Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,505 members, 7,819,831 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 01:59 AM

Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad (3210 Views)

VP Osinbajo Drives Kona, Nigerian-Made Electric Car At #MadeInNigeria Exhibition / What Is The Maximum Mileage Of A Toyota Corolla? / What Is The Average Mileage Of Car Per Year In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 5:09am On May 22, 2022
Someone one wants to buy a car and the mileage is about 242474miles for about 2.3 million, is it good enough? Please help I know nothing about cars
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by otipoju(m): 6:09am On May 22, 2022
arthurwillia:
Someone one wants to buy a car and the mileage is about 242474miles for about 2.3 million, is it good enough? Please help I know nothing about cars

What year make and model is the car.

At 242, 474 the car is closer to its grave . It is like a 70 years old man that will be lucky to get to 90 years old.

5 Likes

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by xperiencelove(m): 6:38am On May 22, 2022
What make and model is the car for us to know if that is the actual mileage of the car?
If that is the actual mileage, the car is very good.
Don't be deceived, most car you see at the dealers' car lots have had their mileage rolled back by half of the original mileage. Getting a car of 242k actual mileage is not bad.

8 Likes

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by Dozieson(m): 7:11am On May 22, 2022
xperiencelove:
What make and model is the car for us to know if that is the actual mileage of the car?
Don't be deceived, most car you see at the dealers' car lots have had their mileage rolled back by half of the original mileage. Getting a car of 242k actual mileage is not bad.

Gbam! Are you buying a Nigerian used? Or foreign used? Original 242k toks is a good buy as far as no rust and not an accident car

5 Likes

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by brightest5050: 8:48am On May 22, 2022
arthurwillia:

Don't be deceived some high mileage cars (like 242474) could be better than a low mileage car. What matters is the maintainance that has been done.

If the high mileage car is Tok and you want to buy from oversea you can check If the car was bought brand new with one single owner (up on till the time of sale, if its bought brand new then there is good assumption that the seller maintained the car well and had good means (income) of maintaining it as it was bought brand new.

If the car is Nigeria used, well I'm skeptic about such cars because we don't really have good maintainance culture (except you know for sure the service history of the car.

Some factors to look out for

Brand:
Some brand and model of cars are work horse. If well maintained the life of a Toyota car (generally regardless of model) usually start at 242474 other model the life of the car start at 300,000 miles, same as the older version of Peugeot 504 and other cars.

3 Likes

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 1:23pm On May 22, 2022
otipoju:

What year make and model is the car.

At 242, 474 the car is closer to its grave . It is like a 70 years old man that will be lucky to get to 90 years old.

Hmm thats what I’m thinking oo
It’s 2004 Toyota Highlander 4plug

1 Like

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 1:24pm On May 22, 2022
xperiencelove:

It’s Toyota Highlander 2004 4plug
Hmm the can even roll back
Na wa o
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 1:25pm On May 22, 2022
Dozieson:

Gbam! Are you buying a Nigerian used? Or foreign used? Original 242k toks is a good buy as far as no rust and not an accident car

It’s original toks direct from usa
Not accident car
Everything is good just the mileage and price of about 2.4 for buying and shipping

1 Like

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 1:27pm On May 22, 2022
brightest5050:

Don't be deceived some high mileage cars (like 242474) could be better than a low mileage car. What matters is the maintainance that has been done.

If the high mileage car is Tok and you want to buy from oversea you can check If the car was bought brand new with one single owner (up on till the time of sale, if its bought brand new then there is good assumption that the seller maintained the car well and had good means (income) of maintaining it as it was bought brand new.

If the car is Nigeria used, well I'm skeptic about such cars because we don't really have good maintainance culture (except you know for sure the service history of the car.

Some factors to look out for

Brand:
Some brand and model of cars are work horse. If well maintained the life of a Toyota car (generally regardless of model) usually start at 242474 other model the life of the car start at 300,000 miles, same as the older version of Peugeot 504 and other cars.

Wow thanks for taking your time to break this down for me, it means a lot and it answered most of my question

It’s Toyota Highlander 2004 4plug Direct tok
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by xperiencelove(m): 2:58pm On May 22, 2022
04 toks vehicle with 242k actual mileage is one of the best on our road. Verify if that is the actual mileage online or it has been rolled back too.
arthurwillia:

It’s Toyota Highlander 2004 4plug
Hmm the can even roll back
Na wa o
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 3:23pm On May 22, 2022
xperiencelove:
04 toks vehicle with 242k actual mileage is one of the best on our road. Verify if that is the actual mileage online or it has been rolled back too.
That’s lovely
Is there a way to verify online? I saw it in the auction site anyway they put it there..
thanks so much
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by bayooz(m): 3:43pm On May 22, 2022
The expected average annual mileage for a car is 15000 miles. Supposing a car is manufactured 10 years ago, the expected average mileage is 150,000 miles. If well maintained and properly serviced, some small engines have lifespan of 300,000. Many get up to over 500,000 especially German brands and Toyota brands especially V6 and V8.
Purpose of use such as rental, police car, 2nd car, etc matter too.
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by CarGuideNG: 6:19pm On May 22, 2022
arthurwillia:

That’s lovely
Is there a way to verify online? I saw it in the auction site anyway they put it there..
thanks so much

To verify the actual mileage, as well as the accident, maintenance history and other records, you would need a detailed vehicle history report.

Comprehensive VIN Checks & Reports

https://www.carguide.ng

+2347011116171 [Direct WhatsApp Chat Link In Signature]

Available 24 Hours

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by Dozieson(m): 7:51pm On May 22, 2022
arthurwillia:

Not accident car
Everything is good just the mileage and price of about 2.4 for buying and shipping

Good buy
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 7:12pm On May 23, 2022
Dozieson:

Good buy
thanks how about v6 or V4? Highlander which is good
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by nurey(m): 7:35pm On May 23, 2022
arthurwillia:

That's almost 400,000km though I am not worried about the car itself I bought one at 500,000km and used it for 8years still factory engine and factory gear.

But the 4cylinder highlander has the 2azfe engine known for extreme oil burn, I would prefer you find one with the V6 engine

1 Like

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by buygala(m): 7:42pm On May 23, 2022
arthurwillia:

Not accident car

@ bolded.. The 2.4m.. Is it inclusive of clearing and fixing of minor issues the car came with?.. Who is gonna be responsible for possible wharf damage and theft of parts?

Be careful so that you don't spend more than what you will spend if you simply walk into a car lot in Nigeria and buy the toks of exact same kind of car

In my opinion, it is better to walk into any car stand in Nigeria, do your due diligence on any vehicle you select, pay, and zoom off.. For less than a profit of 150k sometimes, the car dealer bears all the uncertainties accompanying buying, trucking, shipping, and clearing.. I think allowing him that profit is far better than having sleepless nights for weeks or months tracking vehicle from the abroad to nigeria, casting and binding wharf rats, etc.

7 Likes

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 8:02pm On May 23, 2022
nurey:

That's almost 400,000km though I am not worried about the car itself I bought one at 500,000km and used it for 8years still factory engine and factory gear.

But the 4cylinder highlander has the 2azfe engine known for extreme oil burn, I would prefer you find one with the V6 engine

Infact thanks a lot for this
They told me v6 burns gas more than v4 that’s why I’m going for v4, the v4 is very scarce also

So what’s your take on this
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 8:05pm On May 23, 2022
buygala:

@ bolded.. The 2.4m.. Is it inclusive of clearing and fixing of minor issues the car came with?.. Who is gonna be responsible for possible wharf damage and theft of parts?

Be careful so that you don't spend more than what you will spend if you simply walk into a car lot in Nigeria and buy the toks of exact same kind of car

In my opinion, it is better to walk into any car stand in Nigeria, do your due diligence on any vehicle you select, pay, and zoom off.. For less than a profit of 150k sometimes, the car dealer bears all the uncertainties accompanying buying, trucking, shipping, and clearing.. I think allowing him that profit is far better than having sleepless nights for weeks or months tracking vehicle from the abroad to nigeria, casting and binding wharf rats, etc.

Good point
Clearing and minor issues will be catered by me, I’ve really actually not gone to any delearship shop to inquire how much is a direct toks price, I think I should do that.

Another big issue is the theft and waiting.. thanks for this I’ll look into it
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by Originalsly: 8:38pm On May 23, 2022
Toyota 2004.....I have a 2004 Big Daddy... just crossed 255 000 miles ... just minor maintenance .... reliable.... no issues.... runs like the wind. Guess the 2004 Highlander would also be reliable. The issue can be stress ... where did the vehicle do most of the mileage... and what it was used for. Is it from a mountainous area?.... was it used for ploughing snow etc?... was it a work vehicle? ... or for private use? Some areas people travel long distances often....highway miles... which is wayyy less stressful than city mileage. On this... I advise you go with the guybwho suggested you buy one in Nigeria. Toyota are hot... they will try to steal parts excuse there is a ready market.
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by kingreign(m): 5:57am On May 24, 2022
arthurwillia:

Wow thanks for taking your time to break this down for me, it means a lot and it answered most of my question

It’s Toyota Highlander 2004 4plug Direct tok

Avoid that car. Get a V6 and thank me later!

1 Like

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by kernniejay(m): 10:06am On May 24, 2022
Op, experts have advised that you go for V6, please listen to them. However, I will also advise that you do thorough vehicle history check to discover accident and maintenance records. High mileage does not matter if all the reports come out fine.
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by Itsrm(m): 10:34am On May 24, 2022
buygala:

Sometimes, getting a good toks car that is already in the country especially when you're constrained by colour, trim, mileage, e.t.c is not that easy

It is not always because people want to save cost.

However, I am in agreement with you that if the vehicle is readily available, it's a waste of time trying to import. In my experience, you will end up spending more than you would have spent buying here

1 Like

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by Itsrm(m): 10:37am On May 24, 2022
As for the OP, do not listen to people telling you it's all about maintenance. There are several other vehicles below 150k miles that have also been well maintained. Look for them and buy.

1 Like

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by nurey(m): 11:58am On May 24, 2022
arthurwillia:

Infact thanks a lot for this
They told me v6 burns gas more than v4 that’s why I’m going for v4, the v4 is very scarce also

So what’s your take on this

I4 has better fuel economy than V6 means you will buy less gas for each km moved with an i4 engine provided every other thing is in order.

But am talking of oil burn ( engine oil)
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 6:24pm On May 24, 2022
nurey:

I4 has better fuel economy than V6 means you will buy less gas for each km moved with an i4 engine provided every other thing is in order.

But am talking of oil burn ( engine oil)
Ok engine oil
Thanks all the same
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 6:24pm On May 24, 2022
kingreign:

Avoid that car. Get a V6 and thank me later!

Haa lobatan
Your reason? Cause I already ordered for the v4

1 Like

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by buygala(m): 6:39pm On May 24, 2022
arthurwillia:

Haa lobatan

Disorder it smiley

Get a v6..

The difference in fuel consumption will be compensated for by a stronger engine, no oil burn, and smoother movement..Ceteris Paribus

Difference in mpg isn't worth burdening onself down with that oil-glutton engine

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by kingreign(m): 6:40pm On May 24, 2022
arthurwillia:

Haa lobatan

The v6 are more powerful, more robust, more reliable and more rugged.

The i4 on the other hand is underpowered, has tendencies to burn oil and can develop a stripped head bolt issue. Please, read more about the stripped head bolt issue of 2AZ-FE engines.

I’m talking from experience of owning a highlander with a 4 cylinder for 4 years and also repairing these cars.

Since you have already ordered it, good luck tho

1 Like

Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by arthurwillia(m): 9:49am On May 25, 2022
kingreign:

The v6 are more powerful, more robust, more reliable and more rugged.

The i4 on the other hand is underpowered, has tendencies to burn oil and can develop a stripped head bolt issue. Please, read more about the stripped head bolt issue of 2AZ-FE engines.

I’m talking from experience of owning a highlander with a 4 cylinder for 4 years and also repairing these cars.

Since you have already ordered it, good luck tho
Hmm I didn’t know of this well
I’ll read more
Thanks all the same
Re: Mileage Of A Car At 242474 Good Or Bad by sultaan(m): 4:06am On May 29, 2022
By normal standard that car has gone past it's useful life. It will cost more to keep it on the road the fuel it and the repair cost is more than it's worth so it's a J.

Some trick I learnt recently is you take it to radauto a minor problem then come to nairaland to complain your car is worse off with the hope of getting more things fixed for less

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Need The Best Battery! / Wither The El-rufai Taxis Of The FCT? / Quick Question

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.