Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,114 members, 7,849,483 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 10:24 PM

Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God (397 Views)

Pastor Chris Oyakhilome: Woman Was Not God's Original Idea (video) / Messi Is Not “god” – Pope Francis / Pastor Adeboye: Stop Using My Pictures On Souvenirs, I Am Not God (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Lifted2000: 11:13am On May 20, 2022
The greatest insult that you can give a Christian is to tell him that Jesus (Yeshua) is not God.

When you say that you are denying the very essence of His being and equating Him to man.

This is a red line for us but it is crossed every day yet we take it in our stride.

We do not kill or threaten to kill because of it and neither do we show our pain when others deny Him.

That does not mean that your lack of understanding of our faith or your denial of our beliefs does not hurt us. I assure you that it does.

To the Christian, Jesus is not a Prophet but the second leg of the Holy Trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

He is God incarnate that came down in the flesh and He is the Lamb of God that came to take away the sins of the world.

He is the rock of our salvation, our provider and our strong defender. He is our Shield, our glory and the lifter of our Heads.

We adore Him, we worship Him, we love Him more than life itself and we regard Him as our EVERYTHING.

To us He is far more than a mortal and it is to Him that we pray and make our supplications every day.

I will never shy away from saying this and I would rather die than deny His grace, love, mercy, compassion and DEITY.

He alone gives us courage, He alone gives us life, He alone gives us hope and to Him alone do we go when our work on earth is done.

He is the Blood of the Sprinkling, the El Shaddai, the Adonai, the Elohim and the I AM, THAT I AM.

He is the Rose of Sharon, the Lily of the Valley and the Man of War.

He is the Ancient of Days, the Lord Hosts and the Prince of Peace.

His power, His glory and His majesty stretches through the ages and into eternity.

He is the Lord of creation and the Master of the Universe who knows the end even before the beginning.

He is the Alpha and the Omega: the beginning and the end, to whom the sun, the moon, the stars, the planets, the waters, the fires, the winds, the elemental forces and the whole of creation bow.

He is Jehova Elyon who sits above the circles of the earth, who holds the universe together by the power of His word, who gives life and who kills and who is filled with mercy, love and compassion.

He is Yeshua Hamashiach who favours the bold, who provides for the poor and who is husband to the widow and father to the fatherless.

He is Jehova El Gibbor who gives blessings, mercy, favour, power and honor to whom He deems fit, who rules in the affairs of men and who forges the destiny of nations.

He is Yeshua El Parazim who gave His life as a living sacrifice, who paid for our sins, who conquered death, who rose again and whose train fills the Temple.

He is the Holy One of Israel before whom the Angels, the Archangels and the 24 Elders cry HOLY, HOLY HOLY!

He ALONE is God, none can deny Him and none can stand beside Him!

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by angelEmade: 11:24am On May 20, 2022
Lifted2000:
The greatest insult that you can give a Christian is to tell him that Jesus (Yeshua) is not God.

When you say that you are denying the very essence of His being and equating Him to man.

This is a red line for us but it is crossed every day yet we take it in our stride.

We do not kill or threaten to kill because of it and neither do we show our pain when others deny Him.

That does not mean that your lack of understanding of our faith or your denial of our beliefs does not hurt us. I assure you that it does.

To the Christian, Jesus is not a Prophet but the second leg of the Holy Trinity of God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit.

He is God incarnate that came down in the flesh and He is the Lamb of God that came to take away the sins of the world.

He is the rock of our salvation, our provider and our strong defender. He is our Shield, our glory and the lifter of our Heads.

We adore Him, we worship Him, we love Him more than life itself and we regard Him as our EVERYTHING.

To us He is far more than a mortal and it is to Him that we pray and make our supplications every day.

I will never shy away from saying this and I would rather die than deny His grace, love, mercy, compassion and DEITY.

He alone gives us courage, He alone gives us life, He alone gives us hope and to Him alone do we go when our work on earth is done.

He is the Blood of the Sprinkling, the El Shaddai, the Adonai, the Elohim and the I AM, THAT I AM.

His power, His glory and His majesty stretches through the ages and into eternity.

He is the Lord of creation and the Master of the Universe who knows the end even before the beginning.

He is the Alpha and the Omega: the beginning and the end, to whom the sun, the moon, the stars, the planets, the waters, the fires, the winds, the elemental forces and the whole of creation bow.

He is Jehova Elyon who sits above the circles of the earth, who holds the universe together by the power of His word, who gives life and who kills and who is filled with mercy, love and compassion.

He is Yeshua Hamashiach who favours the bold, who provides for the poor and who is husband to the widow and father to the fatherless.

He is Jehova El Gibbor who gives blessings, mercy, favour, power and honor to whom He deems fit, who rules in the affairs of men and who forges the destiny of nations.

He is Yeshua El Parazim who gave His life as a living sacrifice, who paid for our sins, who conquered death, who rose again and whose train fills the Temple.

He is the Holy One of Israel before whom the Angels, the Archangels and the 24 Elders cry HOLY, HOLY HOLY!

OP you spoke my mind. This is what I always say, if we are to really condemn blasphemy, then we have to realize these things. I doubt Jesus is even mentioned in any other 'holy books of other religions' but it is weird that some other religions are quick to tag our lord and saviour and our God as a 'prophet' regardless of how significant you make him look as a prophet, it is a huge blasphemy cux in christianity, Jesus is God.
But it also applies to Satan too. We all know that traditionalists and satanists all worship satan...the same satan western and Arab religions are always castigating. It is a redline for them too and it is crossed everyday...

This is why everyone has to realize that killing for 'the almighty' is wrong and nonsensical. It is a sort of thing that only terrorists do. If you let one ideology rob you of your reasoning and you can go ahead to take the life of an human being created in God's image, you are not serving that God. You are a murderer! We all worship an 'almighty'. Let us leave him to fight for himself afterall we worship him because he is an all powerful 'God'

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Kobojunkie: 12:58pm On May 20, 2022
Lifted2000:
Try not to pretend you speak for all Christians in your delusion abeg! undecided

Jesus Christ, the God over those who infact follow Him, spoke of Himself as a prophet when He affirmed the message that God gave to Moses indicating He would send a Prophet like Moses to the people - Deuteronomy 18 vs 14 - 17. If Jesus Christ Himself confirmed that He indeed is the Prophet like Moses written of by Moses, what in the world are you here arguing about? undecided

Also, Jesus Christ taught His followers that it is indeed not blasphemous for men to insult Him and even insult God, so who are you to declare blasphemous that which God never declared so? undecided

Who are you to attempt to add law where God has given none, committing a sin against God by such action, yet pretending yourself of God by it?, undecided
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Kobojunkie: 1:01pm On May 20, 2022
angelEmade:

1. OP you spoke my mind. This is what I always say, if we are to really condemn blasphemy, then we have to realize these things. I doubt Jesus is even mentioned in any other 'holy books of other religions' but it is weird that some other religions are quick to tag our lord and saviour and our God as a 'prophet' regardless of how significant you make him look as a prophet, it is a huge blasphemy cux in christianity, Jesus is God.
But it also applies to Satan too. We all know that traditionalists and satanists all worship satan...the same satan western and Arab religions are always castigating. It is a redline for them too and it is crossed everyday...

2. This is why everyone has to realize that killing for 'the almighty' is wrong and nonsensical. It is a sort of thing that only terrorists do. If you let one ideology rob you of your reasoning and you can go ahead to take the life of an human being created in God's image, you are not serving that God. You are a murderer! We all worship an 'almighty'. Let us leave him to fight for himself afterall we worship him because he is an all powerful 'God'
Stop lying! undecided

1. Jesus Christ instead taught that it isn't blasphemous to insult Him. undecided

2. No, we do not all worship the same God. undecided
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Zulu2022: 3:49pm On May 20, 2022
If Jesus is God then ,do u believe in reincarnation? and why do the have to say he is son of God,even wen he say his father's house in heaven,or should we say,even let the will of God be done,so many to talk,clear me
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Janosky: 3:54pm On May 20, 2022
Lifted2000:

You no dey read Bible at all.
John 20:17, did Jesus Christ agree with your claims?
Slaves of Constantine (Nicene) Creed.
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by MorningStar233: 3:57pm On May 20, 2022
Christian mods when will you guys implement oath taking before commenting on any Christian thread?
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Kobojunkie: 4:01pm On May 20, 2022
Zulu2022:
1.If Jesus is God then ,do u believe in reincarnation?

2. and why do the have to say he is son of God,even wen he say his father's house in heaven,or should we say,even let the will of God be done,so many to talk,clear me
1. What has Jesus Christ being God to do with reincarnation?, undecided

2. God Himself is written to have announced Jesus Christ as His Son on two different occasions there in the Gospels. That is one of the reasons why He is recognized as the Son of God. undecided
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Janosky: 4:03pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:

2. God Himself is written to have announced Jesus Christ as His Son on two different occasions there in the Gospels. That is one of the reasons why He is recognized as the Son of God. undecided
Yet you claim he is God and son of himself grin
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by angelEmade: 4:57pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
Stop lying! undecided

1. Jesus Christ instead taught that it isn't blasphemous to insult Him. undecided

2. No, we do not all worship the same God. undecided
We all worship an almighty doesnt mean the same as we all worship the same all mighty.

In my context, a good comprehension of English would yield an understanding that follows this narrative. "Everyone of us have a certain almighty that we worship"
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Kobojunkie: 5:27pm On May 20, 2022
angelEmade:
1. We all worship an almighty doesnt mean the same as we all worship the same all mighty.

2. In my context, a good comprehension of English would yield an understanding that follows this narrative. "Everyone of us have a certain almighty that we worship"
1. That statement is false since it is born of the delusions of your mind ignoring known facts. undecided

2. That we each have a certain almighty that we worship does not mean we all worship the same almighty. undecided

The comprehension issue here stems from your lack. undecided
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Zulu2022: 5:56pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:

okay cos most ppl believe he is reincarnation of God,but such christain as well don believe in human reincarnation as well
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Kobojunkie: 5:58pm On May 20, 2022
Zulu2022:
okay cos most ppl believe he is reincarnation of God,but such christain as well don believe in human reincarnation as well
Reincarnation of God? That sounds pretty much like bullsheet.... undecided

Jesus Christ is God, not a reincarnation of God. But God is not Jesus Christ. This is what Jesus Christ taught His followers. undecided
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Zulu2022: 6:01pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:

Jesus Christ is God, not a reincarnation of God. But God is not Jesus Christ. This is what Jesus Christ taught His followers. undecided
so who's voice was heard from heaven wen Jesus was baptized and y do he has to tell his fellowers to pray,in the name of the father,who art in heaven ...so many instances bro if say he is God
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Kobojunkie: 6:04pm On May 20, 2022
Zulu2022:
so who's voice was heard from heaven wen Jesus was baptized and y do he has to tell his fellowers to pray,in the name of the father,who art in heaven ...so many instances bro if say he is God
You are not making any sense here.... undecided
Kobojunkie:
He is God over those who are His followers. If you are not His follower, you don't need to worry yourself about what that means since it only applies to those who belong to Him.. undecided
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Zulu2022: 6:06pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are not making any sense here.... undecided

Again....1. What has Jesus Christ being God to do with reincarnation?, undecided

better than say Jesus is God,stop confusing ursef
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Kobojunkie: 6:07pm On May 20, 2022
Zulu2022:
better than say Jesus is God,stop confusing ursef
You are still not making any sense at all.. undecided
Kobojunkie:

This all has nothing to do with you or what you would rather believe.. undecided
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Zulu2022: 6:51pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
You are still not making any sense at all.. undecided This all has nothing to do with you or what you would rather believe.. undecided
lol,abeg oga u win,no strength here
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by angelEmade: 9:07pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
1. That statement is false since it is born of the delusions of your mind ignoring known facts. undecided

2. That we each have a certain almighty that we worship does not mean we all worship the same almighty. undecided

Confirmed! English is not as easy as we often take it. You still don't get it, yet you are parading yourself here carelessly with some words in contexts that you certainly do not and have refused to try and comprehend.
You continue to assume that the statement means that we all have an almighty we worship even when I clearly clarified the known. The foregoing is obvious but again, you are being carelessly rigid with your resolve.
Go take back your tuition from whatever college you attended. They owe it to you.
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by angelEmade: 9:10pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:

angelEmade:
1. We all worship an almighty doesn't mean the same as "we all worship the same all mighty."
We al have different I.Q. levels so I decided to make it simpler for you.
You are welcome.
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by Kobojunkie: 9:39pm On May 20, 2022
angelEmade:

angelEmade:
1. We all worship an almighty doesn't mean the same as "we all worship the same all mighty."
We al have different I.Q. levels so I decided to make it simpler for you.
You are welcome.
undecided

▪︎Some folks worship the dollar which ofcourse isn't almighty since.... the dollar just ain't!

▪︎Some folks worship self - definitely none almighty out there
What this means is that the statement, "we all worship an almighty" is itself wrong to begin with. Also wrong are the claims ," We all worship the same almighty" and "Everyone of us have a certain almighty that we worship" undecided
Re: Greatest Insult, Redline: Jesus Is Not God by angelEmade: 10:07pm On May 20, 2022
Kobojunkie:
undecided

▪︎Some folks worship the dollar which ofcourse isn't almighty since.... the dollar just ain't!

▪︎Some folks worship self - definitely none almighty out there
What this means is that the statement, "we all worship an almighty" is itself wrong to begin with. Also wrong are the claims ," We all worship the same almighty" and "Everyone of us have a certain almighty that we worship" undecided
'almighty' is subjective in my context. People who worship money are slaves to money. And like you said some people actually worship weirder things. 'The almighty is in the heart of the beholder'
#peace

(1) (Reply)

Join Wonders Without Number Family - July Edition / "Economy Is Bad, Increase Your Tithes, Stop Giving God Only 10%"- Popular Pastor / To Hell With Your Canon Law, Parishioners Tell Bishop

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.