Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,507 members, 7,819,838 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 02:10 AM

My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic (3358 Views)

We Are Not Leaving Nigeria - Virgin Atlantic / Nigerian Brushing His Teeth On London Train, Video & Photos Go Viral / Virgin Atlantic Flight To Uk To Make Stop Over In Ghana Due to Fuel Shortage (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by bigspif(m): 12:22pm On Aug 09, 2007
[b]The Cargo is Cocaine… Aboard Virgin Atlantic
By Chinedu Eze, 08.09.2007

His destination has suddenly changed. Initially, he was to travel to London as a member of the crew of a British airline. But now, Mohammed Ibrahim Wudil may end up in jail.
Wudil, a Nigerian member of Virgin Atlantic Airways crew, was yesterday caught with 1.743 kilogrammes of a substance suspected to be cocaine by officers of the National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) at the Murtala Mohammed International Airport, Lagos.
He was to be part of flight number VS 652 and registration number G-VFIT on its way to London Heathrow. The flight was grounded by the NDLEA pending further investigation.
Ofoyeju Mitchell, the Public Affairs Officer of the agency, confirmed to reporters last night that the suspect was nabbed with the substance concealed in a black polythene bag inside a hand luggage hidden in the flight compartment.
When questioned by officers of the drug body, Ibrahim was said to have confessed to having collected the parcel from one Fowy for a fee of four thousand dollars (N508, 000).
He was also said to have confessed to the NDLEA that this was the third time he was trafficking in hard drugs.
He was given a picture frame containing drugs by TJ twice in January 2007 to deliver to a Nigerian based in London simply identified as Fowy, he allegedly confessed.
Ibrahim also narrated to the agency that he later had an accident and could not fly for four months. When he regained fitness and started working again, he met Fowy again in London who told him that the picture frames he brought in January actually contained drugs. He wanted them to discuss the “terms of the trade” because he wished to increase the quantity.
“It was then they agreed on the sum of four thousand dollars. However, our investigation revealed that this was actually the fifth time. Twice he took drugs ignorantly and twice he knowingly carried drugs before he was caught the third time,” NDLEA said.
The suspect who is single and 34 years, hails from Wudi town in Wudi Local Government Area of Kano State and he has been working with Virgin Atlantic for the past five years.
The management of Virgin Nigeria Airways confirmed the story. “Virgin Atlantic can confirm that the VS652 flight due to operate from Lagos to Heathrow is currently delayed in Lagos due to Nigerian authorities requesting that the aircraft remains at the airport whilst they conduct a customs investigation.
“The management said that the airline is cooperating fully with the authorities and would like to apologise to all passengers for any inconvenience this delay may cause them,” it said in a statement.
Commenting on the incident, the Director General/Secretary of NDLEA, Otunba Lanre Ipinmisho, said, “The trend is becoming disturbing; as a result the Agency is determined to reverse it. He promised that investigation will be meticulously carried out to crack down on the faceless actors behind the dastardly act”.
He said the aircraft had been impounded pending the outcome of investigation, adding that the agency was conscious of the quality service the airline is rendering and would not detain it longer than necessary.
There has been increased spate of drug trafficking by airline crew of airlines operating from Nigeria.
A few weeks ago, a crew member of a Nigerian airline was also caught with 3.3 kilogrammes of cocaine on his way to London. A Nigerian home movie celebrity was also arrested and convicted last year.
Crew members usually pass through the “fast track” route at the departure section of the airport and are exempt from serious security screening.
In 1987, a pilot with the now defunct Nigerian Airways, Billy Eko, was caught with a large quantity of cocaine in the United States. He was charged to court and sentenced to ten years imprisonment.[/b]

I was woken up this morning by a loud and nagging call from a collegue informing me that my good friend was nabbed carrying cocaine to London by NDLEA guys at MM Airport. The news was shocking and sad, it made me think back in the past when we use to be in scull back in those days. You could never imagine that my friend could even bite a finger talkless of smuggling coke. He was very calm, hardworking and religious which was why i was supprised by the news. He also cared very much for his friends and family cos i know what his career did to his people in terms of assistance. embarassed embarassed embarassed

Please what do you think lead our young generation into this kind of mess despite the fact that they earns a good wages (his salary monthly is higher than what he was paid to carry the package)
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by mrpataki(m): 1:36pm On Aug 09, 2007
big spif:

I was woken up this morning by a loud and nagging call from a collegue informing me that my good friend was nabbed carrying cocaine to London by NDLEA guys at MM Airport. The news was shocking and sad, it made me think back in the past when we use to be in scull back in those days. You could never imagine that my friend could even bite a finger talkless of smuggling coke. He was very calm, hardworking and religious which was why i was supprised by the news. He also cared very much for his friends and family because i know what his career did to his people in terms of assistance. embarassed embarassed embarassed

The greatest trick the devil could ever use was to make the whole world believe he does not exist!

When the goodies were coming in for him, did you come here to tell us? Please we all have issues to face, here is one that tries to pull down the image of the nation.

Absolute nonsense. Good for him angry
My bit!
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by bigspif(m): 3:02pm On Aug 09, 2007
@mrpataki
Im not in support of what he did and not trying to cover for him, just that i was shocked with his action, afterall he earns a very good salary and was wondering what could have lead him to this evil deed.
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by vikiviko(m): 5:38pm On Aug 09, 2007
Too bad, he didn't bargain for it.
I always pity people like him , he looks so innocent.
What could have made him do it, i heard he was promised $4000.
Meaning he could have been doing it for long.
Any which way , let justice take its course.
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by olurotimi(m): 5:41pm On Aug 09, 2007
, It wasn't a lucky day 4 him though may God grant him mercy.The hussle !! shit!!!
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by mrpataki(m): 6:26pm On Aug 09, 2007
big spif:

@mrpataki
I'm not in support of what he did and not trying to cover for him, just that i was shocked with his action, afterall he earns a very good salary and was wondering what could have lead him to this evil deed.

The love of money is the root of all evil. You have a well paying job, yet you are not contented. There are hundreds of thousands of Nigerian youths out there seeking and begging for a honest means of living, yet he has got one, he was stupid to use it for a wicked purpose. Imagine the shame it has brought on Nigeria again! I can imagine if I was on that flight, the agony of been flown back to my base station, just because of the wickedness of a mere flight attendant.

I have seen what drugs like cocaine can do! He may look gentle and quiet, but he deserves all the punishment that goes with such an act if indeed he knew about it all!

I have an uncle who was into heavy drugs for well over ten years now, no one knows his whereabout till tomorrow! Whether he is alive or not, I care the less again.

But those who are its smugglers, should be dealt with. He should have ben caught in countries like Libya, and lets consider whether he will ever see the living day light again.

Absolute nonsense. angry
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by simplyme3(f): 6:32pm On Aug 09, 2007
i pity u - wait till aNDLEA people read this and comes after u.
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by TheOne2(m): 7:59pm On Aug 09, 2007
If you read the story, you'll see that the barons did a good job on him. It's the classic that every scam uses i.e. prove that it safe and then throw the bait. He delivered picture frames to people in London 2 times without knowing what was inside i.e. drugs. It was after this that they opened up and told him they want to increase the size and since he has seen that it is safe to do it, would he name his price? He did, fell for the temptation, and here he is now.

It's unfortunate sha
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by Nobody: 12:04am On Aug 10, 2007
@original poster

just to correct sumfin

4000 dollars is abt 700,000

as a flight crew member of VIRGIN ATLANTIC he could not have earned that much in one month so I can see why 4000 dollars wud be tempting

I still don't understand how he cud have brought any picture frames on board a flight
I have a friend in an airline and i cudnt get her to take a letter for me. She kept saying that there were regulations abt taking things from people unto aircrafts
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by BABEELOVE(f): 7:38pm On Aug 10, 2007
Greed not money is the root of all evil!!! I wonder why people are never satisfied with what they have As you make your bed, so you must lie on it. Sleep tight and pleasant dreams in Kirikiri!!! tongue
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by woodboi(m): 11:07pm On Aug 13, 2007
Money is not the root of all evil,but the love of it over rule is brain.
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by edmondo(m): 11:15pm On Aug 13, 2007
the guy look innocent bt at the same time he just av to pay 4 his wrong doing
as u lay your bed to lie on it.
the worship of moni is the root of all evil
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by swiftycool(m): 1:05pm On Aug 15, 2007
BABEELOVE:

Greed not money is the root of all evil!!!

The love of money = Greed
Greed = The love of money

Recently i realised that Nigeria laws can get him off with as little as N1million fine like was imposed on the disgraced Nigerian actress WUNMI,  somethingThanx to our porous and curuptable Courts and Judges your friend might be out in no time, Like WUNMI the yoruba actress since N1 Milla might not be that difficult for him to arrange base on his job type.
So just wait till u see what curruption can cause $#@@%^&*%!!!. then he can go and do it again angry
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by john143: 7:24am On Mar 11, 2011
Hmmm, well as 4 me, i have no reason to pity the young man, the only pple i would pity is his family cos he has dragged the name of the family in the flood, that wud serve as a leason to others.
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by suxes2005(m): 8:18am On Mar 11, 2011
john143:

Hmmm, well as 4 me, i have no reason to pity the young man, the only pple i would pity is his family cos he has dragged the name of the family in the flood, that wud serve as a leason to others.

Same here, i pity his family. But he is kinda crazy as well
why would he settle and take such a big risk cos of that
ridiculous money.

I heard his salary is more than that, even though he needs
to take risk he would have done it on a high scale.

I do not pity him at all, maybe na hausa guy

SHALOM
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by john143: 12:35pm On Mar 11, 2011
Hmmmmm, he should start praying cos it is only God that will see him trough this matter and if he eventually succeed and be released i strongly believe he will learn his leason and not go back to it again,
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by john143: 2:14pm On Mar 11, 2011
@suxes2005, the point thing is that, our judges should try to always give a condition that would not involve money atall cos those criminals r ready to pay off whatever the judges say they pay. For instancance, if they catch anybody again, they should try and investigate all the asset the criminal has acquired, it cud be houses, cars.even what he or she has in bank account, when government takes all these from the criminal and also ask him or her to go and serve in the prison for 1 year, i think that wud help the matter.
Re: My Friend Caught With Cocaine On London Bound Virgin Atlantic by suxes2005(m): 10:34pm On Mar 11, 2011
john143:

@suxes2005, the point thing is that, our judges should try to always give a condition that would not involve money atall cos those criminals r ready to pay off whatever the judges say they pay. For instancance, if they catch anybody again, they should try and investigate all the asset the criminal has acquired, it cud be houses, cars.even what he or she has in bank account, when government takes all these from the criminal and also ask him or her to go and serve in the prison for 1 year, i think that wud help the matter.

Criminal you call them? Well they might be in your own
sight but to me they arent as bad as our govt officials

Let the anointing flow from the top. Corrupt asshole politicians
should be jailed and their properties taken away and also stop
them from any political stuff in future, then let there be law
for all these stuff as well

I still maintain, the guy is dumb, why should he have risked
his life for such shit? Not up to his salary. mtcheeeeeeeeeeeeew

SHALOM

(1) (Reply)

My Experience At NIS Passport Office In Calabar Today / OMG!!! This Nigerian Dude Actually Applied For Visa To Eritrea (PHOTO) / X

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.