Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,192 members, 7,822,014 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 01:33 AM

My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) - Programming - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Programming / My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) (3246 Views)

My Journey Into Low/no-code Platforms / My Journey Into Svelte Development / My Journey Into React Native (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 2:16pm On Jun 07, 2022
This is another journey but for Shopify, while I have Shopify Knowledge and JavaScript Knowledge, I have never designed a Shopify template in my life, despite knowing I can design one.

Liquid and Mustache are similar templating engines, whereas the latter exists in Moodle Development, and Django Developers will also be familiar with this templating syntax.

We currently have developed a UI Kit for Shopify and we are currently selling it, by We, I mean the Designer as I consulted with him and instructed him to create a Shopify UI Kit so he could sell it, and we can use the same kit to develop Shopify Templates.

In the coming time, I will document my journey into Shopify Development

I think it will be an interesting additional journal for others.

Follow the update.

[b]Note: [/b]You can survive on just being a Shopify Partner and not having to work for anyone but yourself.

8 Likes 2 Shares

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Maxxim: 2:41pm On Jun 07, 2022
I wish to be like you sir
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 2:49pm On Jun 07, 2022
No worries, I see you're studying, just keep at it, you will start to see most of the things that seem complex are understandable. but you can follow the topic so you can see it broken down and realize anyone can do it too. regards

3 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Maxxim: 3:18pm On Jun 07, 2022
qtguru:
No worries, I see you're studying, just keep at it, you will start to see most of the things that seem complex are understandable. but you can follow the topic so you can see it broken down and realize anyone can do it too. regards
Sure, I kept following all your threads and it's been great one.
Thanks for the heads up sir.
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by peterincredible: 3:43pm On Jun 07, 2022
This Shopify of a tin I no understand am at all I just dey hear am pls is dis Shopify a CRM or what?
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 5:08pm On Jun 07, 2022
peterincredible:
This Shopify of a tin I no understand am at all I just dey hear am pls is dis Shopify a CRM or what?

It's an eCommerce platform but very simple to use compared to the likes of Magento and Wordpress

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Laryfrosh: 6:08pm On Jun 07, 2022
qtguru:

It's an eCommerce platform but very simple to use compared to the likes of Magento and Wordpress

We are waiting for your updates.
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by peterincredible: 6:40pm On Jun 07, 2022
qtguru:

is it written in php make I see how I go do am probably 2024 might add it to my schedule
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by JackOfAllTrades: 7:08pm On Jun 07, 2022
qtguru:

I'm currently writing a Shopify theme too, it's quite straightforward to grasp honestly. But I just feel the dawn theme that people use as a base for development is kinda complicated.

I'm really moving at a very slow pace. the schema thing was a bit stressful to jump into, maybe na because of the back and forth with Shopify theme push command. Instant changes would have made a huge difference.

I'm referring to seeing your config option in the theme editor dashboard and playing with them.

Omo if I succeed with this theme eh, I go retire ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin people sell theme for $200+ and 1 company fit dey sell 10+ theme monthly
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 7:19pm On Jun 07, 2022
JackOfAllTrades:

I'm currently writing a Shopify theme too, it's quite straightforward to grasp honestly. But I just feel the dawn theme that people use as a base for development is kinda complicated.

I'm really moving at a very slow pace. the schema thing was a bit stressful to jump into, maybe na because of the back and forth with Shopify theme push command. Instant changes would have made a huge difference.

I'm referring to seeing your config option in the theme editor dashboard and playing with them.

Omo if I succeed with this theme eh, I go retire ooo grin grin grin grin grin grin people sell theme for $200+ and 1 company fit dey sell 10+ theme monthly

As in eh very complicated that dawn theme uses Custom Elements but I'll update here sha, I have a good designer, I'm glad you see it's okay

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by JackOfAllTrades: 7:27pm On Jun 07, 2022
qtguru:

As in eh very complicated that dawn theme uses WebComponents but I'll update here sha, I have a good designer, I'm glad you see it's okay

Yes, please share any advice oo and any insights from your designer friend. E go epp the community.
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by iamdannyfc(m): 7:11am On Jun 08, 2022
JackOfAllTrades:

Where can they sell this theme.
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 7:51pm On Jun 08, 2022
So my colleague created a Shopify Framework UI Kit and it is available for sale in ThemeForest, this is what I will be using to create a theme, the name of the UI kit on ThemeForest is "RiRa Shopify eCommerce Website UI Kit", I worked with him on this, guided him on the templates to design for Shopify.

I will create a Github repo for this tomorrow but it will be private and not available for public but the notes here will encourage others to develop a store.

2 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Tunechi5(m): 7:15am On Jun 09, 2022
qtguru:
boss is it only javascript that's needed to learn shopify
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 11:49am On Jun 09, 2022
Tunechi5:
boss is it only javascript that's needed to learn shopify
mostly
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by TheTraveler: 12:45pm On Jun 10, 2022
Chief, permission to shoot a DM?
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 1:25pm On Jun 10, 2022
Sure ask
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 1:26pm On Jun 10, 2022
So today, I won't be coding anything for Shopify, I will spend the day collecting information about the structure/architecture and also a breakdown of Dawn. I want to gather as much information before starting on Development. I will write it in my blog

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Anonime1105(m): 2:28pm On Jun 11, 2022
JackOfAllTrades:

while shopify theme dev is not really hard, dawn theme is kind of complicated, I feel its because of the web component and custom elements they used, I played around with shopify theme customization few months ago, shopify cli use my eye see shege, too many bugs as at then,they should have fixed some of those issues by now. I couldn't run theme serve because the cli was mixing up my partner account with my shopify account, I found a way around it sha. I would be back but for now I want to focus on react and headless shopify, I have my eyes on hydrogen, after building a headless theme with nextJs I would jump on Hydrogen.
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Anonime1105(m): 2:30pm On Jun 11, 2022
qtguru:
So today, I won't be coding anything for Shopify, I will spend the day collecting information about the structure/architecture and also a breakdown of Dawn. I want to gather as much information before starting on Development. I will write it in my blog

I would be watching this space boss, meanwhile shopify documentation is great tho.
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Anonime1105(m): 2:31pm On Jun 11, 2022
qtguru:
So my colleague created a Shopify Framework UI Kit and it is available for sale in ThemeForest, this is what I will be using to create a theme, the name of the UI kit on ThemeForest is "RiRa Shopify eCommerce Website UI Kit", I worked with him on this, guided him on the templates to design for Shopify.

I will create a Github repo for this tomorrow but it will be private and not available for public but the notes here will encourage others to develop a store.

nice
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by tensazangetsu20(m): 2:37pm On Jun 11, 2022
If you are a react developer that wants to do Shopify familiarize yourself with hydrogen or use Gatsby with Gatsby source Shopify. A lot of new builds are headless now so it's much better for you.

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Lima98(f): 2:40pm On Jun 11, 2022
qtguru:
This is another journey but for Shopify, while I have Shopify Knowledge and JavaScript Knowledge, I have never designed a Shopify template in my life, despite knowing I can design one.

Liquid and Mustache are similar templating engines, whereas the latter exists in Moodle Development, and Django Developers will also be familiar with this templating syntax.

We currently have developed a UI Kit for Shopify and we are currently selling it, by We, I mean the Designer as I consulted with him and instructed him to create a Shopify UI Kit so he could sell it, and we can use the same kit to develop Shopify Templates.

Follow the update.

[b]Note: [/b]You can survive on just being a Shopify Partner and not having to work for anyone but yourself.

I want to learn programming or design
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 2:48pm On Jun 11, 2022
Lima98:
I want to learn programming or design

Go with design, we need more designers and product designer. Watch YouTube videos on Ui/UX and search for Adora Hack Slack Group

4 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Lima98(f): 6:36pm On Jun 11, 2022
qtguru:

Go with design, we need more designers and product designer. Watch YouTube videos on Ui/UX and search for Adora Hack Slack Group
alright sir
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Lima98(f): 9:17pm On Jun 14, 2022
qtguru:

sir I am done watching videos on Ui/UX and I can now say understand what it means now and I search for adora hack slack group in that one I don't know the particular group to join but I understand that those slack are group for interaction
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Lima98(f): 9:20pm On Jun 14, 2022
qtguru:

sir please here is my WhatsApp contact 08120869908 I need your assistance in guilding me through the whole process please
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Lima98(f): 4:14pm On Jun 16, 2022
qtguru:

Follow the update.

good afternoon sir, please sir I have successfully join the adora hack slack what is the next step
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 4:54pm On Jun 16, 2022
Lima98:
good afternoon sir, please sir I have successfully join the adora hack slack what is the next step

Follow them and learn what the UI/UX people are doing. Ask questions there , and if you can also if you can take that Udacity course on Google UI/UX , you should. I'm not a UI/UX person. The Adora slack group is more than enough to get you started, all the best.

3 Likes

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by Lima98(f): 9:42pm On Jun 16, 2022
qtguru:

Follow them and learn what the UI/UX people are doing. Ask questions there , and if you can also if you can take that Udacity course on Google UI/UX , you should. I'm not a UI/UX person. The Adora slack group is more than enough to get you started, all the best.
alright sir thank you very much
Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 3:36pm On Jun 21, 2022
Shopify Theme Development Notes

Recently there has been some update with the Dawn theme, it now requires MetaField, Theme App Block.

The current Shopify CLI version has been bumped up

I made some small notes

1 Like

Re: My Journey Into Shopify Development ( Theme ) by qtguru(m): 3:46pm On Jun 21, 2022
Shopify Basic Template Overview
Sections => Allows addition of Reusable Components. e,g Just like WordPress where you can drag and add blocks to it
Template JSON => Blocks of reusable module e.g Widgets like
Layout => The base layout for the theme e.g Something like MasterPages in .NET
Theme App Block => Dynamic injection of content via App
Config => Settings for the Theme, Section and Blocks
Locale => Translation

(1) (2) (Reply)

10 Of The Best Programming Fonts / Payment System Integration Webpay(interswitch) With Php / Top 10 Movies A Programmer Must Watch.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.