Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,371 members, 7,836,500 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Episode 3. - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Episode 3. (267 Views)

Bride For Rent (orebe's Version) Episode 7 / Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Season 1. / A Bride For November By Rose Akpabio (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Bride For Rent (Orebe's Version) Episode 3. by Preccy1012(f): 12:29am On May 21, 2022
Season 1 Episode 3

(It's early morning, everyone is still asleep in the sitting room while Orebe hears a knock at the door, she hurries to wake her seven siblings).

Orebe:
(Whispering)
Wake up wake up, the crazy man is here, everybody wake up.

(Their parent rushes from their room to join them as they gather to discuss, whispering).

Orebe:
I guess today is his birthday so...

Wasiu:
(Interjects)
No, I think it's his wedding anniversary.

(The door gets banged violently).

Orebe:
Okay okay, immediately I open the door, we are going to wish him a happy wedding anniversary.

Bobo: I think we should sing for him.

Wasiu: that is a good idea, let's sing happy birthday remix for him.

(He bangs the door violently again)

Orebe:
Okay, are we ready?

All:
(Whispers)
Yes yes yes.

All:
(Immediately she opens the door they echo)
Happy wedding anniversary! Happy wedding anniversary, happy wedding anniversary... (Singing)

Landlord:
(Shuts them)
Keep quiet! Keep quiet, don't bribe me with that, which wife did you bestow to me? that you are wishing me a happy wedding anniversary, rubbish!

Wasiu:
I thought you'd gotten married to aunty Cecilia oh.

Aba:
Me, I thought it was aunty Bimbo sef.

Landlord:
Will you keep shut, see, I came here to inform you that even if you have my money already, which I know you don't have, I will still throw your properties out of this house tonight, so, to make it easy for my boys, please, package your things properly this morning.

Orebe:
(Pleading)
Please sir, we are sorry sir, please, give us more time, we will pay your money.

Landlord:
Orebe, it is late, I've rented this house out and the person will be packing in tomorrow, but because of God, I brought this ‘sakasaka’ (meaning: cereal sacks) for you to pack your things.

(He throws the sacks to the floor before them).

Landlord: see you tonight.

(After he left, Orebe packs the sacks, shut the door and starts to distribute them among her siblings).

Orebe:
(To Aba)
Take, use it to console yourself, at least, you've gotten something to pack your dirty boxers now.

(Everyone is sober and melancholic).

Orebe:
(To her mum)
Mummy, you too take, I hope one will be enough for you sha, if not you will have to dispose of your used powder and cream containers oh.

Mummy:
Shebi I told you I want to sell them now.

Orebe:
Daddy, you too take, na comrade you be.

Rebe:
Oooh! Aunty Orebe, please, keep quiet, it's not everything you will joke with.

Orebe:
Boya you should come and beat me.

Mummy:
Rebecca, calm down, everything will be fine by God's grace.

Orebe:
That is for sure mummy, it's a matter of time, I've gotten an acting contract that will change our lives forever if I do well.

Rebe:
(Ear pops)
Seriously?

Orebe:
Yes, all you need to do now is to pray for me so I don't Bleep up.

Aba:
Okay, everybody close your eyes for prayer, let's bind the evil spirit of Orebe in her so she won't Bleep up.

Daddy:
AH! If you bind her spirit you've killed her niyen.

Mummy:
Please, my daughter, take it easy with your boss this time oh, you can see how we are suffering now, please, be nice to everyone this time.

Orebe:
Mummy, I will try.

Wasiu:
You better turn a new leaf.

Orebe:
Okay, you should bring a watering can and water to wet the leaf so it can turn new, nonsense.

To be continued.

Thanks for reading, don't forget to check my Twitter page @ Preccy1012 for more content, I write scripts and commercial scripts too.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

From Top To Bottom / Earn Massive $$$ Publishing And Selling Books On Amazon / 360contents.com | Get High-quality Content Writing Services

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.