26, 2011
synopses?
Re: Fantasy Novels by iice(f): 4:19am On Aug 03, 2011
Anne Rice, Charlaine's Harris, Bram Stoker. . .there's a symmetry there.
I love fantasy.
Re: Fantasy Novels by Brisingr(m): 12:05am On Aug 16, 2011
jim butcher the dresden files
Re: Fantasy Novels by pleep(m): 12:17am On Aug 16, 2011
Pendragon, rangers apprentice, arragon, Gregor the Overlader, bartimaus trilogy, artimis fowl, Edge Ehronics, Redwall etc @topic thnx for bringing back so many good memories. grin
Re: Fantasy Novels by aaidel(m): 1:27am On Aug 16, 2011
a confederacy of dunces john toole
Re: Fantasy Novels by udokpuenyi(m): 7:39am On Aug 16, 2011
My fantasy book (not a novel but a play) is wole shoyinka ' Trial of Brother Jero. I so much love that book especially with the spectacles of abracadabras going on in our church 'industry' today
Re: Fantasy Novels by mrjingles(m): 9:47am On Aug 16, 2011
There's a fantasy novel i read titled "Snowcrash" based on a completely wired world where government has been privatized but i cant remember the name of the author, has anyone read it? The book was listed as one of the top 100 novels of all time by TIME magazine. Was a very very interesting read.
Re: Fantasy Novels by cj1080(m): 12:04pm On Aug 16, 2011
i've been reading books since jss 1, my best books still remain fiction and fantasies from futuristic to ancient blades and tales of magic and ale.
Anne mccartty's pern series and landing series, magret weis date gate and dragons tales.
David webbers starfire series(particularly, On death grounds and The Shiva Option) and honor harrington series.
And lot of other british fantasy writers.
My fun is the way their books let you mind wonder and u picture each scene through page trumping page.
Brilliant.
Re: Fantasy Novels by giftaino: 12:27pm On Aug 16, 2011
My best novel still remain "Flower in the Artic" by V.C. Andrews, very intresting
Re: Fantasy Novels by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 16, 2011
@Giftaino: flowers in the attic isn't a fantasy novel. Although VC Andrews writes well sha.

I love fantasy and have quite a collection. My best include

Lord of the rings trilogy- Tolkien

Hobbit -tolkien

Belgariad series -David Eddings
Malloreon series-David Eddings
Belgarath the sorcerer -David Eddings
Polgara the sorceress- David Eddings
Elenium and Tamuli series -David Eddings

Drenai Novels- David Gemmel
Knight of the swords, Queen of the swords, etc- Michael Moorcock
Warlock Series-Christopher stasheff,
A blackbird in silver- Freda Warrington,

and on and on and on grin grin the joy of reading, lol, also I enjoy sci-fi too!

Im thinking of writing a naija fantasy novel.
Re: Fantasy Novels by starfox(m): 12:51pm On Aug 16, 2011
My best fantasy book is "A Blackbird in Silver" and its sequel by Fred Warringhton.
Re: Fantasy Novels by shoboy9: 2:57pm On Aug 16, 2011
Someone posted this kind of thread a while back. My answer is still robert jordan though.

Does anyone have a copy of gathering storm or towers of midnight out there? I'd like to buy. Or if you know where i can get it.

1 Like

Re: Fantasy Novels by ositadima1(m): 4:15pm On Aug 16, 2011
mayfair witches, vampire chronicles, southern vampire tales, vampire diaries, millenium triologies
Re: Fantasy Novels by ositadima1(m): 4:17pm On Aug 16, 2011
mayfair witches, vampire chronicles, southern vampire tales, vampire diaries, millenium triologies
Re: Fantasy Novels by MMM2(m): 6:18pm On Aug 16, 2011
11 dayz 11 nite angry
By wisky spear :-/
Re: Fantasy Novels by Teediggz: 6:24pm On Aug 16, 2011
For me it has to be Salman Rushdie's "The Satanic Verses". Brilliant book, a unique experience as i had never read Magical Realism before.
Re: Fantasy Novels by bolakale30(m): 7:55am On Aug 17, 2011
Has anyone read George Orwell's 1984, that novel is day Bomb, its my favourite fantasy novel
Re: Fantasy Novels by Bestofamy: 8:44pm On Aug 18, 2011
Crystal River is a must read. This book is very gripping from start to finish, highly imaginative and creative story writing, an excellent start to a trilogy. Check it out from the link below

http://www.esromchronicles.com/
Re: Fantasy Novels by tpia5: 10:48pm On Aug 18, 2011
if anyone knows the title of a sci fi book where people travel to another planet and everything there is run the opposite way of how it's done on earth [govt, taxes, shopping, etc], please drop it here.

i've been searching for this book fruitlessly for ages now- nobody seems to have heard of it.
Re: Fantasy Novels by petesunday: 12:57pm On Aug 19, 2011
This is the link to the book review of Tope Apoola's Times of the Supermen
http://www.booksie.com/science_fiction/book_review/petersunday/a-review-of-times-of-the-supermen
Re: Fantasy Novels by Bawss1(m): 2:32pm On Aug 19, 2011
giftaino:

My best novel still remain "Flower in the Artic" by V.C. Andrews, very intresting

How is that a fantasy novel.  undecided

Read some of her other works and you'll come to the conclusion I did that V.C Andrews was just obsessed with inc[i]e[/i]st.
Re: Fantasy Novels by Bawss1(m): 2:39pm On Aug 19, 2011
@Udokpuenyi: Na wa o, I didn't know Wole Soyinka was a fantasy novelist.  shocked

@ Topic
Dark is a Color by Fay Lapka
Re: Fantasy Novels by Kecybright: 9:49am On Nov 17, 2011
ositadima1:

Re: Fantasy Novels by Kecybright: 2:07pm On Dec 31, 2012
Find me on facebook.
Jerry chyz Ekene.
I'm a super fan of wheel of time series, i have the gathering storm and towers of midnight, i have been trieing to gather my Nigerian fellow fans.
I dont have A MEMORY OF LIGHT yet but i have ordered for it and will receive it as from january 8.
Join all the discussion forums on facebook.
Dragonmount. Bradon sanderson's facebook site and so on and so forth. 08167668883.
Re: Fantasy Novels by Kecybright: 2:10pm On Dec 31, 2012
[quote author=shoboy9]Someone posted this kind of thread a while back. My answer is still robert jordan though.

Does anyone have a copy of gathering storm or towers of midnight out there? I'd like to buy. Or if you know where i can get it.[/quote
@showboy 9 contact me on facebook. Jerry chyz Ekene.
Re: Fantasy Novels by Kecybright: 2:20pm On Dec 31, 2012
qwest: ANY LOVER OF FANTASY FICTION ? I WENT TO THE T.V THREAD AND FOUND THAT THE H.B.O ADAPTATION OF THE G.G.R MARTIN' SONG OF ICE AND FIRE SERIES: A GAME OF THRONES, IS MAKING A BIG HIT THERE.

HERE ARE SOME OF MY ALL TIME BESTS. LORD OF THE RING SERIES - J.R.R TOLKIEN, WHEEL OF TIME SERIES - ROBERT JORDAN, A SONG OF ICE AND FIRE SERIES - G.G.R MARTIN, MALAZAN SERIES - STEVEN ERICKSON.

IF YOU R A LOVER OF THE GENRE N HAVE OTHER SERIES YOU FEEL SHOULD BE UP THERE OR A SINGLE NOVEL, DO POST IT.
@quest, if u get the last book of the wheel of time series which is due to be released by january 8 2013 before me please inform me i would like to buy it back. Find me on facebook. Jerry Chyz Ekene.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Beyond Medicine / A Kiss Is All It Takes (A Romantic +18 Story) / TUGRIL- ( The Underground Rooms In The Library)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.