Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,159,353 members, 7,839,630 topics. Date: Saturday, 25 May 2024 at 04:03 AM

Why Remain Emotionally Faithful? - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Why Remain Emotionally Faithful? (967 Views)

When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable / How To Become Emotionally Strong / Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Why Remain Emotionally Faithful? by Nobody: 5:17pm On Jul 17, 2011
A successful marriage requires giving “exclusive devotion” to your mate. What does this mean? While it is normal to have friends of both sexes outside of marriage, your marriage mate has first claim on your time, attention, and emotional energy. Any relationship that takes what rightly belongs to your mate and gives it to someone else is a form of “infidelity,” even if no Sexua'l activity is involved.

How could such a relationship develop? Someone of the opposite sex may seem more attractive or empathetic than your spouse. Spending time with that one in the workplace or in a social setting can lead to discussing personal matters, including problems or disappointments in your marriage. An emotional dependency can grow. Communication in person, by telephone, or through online chat could become a BETRAYAL OF TRUST. Marriage mates properly expect that certain topics will be discussed only with each other and that their “confidential talk” will be kept private.

Beware of rationalizing that no romantic feelings exist when in fact they may! ‘The heart is treacherous,’. If you have a close friendship with someone of the opposite sex, ask yourself: ‘Am I defensive or secretive about the relationship? Would I be comfortable if my mate overheard our conversations? How would I feel if my mate cultivated a similar friendship?’

An improper relationship can lead to MARITAL DISASTER, since emotional closeness paves the way for eventual sexua.l intimacy. However, even if adultery does not result, the damage caused by loss of trust can be extremely difficult to repair.

Keep friendships with members of the opposite sex within appropriate boundaries. Do not ignore the presence of improper feelings or rationalize impure motives. If you sense that a relationship threatens your marriage, act quickly to limit or end it.

“Shrewd is the one that has seen the calamity and proceeds to conceal himself.” Says the Bible! smiley

Re: Why Remain Emotionally Faithful? by Plutarch: 6:19pm On Jul 17, 2011
On point. Good one
Re: Why Remain Emotionally Faithful? by megletters: 11:15pm On Jul 18, 2011
really good points, not that i saw anything wrong chatting wif friends on my fb n 2go, but my hubby saw everything in heaven n earth wrong wif it. So for peace sake, I just quit d whole thing. Sad, but wot could i do. Now i cnt even facebk properly, (not complainin though)

(1) (Reply)

Another Communal Crisis That Erupted In Ebonyi / Everybody Is A Racist... / MAY 1st Birthday Wishes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.