Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,912 members, 7,828,193 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 05:39 AM

Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 - Business (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 (9672 Views)

Pension Fund Hits N8.2tr In Q2 2018 With 8.13m Workers – NBS / Naira May Depreciate To 386/dollar In H2 —pwc / Breaking: Nigeria Stock Market Hits 9year High As Investors Gain N1.7tr In 8days (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by InoGetJoy: 1:50pm On May 27, 2022
Sweetplum:
And they disliked Tinubu. Na so Nigeria go get high igr. Tinubu's next president whether Buhari likes it or not.
Why do you want another fossil as Nigeria's president?
If a Yoruba man must be president, what happened to Osibanjo?
Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Balogunodua(m): 1:52pm On May 27, 2022
itaewon:
oya bring the one from this source,sore loser!
grin

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Balogunodua(m): 1:54pm On May 27, 2022

7 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by sammirano: 2:00pm On May 27, 2022
Why are these useless flattee sad about south west succcesses, instead of you people to learn, you are acting miserable. Happy to be full blood omoluabi. Flatbrains are miserable, all of them.

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by itaewon: 2:01pm On May 27, 2022
mfm04622:

What manufacturing is happening in Osun, Ondo and Ekiti? Nothing!
at least osun get brewery industry and even gold mine on the way
ondo has many cocoa industries.
oya tell me what is happening in ebonyi,imo and enugu absolutely nothing they are just a barrel states

12 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by olas24u(f): 2:05pm On May 27, 2022
Dailymice:
I hate Tinubu Urchins with passion but no doubt, Lagos and Ogun are doing well when it comes to manufacturing. Ogun is benefitting off being geographically close to Lagos

Policies attract people and investors

5 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Mikolo70(m): 2:06pm On May 27, 2022
OkoroBufo:
Both Apapa and Ikeja industrial estates were established by the great Awolowo during the western regional government.
When they say yamrees developed Lagos, I often laugh at their stupidity. When Awolowo was innovating and developing these money-spinner industrial estates, their forefathers were busy tapping palmwine and chasing yam legged Amaka in the village. shioorr.

-Okoro bufo
Bro make i no lie.. Some years back in Akure.. Ibos were known as palmwine tappers and Okoros....

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by NaijaCars4sale: 2:07pm On May 27, 2022
This is very impressive

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by hopexter(m): 2:12pm On May 27, 2022
LegendHero:

That news is from the Manufacturing Association of Nigeria (MAN). They are the official body and they won’t dish out fake statistics.

The only interesting thing about this is that it shows Lagos is still the topmost manufacturing base. I used to think Ogun state surpassed Lagos at some point but now it’s glaring that Lagos still maintain that lead.

Those Lagos & Ogun industrial clusters account for 86% of the manufactured goods production in Nigeria. That’s freaking huge.

And Dangote refinery has not even started operating.

7 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Nobody: 2:16pm On May 27, 2022
InoGetJoy:

Cos GEJ is a fossil.
If Tinubu won't be president, Osinabjo or Fayemi is there.
It's an insult that GEJ is being mentioned with APC. Are they all mad ni?

4 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Leoleo1(m): 2:19pm On May 27, 2022
What school did you go? What did you study?
Is the value of an industry directly proportional to its output value?

OFFICIAL336:
Nigeria GDP in 2021 was 71.3 Trillion Naira.

The same year, the industrial sector accounted for nearly 21% of the GDP, that is over 15 Trillion Naira.

But today, a Yoruba man is telling us that manufacturing (industrial sector) generated only 3.7 Trillion while Lagos and Ogun are responsible for 3.2 trillion, meaning the other 34 states generated only 500 billion.

Aba shoe industry alone is valued at over $350 million, that is about 144 billion Naira. That's is shoe alone ooh.

Take Yoruba people serious at your peril.

We rise!!!

12 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by totit: 2:25pm On May 27, 2022
Now tell me, why would any sane SW'ner move out of his region aside from foreign countries?

Wouldn't you rather be in SW if you were us cheesy?

Think about it. cool

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Shegzy8(m): 2:25pm On May 27, 2022
OFFICIAL336:
Nigeria GDP in 2021 was 71.3 Trillion Naira.

The same year, the industrial sector accounted for nearly 21% of the GDP, that is over 15 Trillion Naira.

But today, a Yoruba man is telling us that manufacturing (industrial sector) generated only 3.7 Trillion while Lagos and Ogun are responsible for 3.2 trillion, meaning the other 34 states generated only 500 billion.

Aba shoe industry alone is valued at over $350 million, that is about 144 billion Naira. That's is shoe alone ooh.

Take Yoruba people serious at your peril.

We rise!!!

Are you really comparing 2021 stats with that of 2nd quarter 2022?

You only read to respond from the point of pain. All you said is outright jargons. Can’t even differentiate between value and money generated.

10 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Tareq1105: 2:26pm On May 27, 2022
hopexter:

And Dangote refinery has not even started operating.

That would be the last straw. Even now, Dapo Abiodun has brought some companies to Ogun State. This is what we need.

However, conscious efforts should be made by governments at different levels to attract investors into other states of the federation in order to wipe out unemployment. It should not be one sided. It should cut across.

State governors should wake up from their slumber and put on their thinking cap. Governance is not a tea party, it's a call to service to better the lives of the citizenry.

Investors should be encouraged to bring industries so that we can produce what we need.

Politicians should be made to establish industries in their area of representations. It should be a criteria for election.

These are my thoughts on this topic.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by OFFICIAL336: 2:28pm On May 27, 2022
Leoleo1:
What school did you go? What did you study?
Is the value of an industry directly proportional to its output value?

You are the one being foolish.

The value of an economic sector is equal to it's annual output. The value of a company is not equal to its output but the output plus assets less liabilities.

The value of Aba shoe industry is about 140 billion which equals its annual output.

Nigeria manufacturing sector CAN NEVER be valued at 3.7 trillion Naira.

If you believe this trash, then you'd also have to believe that manufacturing accounts for 5.2 percent of national output.

A FAT LIE.

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by InoGetJoy: 2:29pm On May 27, 2022
Sweetplum:

Cos GEJ is a fossil.
If Tinubu won't be president, Osinabjo or Fayemi is there.
It's an insult that GEJ is being mentioned with APC. Are they all mad ni?
I'm Igbo but I'll happily vote Osibanjo over Rochas, though if Peter Obi is on the ballot he'll be my first choice, followed by Osibanjo. If (God-forbid) Tinubu wins, we'll just be getting a Buhari Pro Max, and na still we go suffer am
Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Basic123: 2:32pm On May 27, 2022
OkoroBufo:
Both Apapa and Ikeja industrial estates were established by the great Awolowo during the western regional government.
When they say yamrees developed Lagos, I often laugh at their stupidity. When Awolowo was innovating and developing these money-spinner industrial estates, their forefathers were busy tapping palmwine and chasing yam legged Amaka in the village. shioorr.

-Okoro bufo
God will bless you!
I wanted to type this.

Awolowo established the first industrial estate in the country in IKEJA!,....This what we should be singing in all yoruba children's ear....when they start blabbing that FG and Igbo developed Lagos,they will know how to tackle them.And also how Lagos looked like before 1999....where was lekki?,where was the skyscrapers in ikoyi?,where was lekki ikoyi link Bridge?,what was the IGR,...if not because of continuity since 1999,Lagos glory will have been taken totally by Abuja because FG intentionally left Lagos to rot.

God bless AWOLOWO,God bless TINUBU..God bless all Lagos APC family including AMBODE..God bless YORUBAS and YORUBALAND

17 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Hendtime: 2:32pm On May 27, 2022
ObosiLandlord:
Poto Poto people won't be happy with the news

See one here grin
Malory:
I no longer believe any news from this source. Too many fake news nowadays
Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Basic123: 2:33pm On May 27, 2022
InoGetJoy:

I'm Igbo but I'll happily vote Osibanjo over Rochas, though if Peter Obi is on the ballot he'll be my first choice, followed by Osibanjo. If (God-forbid) Tinubu wins, we'll just be getting a Buhari Pro Max, and na still we go suffer am
How is Tinubu buhari pro max? If you are not filled with hate and transfer hatred for Awolowo to Tinubu? Or hate his religion?

TINUBU is not a clueless person like BUHARI

5 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Basic123: 2:36pm On May 27, 2022
InoGetJoy:

Na hatred go kill you...is osinbajo 26yrs old?

Osinbajo is 65yrs!

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Nobody: 2:36pm On May 27, 2022
Congratulations to both Ogun and Lagos
Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Schprobs: 2:36pm On May 27, 2022
And the money will be share to foreign fulanis almajiri, bokoharam and unproductive sokoto.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by LegendHero(m): 2:38pm On May 27, 2022
OFFICIAL336:

You are the one being foolish.

The value of an economic sector is equal to it's annual output. The value of a company is not equal to its output but the output plus assets less liabilities.

The value of Aba shoe industry is about 140 billion which equals its annual output.

Nigeria manufacturing sector CAN NEVER be valued at 3.7 trillion Naira.

If you believe this trash, then you'd also have to believe that manufacturing accounts for 5.2 percent of national output.

A FAT LIE.

Read the below. For second half of 2021, the manufacturing output is 3.2 trillion. That’s second half alone.

The value of an industry itself is different from the value of the product they sell. Don’t be an illiterate.

My company with all my asset might worth 1billion if they want to do my valuation while I produce goods with only 100million in 6month. That’s what they meant.

With a combined manufacturing production value of N3.2 trillion in the second half of 2021, Lagos and Ogun industrial zones are responsible for 86 per cent of manufactured goods consumed in the country and exported.

9 Likes 1 Share

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by LegendHero(m): 2:40pm On May 27, 2022
Basic123:

God will bless you!
I wanted to type this.

Awolowo established the first industrial estate in the country in IKEJA!,....This what we should be singing in all yoruba children's ear....when they start blabbing that FG and Igbo developed Lagos,they will know how to tackle them.And also how Lagos looked like before 1999....where was lekki?,where was the skyscrapers in ikoyi?,where was lekki ikoyi link Bridge?,what was the IGR,...if not because of continuity since 1999,Lagos glory will have been taken totally by Abuja because FG intentionally left Lagos to rot.

God bless AWOLOWO,God bless TINUBU..God bless all Lagos APC family including AMBODE..God bless YORUBAS and YORUBALAND

100% correct.

8 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by OFFICIAL336: 2:43pm On May 27, 2022
Shegzy8:

Are you really comparing 2021 stats with that of 2nd quarter 2022?

You only read to respond from the point of pain. All you said is outright jargons. Can’t even differentiate between value and money generated.
Yorubas always claim to know yet they know nothing

Read the statement again.

The Yoruba man said the combined VALUE of locally produced goods in the second quarter of 2021 is 3.7 trillion.

But in the same year, manufacturing contributed 21% to the national GDP.

The same man claimed that the entire zones contributed about 500 billion, and I am telling you that the VALUE of Aba shoe industry alone is 140 billion.

Yorubas are known for falsifying data, so nobody takes them serious.

There is no how, Lagos and Ogun are repsonsible for 86% of locally produced goods in Nigeria.

Nigeria manufacturing output for 2020 was $54.76, that is about $13.5 billion each quarter by average.

By the end of the second quarter of 2020, output should average 13 Trillion Naira.

Now how come the second quarter combine value of manufacturing for 2021 was 3.7 trillion.

Do you know Nigeria recorded the highest GDP growth rate in the last 7 years in 2021?

So it's safe to rule out decrease in output.

You Yorubas think other regions are illiterate?

1 Like

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Nobody: 2:44pm On May 27, 2022
InoGetJoy:

Tinubu is far better than Buhari. He ll give federalism which Buhari gave nepotism. I no know which soup Buhari take baff cos Nigerians suppose vex for him more.
Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by InoGetJoy: 2:44pm On May 27, 2022
Basic123:

Na hatred go kill you...is osinbajo 26yrs old?

Osinbajo is 65yrs!
Na foolishness go kill you. Did I say Osibanjo is 26 years old?
Look at who you're trying to vote to be president of a country of 200million people, are you not ashamed of yourself? If you had a company, would you allow someone as ancient as this to be a chief executive? Them use suffering swear for una? Oya compare the two

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by Gbagura: 2:44pm On May 27, 2022
If not that Dapo Abiodun is an unfortunate governor, ogun state should be topping as the most industrialized state now. Amosun brought the highest FDI into the country during his time but clueless Dapo can't continue his legacy.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by tommy589(m): 2:46pm On May 27, 2022
OkoroBufo:

Awolowo

One of the Yoruba gods that came in contemporary times times to shape Yoruba future

-Okoro bufo
Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by InoGetJoy: 2:47pm On May 27, 2022
Basic123:

How is Tinubu buhari pro max? If you are not filled with hate and transfer hatred for Awolowo to Tinubu? Or hate his religion?

TINUBU is not a clueless person like BUHARI
I never met Awolowo so I can't hate someone who I don't know. I don't hate Tinubu, I'm not on the same level as you are. He's too old, infirm and incapable of leading a multi-ethnic and dynamic country of 200 million people like Nigeria. Also, what brought religion into this? Are you sure you're mentally ok?
We should've learned a lesson from Buhari, but alas, most Nigerians seem to be in love with their chains
Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by gannod(m): 2:48pm On May 27, 2022
Nova1988:
May God bless my yoruba brothers and yoruba land!!

Amen!

2 Likes

Re: Lagos, Ogun Account For ₦3.2tr Of Nigeria ₦3.7tr Manufacturing Output In H2 2021 by InoGetJoy: 2:50pm On May 27, 2022
Sweetplum:

Tinubu is far better than Buhari. He ll give federalism which Buhari gave nepotism. I no know which soup Buhari take baff cos Nigerians suppose vex for him more.
Tinubu has never said anything concerning federalism. He might be a good administrator (according to some people here) but he's too old for this job. Osibanjo is his progeny, why isn't he pushing to get Osibanjo elected? The truth is that Tinubu wants to become Nigeria's president so it'll be the feather on the cap of his achievements. Things shouldn't work like this in a country of sensible people.
The man is too old. His official age is unknown (the wikipedia article on him was edited a few days before he indicated interest to contest), but he's far older than what's on the wikipedia page. We don't need an infirm man again as president

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Africa’s App-based Taxis Battle Uber Over Market Share / Silly Mistakes You Must Avoid/Correct If You Must Earn Money Online / Enugu Government Shuts ShopRite, SPAR, Other Malls Over Failure To Remit Taxes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.