Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,969 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 02:59 AM

Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! (4547 Views)

Greece Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Greek Schengen Visa Application / Private Jets Charter In Nigeria: How Much It Costs / Traveling In The Schengen Area? Always Have Your Passport!-a Personal Experience (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 5:24am On May 22, 2022
Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How to Apply for Portuguese Schengen Visa Application Requirements Guide

Of all the Schengen countries, Portugal is one of the most popular tourist destinations for its sunshine and lovely beaches. Faro has some lovely resorts with shopping and nightlife and Lisbon is the place to go for city living. Or, try Albufeira with its charming old town! Wherever you end up, Portugal will not disappoint! In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Portugal visa in Nigeria, Portugal visa appointment booking, processing time at the Portugal visa application centre, flight itinerary for a Portugal visa, hotel bookings for a Portugal visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Portugal visa application, and Portugal visa application process at the visa office in Nigeria.
Apply For Portugal Schengen Visa From Nigeria
Image by BernardoUPloud/Pixabay

Portugal Schengen Visas
In 2020, embassies around the world received 56,613 applications for Portugal. 17,013 were rejected. The Embassy of Portugal in Abuja received 741 applications and rejected 542.

Apply For Portugal Schengen Visa From Nigeria Statistics

Applying for a Portugal Schengen Visa from Nigeria
If you were born in Nigeria or you are living there legally, you will need to apply for a visa if you want to go to Portugal.

Your visa application will be submitted to VFS Global in Abuja or Lagos and the Embassy of Portugal in Abuja will make the decision about whether to grant your visa or not.

Visa Web Services - Apply for Travel Visa

Types of Schengen visas offered at VFS Global in Nigeria
The visa you apply for depends on the duration and reason for your trip to Portugal.

Short stay – up to 90 days tourism, visits to friends/family and business
Long stay – for over 90 days for employment, studies and family immigration
How Can I Apply for a Portugal Schengen Visa from VFS Global?
To apply for your Portugal visa, there are 7 easy steps to help you:

Step 1 – Identify visa type
Step 2 – Begin your application
Step 3 – Book an appointment
Step 4 – Pay your fees
Step 5 – Visit a visa application center
Step 6 – Track your application
Step 7 – Collect your passport
The first thing to do is to make sure you are applying for the correct visa. Go to VFS Global’s website and click on: “Start now” under “Apply for a visa”:

Apply For Portugal Schengen Visa From Nigeria Online Application 1

Under “Step 1”, click on the link:

Choose either short stay or long stay and you will be presented with more information which you should read fully :

To begin your application, go to VFS Global’s website under “Step 2” and click on the link to download the application form:

Click on the “download” tab and then on the link for the application form:

You will then be able to save the form to your computer. Complete it fully and print it off to sign.

Supporting documents
There are document checklists on VFS Global’s website. Refer to them to understand the full requirements for your visa application. You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!

Documents include:

Application form duly filled in block capitals. Application must be signed and
dated by the applicant on submitting the application.
Passport photograph not older than three months, white background, size 3.5×4.5 cm
Passport with at least 2 blank pages and be valid for at least 3 months past your departure date and must have been issued within the last 10 years
Copy of the flight ticket or flight reservation including return flight
Proof of accommodation – during your entire visit (Hotel reservation /rental of holiday home, campus residence reservation or proof of private accommodation (invitation letter from the host)
Minors travelling alone or with one parent must present: letter of consent from the other parent or both parents/legal guardian(s); copy of the birth certificate of the minor; ID card/passport of both parents/legal guardian(s)
Residence permit in the country if you are not a national of Nigeria
Proof of employment and income:
For employees: letter from your employer confirming your leave for that period + pay slips covering the last three months + personal tax clearance + personal bank statements covering the last three months;
For self-employed: tax clearance + personal bank statements covering the last three months;
For business persons: proof of commercial activities in Nigeria and overseas (e.g. bills of lading, receipt book, etc)
For students/scholars: letter from school or university
For family visit: Proof of relationship between visa applicants and person to be visited (birth certificate, marriage certificate, correspondence, photos, etc)
Proof of funds available – bank statements for the last 3 months
Travel medical insurance valid for all Schengen countries covering the entire duration of the stay with a minimum coverage of 30.000€ for all risks (e.g. accident, illness, medical emergency evacuation, etc)
Schengen Travel Health Insurance

If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:

Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
Submit the travel details and make the payment online
Receive flight itinerary in email
Flight reservation without payment

Making appointments with the embassy or visa application center is generally free and can be done yourself. However, If you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!

Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:

Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
Submit the appointment details, visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
Receive appointment confirmation in email
Book Visa Appointment

You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below:

Go to VFS Global’s website under “Step 3 – Book an appointment”
Click on the link to book an appointment
Click on “book now”
Create an account
Receive confirmation of your appointment by email
Step 4 – Pay your fees
Application Type EUR NGN
Short Term visas (up to 90 days stay) 80 40,070
Short Term visas for children
(Between 6 – 12 years) 40 20,035
Short Term visas for children
(Between 0 – 6 years) Free Free
Service Fees
VFS Global service fee for visa 19,030
Additional courier fee (for Lagos customers only) 19,030
The visa fee should only be paid at the time of submission of the documents at the application center. VFS service fee needs to be paid while booking the appointment online. All fees are non-refundable.

When you visit VFS Global for your appointment, there are a few things to remember:

Aim to arrive 15 minutes before your appointment
You must attend the appointment in-person
Take a copy of your visa application, as well as a valid passport or travel document
Take all supporting documentation (originals and copies)
At the center, you will hand over your application and supporting documents and provide biometric information (fingerprints and photograph).

As part of the application process, you may be asked questions if the embassy needs further information. Typical questions include:

What do you know about Portugal?
How long have you been employed?
Are you going to work in Portugal?
Do you know anyone in Portgual?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!

You will receive an email from VFS Global when your passport has been returned to the center. You can track your application’s progress. Go to VFS Global’s website and click on the link under “Step 6 – Track your application”:

Enter your passport number and date of birth to find out what stage your application is at:

After a visa application decision has been made, you can pick up your passport from VFS Global or have your passport returned to you by courier for an additional fee. If you collect your passport in person, take the receipt issued by VFS and some ID.

The decision will be either:

Approved – you will find your visa attached to one of the pages in your passport
Rejected – you can appeal the decision. Speak to VFS Global for more information
Common rejection reasons include:

Passport does not have 2 blank pages – your passport must have at least 2 blank pages for your visa to be attached. If not, you must get a new one before applying for your visa
No invitation letter – if you are being invited to Portugal by a person or a company, you must provide an invitation letter
Your employment status has not been confirmed – you must prove you are employed, retired or a student in Nigeria
No travel insurance – it is a mandatory requirement that you take out insurance for your trip
Reasons For Schengen Visa Rejections

COVID Regulations
Entry requirements

All passengers need to fill a Passenger Locator Card before departure to Portugal, and in addition provide one of the following:

Proof of vaccination or recovery
Negative result to a pre-departure COVID-19 test. Both PCR (valid 72 hours) and rapid antigen tests (valid 48 hours) are accepted. Passengers who provide a test result not compliant with the requirements must perform an additional test at their own costs upon arrival
As of 1 December 2021, a negative test result will be mandatory for all passengers flying to Portugal, even if they are vaccinated.

For more information about entry requirements, click here.

How to contact VFS Global in Nigeria
Abuja

Address: Portugal Visa Application Centre Sterling Bank Plaza, 3rd Floor, Plot 1083 Mohammadu Buhari Way, Central Business District, Abuja-Nigeria.

Business Hours:

Submission Monday and Wednesday 09:00 – 15:00
Passport Collection Monday and Wednesday 10:00 – 16:00
Lagos

Address: Portugal Visa Application Centre Plot 110, Admiral Ayinla Way, Opposite Treasure Garden Estate Third Roundabout, Lekki Phase I – Lagos

Business Hours:

Submission Monday and Wednesday 09:00 – 15:00
Passport Collection Monday and Wednesday 10:00 – 16:00
Conclusion
To apply for a Portugal Schengen visa in Nigeria, follow these simple steps:

Step 4 – Pay your fees

4 Likes

Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by modskiller(m): 5:58am On May 26, 2022
Cc: Nchabuomo
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by SpiceQueen01: 10:09am On Jul 13, 2022
Thanks for the write up
But there’s no appointment date for Portugal embassy both Lagos and Abuja
How do we go about it?
Skyview01

1 Like

Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by oseremenifidon: 4:52pm On Jul 31, 2022
Please help me out with a template of tourist visa cover letter and just to be sure is Portugal embassy in Abuja or Lagos?
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 1:43am On Aug 07, 2022
SpiceQueen01:
Thanks for the write up
But there’s no appointment date for Portugal embassy both Lagos and Abuja
How do we go about it?

Skyview01

Appologies,

I will get back to you.

1 Like

Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 1:44am On Aug 07, 2022
oseremenifidon:
Please help me out with a template of tourist visa cover letter and just to be sure is Portugal embassy in Abuja or Lagos?

I will get back to you buddy
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by modskiller(m): 3:04am On Aug 07, 2022
Nice one
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by oseremenifidon: 11:52am On Aug 22, 2022
Who has applied for Portuguese tourist visa and gotten it? I recently applied for mine with all the required documents but refused and the reason they gave was that there are reasonable doubt to your intention to leave the schengen region. When i looled through all of my documents for the second time i noticed my travel insurance was for a year. So please could the 1 year travel insurance be the reason for denail? And also kindly recommend what i should put up to show strong ties...Thanks
My email is oseremenifidon@gmail.com should incase anyone want to be of assistance.
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by oseremenifidon: 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2022
Skyview01:

I will get back to you buddy
Please how can i appeal a schengen visa
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by demmy79: 2:53pm On Aug 27, 2022
Which country of Schengen..chat me on 09020715272
oseremenifidon:
Please how can i appeal a schengen visa
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by demmy79: 2:55pm On Aug 27, 2022
Chat me
oseremenifidon:
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by oseremenifidon: 1:50pm On Oct 29, 2022
Please can anyone help me with a guideline on how to appeal a schengen tourist visa?
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by PortugalVisa: 7:18am On Jan 05, 2023
It is a UK based and an authorised Portugal Schengen visa agency and We are Portugal visa experts to provide world class visa services in UK and gets your Portugal Schengen within 5 to 10 days

Getting a Portugal Schengen visa online is easy and simple. do you know you can get your visa

UK residents with a full UK identification or a BOTC, BOC, BPP, or BS identification do not need a visa to visit Portugal
Non-EU nationals who reside in the UK are required to obtain a Schengen visa to travel to Portugal
A list of countries whose nationals need a Schengen visa to visit Portugal and other Schengen states is available

Non-EU nationals can apply for a Portugal visa from the UK by following the steps on the website: https://www.portugalvisa.org.uk/

Submit an appointment booking form
Visit the visa center
Receive the visa and passport by post

Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by OfficialIce: 1:01pm On Jan 05, 2023
When is Undergrad application opening in Portugal??
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by Nobody: 6:30am On Mar 08, 2023
OfficialIce:
When is Undergrad application opening in Portugal??

Hou can look that up online. Google is your friend.
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by pappy2000: 8:52am On Mar 08, 2023
oseremenifidon:
Who has applied for Portuguese tourist visa and gotten it? I recently applied for mine with all the required documents but refused and the reason they gave was that there are reasonable doubt to your intention to leave the schengen region. When i looled through all of my documents for the second time i noticed my travel insurance was for a year. So please could the 1 year travel insurance be the reason for denail? And also kindly recommend what i should put up to show strong ties...Thanks
My email is oseremenifidon@gmail.com should incase anyone want to be of assistance.

this is interesting, How much do you have in your bnk statement.
Re: Portugal Visa From Nigeria – How To Apply For Portuguese Schengen Visa!!!!!!!!!! by pappy2000: 8:56am On Mar 08, 2023
pappy2000:

this is interesting, How much do you have in your bank statement.
do you have a travel history

(1) (Reply)

All Countries Scholarship ,Tuition Free,Embassy Issues In All Countries / Is Kigali, Rwanda The Most Beautiful Capital City In Africa? Photo / Intrested In equatorial guinea

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.