Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,372 members, 7,861,023 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:18 PM

CNN Apologizes To China - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / CNN Apologizes To China (909 Views)

Russia Turns To China’s Unionpay System Amid Visa And Mastercard Departures / Nicaragua Seizes Former Taiwan Embassy To Give It To China / Macdonald In China Apologizes For Saying Blacks Not Allowed In Their Restaurant (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

CNN Apologizes To China by Teazer4(m): 5:38pm On May 26, 2022
A guest on the network falsely claimed that Chinese diplomats sat down during a standing ovation for Ukraine’s Volodymyr Zelensky

CNN apologized on Thursday to China’s Global Times newspaper for a broadcast on Wednesday in which US Representative Michael McCaul accused a Chinese delegation of remaining seated during a standing ovation for Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelensky at a World Economic Forum meeting. The seated delegation were Vietnamese, according to Chinese reports.

McCaul, a Republican from Texas, told CNN on Wednesday that he had been sitting in front of a “Chinese delegation” during Zelensky’s speech at the World Economic Forum’s annual meeting in Davos, Switzerland, on Monday. McCaul said that as leaders in attendance stood and clapped for the Ukrainian president, this delegation remained seated in silence, before walking out of the auditorium.

CNN displayed video footage of the diplomats in their seats, and McCaul told the network that the scene “sent a clear message they do not support Ukraine.”

However, Beijing denied that its diplomats were even in the room at the time, and Foreign Ministry Spokesman Wang Wenbin called on McCaul to correct his statement. CNN, however, addressed the error first.

“We regret the error that appeared on our air … we reached out to McCaul’s office for a statement,” the network told the Global Times in an email on Thursday.

The Global Times had published an extensive article on the mixup on Wednesday. Citing other Chinese media sources, the newspaper noted that one of the men in the picture behind McCaul appeared to be the deputy prime minister of Vietnam. Vietnamese media reported earlier in the week that the deputy PM, Le Minh Khai, would attend Davos on Monday and Tuesday.

McCaul, who sits on the Republican Party’s ‘China Task Force’, has not yet addressed the incident.

I’m not surprised, na why we call cnn fake news hq be this…. Mor0ns

Rtnews

1 Like

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Teazer4(m): 5:40pm On May 26, 2022
Nobody dey take cnn serious around the world anymore, expect for the liberals and their apologists….

5 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by SanctifiedSista(f): 5:44pm On May 26, 2022
CNN may lose its license if they don't take more stringent measures going forward

4 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Cubalabloo(m): 5:49pm On May 26, 2022
He was given a standing ovation for playing stupid. Subjecting his own people to torments and deaths. How can a sane people rejoice with one at his own foolishness?

12 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by hayzed19(m): 6:00pm On May 26, 2022
Na the media wey dey want us to dey believe be this?
Imagine a whole US representative sef trying to control the narrative just because China dey compete the power with them.
They only want those they will be pressing the mum button

9 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by seunny4lif(m): 6:08pm On May 26, 2022
Cubalabloo:
He was given a standing ovation for playing stupid. Subjecting his own people to torments and deaths. How can a sane people rejoice with one at his own foolishness?
I swear
Did they give Gadaffi and all the leaders USA and her allies have killed or removed from power any standing ovation.

8 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Cubalabloo(m): 6:10pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:

I swear
Did they give Gadaffi and all the leaders USA and her allies have killed or removed from power any standing ovation.
Hypocrites!

7 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by seunny4lif(m): 6:21pm On May 26, 2022
Cubalabloo:
Hypocrites!
Even now there is a report that NATO members don’t want to prolong the war again and they are against sending heavy weapons to Ukraine.
We don’t know maybe it’s true or false.

8 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Teazer4(m): 6:25pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:

Even now there is a report that NATO members don’t want to prolong the war again and they are against sending heavy weapons to Ukraine.
We don’t know maybe it’s true or false.
they should continue ooooo, I’m patiently waiting for winter season….

8 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by seunny4lif(m): 6:33pm On May 26, 2022
Teazer4:
they should continue ooooo, I’m patiently waiting for winter season….
Winter ke when Bulgaria have made a u-Turn on Russia oil and gas within 1 month Russia cut them off.
Bulgaria see that other options are expensive and now they want to pay for Russia gas and oil in Rubles

8 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Teazer4(m): 6:36pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:

Winter ke when Bulgaria have made a u-Turn on Russia oil and gas within 1 month Russia cut them off.
Bulgaria see that other options are expensive and now they want to pay for Russia gas and oil in Rubles
lmao, what happened to the cheap gas from USA ….. Most eu leaders na mor0ns, na only Orban get sense…. Germany still negotiating with Qatar, when Qatar talk say Dey can’t resell their gas to other countries…. I just Dey Laff

9 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by seunny4lif(m): 6:41pm On May 26, 2022
Teazer4:
lmao, what happened to the cheap gas from USA ….. Most eu leaders na mor0ns, na only Orban get sense…. Germany still negotiating with Qatar, when Qatar talk say Dey can’t resell their gas to other countries…. I just Dey Laff
Bulgaria want Russia oil and gas as Russia warned Germany and the rest that they will reduce the inflow to Germany and Austria, if both were reselling.
The Germany have always resell Russia oil and gas to other EU countries before but nobody know why Russia now changed it on everyone.

Even Italy PM is facing massive public protests because the war is milking everyone pockets.
Prices of things are 50% up and it’s increasing everyday

10 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Drenimarcus(m): 6:42pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:

One month kee, e no reach one month. Bulgaria complained that EU made them forgo Russia gas while EU was buying the so called gas in rubles grin

9 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by seunny4lif(m): 6:45pm On May 26, 2022
Drenimarcus:

One month kee, e no reach one month. Bulgaria complained that EU made them forgo Russia gas while EU was buying the so called gas in rubles grin
Bulgaria have the option to get cheap Russia gas when Russia and Bulgaria signed the South Steam to transport Russia oil through Black Sea to Bulgaria.
The Bulgaria government bowed to USA and EU pressured and cancelled the deal then Russia went to Turkey and Germany.
Both nations get the NS2 and TurkStream pipelines.

5 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Drenimarcus(m): 6:48pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:

Bulgaria want Russia oil and gas as Russia warned Germany and the rest that they will reduce the inflow to Germany and Austria, if both were reselling.
The Germany have always resell Russia oil and gas to other EU countries before but nobody know why Russia now changed it on everyone.

Even Italy PM is facing massive public protests because the war is milking everyone pockets.

Drahi called Putin today about the wheat. Putin told him to tell his boss to lift sanctions. 2 more months and winter will start in some countries cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Drenimarcus(m): 6:49pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:

Bulgaria have the option to get cheap Russia gas when Russia and Bulgaria signed the South Steam to transport Russia oil through Black Sea to Bulgaria.
The Bulgaria government bowed to USA and EU pressured and cancelled the deal then Russia went to Turkey and Germany.
Both nations get the NS2 and TurkStream pipelines.

Honestly, they were banking on US LNG. They quickly changed their tone when they saw the prices, who born monkey cheesy

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Teazer4(m): 6:54pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:

I pray make dem reduce the inflow jare, make everybody get sense

3 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by seunny4lif(m): 7:04pm On May 26, 2022
Drenimarcus:

Drahi called Putin today about the wheat. Putin told him to tell his boss to lift sanctions. 2 more months and winter will start in some countries cheesy
Drahi is a fool, Italians have always be pro Russia as billions of Russia money are in Italy and many Italy companies operates in Russia.
He dragged Italians against Russia.

5 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Drenimarcus(m): 7:09pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:

Drahi is a fool, Italians have always be pro Russia as billions of Russia money are in Italy and many Italy companies operates in Russia.
He dragged Italians against Russia.

Italian companies are already complaining. Yesterday, Renault wanted to come back into Russia after leaving. Moscow said no grin

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Teazer4(m): 7:25pm On May 26, 2022
Lol

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by seunny4lif(m): 7:36pm On May 26, 2022
Teazer4:
I pray make dem reduce the inflow jare, make everybody get sense
Noooo
We don already get sense now
I get family for here oooh grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Drenimarcus(m): 7:38pm On May 26, 2022
Teazer4:
Lol

Liman is officially liberated.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by seunny4lif(m): 7:38pm On May 26, 2022
Drenimarcus:

Italian companies are already complaining. Yesterday, Renault wanted to come back into Russia after leaving. Moscow said no grin
German and Austria companies in Russia alone are over 3K companies.
Operations are cheap in Russia because of cheap oil and gas.
Many manufacturing companies in Russia have resume production.

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by seunny4lif(m): 7:40pm On May 26, 2022
Drenimarcus:

Honestly, they were banking on US LNG. They quickly changed their tone when they saw the prices, who born monkey cheesy
I swear
Many people think Russia will back down because EU is Russia second largest trading partner but they don’t know that Russia government is ready for the worst.
Russians are like Nigerians, they are used to hard life and Putin government came in and changed their lives for good meaning Russians will support him more.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Drenimarcus(m): 7:41pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:

German and Austria companies in Russia alone are over 3K companies.
Operations are cheap in Russia because of cheap oil and gas.
Many manufacturing companies in Russia have resume production.

McDonalds is coming back on the 12 of June grin Russians said no, they don't want them anymore.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Drenimarcus(m): 7:43pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:

I swear
Many people think Russia will back down because EU is Russia second largest trading partner but they don’t know that Russia government is ready for the worst.
Russians are like Nigerians, they are used to hard life and Putin government came in and changed their lives for good meaning Russians will support him more.

I tell you. Russia is playing chess while EU is playing checkers. Lots of Arab nations are now signing deals with Russia.

Saudi Arabia and Argentina expressed interest in joining the BRICS format

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Teazer4(m): 7:53pm On May 26, 2022
Drenimarcus:

Liman is officially liberated.
I can’t wait for the full Donbass liberation….

1 Like

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by seunny4lif(m): 8:09pm On May 26, 2022
Drenimarcus:

I tell you. Russia is playing chess while EU is playing checkers. Lots of Arab nations are now signing deals with Russia.
Syria war taught Arabs leaders that Russia will act if its security or allies are in danger.
In fact Putin is the only reason, Russia military let Turk troops get to northern Syria.
I followed Russia military in Syria and if it’s up to them no Israel or Turkey will strike Syria.

3 Likes

Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Teazer4(m): 8:13pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:
grin
Na me ooh
Why Mynd44 dey ban person account anyhow cheesy
ok bro, my memory sharp lol… don’t mind him, it will be free next week, na one month ban.
Re: CNN Apologizes To China by Drenimarcus(m): 8:15pm On May 26, 2022
seunny4lif:

Syria war taught Arabs leaders that Russia will act if its security or allies are in danger.
In fact Putin is the only reason, Russia military let Turk troops get to northern Syria.
I followed Russia military in Syria and if it’s up to them no Israel or Turkey will strike Syria.

Yeah! Reason why Israel said they wont be sending any harpoon missile to Ukraine.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Real Israelites Are BLACK AFRICANS / Israeli Special Forces Dressed As Medical Workers Eliminated 3 Hamas Terrorists / Obama Picks Joe Biden

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.