Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,130 members, 7,849,541 topics. Date: Monday, 03 June 2024 at 11:52 PM

ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved (1691 Views)

'Greedy' Nigerian Professors And Their Fat Salaries / School Birthday Will Make Your Child Greedy / ASUU Is A Problem Of The Nigerian University System - Prof. Ochonnu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 5:34am On May 25, 2022
The Government may be culpable in all ramifications but you see that ASUU body should be dissolved fast.Its very obvious they are fighting for their pockets .For decades all you hear that is similar to ASUU is strike strike and strike.These are professors going on strike all the time.Is there no other way to make your point to the Government after several decades?Must it be strike action.Why not take a decision that all lecturers and professors in University are resigning their appointments in the university.If you are inflicting pains on students who wants to study by making them frustrated because of your strike then your strike is not meaningful.These same ASUU people will still be the one reading rigged election results on TV.Most of their kids are in expensive private universities in Nigeria and some even have kids abroad.ASUU HAS TO BE DISSOLVED fast by the Government.That body is a farce if we are to move forward in education in this country and also the Government has to also increase funding to universities too.The world is going technological and the Nigerian universities have to go with this trend.We have the human resources to do this.God bless the Nigerian student .
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by falcon01: 5:55am On May 25, 2022
How can they resign when they've not been paid?

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 5:57am On May 25, 2022
falcon01:
How can they resign when they've not been paid?
who said they have not been paid.Those guys are well paid and up to date.In a developed country if you are not happy with a system you simply resign and do other things.If they have not been paid they should resign and go for pay somewhere else.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by Legendforte: 6:24am On May 25, 2022
Thank u op for understanding their way. They protest to punish students not buhari. A rogue union that almost have nothing upstairs to offer the society in this digital era.

8 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 6:45am On May 25, 2022
Legendforte:
Thank u op for understanding their way. They protest to punish students not buhari. A rogue union that almost have nothing upstairs to offer the society in this digital era.
That's just the truth,please the chairman of ASUU ,where are his kids schooling,certainly not Nigeria.Greedy set of people.If your kids are schooling in public universities you won't have that wicked mind to stay one year on strike.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by Legendforte: 6:55am On May 25, 2022
guobe:
That's just the truth,please the chairman of ASUU ,where are his kids schooling,certainly not Nigeria.Greedy set of people.If your kids are schooling in public universities you won't have that wicked mind to stay one year on strike.
The funniest thing is that the 2 ministers they constantly attack verbally have their kids in our public universities. Happy state unis are now withdrawing from the strike.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 6:57am On May 25, 2022
ASUU in Nigeria should be in the guiness book of record for going on the longest strike in the world Its just a pity.The Nigerian system is a dream killer.Alot of students may not even come back schooling after the strike may be over as they have moved on.
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 7:05am On May 25, 2022
Legendforte:

The funniest thing is that the 2 ministers they constantly attack verbally have their kids in our public universities. Happy state unis are now withdrawing from the strike.
yes AAU just withdrew and more will do just that.As an intellectual they should be able to develop other ways to engage the Government and they call themselves professors.If they are that good they can do without the Government.If they are inventive just a global app from a Nigerian University can fetch them several money in dollars which they can use in funding themselves.They won't think such because they are backward technologically.When I went to Cape Town University in southAfrica a couple of years ago guy come and see what the SouthAfrican professors were doing,you will just marvel.ASUU IS JUST CRAP,DISSOLVE ASUU NOW.

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 7:31am On May 25, 2022
castrolconsult:
ASUU cannot be dissolved, it is a union of workers whichnis backed by constitution and law of the land
General Sani Abacha dissolved them during the military era because their strike was becoming too much it was ASUU THAT WAS NOW OÑ THEIR KNEES begging then,There is no body that cannot be dissolved if they are going beyond their boundaries.For frustrating students is enough grounds for them to be dissolved.

2 Likes

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 7:40am On May 25, 2022
castrolconsult:

You get it right, but that was during military era. Now we are in democracy and everything must follow rule of law and that dissolve is not visible.
There is nothing impossible.once the process of dissolution starts you will see.
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by Ohwandi(m): 8:02am On May 25, 2022
guobe:
The Government may be culpable in all ramifications but you see that ASUU body should be dissolved fast.Its very obvious they are fighting for their pockets .For decades all you hear that is similar to ASUU is strike strike and strike.These are professors going on strike all the time.Is there no other way to make your point to the Government after several decades?Must it be strike action.Why not take a decision that all lecturers and professors in University are resigning their appointments in the university.If you are inflicting pains on students who wants to study by making them frustrated because of your strike then your strike is not meaningful.These same ASUU people will still be the one reading rigged election results on TV.Most of their kids are in expensive private universities in Nigeria and some even have kids abroad.ASUU HAS TO BE DISSOLVED fast by the Government.That body is a farce if we are to move forward in education in this country and also the Government has to also increase funding to universities too.The world is going technological and the Nigerian universities have to go with this trend.We have the human resources to do this.God bless the Nigerian student .
Ignorance is a disease

4 Likes

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by RealityGod: 8:04am On May 25, 2022
Jokers
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by SkengRay: 8:05am On May 25, 2022
Ohwandi:

Ignorance is a disease
What a fantastic reply
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 8:06am On May 25, 2022
Ohwandi:

Ignorance is a disease
one greedy lecturer spotted
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 8:07am On May 25, 2022
SkengRay:
What a fantastic reply
Another blocking lecturer spotted
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by Donaluta(m): 8:23am On May 25, 2022
Legendforte:

Imagine this grown up man talking like a born throway... What sort of rubbish talk is this .. which ministers weh their children dey our public universities.. mention their names and there school or forever remain silent

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by Donaluta(m): 8:26am On May 25, 2022
guobe:
There is nothing impossible.once the process of dissolution starts you will see.

Taaaaaaaaaaa no dey type rubbish .. nobody .. mean nobody.. even the president cannot dissolve ASUU... Stop pouring your stupid and rubbish anger here.. nobody cares .. tell your yeye and stupid government to invest in education

3 Likes

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 8:30am On May 25, 2022
Donaluta:

Taaaaaaaaaaa no dey type rubbish .. nobody .. mean nobody.. even the president cannot dissolve ASUU... Stop pouring your stupid and rubbish anger here.. nobody cares .. tell your yeye and stupid government to invest in education
we shall see you guys should not end the strike e go soon clear for una eyes
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by Honlucas: 8:44am On May 25, 2022
Donaluta:

Imagine this grown up man talking like a born throway... What sort of rubbish talk is this .. which ministers weh their children dey our public universities.. mention their names and there school or forever remain silent

hy an igbo minister pikin dy my school 200lv mech engine boy name of the school withheld
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by christianjoy(m): 9:02am On May 25, 2022
Sir leave those idiots alone them never see anything grin grin cheesy
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by Omo334: 9:11am On May 25, 2022
https://forms.gle/DTQjmxH7FXWjRxB67

Fill this questionnaire and get free recharge card
Share with your contacts and all social media platforms
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 9:13am On May 25, 2022
christianjoy:
Sir leave those idiots alone them never see anything grin grin cheesy
They are frustrating young people because of their pocket.Greedy ASUU people
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by christianjoy(m): 9:16am On May 25, 2022
guobe:
They are frustrating young people because of their pocket.Greedy ASUU people
Education now is just for their pockets nothing else to show for it

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 9:25am On May 25, 2022
christianjoy:
Education now is just for their pockets nothing else to show for it
so true

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by Nobody: 9:41am On May 25, 2022
Having studied in a Nigerian Federal university of Tech, I have been a victim of ASÙU strikes.
It is no doubt that students are the real victims here (especially now that companies have "Age restrictions for graduate recruitment).

Professors and lecturers might indeed, (as you say) be greedy, although I'm not sure I totally agree...

My bafflement has always been as to how a government...a reasonable government will not prioritise education and ensure that the custodians of this sector are "compensated " adequately for their service.

Or has education stopped being the bedrock for development and nation building?

Who is really to blame?

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by mrdharkchild(m): 10:23am On May 25, 2022
You are talking from one side of your mouth, op.
Even in Canada, colleges go on strike.
But a reasonable government won't allow it to linger long.

Because they know how important education is.

They are human beings, they have families, they have wants, they have the rights to fight for their pockets.

I know it's unfair to students.
But dont play ignorance to the plight of those educating you.

Gone are the days of "reward in heaven" slogan.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 11:00am On May 25, 2022
mrdharkchild:
You are talking from one side of your mouth, op.
Even in Canada, colleges go on strike.
But a reasonable government won't allow it to linger long.

Because they know how important education is.

They are human beings, they have families, they have wants, they have the rights to fight for their pockets.

I know it's unfair to students.
But dont play ignorance to the plight of those educating you.

Gone are the days of "reward in heaven" slogan.In Canada the doctors protested that the amount they are being paid is too much and should be reduced,that is an ideal society.I am not siding any side of the bargain what I am saying is that the lecturers should change their approach.The strike by ASUU IN NIGERIA IS NOW MONOTOMOUS.In Canada lecturers can't strike for so long without changing approach.There are several things they can do to outsmart the Govt but alas they are still frolicking with the Govt reading rigged results for the Govt they say is not good.Is that not the height of hypocrisy.
Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by TopeQs: 11:07am On May 25, 2022
Guobe, graduate first..... You'll start seeing things from ASUU perspective. That's if you're an undergrad, but if you're post grad, you should understand the unfairness and useriousness from the government.... They only loot, instead of working.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by guobe: 11:15am On May 25, 2022
TopeQs:
Guobe, graduate first..... You'll start seeing things from ASUU perspective. That's if you're an undergrad, but if you're post grad, you should understand the unfairness and useriousness from the government.... They only loot, instead of working.
Tope you say graduate first lol.I am a structural Engineer COREN certified ,I have been there and seen it all,most Nigerian lecturers are not impacting anything on the students,its the student doing all the reading for themselves to pass exams.I did a design course in 500 level the lecturer didn't come to class up to two times before exam,a design course for that matter.Now That same lecturer do come to my office to huzzle for consultancy contract, I just shake my head.

1 Like

Re: ASUU Is A Greedy Body That Should Be Dissolved by TopeQs: 11:24am On May 25, 2022
guobe:
Tope you say graduate first lol.I am a structural Engineer COREN certified ,I have been there and seen it all,most Nigerian lecturers are not impacting anything on the students,its the student doing all the reading for themselves to pass exams.I did a design course in 500 level the lecturer didn't come to class up to two times before exam,a design course for that matter.Now That same lecturer do come to my office to huzzle for consultancy contract, I just shake my head.

My bad....you have no idea how impressive it is that you calmly replied and explained yourself logically.

Now, to the matter, I don't see what you wrote as a problem of ASUU... That's just a lecturer who knows nothing....I know there are more of such but the matter at hand is that, ASUU is a union that protects the right of thousands of staff across the nation. Even though I believe they're too corrupt and daft, I believe the Union is needed because if well used, the union can help create a good learning atmosphere for students through their dialogue with the government.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Difference Between Pride, Ego And Arrogance. / Meet Sarki Abba The Genius That Was Made To Rewrite WASCE / Cpa Vs Ican

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.