Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,471 members, 7,812,449 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 01:31 PM

10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family (3193 Views)

Is My Fear Of Raising Kids In Nigeria Irrational? / Raising Kids Abroad Vs Nigeria / A Child’s First Birthday – For The Kids Or The Adults ? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by KEVIND: 1:30am On Apr 21, 2018
10 countries across the world have been categorized as the worst and unsafe countries where people should avoid raising kids or starting a family.

There are 10 countries many bachelors, spinsters and hopeful parents-to-be should avoid when planning to raise kids or start a family in the world.

Though there are many unfit international territories in which to have children and raise a family, these 10 countries are said to be avoided at all costs.

Relocating, starting a family or raising kids are dependent on some determinants that have to be critically considered before taking the step.

In determining which country or countries that are the most fit for bringing up children in, intending parents or couples should take into serious consideration the overall safety, crime rate, healthcare systems, and the quality of education.

In the recent rankings of the Legatum Prosperity Index from the Legatum Institute, the 10 worst countries to raise a kid or start a family have been highlighted after taking into account the quality of education, personal safety, national security, healthcare systems, poorest economies, as well as overall quality of life.

Going by the ratings and rankings of the Legatum Institute, it’s safe to say these 10 countries are neither fit for raising kids nor starting families.

Before you make that decision to start a family or raise kids, here are the 10 worst countries in the world where you shouldn't contemplate of raising kids or starting a family.

1. Central Africa Republic

The Central African Republic is one of the countries in the world that have been ravaged by internal wars for several years. The country is situated in the middle of Africa and has been rated the worst international country to raise kids or start a family.

Healthcare system: Worst in the world

Educational system: 3rd worst in the world

Economic system: 5th worst in the world

Security: 2nd worst in the world

Overall quality of life: 2nd worst in the world

President: Faustin-Archange Touadéra

Verdict: UNSAFE

2. Chad

Rating closely behind Central Africa Republic is Chad. Interestingly, Chad shares same border with Central African Republic and the entire area is notably ridden with the same poverty, violence, and lack of economic growth. The country is neither safe to raise kids nor start a family.

Healthcare system: 2nd worst in the world

Educational system: 3rd worst in the world

Economic system: 8th worst in the world

Security: 23rd most dangerous in the world

Overall quality of life: 5th worst in the world

President: Idriss Déby

3. The Democratic Republic of Congo

The Democratic Republic of Congo has been generally been considered unsafe and dangerous for citizens of the world. This is because violence and bloodshed are permanently occurring in the country. From education to healthcare and economic system in the country ranks the lowest in the world.

Healthcare system: 10th worst in the world

Educational system: 12th worst in the world

Economic system: 10th worst in the world

Security: 2nd most dangerous in the world

Overall quality of life: 7th worst in the world

President: Joseph Kabila

4. Iraq

Iraq has remained not only unsafe but politically unstable for over a decade and it is wise to say it is not a country to raise kids or a family. Most people are familiar with the unfortunate conditions plaguing the country which is situated in Western Asia and borders with Turkey.

Healthcare system: 18th worst in the world

Educational system: 20th worst in the world

Economic system: 21st worst in the world

Security: Most dangerous in the world

Overall quality of life: 8th worst in the world

President: Fuad Masum

5. Yemen

One obvious reasons why it is totally unacceptable to raise kids or start a family in Yemen is because the country tops the list for worst overall quality of life. Situated just South of Saudi Arabia, the word peace and tranquility can't be found in Yemen as the country has become synonymous with religious wars and internal conflicts.

Healthcare system: 21st worst in the world

Educational system: 6th worst in the world

Economic system: The worst in the world

Security: 11th most dangerous in the world

Overall quality of life: The worst in the world

President: Abdrabbuh Mansur Hadi

6. Sudan

Despite sharing a border with Egypt, Sudan is neither a safe nor better country to raise kids or start a family. The emergence of militias and religious extremists in the country has left Sudan more dangerous to live in and making it non conducive for immigrants.

Healthcare system: 19th worst in the world

Educational system: 17th worst in the world

Economic system: 6th worst in the world

Security: 6th most dangerous in the world

Overall quality of life: 3rd worst in the world

President: Omar al-Bashir

7. Niger

Also referred to as the Republic of Niger, the country shares a border with Libya. Niger has become porous for religious extremists to penetrate the country. Niger, which also shares border with Nigeria has seen many of its nationals crossing over to Nigeria for improved life. However, the country remains unfit to raise kids or start a family.

Healthcare system: 14th worst in the world

Educational system: 2nd worst in the world

Economic system: 20th worst in the world

Security: 25th most dangerous in the world

Overall quality of life: 11th worst in the world

President: Mahamadou Issoufou

8. Afghanistan

Afghanistan, is a landlocked country located within South Asia and Central Asia. Enjoying a border with Iran, the country in the last decade is synonymous with crisis, violence and in the news for violent reasons. Afghanistan has had its fair share of war and chaos, hence it's inclusion in the worst countries to raise a kid or start a family.

Healthcare system: 17th worst in the world

Educational system: 12th worst in the world

Economic system: 20th worst in the world

Security: 4th most dangerous in the world

Overall quality of life: 4th worst in the world

President: Ashraf Ghani

9. Liberia

Liberia is one of the world's poorest countries. For many young people, street hawking is the only means of survival.  (AFP)

Liberia is a country in West Africa, bordering Sierra Leone, Guinea and Côte d'Ivoire. Situated on the Atlantic coast, Liberia has been through thick and thin and is mereley trying to come out of its doldrums. The country has been tagged 9th worst country to start a family or raise kids and remains not too safe.

Healthcare system: 4th worst in the world

Educational system: 11th worst in the world

Economic system: 16th worst in the world

Security: 20th most dangerous in the world

Overall quality of life: 19th worst in the world

President: George Weah

10. Nigeria

Coming in last on the list of worst countries to raise kids or start a family is Nigeria. Sharing borders with Niger, Chad and Republic of Benin, Nigeria has over the last 16 years become one of the most dangerous countries to live in and the emergence of Boko haram insurgents have neither helped the story. It has the 32nd worst educational system. While this may not seem as bad compared with other countries listed, it is ranked as the 5th most dangerous country to live in, has the 8th worst healthcare system, and 19th worst economy.

Healthcare system: 8th worst in the world

Educational system: 32nd worst in the world

Economic system: 19th worst in the world

Security: 5th most dangerous in the world

Overall quality of life: 22nd worst in the world

President: Muhammadu Buhari

https://www.google.com.ng/amp/s/amp.pulse.ng/gist/pop-culture/10-countries-you-should-avoid-raising-kids-or-family-id7968649.html

3 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by TheUpsetGirl1(m): 1:40am On Apr 21, 2018
I'm happy because Nigeria made the list.

10 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by intruxive(m): 1:42am On Apr 21, 2018
And u feel unsafe chilling behind your fone spewing trash about your country. When will you people get some sense angry
Later when u are called intellectually lazy u go into a convulsive fit

7 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by daviesblaze(m): 1:43am On Apr 21, 2018
NO matter the situation, i still remain a Nigerian. and point of correction, we are still better than most of this developed countries.

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by sakanifemi123(m): 3:40am On Apr 21, 2018
it is through but it is same niageria that some people are making million of naira nd we have richest people and scholar that top the world but leader is the issues may God help us in this great nation

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by thesicilian: 3:48am On Apr 21, 2018
Nigeria is number one. Stop being biased.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by thesicilian: 3:50am On Apr 21, 2018
daviesblaze:
NO matter the situation, i still remain a Nigerian. and point of correction, we are still better than most of this developed countries.
What other options do you have before?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Paulpaulpaul(m): 4:01am On Apr 21, 2018
thesicilian:

gringringrin
Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by lilmax(m): 7:44am On Apr 21, 2018
so what exactly are we still doing?
Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by bukatyne(f): 8:38am On Apr 21, 2018
Nigeria's presence on the list makes me doubt it.

Nigeria is terrible, not working bla bla I get however everyone on this thread are at home responding to the OP and are obviously not in danger/unsafe.

At least, no student had gone to their school with a gun shooting half of a class in Nigeria yet.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Nobody: 8:54am On Apr 21, 2018
daviesblaze:

How is Nigeria better than most developed countries? Explain, please.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by daviesblaze(m): 8:56am On Apr 21, 2018
thesicilian:

do you think am like you? lazy nigerian youth grin grin
Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by daviesblaze(m): 8:58am On Apr 21, 2018
Mindfulness:

How is Nigeria better than most developed countries? Explain, please.
well, bukatyne has already explained it all cool cool
Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Nobody: 9:03am On Apr 21, 2018
daviesblaze:
well, bukatyne has already explained it all cool cool

So the prevalence of school shootings in the US makes Nigeria better than most developed nations? Seriously?

5 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Nobody: 9:06am On Apr 21, 2018
bukatyne:

Nigeria is terrible, not working bla bla I get however everyone on this thread are at home responding to the OP and are obviously not in danger/unsafe.

At least, no student had gone to their school with a gun shooting half of a class in Nigeria yet.

Glad you are satisfied, millions of children do not even get to eat regularly are exploited and abused by madam and oga because their parents need them to work to feed the other children but as long as you are safe, it is not a problem, right?

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by daviesblaze(m): 9:10am On Apr 21, 2018
Mindfulness:

So the prevalence of school shootings in the US makes Nigeria better than most developed nations? Seriously?
well, if you had a relative whose wards happens to be victims of that accident, you would probably not be spewing trash from your gutter.

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Nobody: 9:17am On Apr 21, 2018
daviesblaze:
well, if you had a relative whose wards happens to be victims of that accident, you would probably not be spewing trash from your gutter.

Then ask one of these people who lost relatives in a school shooting if they prefer to live in Nigeria. grin
Learn to back up your claims m.oron.

5 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by bukatyne(f): 9:33am On Apr 21, 2018
Mindfulness:

Glad you are satisfied, millions of children do not even get to eat regularly are exploited and abused by madam and oga because their parents need them to work to feed the other children but as long as you are safe, it is not a problem, right?

Human trafficking and child labour is everywhere and it is not as a result of the country being 'unsafe'; it is a result of poor planning amongst others.

Does Nigeria have issues? Yes! Serious ones that would fill up a textbook afteral, the number one person just opened his mouth to say we are lazy.

Despite all these, do I believe that Nigeria us the 10th worse country to bring up a child? Obviously not.

3 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Nobody: 9:47am On Apr 21, 2018
bukatyne:

Human trafficking and child labour is everywhere and it is not as a result of the country being 'unsafe'; it is a result of poor planning amongst others.

Does Nigeria have issues? Yes! Serious ones that would fill up a textbook afteral, the number one person just opened his mouth to say we are lazy.

Despite all these, do I believe that Nigeria us the 10th worse country to bring up a child? Obviously not.

Social security has a lot to do with the safety of children and I do not know where you get your information from but child labor is certainly illegal where I live and I do not get to see poor families sending away their children to be abused by some other family. That would land people in jail. As a matter of fact, kids from poor families are being taken care of. They get to eat, they get money for clothes, they go to school, they have free access to healthcare, their books are paid for by the government and even the expanses for school trips are covered. Their parents do not have to beg for it and they do not have to suffer for the decisions their parents have made or not made.

4 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by thesicilian: 10:43am On Apr 21, 2018
daviesblaze:
do you think am like you? lazy nigerian youth grin grin
Lol.
Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by daviesblaze(m): 11:38am On Apr 21, 2018
Mindfulness:

Then ask one of these people who lost relatives in a school shooting if they prefer to live in Nigeria. grin
Learn to back up your claims m.oron.
well, i dont blame you. yippi kaye mother asshole. cheesy cheesy #LazyNigeriaYouth grin grin
Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Richy4(m): 3:05pm On Apr 21, 2018
I grew up in Nigeria..I am cool and I know it... smiley
Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Kinggnicole(f): 3:17pm On Apr 21, 2018
daviesblaze:

In your dreams you mean?

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Nobody: 9:27pm On Apr 21, 2018
Nigeria should be no 1.worst in everything

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by greatsly: 10:29pm On Apr 21, 2018
All these trash list that foreigners keep compiling for there own pleasure don't move me.

Listen all, NIGERIA is the best country in the world. Go to the Airport and see foreigners trooping in to take advantage of the vast opportunities this country offers.

The Nigerian People is the problem with Nigeria. Until we shun tribalism, Religious bigotry, dishonesty and excessive greed, we will keep wallowing in despair, disappointment and blame games.

The creator have been Good to this land of our Fathers. we failed ourselves as a people.
instead of looking for approvals from some foreign agencies or media, we must look inward and put on the garment of patriotism and the consciousness of Nation building.
We must enlist ourselves to do the Hard work that will make Nigeria Great.

Nigeria IS NOT the worst country on earth, but ours is a country with challenges and better opportunities than any other Nation on planet earth. it is the responsibility of we the people to maximize this opportunities for our good and that of the next Generation.

1 Like

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Nobody: 6:53am On Apr 22, 2018
intruxive:
And u feel unsafe chilling behind your fone spewing trash about your country. When will you people get some sense angry
Later when u are called intellectually lazy u go into a convulsive fit

Why do people love lying to themselves, pretending everything's good when it's obviously not

7 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Nobody: 1:09pm On Apr 22, 2018
so far Somalia is not include in that list, I disagree

2 Likes

Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Nobody: 2:26pm On Apr 22, 2018
bukatyne:

American and Britain are the worst.

Many folks there are wishing that they could send their kids down here to get sense.
Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by bukatyne(f): 2:58pm On Apr 22, 2018
Mindfulness:

Social security has a lot to do with the safety of children and I do not know where you get your information from but child labor is certainly illegal where I live and I do not get to see poor families sending away their children to be abused by some other family. That would land people in jail. As a matter of fact, kids from poor families are being taken care of. They get to eat, they get money for clothes, they go to school, they have free access to healthcare, their books are paid for by the government and even the expanses for school trips are covered. Their parents do not have to beg for it and they do not have to suffer for the decisions their parents have made or not made.

Prostitution is illegal most everywhere yet it thrives like a Palm tree beside the sea.

I am sure that even with the social security, there is a thick ceiling those welfare kids cannot break.

Like I said, Nigeria is not optimal; I just disagree that it is the 10th most unsafe country to raise a kid.
Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by bukatyne(f): 3:00pm On Apr 22, 2018
jusRadical:

American and Britain are the worst.

Many folks there are wishing that they could send their kids down here to get sense.

I don't know about UK & US worse than Nigeria or anywhere else for that matter.

I do agree that some parents want to ship their kids here to 'have sense'.
Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by OmoAlata1(f): 4:24pm On Apr 22, 2018
Who did this study? They need to add United States on that list with all the school shooting going around. You can’t safely send your kids to school anymore cos you don’t know if you will receive a bad call before day end.

I know parents who are opting for homeschooling now
Re: 10 Countries You Should Avoid Raising Kids Or Starting A Family by Nobody: 6:47pm On Apr 22, 2018
bukatyne:

I don't know about UK & US worse than Nigeria or anywhere else for that matter.

I do agree that some parents want to ship their kids here to 'have sense'.

Daluso (thank you)

(1) (2) (Reply)

My Friend Is Getting Married To A Prostitute / Would You Buy Designer Clothes For Your Kid? / What Lesson Can We Learned From These Pictures

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.