Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,725 members, 7,851,484 topics. Date: Wednesday, 05 June 2024 at 08:29 PM

Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region (931 Views)

Law Students Admission Into Nigerian Universities 2022 By Region - StatiSense / Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions / Breaking: Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Divinemercyy: 9:18pm On May 29, 2022
Saintkeppy the class is set.

Amenyo cheesy(hope I got it?)
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by OloYeOfEgbE: 9:20pm On May 29, 2022
People that speak ibibio...what states are they from?

asking for a friend
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Divinemercyy: 9:21pm On May 29, 2022
Meciere means good morning
Abadie ~how are you?

Pls I need all d basic greetings and other compliments that follows. Thanks
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Divinemercyy: 9:22pm On May 29, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:
People that speak ibibio...what states are they from?

asking for a friend
Akwaibom state
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by OloYeOfEgbE: 9:24pm On May 29, 2022
Divinemercyy:

Akwaibom state

only?
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Divinemercyy: 9:33pm On May 29, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

only?

Me I don’t know. I’m a student cheesy wait for saintkeppy to show then ask him,he went to get his chalk and black board
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by OloYeOfEgbE: 9:37pm On May 29, 2022
Divinemercyy:

Me I don’t know. I’m a student cheesy wait for saintkeppy to show then ask him,he went to get his chalk and black board

ehen...one last question....fine girls dey the ibibio doings?
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by saintkeppy(m): 9:56pm On May 29, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

Oh sorry, you should have used Efik/Ibibio because it's similar so that people will note the difference in pronunciations. Can you edit? Remove my username

Something like this:

Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by saintkeppy(m): 9:59pm On May 29, 2022
Divinemercyy:
Abadie ~how are you?

Oh sorry, you should have used Efik/Ibibio because it's similar so that people will note the difference in pronunciations. Can you edit? Please Remove my username

Something like this:

Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by OloYeOfEgbE: 10:01pm On May 29, 2022
saintkeppy:

Oh sorry, you should have used Efik/Ibibio because it's similar so that people will note the difference in pronunciations. Can you edit? Remove my username

Something like this:

How? are you sending me on errands?

hmmm
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by saintkeppy(m): 10:16pm On May 29, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

How? are you sending me on errands?

hmmm

It's a mistake, I should have notify you earlier

Sorry, just dont want too much attention especially using my username on the topic &I want it to be understood by all, noting the differences and similarities, that's all

Thank you
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by OloYeOfEgbE: 10:18pm On May 29, 2022
saintkeppy:

Sorry, just dont want too much attention especially using my username on the topic &I want it to be understood by all, noting the differences and similarities

but what you replied is way different from what I wrote
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Divinemercyy: 12:22am On May 30, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

You’re derailing this thread.

1 Like

Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by OloYeOfEgbE: 4:52am On May 30, 2022
Divinemercyy:

You’re derailing this thread.

whats your business..?..you told me to ask someone else..Mind your business
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by TechBIogger: 7:40am On May 30, 2022
Divinemercyy:
Abadie ~how are you?

it's Mesiere

1 Like

Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by TechBIogger: 7:42am On May 30, 2022
OloYeOfEgbE:

only?
there are ibibios in some parts of Abia state, Arochukwu LGA
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by OloYeOfEgbE: 8:58am On May 30, 2022
TechBIogger:
there are ibibios in some parts of Abia state, Arochukwu LGA

smooth
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Divinemercyy: 11:19pm On May 30, 2022
Pls how do you say

‘where are u going to?’
What do u want?
What’s happening?

In ibibio/efik Lang
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Nobody: 10:00am On May 31, 2022
Divinemercyy:
Pls how do you say

‘where are u going to?’
What do u want?
What’s happening?

In ibibio/efik Lang

Where are u going to- Aka uke?
What do u want- Ayem nso? OR Nso ayem?
What's happening-
Nsido or nsi tipe?

1 Like

Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by eedimo(m): 11:03am On May 31, 2022
Basically, Only Cross River south speak Efik as the state is a multi lingual one and likewise Ibibio is spoken by some part of Akwa ibom as there are other languages spoken in this states too.

If you must learn this language only if you reside in the Efik speaking communities ESPECIALLY for Cross River State.

Learning Efik won't be easy on print, you learn faster and easier when you hear me pronounce the words.

I would advise you to find time and associates with the locals that is if you live within the state.
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Divinemercyy: 12:09pm On May 31, 2022
treasureessien:
Where are u going to- Aka uke?
What do u want- Ayem nso? OR Nso ayem?
What's happening-
Nsido or nsi tipe?

Nice

Translate for me.
How many?
What do want to buy?
How many?
One?
Two?
Three....Ten.
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Nobody: 12:17pm On May 31, 2022
Divinemercyy:

Nice

Translate for me. How many? What do want to buy? How many? One? Two? Three....Ten.
How many- Ifang? What do u want to buy- Nso Ayem Idep? One- keed Two- iba Three- ita Four- inaang Five- ition Six- itiokeed Seven- itiaba Eight- itiaita Nine- usokeed Ten- duop.

1 Like

Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Divinemercyy: 12:39pm On May 31, 2022
treasureessien:

How many- Ifang?

What do u want to buy- Nso Ayem Idep?

One- keed

Two- iba

Three- ita

Four- inaang

Five- ition

Six- itiokeed

Seven- itiaba

Eight- itiaita

Nine- usokeed

Ten- duop.
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Divinemercyy: 7:39pm On Jun 05, 2022
Pls how do u tell someone...

welcome?
House?
Market?
Church?
School?
Re: Learning Efik/Ibibio, the Two major Languages of the Akwa-Cross Region by Divinemercyy: 7:40pm On Jun 05, 2022
Translate pls...

‘Where have you been?’

‘I traveled’

(1) (Reply)

How To Remove Private Number Settings On My Phone. / 2-year Bachelor Of Theology Degree Prog. / Jobs For Students (Unilag, Lasu, Uniabuja, Futo Etc)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.