Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,833 members, 7,810,208 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:54 PM

Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - (38224 Views)

When He Becomes Emotionally Unavailable / How To Become Emotionally Strong / Are Most Women Emotionally Selfish? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by liberty24: 12:37pm On Jul 06, 2014
In a relationship, having your partner withdraw at an emotional level can bring confusion, pain and frustration.

Women who relate to men that do this are often bewildered by why and how this happens. Speaking as a man, and one who considers himself sensitive and emotionally available, there are particular situations and scenarios that cause me to withdraw. And I imagine that other men, regardless of how in-tune they are with their emotional nature, would respond in similar ways.

Just because a man withdraws does not mean he is withdrawing from you.

First, I just wanted to express that when a man seeks solace or withdraws from a conversation, it probably has nothing to do with the beloved. It has more to do with the emotional intensity and confusion around emotions than with any particular person. It just takes men more time to integrate and understand the watery realm of emotions. And understanding emotions isn’t something that happens for us spontaneously in the midst of a heated discussion. We need space and time to figure out what is happening, both within our own self and with our beloved. Men have been discouraged from feeling emotional. We have been mocked, attacked, and belittled when showing emotions. Big boys don’t cry, toughen up, and bite the bullet are all phrases men grow up with. So when we are faced with emotional situations, we are total novices. The biggest harm that is not recognized or appreciated for the depth of damage that it causes at the emotional level to a man is that men are expected to be tough, to protect, and kill to defend their family. Violence, and the expectation of violence, mandates an absence of emotional sensitivity.
It is a double standard to expect a man to be emotionally available and to have him be able to harm another human being.

Have compassion and understand the kind of conundrum that a man faces when being emotional vulnerable and awakening to deeper sensitivities. It is rare enough to find a man who wants to delve within and unleash his inner passion. It doesn’t mean that he is going to be masterful at it. For men to be comfortable in their own skin and accept their feeling nature takes a growth curve.

A woman has a lifetime of experience navigating the oceanic tides of emotional states.

Women grow up with emotional states and are accepted as sensitive, feeling beings. She is able to observe, feel, recognize and better communicate her feelings than a man. Women are also adept at observing and recognizing the emotional states in other people. And when a woman finds a man who loves her, at some level, she feels a great deal of hope because she has found an emotional match, somebody who understands those hidden tides and influences. Women will share all their heart and feelings, and not understand how this can impact a man. And when a man doesn’t respond as she needs, the feelings of being hurt or misunderstood arise. How those feelings are expressed matter a great deal.

The best men want an intimate connection with women, and often don’t know how to do that.

Men don’t fall short in the emotional realm because we are emotionally immature. We are emotionally inexperienced. Men face expectations and pressure about emotions that are confusing and contradictory. And when we find a woman who loves us and we love in return, it brings to life a living fire that had been suppressed for a lifetime. Yet fires burn, and the burgeoning sensitivities is akin to a child learning to walk. We fall down, we make blunders, and we are blind as to how to listen and communicate our emotions.

Men experience a learning curve when awakening to their deepest sensitivities.

And just as any beginner, they make mistakes. Sometimes the mistakes are colossal, and sometimes laughable. Men need an emotional example, how to be live with and operate with emotions in a healthy way. We also need to be accepted as we are, beginners with beautiful intention. To demand for a man to have the mastery over their emotions is an outrageous expectation. For most men, mastery over emotions means suppressing them, hiding feelings behind a mask of stoicism, or just turning off the emotions entirely. It takes time to even identify the subtle emotions, let alone to know how they function and their influence on our own self and those around us.
Any teacher knows that mocking a beginner or putting them down, criticizing them or their approach, will stunt the learning curve, if not completely stopping it.

The beloved woman becomes that guide into the mysterious realms of feeling emotions. When she expresses anger, puts down her man, belittles or mocks him, a man feels attacked. When she demands him to be sensitive, a man feels.......
- See more at: http://www.pandctimes.com/top-reasons-men-withdraw-emotionally-relationship

13 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Kanwulia: 2:04pm On Jul 06, 2014
Ha!
Were they ever emotionally-involved? Nor be KNACK AM-KNACK AM dem take born all of we for Africa? undecided

I have NEVER met an emotionally-involved African man o.

Even the BI-HOMOS! grin

6 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by ahnie: 6:39pm On Jul 06, 2014
too lengthy.

12 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by laplace12(m): 6:50pm On Jul 06, 2014
Op go back and organise that post If you want me to read it.

52 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by amieesuccess: 9:16pm On Jul 06, 2014
laplace12: Op go back and organise that post If you want me to read it.

Exactly!
I had to give up trying to read it at some point

18 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 11:44pm On Jul 06, 2014
Wooh! Are the men now begging for conscience and emotional trait
The whining should be postpone till chickens grow teeth!

3 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by justi4jesu(f): 7:24am On Jul 07, 2014
OP this ur Story book na wa... angry angry

2 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Yungwizzzy28(m): 7:26am On Jul 07, 2014
What are we even saying??

3 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 7:26am On Jul 07, 2014
I'm good at reading SUMMARY.

9 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by coldsummer: 7:26am On Jul 07, 2014
Ok ineresting read

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 7:27am On Jul 07, 2014
Abeg who help me see Okoro embarassed
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by kibo: 7:28am On Jul 07, 2014
@op, speak for urself...

So much hullabaloo to explain a simple hormonal battle.

2 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 7:28am On Jul 07, 2014
Wharis dis?

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by kibo: 7:28am On Jul 07, 2014
Speak for urself
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by NewsINigeria(m): 7:30am On Jul 07, 2014
the
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by NewsINigeria(m): 7:30am On Jul 07, 2014
LyndaRoyce: Wooh! Are the men now begging for conscience and emotional trait
The whining should be postpone till chickens grow teeth!

1 Like

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Marksule(m): 7:31am On Jul 07, 2014
HMMM
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by TRADELYN: 7:31am On Jul 07, 2014
grin

This will surely aid a Research Work!
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 7:32am On Jul 07, 2014
disorganized write up.....can't see any list of top reasons here, and d mods moved this to the front page....o ga ool

6 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by jhydebaba(m): 7:32am On Jul 07, 2014
Laro Monday Eko Oni gbagba ku gba - Fela

Its too early for BS

4 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 07, 2014
I never read my book finish, na dis one i go come dey read?

5 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 7:34am On Jul 07, 2014
What is the meaning of this
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by PRINCEHPXP(m): 7:34am On Jul 07, 2014
lemme tel u my fone battery last longer than most relationship we hav 2day

2 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 7:35am On Jul 07, 2014
Click like if u didn't finish reading it like me.. grin

75 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by baron2000(m): 7:35am On Jul 07, 2014
Kanwulia: Ha!
Were they ever emotionally-involved? Nor be KNACK AM-KNACK AM dem take born all of we for Africa? undecided

I have NEVER met an emotionally-involved African man o.

Even the BI-HOMOS! grin

Then you have been doing the wrong people.

4 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by EMEKA1MILLION(m): 7:36am On Jul 07, 2014
Wrong write up undecided undecided
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 7:37am On Jul 07, 2014
Just read a lil part.
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by chymystique(f): 7:38am On Jul 07, 2014
Nice write up Op... I like it but sometimes it could mean the man has lost interest or he is not sure of what he wants..

Liberty24 come and complete the post u don't expect me to click on that link!

2 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by DONMAYOR19(m): 7:38am On Jul 07, 2014
Uninteresting for me to read.....was expecting to see the reasons in numbers so I can just read the reasons headline. But because is not like that, I had to stop reading.

4 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Busuyib(f): 7:39am On Jul 07, 2014
K
Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by vivaciousvivi(f): 7:40am On Jul 07, 2014
Actually read it all and I'm left more confused than before embarassed .

7 Likes

Re: Top Reasons Men Withdraw Emotionally From A Relationship - by Nobody: 7:41am On Jul 07, 2014
Who needs this fictitous brouhaha... I shouldn't have wasted my precious time to read this. Mtcheew...

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

Judge This Case / Why Do Many Married Men Cheat On Their Wives? / Benue Teacher Asked To Pay 1.5 Million Naira As Bride Price (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 24
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.