Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,186 members, 7,953,662 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 10:16 PM

Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. (1086 Views)

Prime Minister of Iceland Has Not Resigned - / 9/11 BOMBSHELL: METHODICAL DECEPTION -- Rebekah Roth / Hilary Clinton Resigned From U.S. Secretary Of State (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by ypad: 4:55pm On Jul 15, 2011
Rebekah Brooks, chief executive of News International, has resigned, the company has confirmed.

Her departure follows days of increasing pressure to step down as the phone hacking crisis grew.

In a statement, she said she felt a "deep responsibility for the people we have hurt".

Rupert Murdoch will apologise for "serious wrongdoing" by the News of the World, in adverts in national newspapers on Saturday.

more. http://discussworldpolitics..com/p/world-politics.html
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by Mavor: 5:01pm On Jul 15, 2011
who fu<king cares!!!!
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by tpia5: 4:57am On Jul 16, 2011
two of the top management have resigned.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-14170879

if only people would caution themselves, a lot of things can be avoided.
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by tpia5: 7:49pm On Jul 17, 2011
Met Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson quits

Metropolitan Police Commissioner Sir Paul Stephenson has announced his resignation following the phone hacking scandal.

Britain's most senior police officer said he had no knowledge of the extent of the practice and said his integrity was "completely intact".

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-14180043
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by MandingoII(m): 8:30pm On Jul 17, 2011
B.itch in jail now grin shocked wink
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by tpia5: 3:20am On Jul 19, 2011
A 2nd London police official quits in scandal

Scotland Yard's assistant commissioner resigned Monday, a day after his boss also quit, and fresh investigations of possible police wrongdoing were launched in the phone hacking scandal that has spread from Rupert Murdoch's media empire to the British prime minister's office.

Prime Minister David Cameron called an emergency session of Parliament on the scandal and cut short his visit to Africa to try to contain the widening crisis

http://news.yahoo.com/2nd-london-police-official-quits-scandal-211307653.html
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by tpia5: 3:20am On Jul 19, 2011
mediagate?
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by ElRazur: 8:34am On Jul 21, 2011
tpia@:

mediagate?

Yup it is.

Personally, I feel Rupert Murdoch wields too much power and influence for one man. I hope the politicians can now break-free from his hold and strip him of his power and influence.

The actions of his corporation or those who worked for his business empire are criminal. Period. I hope someone is jailed for this. As it stand, in my opinion and based on the allegations and scandals, I fo not feel Rupert Murdoch is a "Fit and Proper" owner to run a business in the UK.
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by MyJoe: 1:41pm On Jul 22, 2011
ElRazur:

Personally, I feel Rupert Murdoch wields too much power and influence for one man. I hope the politicians can now break-free from his hold and strip him of his power and influence.
Right. I hope they change the laws.

But I think we need a bit of News of the World in Nigeria. So much corruption and all the work is left for the agencies. Nigerian journalists are mostly lazy, corrupt and filthy. That NOW journal has done a lot of good - seen over 300 people to jail, held politicians to account, broke the parliament expenses scandal and more. It's unfortunate they went into crime by tapping phones.
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by snowdrops(m): 4:48pm On Jul 22, 2011
MyJoe:

But I think we need a bit of News of the World in Nigeria. So much corruption and all the work is left for the agencies. Nigerian journalists are mostly lazy, corrupt and filthy. That NOW journal has done a lot of good - seen over 300 people to jail, held politicians to account, broke the parliament expenses scandal and more. It's unfortunate they went into crime by tapping phones.
Really? cheesy And where was the telegraph in all this?
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by cap28: 8:10pm On Jul 22, 2011
yeah, but with a hefty £3 million settlement.

murdoch will just assign her to another segment of his vast empire.

Murdoch has the british govt in his pocket so nothing spoil, those bitches are so scared of him they had to modify the kind of questions they asked him during that their so called inquiry, murdoch own these bitches - don't for one second think that he's finished.

bitches like Cameron and Brown are on his payroll- they genuflect before him, dont you find it strange how the whistleblower has suddenly "committed suicide" grin
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by thameamead(f): 11:46am On Jul 23, 2011
cap28:

yeah, but with a hefty £3 million settlement.

murdoch will just assign her to another segment of his vast empire.

Murdoch has the british govt in his pocket so nothing spoil, those bitches are so scared of him they had to modify the kind of questions they asked him during that their so called inquiry, murdoch own these bitches - don't for one second think that he's finished.

bitches like Cameron and Brown are on his payroll- they genuflect before him, dont you find it strange how the whistleblower has suddenly "committed suicide" grin

Murdoch no longer weighs any power in the Uk, he is finished, The Guardian has be applauded, if not for the Guardian's non-stop pursue of the phone hacking scandal , the British public won't have known Murdoch was the tyrant running the country.
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by thameamead(f): 11:54am On Jul 23, 2011
MyJoe:

The news of the world did not break the Parliment Expenses Scandal, The Telegraph bought the disk containing it for £250,000, infact it was offered to the news of the world but they refused to but it because the Murdoch Mafia was endorsing David Camerom and most of the people caught up with asking taxpayers to pay for their moat, rocking chair or bulbs were conservative Mp's, David Camerom himself used taxpayers money to pay the mortage of his £2M house in West London.
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by cap28: 12:03pm On Jul 23, 2011
thameamead:

Murdoch no longer weighs any power in the Uk, he is finished, The Guardian has be applauded, if not for the Guardian's non-stop pursue of the phone hacking scandal , the British public won't have known Murdoch was the tyrant running the country.

But isnt he still running the sun and the times? don't both papers still enjoy the highest number of sales out of all the current british newspapers?

also isnt he still going to try again for the BskyB bid?
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by thameamead(f): 12:50pm On Jul 23, 2011
The SUN is the highest selling newspaper but The Times and Sky News are not making him any money, infact both have cost them over £40M so far but both are bn subsidised by his other media empire making him billions every year, the tyrant will try to make another bid for BSkyB when the phone hacking scandal dies down but Ofcom will say he is not fit to run it, Murdoch is finished, he is no longer in the pockets of the police and politicians its, he's lost that srong hold he had over most politicians, half of some conservatives Mp's are still sccred of him not not laobour Mp's, that is why most people you see on TV not singing his praises are Labour Mp's. Ed Milliband did a fantastic job by recalling parliament but he'a an oppotunist, a couple of weeks ago, him and his disciples (shadow ministers) were quaffing champagne with Rupert Murdoch @ his summer party.
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by MyJoe: 4:51pm On Jul 24, 2011
Right, snowman and theahmed. Got that a little mixed up.
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by thameamead(f): 11:56am On Jul 25, 2011
cap28:

But isnt he still running the sun and the times? don't both papers still enjoy the highest number of sales out of all the current british newspapers?

also isnt he still going to try again for the BskyB bid?

It turns out the Jugde cunny David Cameron has asked to preside over the inquiry into phone hacking is good friends with Rupert Murdoch's daughter, infact the judge attended Rupert Murdoch's son- in-laws party a couple of weeks ago, 5 Conservatives Ministers (Micheal Grove, Ed Davey, Jeremy Cunt) as well as the right wing columnist Jeremy Clarkson (Top Gear) also attended the party.
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by thameamead(f): 12:06pm On Jul 25, 2011
@cap28
Rupert Murdoch is also a friend of Israel, infact he has business investments in Israel which is one of the main reasons his gutter media empire are always picking on people like George Galloway because he is a friend Palenstine. Murdoch is a dangerous man, he's as bad as those terriosts that kill innocent people, his empire intimades and bully that are not on their side. Have you noticed the way they attack Nick Clegg, Vince Cable, Chris Hume (Lib-Dem Ministers), Lib-DEMS hate what the Murdoch Mafia network stands for so do I so that's the reason The Scum (The Sun) attack them all the time.
Re: Rebekah Brooks Has Resigned. by Googler(m): 12:19pm On Jul 26, 2011
Jeremy womanliness
Rtfl

(1) (Reply)

Gambian president to homosexuals “If we catch you, you’ll regret you were born" / Teenager, 15, Executed By Islamist Rebels In Syria / French Police Honors Dog Killed By Suicide Blast

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.