Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,071 members, 7,863,781 topics. Date: Tuesday, 18 June 2024 at 06:05 AM

Does Printing Excessive Money Worsen The Economy? - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Does Printing Excessive Money Worsen The Economy? (172 Views)

Customers’ Woes Deepen As Touts Invade ATMs, Worsen Scarcity / Customers Outraged Over Excessive Bank Charges / Scarcity Of Lower Denominations In The Economy, How Is It In Your Area? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Does Printing Excessive Money Worsen The Economy? by thegadgettrend: 11:08pm On May 24, 2022
I read somewhere on Facebook that, one of the reasons England is facing economic challenges, is as a result of the excessive money printed during Covid-19 lockdown in 2020.

The embargo placed on them by Russia, only serves as a catalyst for the hyperinflation of commodities.

So here is my question, how does printing excessive money, worsen the economy of a country?

Take for instance, Nigeria's GDP stands at roughly $400b if I'm not mistaken. What happens if CBN prints above what is needed? In what ways will it affect us?

I just need some clarity.
Re: Does Printing Excessive Money Worsen The Economy? by dawnomike(m): 11:52pm On May 24, 2022
thegadgettrend:
I read somewhere on Facebook that, one of the reasons England is facing economic challenges, is as a result of the excessive money printed during Covid-19 lockdown in 2020.

The embargo placed on them by Russia, only serves as a catalyst for the hyperinflation of commodities.

So here is my question, how does printing excessive money, worsen the economy of a country?

Take for instance, Nigeria's GDP stands at roughly $400b if I'm not mistaken. What happens if CBN prints above what is needed? In what ways will it affect us?

I just need some clarity.
To fully grapse the effect of printing excess currency, I will have to take you through some micro economics. But let me make it simple by using demand and supply that we all know.

If the central banks decides to print excess Naira and injects such into the monetary fluid of the country through commercial banks and govt. handouts like covid relief funds and the likes... This is what happens;

We tend to have excess supply and wit excess supply, comes a depreciation in value... Cos scarcity increases value while excess supply reduces value.

1 Like

Re: Does Printing Excessive Money Worsen The Economy? by thegadgettrend: 9:58am On May 25, 2022
dawnomike:
To fully grapse the effect of printing excess currency, I will have to take you through some micro economics. But let me make it simple by using demand and supply that we all know.

If the central banks decides to print excess Naira and injects such into the monetary fluid of the country through commercial banks and govt. handouts like covid relief funds and the likes... This is what happens;

We tend to have excess supply and wit excess supply, comes a depreciation in value... Cos scarcity increases value while excess supply reduces value.

Thanks

(1) (Reply)

20 Ways To Maximize Your ASUU Strike Time As An Undergraduate: / FCMB, Presspayng Funding Platform Targets 1.5m Undergraduates In 3 Years / Discover The Keys To Accessing More Than Fifty Million (n50m) For Your Business

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.