Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,001 members, 7,821,506 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:02 PM

My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms (3256 Views)

My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) / My Journey Into Svelte Development / My Journey Into React Native (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 12:17pm On May 30, 2022
No long thing, this is my journey into Low/No-code platforms, I will update here and share my journey

8 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by airsaylongcome: 1:25pm On May 30, 2022
Following
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by Nobody: 1:29pm On May 30, 2022
Do you journey into these different things just for the sake of it or on a needs basis? Really curious to know.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by peterincredible: 2:29pm On May 30, 2022
Bros how you dey create tym learn abi are you not working for any company or you do just freelance I am currently learning three.js,blender 3d and glsl but with work(Lagos you know now) after work when I get home I go just tire how you dey do am how do you schedule the learning

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by kennethfranc(m): 5:03pm On May 30, 2022
peterincredible:
Bros how you dey create tym learn abi are you not working for any company or you do just freelance I am currently learning three.js,blender 3d and glsl but with work(Lagos you know now) after work when I get home I go just tire how you dey do am how do you schedule the learning
D thing tire me ooo.... He has two jobs+freelance+gym+personal_study+weekend flexing

The man nah guru indeed

7 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by madbuk: 6:54pm On May 30, 2022
Been following from your old diary, just before you changed its name. The ease at which you learn new things Is amazing, I'm still trying to learn devops, so I can transition into it before the year runs out, while juggling my 9 -5 job. Saw this link on a group I'm in. https://airtable.com/shrUtdozQzV0QNrFB
Might be of interest to you.
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by airsaylongcome: 7:00pm On May 30, 2022
madbuk:
Been following from your old diary, just before you changed its name. The ease at which you learn new things Is amazing, I'm still trying to learn devops, so I can transition into it before the year runs out, while juggling my 9 -5 job. Saw this link on a group I'm in. https://airtable.com/shrUtdozQzV0QNrFB

What's your day job about? Devops is an interesting field to venture into and I find that a lot of young Nigerian Tech Bros and Sis focus more on Frontend and Dev. What's your motivation for going into Devops?
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by Nobody: 7:23pm On May 30, 2022
qtguru:
No long thing, this is my journey into Low/No-code platforms, I will update here and share my journey

Interesting
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by madbuk: 8:51pm On May 30, 2022
airsaylongcome:

What's your day job about? Devops is an interesting field to venture into and I find that a lot of young Nigerian Tech Bros and Sis focus more on Frontend and Dev. What's your motivation for going into Devops?

I enjoy the thought process and logic that goes into creating pipelines from A to Z for processes that would manually require lots of human input.
The Devops concept for me hasn't just been about the tools of the trade, which is something that's becoming evident since I started, it comes with a mindshift, no fire brigade method of doing things.

I work in I.T and enjoy problem solving and troubleshooting. My biggest issue has been finding someone ahead of me who can guide me while learning Devops.
I didn't come from a programing background, so it's been gruelling and worthwhile.

5 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 11:05am On May 31, 2022
Jobia:
Do you journey into these different things just for the sake of it or on a needs basis? Really curious to know.

Oh Good question, I follow trends and insights, and I have experience working with a lot of remote clients, so I am aware of things that make sense, you might see them as different things, but to me, they are the same.

For me to jump into Shopify is still JavaScript, even the same as Airtable and Zapier (Node) and the beauty is that most of these platforms are actually not as complex, as people perceive them to be, they are API Specific, not a programming language so it is easy, and I have built or thought of some these concepts in the past. So they are not new things for me.

It comes with experience of work.

I am a consultant so I have to be aware of different platforms,

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 11:12am On May 31, 2022
peterincredible:

I work from home, plus I have a tablet as I watch a lot of youtubes and read books. So I understand the main concept, so i don't have to study the whole book.

I actually have interest in 3D Development but that Blender tool is like using a cockpit. Please join my slack group, But for me I prefer Babylon JS , I am a member of that forum html5gamedev.

See I worked for Interswitch and it took me 4 months to read a chapter in a book, you just have to find a remote job so you can have time. Join my group.

Let's start a 3D section , I have some basic knowledge in WebGL

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 11:15am On May 31, 2022
madbuk:

Thanks very much

For DevOps, I will say you are still going to be learning programming and a bit of OS mostly likely Linux and some tools like Docker, Chef and the others, the truth is DevOps is actually fun, but you have to enjoy it because it requires you to understand it.

Take a DevOps course online and practice and you will be good, if you can pull a 2 hours daily you will be fine, it can increase as interests go.
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by 3exe3: 11:43am On May 31, 2022
another journey you learn quick its a good thing....will follow this for sure
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by airsaylongcome: 11:54am On May 31, 2022
qtguru:

I work from home, plus I have a tablet as I watch a lot of youtubes and read books. So I understand the main concept, so i don't have to study the whole book.

I actually have interest in 3D Development but that Blender tool is like using a cockpit. Please join my slack group, But for me I prefer Babylon JS , I am a member of that forum html5gamedev.

See I worked for Interswitch and it took me 4 months to read a chapter in a book, you just have to find a remote job so you can have time. Join my group.

Let's start a 3D section , I have some basic knowledge in WebGL

Ha! You worked fro Bros Mitch?
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by micellgevity: 12:26pm On May 31, 2022
I have 2 questions for the OP:
1- What can I do with this Blender 3D?
2- Are there steady remote jobs for this skill? I am considering going into it. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 12:37pm On May 31, 2022
micellgevity:
I have 2 questions for the OP:
1- What can I do with this Blender 3D?
2- Are there steady remote jobs for this skill? I am considering going into it. Thanks.

See let me not deceive Blender is a hobby for me, not a side-gig thing, and 3D is hard to get into, it's a long term thing unless you are vast with 3D Modelling I won't advise you to get into it. But you can create 3D Models for Game Hobbyists and Professional Game devs if you are good.

In the future, I have an idea with 3D and E-learning so it's why I am looking at it.
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 12:40pm On May 31, 2022

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uuUojfQimzQ&t=1s

I want to try out 5 Scripting tasks, I will open Airtable Forum and write scripts for problems that someone raised. This is a way of trying out consultation within the airtable community. I will keep this updated, here is a video so you can understand the context of Airtable Scripting

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by MadarasBlade(m): 3:19pm On May 31, 2022
kennethfranc:

D thing tire me ooo.... He has two jobs+freelance+gym+personal_study+weekend flexing

The man nah guru indeed

I had to laugh so hard grin
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by Brainmer: 9:00pm On May 31, 2022
Microsoft just release power pages
an automated low code website.
https://powerpages.microsoft.com
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 9:04pm On May 31, 2022
In today's task I will be creating an Airtable App for a Shop Dealer in the US I just got a gig and I will details my ideas and thought process.

1. The steps I will take is to first create all the fields and the neccessary field types
2. Calendy or Google Calendar Integration
3. View for Daily/ Weekly /Monthly revenue tracker
4. Possibly write some scripts for inputing records.

6 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 9:59pm On May 31, 2022
Wrong post
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by 3exe3: 7:01am On Jun 01, 2022
qtguru:
In today's task I will be creating an Airtable App for a Shop Dealer in the US I just got a gig and I will details my ideas and thought process.

1. The steps I will take is to first create all the fields and the neccessary field types
2. Calendy or Google Calendar Integration
3. View for Daily/ Weekly /Monthly revenue tracker
4. Possibly write some scripts for inputing records.

How did you build your airtable portfolio?
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 7:04am On Jun 01, 2022
3exe3:

How did you build your airtable portfolio?

Nairaland Extension Airtable Contribution Form
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by 3exe3: 7:20am On Jun 01, 2022
qtguru:

Nairaland Extension Airtable Contribution Form

Yeah think I remember that project.
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 7:30am On Jun 01, 2022
3exe3:

Yeah think I remember that project.

But I had to convince the guy that I know Airtable, we got on a call. Are you interested in Airtable ?
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by 3exe3: 7:47am On Jun 01, 2022
qtguru:

But I had to convince the guy that I know Airtable, we got on a call. Are you interested in Airtable ?

Yes I am
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 10:13am On Jun 01, 2022
It took me less than 10 mins to do this and 0 line of code,

so when an entry is entered, it sends an email confirming the Date of Appointment all from a record.

If I were to build this app, it would take me weeks because of other things like Session / Authentication / Data Models

No-code is going to take alot of jobs from Developer's hand, that is processes that can be easily automated

4 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by Nobody: 10:18am On Jun 01, 2022
qtguru:
It took me less than 10 mins to do this and 0 line of code,

so when an entry is entered, it sends an email confirming the Date of Appointment all from a record.

If I were to build this app, it would take me weeks because of other things like Session / Authentication / Data Models

No-code is going to take alot of jobs from Developer's hand, that is processes that can be easily automated
Looks similar to how Zaps are built on Zapier
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by airsaylongcome: 11:12am On Jun 01, 2022
DrLevi:

Looks similar to how Zaps are built on Zapier

Similar concepts.
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by Nobody: 12:18pm On Jun 01, 2022
airsaylongcome:

Similar concepts.
Cool... You into automation also?
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by airsaylongcome: 12:21pm On Jun 01, 2022
DrLevi:

Cool... You into automation also?

As a hobby, yes. Started off by accident. Was fiddling around with Home Automation using HomeAssistant and openHAB when I stumbled on these kinds of automation
Re: My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms by qtguru(m): 12:27pm On Jun 01, 2022
airsaylongcome:

As a hobby, yes. Started off by accident. Was fiddling around with Home Automation using HomeAssistant and openHAB when I stumbled on these kinds of automation

Wow that's nice, it's actually from you all, I started looking at stuff like this.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Java Devs, Which Do You Prefer? Eclipse Or Netbeans? / How To Program Outseal Arduino PLC / Improve The Speed Of This Java Code.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.