Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,303 members, 7,815,548 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:20 PM

Starting A Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Starting A Family (335 Views)

10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family / A Family Man Can Have This Too: / 4 Generations Of A Family In One Picture (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Starting A Family by Harmony22: 4:17am On May 20, 2022
I gave Birth to new baby boy today and yes it’s a thing of joy for whoever is fortunate to produce an offspring and I’m happy for that. But here I am waking up in the middle of the night reminiscing about my life, thinking at 35 you are just giving birth to a baby when most of your colleagues whom you graduated together now has at least 3 kids whose first born is about 9 years old. The thought of this sometimes do steal the joy of the moment from me I feel I started too late and the most annoying thing is I don’t have any justifiable reasons why I started late other than I didn’t get married sooner and not just because I couldn’t have afforded the means of getting married sooner as I have been at least comfortable to do so for the past 8 years.
I’m as much as it could sound that I’m being ungrateful because there are some people whose life is far worse, I just don’t think through that perspective to console myself rather I feel sorry for myself that my life sucks, probably because I have no reason to have stay this long as a young man living alone and doing good for himself for the past 9 years. Though it’s mostly believed that God time is the best sometimes but I am a student of school of thought who shared that sentiment but mostly find it difficult to subscribed to it possible because I always feel our life is shaped by our actions, inactions and the choice of decision we do take. I will be very blunt here with these few point about my personality as a person. I’m not bad looking guy but I must say I’m blessed with few things that aids the attention of ladies and had enough to sustain a family life
Here are some fact about the situation of my life journey as regard to getting married
I have always been lucky to have some friends who always encourage me to settle down early just like them even to the extent of introducing girls to me of which I normally disappointed them by showing no interest or probably feel ridicule to have chosen for me
Secondly I must say at a point in my life I have this low self esteem and lack confidence in myself as a boy who grew in a family settings where intimidation and fear is one of the tool my father command respect.
Over the time I tried to over grow that low self esteem as I choose to drinking alcohol and it helps to some extent to boost my confidence but still couldn’t have gotten me get married sooner.
At a point in my life I was so desperate to get married that it started to affect me emotionally and psychologically that making money was even getting difficult for me so I had to let go of that desperation by acting like I don’t care anymore in order to get back my state of mind so as to be able to pay bills and live fine again.
Along the line again family pressure starts to creep in to the extent that they do feel sorry for me like something is wrong with me spiritually that needs urgent attention of spiritual cleansing.
Despite all odds I met a lady who I dated for a while and now given birth, but this thought of I was too late and even my friends who I was even better than few years ago who settle than early have at least 2 kids are even living fine Even better despite all the bills, school fees and the likes.
Pardon my gibberish I’m only just trying to express my thought in a rational and irrational way to let go of this mindset of mine that do affects me emotionally and psychologically whenever it cross my thoughts.
Opinions and bashing is highly welcome I am not seeking for self pity I am a student of school of hard knocks that call a spade a spade.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Family by Sirqt5(m): 4:30am On May 20, 2022
no b u gave birth , buh ur wife did . next , get over urself . there 40 year olds , 41, 42, 45 yr olds men who r still single , no kids . women too . folks who r married for yrs buh no kids yet . 35 is not late . maybe u wan use style tell us say ur wife put to bed , ok we don hear , congrats . get over urself

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Family by sisisioge: 5:11am On May 20, 2022
Awwww....I feel like giving you a hug.

You are here now....you made it, you did it! Congratulations!

Honestly, there are some of us still struggling to make that decision despite having the willing buddies and enabling resources...so get over yourself indeed. It is not how fast but how well....wont it just be great that your partner remains a wonderful person that you would love and cherish for eternity? Wont it just be wonderful that she remains to you all that you want in a woman and you to her all that she wants in a man? Honestly, it is not how fast but how well my brother.

Now go check on the baby and let the loving begin....congrats once again!

6 Likes

Re: Starting A Family by faithfull18(f): 6:40am On May 20, 2022
Lol, children grow up quickly oh and there are no mates in life per se. Time and chance happens to all.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Family by yanabasee(m): 6:44am On May 20, 2022
Op you spent many hours writing about your confuse state of not birthing a child earlier than you just did... and you keep recycling the thoughts using different words....

You have a child now and you should focus on the journey that is before you and not looking back on why you stayed this long...

I supposed, the baby will be needing pampers and some food, why not focus your energy to how to rescheduling yourself to spend lots of time with your child.

And just before I forget, when your child grows.... and you enroll him in the school, please create time to be accessing his notes and be asking him questions about his school and also be assisting him to do his assignments... Ensure that there are assignments for him to do...

stay positive.

2 Likes

Re: Starting A Family by Rubbiish(m): 7:12am On May 20, 2022
Harmony22:
I gave Birth to new baby boy today and yes it’s a thing of joy for whoever is fortunate to produce an offspring and I’m happy for that. But here I am waking up in the middle of the night reminiscing about my life, thinking at 35 you are just giving birth to a baby when most of your colleagues whom you graduated together now has at least 3 kids whose first born is about 9 years old.
I really don't understand the bold?
What kind of ungrateful post is this??
@ 35 as a man, u want your first child to be 9 years old? I initially thought u were a lady, how many men do u see getting married at 25?? The benchmark for the average Nigeria man to get married is 30 to 40 yrs & u are just 35, so why are u lamenting? My brother is 35 this year & still very much single, so what is really your problem? Honestly your growing up has really done alot to your esteem that u now find it enjoyable blaming yourself for no reason. U really do need help!

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Starting A Family by Richy4(m): 7:22am On May 20, 2022
Rubbiish:

I really don't understand the bold?
What kind of ungrateful post is this??
@ 35 as a man, u want your first child to be 9 years old? I initially thought u were a lady, how many men do u see getting married at 25?? The benchmark for the average Nigeria man to get married is 30 to 40 yrs & u are just 35, so why are u lamenting? My brother is 35 this year & still very much single, so what is really your problem? Honestly your growing up has really done alot to your esteem that u now find it enjoyable blaming yourself for no reason. U really do need help!

Honestly, after that bold, I stopped reading.. because I saw an ungrateful human...
Some couples married as early as 25 still seeking for children... Some even adopted..

Anyways, Economics is indeed correct when it discovered that human wants are insatiable...

3 Likes

Re: Starting A Family by ImaIma1(f): 7:56am On May 20, 2022
Those that got married at 27 and still don't have a child at 40 should do what? Go and cry at the market square?

Enjoy the fact that you are alive to see your child and move on. Regrets will add nothing to you.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Family by tayo60(f): 8:38am On May 20, 2022
Coming from an ungrateful person. Try to think of people who you are older than or your mates who have died and have no offspring. Some married early and are still waiting to be called parents, some are far older than you are but are still single. Instead of you to appreciate God for everything you have now, you are being ungrateful. U have a child at 35, you are complaining. I heard d testimony of a woman who waited 39 years before she delivered this year, got married before you were born. Alaimoore Olorun ni e!! It's people like you who don't suffer to get things in life, that don't appreciate God for what they have, unlike people who suffered, prayed, fasted, even passed through hell to have what they have now, that appreciate God the more. Had it been that God made you wait many years to have a child, will you say what you just said up here? That baby you have on a platter of gold is what many are crying unto God for daily.

1 Like

Re: Starting A Family by Aaaaarghmed(m): 8:44am On May 20, 2022
Harmony22:
I gave Birth to new baby boy today and yes it’s a thing of joy for whoever is fortunate to produce an offspring and I’m happy for that. But here I am waking up in the middle of the night reminiscing about my life, thinking at 35 you are just giving birth to a baby when most of your colleagues whom you graduated together now has at least 3 kids whose first born is about 9 years old. The thought of this sometimes do steal the joy of the moment from me I feel I started too late and the most annoying thing is I don’t have any justifiable reasons why I started late other than I didn’t get married sooner and not just because I couldn’t have afforded the means of getting married sooner as I have been at least comfortable to do so for the past 8 years.
I’m as much as it could sound that I’m being ungrateful because there are some people whose life is far worse, I just don’t think through that perspective to console myself rather I feel sorry for myself that my life sucks, probably because I have no reason to have stay this long as a young man living alone and doing good for himself for the past 9 years. Though it’s mostly believed that God time is the best sometimes but I am a student of school of thought who shared that sentiment but mostly find it difficult to subscribed to it possible because I always feel our life is shaped by our actions, inactions and the choice of decision we do take. I will be very blunt here with these few point about my personality as a person. I’m not bad looking guy but I must say I’m blessed with few things that aids the attention of ladies and had enough to sustain a family life
Here are some fact about the situation of my life journey as regard to getting married
I have always been lucky to have some friends who always encourage me to settle down early just like them even to the extent of introducing girls to me of which I normally disappointed them by showing no interest or probably feel ridicule to have chosen for me
Secondly I must say at a point in my life I have this low self esteem and lack confidence in myself as a boy who grew in a family settings where intimidation and fear is one of the tool my father command respect.
Over the time I tried to over grow that low self esteem as I choose to drinking alcohol and it helps to some extent to boost my confidence but still couldn’t have gotten me get married sooner.
At a point in my life I was so desperate to get married that it started to affect me emotionally and psychologically that making money was even getting difficult for me so I had to let go of that desperation by acting like I don’t care anymore in order to get back my state of mind so as to be able to pay bills and live fine again.
Along the line again family pressure starts to creep in to the extent that they do feel sorry for me like something is wrong with me spiritually that needs urgent attention of spiritual cleansing.
Despite all odds I met a lady who I dated for a while and now given birth, but this thought of I was too late and even my friends who I was even better than few years ago who settle than early have at least 2 kids are even living fine Even better despite all the bills, school fees and the likes.
Pardon my gibberish I’m only just trying to express my thought in a rational and irrational way to let go of this mindset of mine that do affects me emotionally and psychologically whenever it cross my thoughts.
Opinions and bashing is highly welcome I am not seeking for self pity I am a student of school of hard knocks that call a spade a spade.
I understand how you feel perfectly.but my own case is a little bit different than yours.try to cheer yourself up.
Re: Starting A Family by BItt: 9:43am On May 20, 2022
Life has a different journey and interpretation for every human. its good you admitted some things happened late, but, better late than never
Some have been married for years and haven't gotten a child till now. Other peoples issue is genotype and I fall into this category. I am AS and other probable women i could have settled down with coincidentally happens to be AS. Sometimes it feels like all the women in this world are AS.

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Nwabuoturi Foundation Global Initiative Paid School Fees For Over 100 Students / 3 Young Boys Explain What They Will Spend The Money They Got At A Party (vid) / This Affordable Skincare Will Blow Your Mind

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.