Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,132 members, 7,825,554 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband (1133 Views)

Domestic Abuse: All The Women In These Pictures Are Dead! All Within 5 Months / Woman Buys Coffin For Husband In Anambra As Father's Day Gift / Surrogacy: Meet Nigerian Women Who Carry Pregnancy For Other Women In The Womb (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Ndibuna: 8:01pm On May 19, 2022
Women in Nigeria simply are praying for husband as a means of financial breakthrough since the country is hard. It has nothing to do with love

Women naturally don't seem to need men when they make money so the bottom line is poverty.

15 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Zonefree(m): 8:02pm On May 19, 2022
100% correct!

Love is the last thing women seek for in a relationship or marriage.

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Mynd44: 8:06pm On May 19, 2022
I don't think it is financial for a most part. Finances is part of it but it is also for security. Social security.

Our society does not recognise women unless they are married as it sees them as irresponsible people and looks down on them so being married for a woman, protects them, at work, at church/mosque it is just what life is.

It is also why Fela Kuti married 28 of his dancers at once to give them a form of legitimacy so people want look down at them. They went from "omokomo leleyi" to "Iyawo Fela ni ooo"

6 Likes

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by OlawaleBammie: 8:18pm On May 19, 2022
Mynd44:
I don't think it is financial for a most part. Finances is part of it but it is also for security. Social security.

Our society does not recognise women unless they are married as it sees them as irresponsible people and looks down on them so being married for a woman, protects them, at work, at church/mosque it is just what life is.

It is also why Fela Kuti married 28 of his dancers at once to give them a form of legitimacy so people want look down at them. They went from "omokomo leleyi" to "Iyawo Fela ni ooo"
See oga, before they tink of the social status or security they have firstly thought of financial breakthrough.

It is only wowen who are well to do that are thinking of social security, the hungry ones will think of the financial gains 100times before they tink of social security.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Ndibuna: 8:26pm On May 19, 2022
Mynd44:

Good addendum, though finances remain primary reason
Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Zonefree(m): 8:26pm On May 19, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
See oga, before they tink of the social status or security they have firstly thought of financial breakthrough.

It is only wowen who are well to do that are thinking of social security, the hungry ones wont think of the financial gains 100times before they tink of social security.
You're right. Once a girl is frustrated and tired of suffering, she starts thinking of marriage. They see marriage as a poverty alleviation programme.

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Animegirl(f): 8:27pm On May 19, 2022
Women wrapper talk.

Wish all men can go to war angry

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Ndibuna: 8:29pm On May 19, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

It is only wowen who are well to do that are thinking of social security, the hungry ones wont think of the financial gains 100times before they tink of social security.
Well said
Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Ndibuna: 8:35pm On May 19, 2022
Zonefree:

You're right. Once a girl is frustrated and tired of suffering, she starts thinking of marriage. They see marriage as a poverty alleviation programme.
Which it is, that's the truth. A jobless girl enters marriage and starts living fine. Life is challenging and they(women) can't handle it well. A colleague of mine got married and was happy she no longer goes to the mechanic any longer. The husband now takes that stress for her grin
Men are suffering

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Ndibuna: 8:35pm On May 19, 2022
Animegirl:
Women wrapper talk.

Wish all men can go to war angry
Starting with your father and your only brother tongue
Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Nobody: 8:37pm On May 19, 2022
OlawaleBammie:

A couple of months ago, last year precisely. A friend of mine posted something on her WhatsApp status laying emphasis on a statement made by a Man . The statement was " If not for that ring on your finger, I would have beaten you up like a child". My friend is in her late 20s and the Man is a married Man. The problem: she gave the man a job , he didn't do it well, she complained and he flared up.
Truth is Most Nigerian Men do not respect single ladies, if my friend hadn't worn her ring she definitely would have been harassed and beaten. That is just one of the examples of harassment women go through because they don't have a ring!

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by ValCon888: 8:37pm On May 19, 2022
Let me add another twist to this conversation.

Women also marry because of jealousy and hate for each other.

It's rare to see a woman who's truly and genuinely happy for her friend.

When one of them gets married, she uses it as an opportunity to torment her spinster friends.

This pushes the spinsters to marry whoever is available and not for love.

They marry to escape shame and ridicule and not because they have feelings for the man.

And that's why we have many homes where the husband isn't the true father of his child.

DNA testing breaking marriages left right and centre.

If only women could have love for each other, they would learn to be single in peace.

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Zonefree(m): 8:38pm On May 19, 2022
Ndibuna:

Which it is, that's the truth. A jobless girl enters marriage and starts living fine. Life is challenging and they(women) can't handle it well. A colleague of mine got married and was happy she no longer goes to the mechanic any longer. The husband now takes that stress for her grin
Men are suffering
That's why i stopped giving jobless and broke girls access to my glorious gbola. They disgust me with their entitlement mentality.
Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by virginprincess(f): 8:41pm On May 19, 2022
It very obvious that most nairaland men cannot survive a day without discussing about women yet you guys behave as if you don't need women in your lives sad sad, shameless lots.

6 Likes

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Nobody: 8:42pm On May 19, 2022
Zonefree:

It's funny how you are all over this thread trying to prove a point. So Yes a woman seeks one to take care of her, should it have been the other way round? I'm not surprised you are wailing here, empty barrels make the loudest noise!
Your mates are singing "chop my money" you are here chorusing " Danfo driver"
Oga go and hustle and stop dreaming of a lady that will feed you !

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by armyofone(m): 8:48pm On May 19, 2022
People (men and women) marry for a reason -

Love
Social security
Financial security
Etc

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by everythinggirly(f): 8:48pm On May 19, 2022
May God bless and provide for all the men that are hustling hard to take care of their homes, it's not easy to be a Man.

Hit me up for your academic research writing services!

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by JovialJune(f): 8:51pm On May 19, 2022
virginprincess:
It very obvious that most nairaland men cannot survive a day without discussing about women yet you guys behave as if you don't need women in your lives sad sad, shameless lots.

End off!!!

Seems like women completes the air they breathe everyday, sad lots.

4 Likes

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Nobody: 8:53pm On May 19, 2022
ValCon888:
[s]Let me add another twist to this conversation.

Women also marry because of jealousy and hate for each other.

It's rare to see a woman who's truly and genuinely happy for her friend.

When one of them gets married, she uses it as an opportunity to torment her spinster friends.

This pushes the spinsters to marry whoever is available and not for love.

They marry to escape shame and ridicule and not because they have feelings for the man.

And that's why we have many homes where the husband isn't the true father of his child.

DNA testing breaking marriages left right and centre.

If only women could have love for each other, they would learn to be single in peace.
[/s]
Gibberish!

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by JovialJune(f): 8:56pm On May 19, 2022
So how is it your business if they seek for financial and social security?

Does it affect your existence you this online ranters?

Are the men marrying these sets of ladies complaining?

The less privileged people are also getting married, what are the women marrying these ones seeking for then since money is not involved?

Una no dey tire with this your Lamentations?

If it hurts you so much that women marry because of blablabla, you men can marry yourselves na, e no hard....

4 Likes

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by JovialJune(f): 9:00pm On May 19, 2022
[s]
Zonefree:

That's why i stopped giving jobless and broke girls access to my glorious gbola. They disgust me with their entitlement mentality.
[/s]

You don't have money zonefree aka kriss216 aka Davash aka David, you are a broke nigga that is known for your constant beggy beggy here, so why are you complaining about girls that are exactly like you with your entitlement mentality undecided

3 Likes

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Zonefree(m): 9:02pm On May 19, 2022
JovialJune:

You don't have money zonefree aka kriss216 aka Davash aka David, you are a broke nigga that is known for your constant beggy beggy here, so why are you complaining about girls that are exactly like you with your entitlement mentality undecided
Lois, you're still angry

grin
Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Ndibuna: 9:03pm On May 19, 2022
Zonefree:

Even when you marry them, they will crave diick in a disproportionately surprising manner
Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by JovialJune(f): 9:05pm On May 19, 2022
Zonefree:

Lois, you're still angry

grin

Who is Lois?

Angry that what undecided

Wetin dis one dey talk undecided

2 Likes

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by OlawaleBammie: 9:05pm On May 19, 2022
Persephone1:
A couple of months ago, last year precisely. A friend of mine posted something on her WhatsApp status laying emphasis on a statement made by a Man . The statement was " If not for that ring on your finger, I would have beaten you up like a child". My friend is in her late 20s and the Man is a married Man. The problem: she gave the man a job , he didn't do it well, she complained and he flared up.
Truth is Most Nigerian Men do not respect single ladies, if my friend hadn't worn her ring she definitely would have been harassed and beaten. That is just one of the examples of harassment women go through because they don't have a ring!
I did not deny it that marriage secures them that social security, but to the hungry ones, social security is secondary, the primary aim is financial breakthrough
Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Nobody: 11:09pm On May 19, 2022
OlawaleBammie:
I did not deny it that marriage secures them that social security, but to the hungry ones, social security is secondary, the primary aim is financial breakthrough
And I ask is it out of norm for a lady to want to be taken care of? Can you live with an independent woman who wouldn't ask you for financial contributions and would weigh the financial value of gifts before she shows appreciation? How many Nigerian Guys can singlehandedly take care of their family without the wife contributing a pin?
Who are you all deceiving with unrealistic claims you post here? Sometimes you need to take a chill pill with your unreal claims before you all start coming off as clowns!

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Zonefree(m): 11:48pm On May 19, 2022
Persephone1:
It's funny how you are all over this thread trying to prove a point. So Yes a woman seeks one to take care of her, should it have been the other way round? I'm not surprised you are wailing here, empty barrels make the loudest noise!
Your mates are singing "chop my money" you are here chorusing " Danfo driver"
Oga go and hustle and stop dreaming of a lady that will feed you !
Ariza, I know your handwriting cheesy
Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Mryacks: 3:55am On May 20, 2022
Ndibuna:
Women in Nigeria simply are praying for husband as a means of financial breakthrough since the country is hard. It has nothing to do with love

Women naturally don't seem to need men when they make money so the bottom line is poverty.

Unfortunately yes, most of them...
Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by faithfull18(f): 6:42am On May 20, 2022
Lol, who know like better thing

1 Like

Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Greystone: 7:20am On May 20, 2022
Ndibuna:

There is a lot of truth in this.
Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Ndibuna: 7:21am On May 20, 2022
faithfull18:
Lol, who know like better thing
Nice you're saying the truth. So they should continue praying "carry me the go" while we laugh at them grin grin grin
Re: Real Reason Women In Nigeria Pray For Husband by Ndibuna: 7:21am On May 20, 2022
Greystone:

There is a lot of truth in this.
Yes, they don't do what does not benefit them

(1) (2) (Reply)

How A Goat Fell Into My House From A Ceiling While I Sl£pt — Man / What Is The Right Time To Ask A Girl Out You Met On Through Internet / How Do You Cope With Someone That Snores Aloud While Sleeping?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 52
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.