Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,622 members, 7,827,324 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:36 AM

Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms (1028 Views)

UK Delivers 'storm Shadow' Cruise Missiles To Ukraine Ahead Of Counteroffensive / Putin Deploys 'Thermobaric' Bombs That Can Rupture Enemy Lungs To Ukraine (Pix) / Russia Has Deployed Attack Helicopters To Ukraine Border (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by NigerianSage: 11:03pm On May 19, 2022
Over the past two weeks, Berlin has delivered thousands of anti-tank mines and portable anti-tank guided missile [ATGM] systems to Kyiv. The German newspaper SPIEGEL wrote about the new shipment, specifying the information with exact numbers and models of weapons: 1,600 anti-tank mines DM22, 3,000 anti-tank mines DM31, and 2,450 portable anti-tank guided missile systems RGW 90, better known among the German troops as Matador ATGM.

Germany supplies DM22/31 off-road 40m range anti-tank mines to Ukraine

SPIEGEL writes that Ukraine has paid for the production and supply of RGW 90, as the Ukrainian authorities have agreed directly with the manufacturer, which for Germany is Dynamit Nobel Defense [DND]. As for the anti-tank mines, SPIEGEL writes that Ukraine most likely received them as a donation from the stocks in the inventory of the German army.

More about DM-22 and DM-31

The captured mines DM-22 and DM-31 are part of the so-called PARM series – off-road German mines, which are constructed with small stabilizing fins. This type of mine was developed in the 80s of the last century. From 1983 to 1988 various tests were conducted, after the elevation in the late 80s, the mines were put into operation.

PARM series mines come in two varieties, PARM 1 and PARM 2. PARM 1 entered service with the Garman Army in the 1990s, and unofficial information says that about 25,000 units have been delivered.

The main difference between PARM 1 and PARM 2 is that PARM2 incorporates an infrared sensor into its design, as well as an improved missile. Both types of mines are mounted on a tripod that can rotate 360 ​​degrees and be raised at a 90-degree angle. The mine is placed manually and includes a five-minute delay before it is launched.

The range of such mines is from 2 to 40 meters. The missile moves at an approximate speed of 120 meters per second and is capable of piercing 600 millimeters of armor. PARM 2 has an increased range of up to 100 meters. The warhead of this missile has been modernized and the armor penetration has been increased to 750 mm armor.

MATADOR RGW90

In the version currently available on the market, the RGW90 HH [HEAT / HESH] A2 uses a dual-mode mono-shaped charge warhead and can therefore also be used against armored vehicles. The weapon is capable of breaking through a triple brick wall.

Ukraine buys 90mm MATADOR RGW90 with dual-mode mono shaped charge

The weapon, which weighs about eight kilograms, can pierce more than 600 millimeters of armored steel at a range of 500 meters – with a probability of hitting more than 90 percent of NATO’s standard target of 2.3 meters x 2.3 meters. Works perfectly in the temperature range from -46 ° C to + 71 ° C.

The weapon was designed in the 99th century and entered service in 2000. MATADOR RGW90 is produced in three places – Germany, Israel, and Singapore. Interestingly, the war in Ukraine was the first documented case in which the MATADOR RGW90 was used in full-scale military operations. However, Israel often uses RGW90 to drill walls for Israeli troops to pass through during its military operations in the Gaza Strip.

https://bulgarianmilitary.com/2022/05/19/germany-delivers-to-ukraine-4600-dm22-dm31-mines-2450-rgw-90-atgms/
Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by NigerianSage: 11:04pm On May 19, 2022
Putin's next adventure inside Ukrain go be suicide mission..
Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by NigerianSage: 11:07pm On May 19, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Knhqx5XpJAA

See the DM22 in action, Ukraine used it to decimate Putin's convoys...
Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by gift2xl: 11:23pm On May 19, 2022
Peace.
Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by Stallionhorse: 11:42pm On May 19, 2022
Russia should bring Ukraine down to dust and then face their sponsors...

1 Like

Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by Rastaramsey(m): 11:45pm On May 19, 2022
Stallionhorse:

You don't know the implications of bringing a country to dust Sha grin grin grin

The sponsors of Ukraine standa anyday anytime

Russia can't defeat NATO

1 Like

Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by OhMyG0d: 1:18am On May 20, 2022
Rastaramsey:

You don't know the implications of bringing a country to dust Sha grin grin grin

The sponsors of Ukraine standa anyday anytime

Russia can't defeat NATO
The only thing holding Russia back from leveling Ukraine is brotherhood.
The way you will beat someone from your family will be different from how you will beat someone from another family. Ukraine-Russia-Belorussia are brothers literally.
Besides, it's not a war but a military campaign.

You see, the only thing holding NATO and US back from confronting Russia directly rather than using Ukraine as a front, is because of some weapons that they have no answer to in Russian's arsenal. No one want a Poseidon torpedo, Sarmat, ISKANDER, Buresvetnik, zircon, avangard, kinzhal etc facing their countries. Besides, no one knows yet how to overcome the S400 not to mention S500.
If it was any other country that tried what Russia did, US and NATO would have invaded such country. But with Russia, not even a combined 34 countries including the US, UK, Germany, France have the gut to sneeze at Russia.

3 Likes

Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by NigerianSage: 2:31am On May 20, 2022
OhMyG0d:
The only thing holding Russia back from leveling Ukraine is brotherhood.
The way you will beat someone from your family will be different from how you will beat someone from another family. Ukraine-Russia-Belorussia are brothers literally.
Besides, it's not a war but a military campaign.

You see, the only thing holding NATO and US back from confronting Russia directly rather than using Ukraine as a front, is because of some weapons that they have no answer to in Russian's arsenal. No one want a Poseidon torpedo, Sarmat, ISKANDER, Buresvetnik, zircon, avangard, kinzhal etc facing their countries. Besides, no one knows yet how to overcome the S400 not to mention S500.
If it was any other country that tried what Russia did, US and NATO would have invaded such country. But with Russia, not even a combined 34 countries including the US, UK, Germany, France have the gut to sneeze at Russia.

What kind of brother invades his brother's house, slaughters his brother's family, rapes his brother's wife and children, pillaged and levels his house with brutal rage and abandonment.

May God almighty never give us you and Putin's kind of brotherhood.

Amen,

It's always comical reading the endless flowery and dramatized imagery of Russia's power and military arsenal when in fact the whole world is looking at a very weak, poorly trained, poorly led, poorly equipped and badly demoralized Russian military that can not defeat s small country, a small country with little or no serious military capabilities a few months ago, a small country that fought Russia to a standstill with just drones and Javlines, a small country that killed 12 Russian generals, 40 colonels, killed thousands of Russian troops, destroyed thousands of military hardware, sank Russian flagship and other warships with ease..

This is what the world is looking at, but some of you are so detached from reality that your only explanation for Russia's abysmal and pathetic performance in Ukraine and why the same Russia that you praise so much as a wonderful military power still can not defeat a small country with fewer resources and arsenal like Ukraine.

Btw, must the west respond by invading Ukraine or throwing deadly missiles at each other when there are more than a million ways to cripple Russia without firing a single bullet?

1 Like

Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by OhMyG0d: 3:00am On May 20, 2022
NigerianSage:

Mister, I've gone beyond all these fooleries above.
Ah ha!!!
You lots are just hell bent on forcing us all to reason like a fool.

1 Like

Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by NigerianSage: 3:19am On May 20, 2022
OhMyG0d:
Mister, I've gone beyond all these fooleries above.
Ah ha!!!
You lots are just hell bent on forcing us all to reason like a fool.

Expecting us to believe that Russia can not defeat small Ukraine because of brotherhood after slaughtering Ukrainians, raping and pillaging their society, and going on and on about Russia's military power that can not even defeat a small country like Ukraine will defeat NATO.

So, who is trying to force other people to reason like fools?

Come back to brag when Russia defeats small Ukraine.
Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by VictorUSA(m): 4:43am On May 20, 2022
The way we the American-led NATO ended Guaddafi and Saddam Hussein, so shall we end Putin. This is inevitable.
Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by oz4real83(m): 5:27am On May 20, 2022
Stallionhorse:
no country under international laws is allowed to use nuclear weapons, biochemical weapons, cluster bombs on any other country during wars in modern day and Russia knows this. Using these weapons automatically means Russia is now openly at war with the whole world. Don't be deceived by the propaganda you see from Russia, the fact still remains that Russia can't handle US either alone or as US and NATO.
Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by joyandfaith: 6:13am On May 20, 2022
Stallionhorse:

You are in early 20s.
Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by Damisic: 6:16am On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
The way we the American-led NATO ended Guaddafi and Saddam Hussein, so shall we end Putin. This is inevitable.

O ni sorire laye re

O tosi ni igbeyin aye re ni

Olofo ..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by alcuin(m): 6:30am On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:

Sometimes, I wonder what you guys smoke. The day that happens will be the end of our civilization.

The whole continents of Europe and America will be rolled into the sea.

Even USA top Generals will not say this with this confidence.

Attack Russia? Surely, you must attack Russia to end Putin.

1 Like

Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by VictorUSA(m): 7:26am On May 20, 2022
Sir, I believe you understands international politics far better than I do.But you are missing here.

The U.S-led NATO is already gradually ending putin, he knows this.The method of attack on Lybia and Iraq to oust and kill their leaders would not be thesame with the method to be used in ending Russia's Putin.The latter possess weapons the former don't.The U.S-led NATO are not as unwise to attack a mad man directly.They calculate and played him to fall.US wants this war badly.If the US were not benefiting from this war, they wouldnt have pumped weapons to Ukraine.Imagine the US supplying weapons to Ukraine the same day talks were held in Instanbul.That sparked another tension.

Note:even in a direct coflict with Russia, USA will defeat them.The destruction around the world is what the US wants to avoid by all means.And don't make it sound like only Russia possess advanced weapons.

@alcuin
Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by oluobi(m): 11:35am On May 20, 2022
VictorUSA:
Sir, I believe you understands international politics far better than I do.But you are missing here.

The U.S-led NATO is already gradually ending putin, he knows this.The method of attack on Lybia and Iraq to oust and kill their leaders would not be thesame with the method to be used in ending Russia's Putin.The latter possess weapons the former don't.The U.S-led NATO are not as unwise to attack a mad man directly.They calculate and played him to fall.US wants this war badly.If the US were not benefiting from this war, they wouldnt have pumped weapons to Ukraine.Imagine the US supplying weapons to Ukraine the same day talks were held in Instanbul.That sparked another tension.

Note:even in a direct coflict with Russia, USA will defeat them.The destruction around the world is what the US wants to avoid by all means.And don't make it sound like only Russia possess advanced weapons.

@alcuin

You've got a lot to learn about international politics. I noticed you have a strong interest in international politics, but your blind love for the USA will not allow you to really understand the dynamics.

I appreciate the fact that you are a teenager, because I started following international politics as a teenager too, since 1986.

There was no internet then, but I was fortunate, because I had access to the encyclopedia. Those were the good old days of the cold war between the USSR and the USA.

I am not going to bore you with history, but I'll advice you to follow international politics objectively, without emotions, then you'll understand that no country is always right. To you, the USA can do no wrong.....if only you knew.

Whatever is happening in Ukraine today, USA had done worst, and mark my words, would do even worst in the future, to defend their country.
They believe, they are the only country that have a divine right to do what Russia is presently doing in Ukraine.

For your information, I am not a hater of the USA, but I am someone who believe no country should have absolute power.
That would be very bad for those of us in this part of the world.

Love them or hate them, the only country ensuring we have a bit of balance today is Russia, that's why an old 'hawk' like Biden, would do anything to bring Russia down.

I hope you know Biden too has been in politics and position of authority, since 'forever'. A lot of scores to settle with the former USSR, present day Russia and Putin as a person.

If democracy is about rule of law and check and balance, how come the USA does not want to be checked, but wants to check every other nation.
Let me remind you, that when the USA wanted to invade Iraq, so many countries including France, an ally and a member of NATO, were strongly against the invasion. The USA ignored the whole world, and invaded anyway, with support from their number one side kick, the UK. You know the outcome.

Let's talk about LGBTQ.
The only reason they have not forced it on the whole world is because they do not have absolute power yet.
I do not care what they do in their country, but to believe that whatever is good for them should be forced on the whole world is a NO, NO, NO, for me.

If and when we get to a stage where majority of our people want the LGBTQ nonsense (I hope not anyway), let it be our decision.
In case you do not know, Russia is the major stumbling block to this too o!

There is good in evil, and there is evil in good.
No matter the side you chose, we need them to check each other. After all, they don't even care about us.

On a lighter note, forget the USA you attached to your name, if it becomes necessary for the USA to bomb Nigeria, dem no send you and I o, na collateral damage dem go call us.

I wish you well, as you open your hearth to study international politics.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by VictorUSA(m): 12:09pm On May 20, 2022
Oluobi actually I attach too much emotion to this.I don't know international politics but I always comment to learn.Don't mynd me.They say love is blind grin My blind love for the US sucks.Thanks.I'll begin to reason without emotion.
Re: Germany Delivers To Ukraine 4600 DM22/DM31 Mines, 2450 RGW 90 Atgms by OhMyG0d: 8:52pm On May 20, 2022
NigerianSage:

When I speak, I speak to give silence. I'm not one of those that base assertions on "what I wish it was" rather than what it is. When I speak, I speak based on facts, reality and what's on ground, not on emotive outbursts or what the pages of Channel, Aljazeera, BBC, CNN, RT, France24 are oozing out.
And by the way, I'm not here to convince you to believe anything, propaganda (misinformation and disinformation) is for the naive and undiscerning.

The foolery (propaganda) is for the abused minds.

(1) (Reply)

Russia To Supply Electricity To USA, Photos / Haiti Makes Bid For 2216 Olympics / Is African Unity Necessary For The Total Liberation Of Black Africa?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.