Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,202 members, 7,860,308 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 09:16 AM

Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions (1005 Views)

Breaking: Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions / ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, To Receive N70bn / ASUU Calls Off Strike: See Funny Pictures (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions by TheNation247: 7:29am On Jul 12, 2022
THE NATION REPORTERS reports that the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU) said it is ready to call off the over three-month-old strike if only certain conditions are met by the federal government.

The leadership of ASUU said the conditions to be met include the federal government accepting the University Transparency and Accountability Solution (UTAS) payment platform and also concurring with the 2009 agreement.

This was made known by the national president of ASUU, Prof. Emmanuel Osedeke on Monday during an interview on Channels TV.

Continue reading @ https://thenationreporters.com.ng/2022/07/12/finally-ASUU-agrees-to-call-off-strike-gives-two-major-conditions/

Re: Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions by Onyiiobi7735(m): 7:32am On Jul 12, 2022
Long overdue. They should call it off as soon as possible, so that students can return to class.Moreover the brain of many have become dormant due to the strike.
Re: Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions by VirileNelly2420: 7:41am On Jul 12, 2022
Same thing...
Re: Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions by Ivimmanuel: 7:59am On Jul 12, 2022
Greedy evil people. how do you think the government will honor these two demands? An agreement that was made in 2009 during Yaradua's administration they didn't think it was wise to bring it up early enough and insist it must be honored.

They want to detect to the government how they want to be paid instead of asking the government to restructure the IPPIS so that the irregular salary paid to some of their staffs could be fixed and see how some of the features of the UTAS would be incorporated into the IPPIS they want the one they designed I wonder how they want the government to take ?

1 Like

Re: Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions by daveyjay(m): 8:24am On Jul 12, 2022
Three-month-old strike??!
Re: Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions by heykims(m): 9:58am On Jul 12, 2022
Govt to honor 2009 agreement I agree.
Govt to use UTAS for payment I disagree. U don't dictate to ur employers mode of payments.

2 Likes

Re: Finally, ASUU Agrees To Call Off Strike, Gives Two Major Conditions by sseunth(m): 3:38pm On Jul 12, 2022
They should please call it off or suspend for like a month, mk I collect my transcript and use am to japa

(1) (Reply)

Y2023/2024 Academic Session LASU PG Application Advertisement / Do You Think Post Jamb Is Relevant? / Post Grad Scholarship

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.