Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,048 members, 7,818,151 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 08:58 AM

Going To A Community College In Usa - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Going To A Community College In Usa (4603 Views)

Tomaro-Onisiwo, Lagos Community Where Cars, Okadas Are ‘forbidden’ (pictures) / F-1 Visa Denial To A Community College In Us / Help College In Manchester Uk Without Ielts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Going To A Community College In Usa by ade101(m): 4:35pm On Jul 16, 2011
Guys i need ur advise on going to a community college in US.I dream of schooling in usa but the highly xpensive tuition fee usually placed on international student has not let me.I am thinking of using a comunity college as a steping stone towards advancing to any university after completing 2years of study in a comunity college.According to my findings,after 2years one can then go to a university as a TRANSFER STUDENT and spend the 3rd to 4th year after when one will be awarded a bachelor degree.To me,it seems like a cheap way of landing an internationally recognized degree.So,after readn a lot of opinions on nairaland(travel section),i got some info that i wil neva get a visa,infact a poster wrote that trying to go to a community college is a RED FLAG (indicatn that i am only desperate to leave the country) before a consular.good nairalanders,pls advice me on how i can go about it.i dont have the finacial resources to cope in a 4-yr university without working myself to the point
of losing focus on my primary objectives(studies).I intend to start applying by next week and later transfer to major in chemical engineering.

1 Like

Re: Going To A Community College In Usa by fris(m): 5:55pm On Jul 16, 2011
Hi

I was in your shoe some times ago,But with much questions and answers,I got ways around it.Not only rich people or rich parent kids attend university in USA.

You can overcome the huge tuition by doing proper early planning,That's why it's always advised to make sure your first year living expenses and tuition is covered then second year you could get scholarship with if your first year results are superb.

Getting admission with a community college and taking to embassy is not advisable because embassy will already be thinking Desperation, Hardship,Already depending on Public funds because some of these community colleges and state funded.So Don't try it.

What you should do is prepare for your first year with a reputable University if you can't continue with them for four years paying that tuition but there are some University that ease payment of Tuition and living expenses which allows an international student to pay monthly for a period of 8 months to cover the years cost.I have such plans with my own school. Check with Sallimae Tuition Payment plan (tuitionpay.salliemae.com/tuitionpay.asp) universities and see all list of universities they have listed and it's easy.You never know you can complete the total four years with easy and not need transferring to a community college again.

If worst comes to worst,It is important that you must attend 1st semester with the university that gave you I-20 and visa before you can transfer to any community college when you must have been in USA and have done first semester with a university.The transition is easy.It takes like 3 days because i know a friend who did same and started a 2 years community college in Texas and paying $1800 per semester and hope to transfer to the 4-year university associated with the Community college.

Also remember for smooth transition from a 4-year university to a community college,You must look at the University the Community college have agreement with to transfer already.Most community college have transition path set up already,So look up the agreements already before applying because it might be hard transferring to a total different state and university not in agreement with the community college curriculum.

All i say is plan for first year of your studies in USA,It's worth the investment.Also make sure you attend,because i read a lot about delays of F-1 visa change of status to permanent residents.They hate when you are saying one thing and you mean the other.make sure you attend school.

Don't be desperate to get the visa and run away when in USA.They will wait for you when you get married to a Yankee and want permanent residents.They will give you but your file will be delayed to anytime and they might ask you to exist first.You don't want to be in USA for 20 years without having your status yet.That is one thing some F-1 student who did not attend school and think transition is easy after you have given a Yankee pregnant and married,They will only delay you then.Then ask you why you came in with F-1 visa and did not attend school ? then now you got married. That's intent to migrate concealed in heart.It's violation of immigration laws.You lied to embassy to get the visa under pretense. Even you fall out of status after your first year of education and did not commit crime,It can be as a result of hardship which is understandable than not attending at all.

Think, Research and Plan.

PLAN FOR YOUR FIRST YEAR !!!

Fris.

2 Likes

Re: Going To A Community College In Usa by ade101(m): 10:14pm On Jul 16, 2011
@fris i dont know how to thank u for the invaluable information.Its almost impossible to pull this off google.i am lukn into the link to see uni attached to d payment option u gave.if i am not ok with it,then i will consider 1-semester-then-swap once.once again,thank u.

1 Like

Re: Going To A Community College In Usa by ade101(m): 6:08pm On Jul 17, 2011
i got some schools that allow transfer before the start of the first semester and few charges like 500dols for it,while most charge nothing.So i think they dont really welcome d idea dts why some do charge.well i think i wil consider one of those dt charge like 500dols so dt i wil be relieve and assume that they wil bear no grudge and wil faithfuly transfer my sevis number.
Re: Going To A Community College In Usa by ade101(m): 6:38am On Jul 19, 2011
anybody with hints should pls advice me.thankz.
Re: Going To A Community College In Usa by pharrell22(m): 7:31pm On Aug 04, 2011
grin
Re: Going To A Community College In Usa by pharrell22(m): 7:46pm On Aug 04, 2011
grin
Re: Going To A Community College In Usa by FX(m): 12:11pm On Jul 07, 2013
Please Some shud help us throw more light on this issue. I am planning of traVelling next yr by july 2014. I want to get there then transfer to a community college.

1 Like

Re: Going To A Community College In Usa by justwise(m): 12:13pm On Jul 07, 2013

(1)

Medview Airlines Review / My Hope Of Going Abroad Is About To Fade Away Cause Of Academic Unfulfillment / Uk Embassy Refusal Stamp Three Times

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.