Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,238 members, 7,818,811 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:11 AM

What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? (629 Views)

Searching For Frontend Development Internship / Programming Languages Needed For Data Science / Learn The Fundamental Of Programming Using The Zoom App. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by Brogrammer(m): 6:11pm On May 20, 2022
In your opinion, what are the fundamentalprogramming languages needed for frontend development?
Re: What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by Solanaa: 6:17pm On May 20, 2022
Html
CSS
JAVASCRIPT

WITH A TOUCH (basic knowledge)OF REACT, php or even python.

1 Like

Re: What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by airsaylongcome: 6:24pm On May 20, 2022
Solanaa:
Html
CSS
JAVASCRIPT

WITH A TOUCH (basic knowledge)OF REACT, php or even python.

HTML and CSS are NOT programming languages
Re: What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by Solanaa: 6:38pm On May 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Yes But we have to welcome our newbie fess angry grin smiley
Re: What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by Brogrammer(m): 8:28pm On May 20, 2022
airsaylongcome:

So it's JavaScript right?
Re: What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by FlameHashira: 12:20pm On May 21, 2022
Brogrammer:

So it's JavaScript right?
The fundermental building block for a website is html followed by CSS JavaScript is an add on so are the rest
Re: What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by platymus: 1:53pm On May 21, 2022
I love your question! As a fullstack engineer you see the whole picture but for front-end developers it is different. As a front-end developer you need to know the three fundamental technology of the web{html,CSS and JavaScript},one tool for ui development {adobexd,InDesign,figma},some graphics tools(Photoshop,illustrator),you will use these tools for mockup and prototyping but in some organisations the UI/UX team is different from those that build the actual front-end but my advice is to learn it as a front-end developer. Also some important frameworks and libraries: one of reactjs or vuejs. Also get to know JavaScript web APIs like webrtc,fileapi,fetch, intersection observer,etc.
Get use to babeljs and webpack but if you feel webpack is too much then start with gulpjs. Also get to know about performance and optimization. Another thing I will advice you add to your skill set is building PWAs (Progressive Web Apps). You must love to learn!I which you great success!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by jbreezy: 2:07pm On May 21, 2022
platymus:
I love your question! As a fullstack engineer you see the whole picture but for front-end developers it is different. As a front-end developer you need to know the three fundamental technology of the web{html,CSS and JavaScript},one tool for ui development {adobexd,InDesign,figma},some graphics tools(Photoshop,illustrator),you will use these tools for mockup and prototyping but in some organisations the UI/UX team is different from those that build the actual front-end but my advice is to learn it as a front-end developer. Also some important frameworks and libraries: one of reactjs or vuejs. Also get to know JavaScript web APIs like webrtc,fileapi,fetch, intersection observer,etc.
Get use to babeljs and webpack but if you feel webpack is too much then start with gulpjs. Also get to know about performance and optimization. Another thing I will advice you add to your skill set is building PWAs (Progressive Web Apps). You must love to learn!I which you great success!
I wish I could like this 100,000 times
Re: What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by Brogrammer(m): 3:15pm On May 21, 2022
platymus:

This is very insightful, thanks.
Inasmuch as HTML and CSS are the building blocks of every web pages, can we consider them a frontend programming language??
Re: What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by silento(m): 3:50pm On May 21, 2022
Html
CSS
JavaScript

Then go back to CSS
Omor if u know CSS at less 80% the rules and functions

U will never lack again

1 Like

Re: What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by platymus: 3:53pm On May 21, 2022
Brogrammer:

This is very insightful, thanks.
Inasmuch as HTML and CSS are the building blocks of every web pages, can we consider them a frontend programming language??

HTML is a markup language not strictly a programming language. That means we use html to tell what something(text,image,etc) is but not what it does. It does not defined a variable neither can you loop over arrays in HTML.
CSS is styling language used to give a feel and design to HTML. CSS styles HTML period. CSS is also not a programming language.
Understand that the computer language are in varieties! But the computer itself only understands binary,0&1!
We can keep digging deep but suffice to say that HTML and CSS are not programming language as you can never you any of them to write a standalone program but you can use JavaScript,nodejs,PHP,c++,golang,etc. to write standalone programs!
Re: What Are The Fundamental Programming Languages Needed For Frontend Development? by oscarclark1: 4:56pm On May 21, 2022
Have a degree in Computer Science or similar field. Be proficient in coding languages such as HTML, CSS, JavaScript, and jQuery. Understand server-side CSS. Be experienced with design applications.Surprisingly, I still see people on the internet wondering why the demand for front-end developers is getting higher and higher when their job is much easier than the one of the back-end developers.

(1) (Reply)

What Should I Do "Hear Me Out" / Think Tech / Twitter Automation Problem

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.